Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Groupees: Sometime Tuesdays Pretentious Bundle + Microids BaB Adventure 2 + Music Bundles + See OP

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

• Please log in to reply
9332 replies to this topic

#421 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

Yeah, unfortunately sunghost is too slow at letting us know about free things.

Lol j/k. ;)

Getting a 404 error. Guess they've run out of codes. Unless the gift bundles include Dwarfs, it's no big deal that I missed it. Was just gonna grab a second copy for my secondary account.

EDIT: Now the page is back up with a note that the promo is over.

Not sure what the deal is, but I just got one, so they're not out of gifts yet. You have to log in at GameSpot and then "register" (verify your info and email) and then you get a link with a gift code.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#422 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

Not sure what the deal is, but I just got one, so they're not out of gifts yet. You have to log in at GameSpot and then "register" (verify your info and email) and then you get a link with a gift code.

Possibly just a glitch on our end, but I don't need another anyhow. :lol:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#423 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

I just realized that Dwarfs?! is in this for more than $5 donations.

If anyone has received this key and do not plan on using it I would really appreciate throwing it my way!

: )

#424 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

I literally spent about one minute getting a gift copy, so it's definitely not over. I clicked the link, saw that I was already logged in, filled in my e-mail, hit enter, then checked my e-mail right after, clicked that link, and redeemed my key.

I'm not sure why people are unable to claim theirs, but it might have something to do with IP addresses and multiple accounts. I've only ever had one GS account, and it never logs me out.

#425 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

I literally spent about one minute getting a gift copy, so it's definitely not over. I clicked the link, saw that I was already logged in, filled in my e-mail, hit enter, then checked my e-mail right after, clicked that link, and redeemed my key.

I'm not sure why people are unable to claim theirs, but it might have something to do with IP addresses and multiple accounts. I've only ever had one GS account, and it never logs me out.

That's definitely not the issue, because I've never even had a GameSpot account. It just plain won't let me log in with a new account, lol.

Not a huge deal though, just weird.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#426 GreatDoink

GreatDoink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Man, I've wanted Dwarfs for months.... but not for $5 and with Revelations! If anyone is selling their copy of Dwarfs let me know!

sig.gif 

#427 redbot

redbot

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Final goal is a contest streaking ect..

Spoiler

http://www.facebook.com/groupees

#428 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

I have no idea what they're talking about, but hey, there's a Build A Bundle 3 announcement in there!
76561197996844513.png

#429 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Wait a sec, this had Captain Brawe and I missed it? Dammit! >:|

foxhack.jpg

#430 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

Wait a sec, this had Captain Brawe and I missed it? Dammit! >:|

Sarcasm?

MARS

#431 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

NOT SARCASM >:|

I didn't even know there was a Bemine4 until today!

foxhack.jpg

#432 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

NOT SARCASM >:|

I didn't even know there was a Bemine4 until today!

Alright, you can have mine.

MARS

#433 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

darn still can't log in to gamespot. :cry:
*edit* found I have an account already on gamespot with an old yahoo email. can log in but can't get the bundle oh well.

Edited by sunasun, 02 September 2012 - 12:47 AM.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#434 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:27 AM

... Wow, M_F_A_H, thank you so very much!

foxhack.jpg

#435 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

finally got a response back trying to get the groupees bundle
this is gamespot's response
Spoiler

wow, just checked my pms and saw that The End gifted me the groupees bundle. Thank you, you're awesome!!!
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#436 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

Groupees Build-A-Bundle 3 is live.

#437 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

Any thoughts on any of these BAB3 games? I really don't know anything about any of these.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#438 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:25 AM

Any thoughts on any of these BAB3 games? I really don't know anything about any of these.

99 Levels to Hell looks like a really promising roguelike platformer, and is on Greenlight.

Omegalodon looks like mindless multiplayer fun and is also on Greenlight, but it's mostly a purely multiplayer game.

CreaVures doesn't have great ratings, but has nice visuals and is a good choice if you're into platforming puzzlers.

Chrome + Specforce is two games for the price of one, and is supposed to be a pretty fun FPS besides some terrible AI.

APOX has awful ratings, and looks like a badly made RTS.

Kaptain Brawe (if you missed it in the last bundle) is supposed to be a great adventure game for the price.

Secret of the Magic Crystals is GOTY material; nuff sed.

(Note that each game is $0.75.)

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#439 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:27 AM

The CAG Steamfellows have been ogling Secret of the Magic Crystals for a long time now, and it's being sold here for $0.75. It's a horse grooming simulator, which sounds incredibly horrid, but hey...these games are all $0.75 each. That's two games for the price of a Pepsi.

I bought all of the Steam games I didn't own out of cheapness. While the point of these bundles is to raise money, their purpose seems to be getting games as cheap as possible now.

#440 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

For the BaB, can you get more than 1 copy (or key) of a game?

#441 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

For the BaB, can you get more than 1 copy (or key) of a game?

Not in the same purchase I don't think... Separate purchases, yes.

I'd ask in the Groupees chat if you really want to know.

bZ2g3eF.png

#442 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Looks like one of the bonus games for BAB3 is Avencast, maybe it's the mystery bonus for goal 3?

Groupees.com Buildabundle is on! Get Chrome and Chrome Specforce. We're even throwing in a bonus game: Avencast. Get them here: http://$$$$$$/dFiMS

https://www.facebook...417871791603340

#443 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

So I demoed one of the Winter Wolves games on Desura and managed to get one of the endings in 5 minutes... wtf...lol

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#444 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

What about the Winter wolves bundle... any good? http://groupees.com/ww

#445 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

The only game I've played from the WW bundle is Bionic Heart. It's a decent game with a good amount of endings. I think i beat it and got most of the endings in a few hours...possibly 4-5. I bought it just to get the rest of the games. At least the one I played had a decent story. That bundle is definently for VN lovers though.

#446 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

I wasn't sure whether to pay $1 or $5, but seeing as the $5 level includes the sequel to one of the $1 level games, and we'll probably never see these cheaper again... I just bit on the $5 level.

In other news, Jonny says the next Be Mine is coming fairly soon and that it's got "only legit" games in it, and that there will be two levels as has been, $1 and $5. He says it will make a lot of people happy, so here's hoping (he also seemed pretty stoked about Dwarfs, which wasn't that amazing).

I also said "No more troll games!" and he replied "we like to have fun". xD

bZ2g3eF.png

#447 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

Spirited Heart was added as a goal for selling 1,000 units for the Winter Wolves bundle. Also, the time for the bundle was extended by 1 week.

#448 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

Spirited Heart was added as a goal for selling 1,000 units for the Winter Wolves bundle. Also, the time for the bundle was extended by 1 week.

About time they messed with that setup. I voiced how the only goal was extremely unrealistic for this niche genre, and how the bundle length made no sense at all.

Nice to see they're listening to what we say... Maybe. ;)

bZ2g3eF.png

#449 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:03 AM

Just bought the bundle. My first indie royale and also my first time getting some good games on desura. Is there a plus to desura? Or should I just download the games to my DRM free game folder and then add them to steam like I usually do? I'll probably end up downloading desura but if its a pain then I wont.

Crap, just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. Oops.

Edited by golfer, 16 September 2012 - 03:29 AM.

#450 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

Just bought the bundle. My first indie royale and also my first time getting some good games on desura. Is there a plus to desura? Or should I just download the games to my DRM free game folder and then add them to steam like I usually do? I'll probably end up downloading desura but if its a pain then I wont.

Desura is basically a storage hub for DRM-free games. I believe you can keep the client open if you want, but basically you input the code, look at your games page through Desura, and then install them DRM-free.

Keeps things organized, so it's actually a step up from DRM-free unless you're fine with just having your download links on the Groupees page.

bZ2g3eF.png