Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Groupees: Sometime Tuesdays Pretentious Bundle + Microids BaB Adventure 2 + Music Bundles + See OP

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

• Please log in to reply
9477 replies to this topic

#151 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

Please stop turning this thread into a tradelist.

#152 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Anyone have Jonny Cappuccino's email? I might as well shoot him an email directly considering that support hasn't been responding.

#153 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:16 PM

So I guess they've added a new goal. It's now Goal 6, and the former Goal 6 has been bumped to Goal 7.

Anyway, the new Goal 6 is this:

If we reach $50k, then for the first 24hrs of Build a Bundle 2, we’ll discount game and bundle prices by 40%! BAB2 launches next week.

#154 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

So I guess they've added a new goal. It's now Goal 6, and the former Goal 6 has been bumped to Goal 7.

Anyway, the new Goal 6 is this:

It's a great bonus, but I don't think we'll meet the goal. We're getting around 100 sales per hour.

#155 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

Build a bundle! Yeah!!!! If they could restrict the discount to only people who bought 3 I think that would drive sales, but sounds too complicated.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#156 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

I welcome another "build-a-bundle", but doesn't it seem odd that it appears that it's gonna run during the expected run time for the Steam Sale? Isn't it gonna be overshadowed by steam sale fervor?

Also, if you're a dev/publisher, aren't you looking at a situation where people will essentially be able to buy your game for a buck? Wouldn't you rather only have that option available to people after the Summer Sale ends? After a certain number of people have bought your game for more than a buck?

I guess that depends on the games in the bundle. If it's a bunch of games like Caster (which is only $5 and goes on sale during the big sales for about a buck), then I guess it doesn't really matter.

Edited by The End, 07 July 2012 - 02:10 AM.

#157 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

I welcome another "build-a-bundle", but doesn't it seem odd that it appears that it's gonna run during the expected run time for the Steam Sale? Isn't it gonna be overshadowed by steam sale fervor?

Maybe I'm the only one, but ever since bundles took off, I can't say I've given a damn about Steam sales.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#158 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:28 AM

Maybe I'm the only one, but ever since bundles took off, I can't say I've given a damn about Steam sales.

Interesting.

I'd say 90% of the games I play are from indie bundles. I hadn't thought about that until just now.

MARS

#159 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

yeah, I was just thinking this the other day... I'm at the point of I'll take free crap Valve throws my way but my backlog of indie games has grown quite large. I'll probably just do the achievement stuff from all the games I've already got and just wait for the next bundle.

#160 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

emailed support again and finally got my gift bundle.

#161 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

emailed support again and finally got my gift bundle.

Still nothing from support, been days now. Nobody in chat only Groupees fan boys

#162 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Groupees groupees?

#163 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Still nothing from support, been days now. Nobody in chat only Groupees fan boys

Try private chatting with Jonny Cappuccino (when he's available in the chat on their site). He said that they haven't been getting very many support emails, so I'm guessing most of the emails are getting blocked or filtered. If you chat directly with Jonny you can provide him with your account info which should speed up the process.

I got my gift URL emailed to me on the 5th, but it's probably because I gave Christian (an admin) my account info. I doubt they received the emails I sent to them. It's a huge mess, Groupees need to sort out the bugs with their site and email before they decide to do anything like this again.

#164 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

Same here. Emailed them 3 days ago and haven't heard anything back. Their support is awful.

#165 eldergias

eldergias

I can be rational. Can you?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

Per twitter, it appears that their "Customer Service" is one guy, and he has been in the hospital.
gallery_474050_8161_57343.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

All of my discussions are governed by the Rational Discussion Flow-Chart.

#166 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

OK, I just checked over on Groupies site to see if there was anything new. Apparently they had originally wanted to launch the Build-A-Bundle2 either yesterday, or today. But obviously it wasn't yesterday, and it won't be today either. According to Jonny Cappuccino, the delay is due to somebody being a bit slow to give them some keys. He hopes to get the bundle up within a week. So I guess it could be any day now. But it wont be today.

So far, confirmed games that will be in the BAB2:
Tiny Bang Story
Alien Breed Impact
Syberia 2
Iron Grip: Warlord (just revealed)

Supposedly they're using the delay in getting this bundle up and running to try and acquire some more games to choose from. JC said that it might be as many as 12.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Even though we didn't hit the $50,000 mark, they're still apparently gonna offer a discount over the first 24 hours. It wont be 40%, but JC said something about being able to maybe buy 3 games for $2. I guess they're regularly gonna be $1 a game.

#167 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

OK, I just checked over on Groupies site to see if there was anything new. Apparently they had originally wanted to launch the Build-A-Bundle2 either yesterday, or today. But obviously it wasn't yesterday, and it won't be today either. According to Jonny Cappuccino, the delay is due to somebody being a bit slow to give them some keys. He hopes to get the bundle up within a week. So I guess it could be any day now. But it wont be today.

So far, confirmed games that will be in the BAB2:
Tiny Bang Story
Alien Breed Impact
Syberia 2
Iron Grip: Warlord (just revealed)

Supposedly they're using the delay in getting this bundle up and running to try and acquire some more games to choose from. JC said that it might be as many as 12.

You forgot Hammerfight, that was also confirmed.

#168 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

I saw somebody mention Hammerfight in the chat, but it wasn't clear to me if they were being serious or not.

#169 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

I saw somebody mention Hammerfight in the chat, but it wasn't clear to me if they were being serious or not.

They were, Jonny confirmed it in the chat the other day. I'm disappointed that it'll be in BaB2 :cry:

#170 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

Well on the upside, it's a Build-A-Bundle, so none of us will be forced to buy it.

I'm guessing that you already own it because of HB3, right? That's were I got it from. I still haven't tried it yet, so I have no idea if it's any good. All I know is that I already own it so it's one game that I can safely skip.

#171 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

Well on the upside, it's a Build-A-Bundle, so none of us will be forced to buy it.

I'm guessing that you already own it because of HB3, right? That's were I got it from. I still haven't tried it yet, so I have no idea if it's any good. All I know is that I already own it so it's one game that I can safely skip.

Yeah, I got it from HB3. It's nice that we can skip it. Someone on SPUF said that there are 7 out of 9 games that havent been in bundles before.. if that's true, we only know of one that has been in a bundle (Hammerfight). The other hasnt been announced. I personally never saw the 7 out of 9 thing stated by the Groupees staff though, so I don't know how accurate that info is.

#172 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

In for Syberia 2 at least. If the others are repeats I'll just pick and choose 2 more that friends might like.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#173 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

Oh, I thought it said Tiny Big! That would be a good one. Tiny Bang Story and Syberia 2 have my interest. Didn't a bundle just have Syberia 1 in it?

#174 marsilies

marsilies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Didn't a bundle just have Syberia 1 in it?

Yes, Groupees Be Mine 3. Now their next bundle has the sequel.

#175 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Oh, I thought it said Tiny Big! That would be a good one. Tiny Bang Story and Syberia 2 have my interest. Didn't a bundle just have Syberia 1 in it?

Yes so it's good timing on Syberia 2. Those two Syberia games have never dipped below 50% on Steam so getting either of them plus other games for $4 or so is a decent deal.

steam_sig.png

#176 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Yes, Groupees Be Mine 3. Now their next bundle has the sequel.

That's exactly what the next bundle should do.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#177 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

In for Syberia 2 at least. If the others are repeats I'll just pick and choose 2 more that friends might like.

in for Syberia 2 as well...they have been on my Steam wishlist for awhile.

I also got my gift URL for Be Mine 3, had to send 3 emails but I got it

#178 lidl

lidl

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Still haven't received the Gift URL. Do they even send it out if you don't nag them about it ?
:hd: :360: :psp: :gba: :wii: :dvd: :ps2: :xbox: :gc: :ds: :pc: :ps3:

#179 marsilies

marsilies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

Still haven't received the Gift URL. Do they even send it out if you don't nag them about it ?

I got it early on without asking for it. When did you buy your bundle?

#180 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

If you haven't received it by now, you won't receive it without nagging them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free