Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1st

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://latino-review.com/2012/06/28/exclusive-marvels-2014-movie-revealed/

Marvel’s plan has been 2 superhero movies in their Unified Film Universe each year. Next year will bring us the new entries into the ‘Thor’ and ‘Iron Man’ and 2014 will bring us ‘Captain America 2′ and…

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.

guardians-626x400.jpg

The Marvel comics universe is called 616. Long story, just accept it. The Guardians of the Galaxy are a team of superheroes from the future of Universe 691. There, an evil alien race called the Badoom is trying to take over the universe. And then the Badoom create the Korvac, and… don’t worry, we have until 2014 to slowly educate ourselves on Guardians of the Galaxy.

The important thing is, at some point, the Guardians will jet back to the 20th century (yes, 20th. Probably the 21st in the movie universe) to meet with the Avengers.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Avengers phase 2 begins!

- Iron Man 3
- Thor 2
- Captain America 2
- Black Panther
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- The Avengers 2

Wow!

Awesome. I've been a big fan of GotG since i was a kid. It's always been one of my favorite comics, and the recent run was amazing.

Hope this is true! Adam fucking Warlock!

I heard a couple rumors about this. The Thanos tease was kind of like the Thor Hammer tease at the end of Iron Man 2. When Shield found the Hammer it lead to a whole another movie in Thor and not some sort of cameo in Iron Man 3.
So by the time we see Avengers 2 we could see Ant-Man, Spiderman and the Guardians? That's one hell of a movie.

[quote name='dohdough']Hate to possibly burst your bubbles guys, but that site isn't exactly known for accurate rumors.[/QUOTE]

It was just confirmed by IGN and Variety:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/29/guardians-of-the-galaxy-movie-to-be-announced-at-sdcc

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056109

guardians_galaxy.jpg

Marvel Studios is ready to assemble its next group of superheroes for the bigscreen: The Guardians of the Galaxy.The Disney division is expected to announce a "Guardians" film as its next tentpole that would launch a new set of characters on May 16, 2014. Studio had previously planted a flag on that date for an untitled Marvel pic.

The Guardians are aliens in the 31st century -- each the last of their kind -- who travel back in time to enlist help to battle the Badoon, an evil alien race that attempts to conquer Earth's solar system. First introduced in 1969 and again in 2008, the newer set includes Star-Lord, Drax, gun-toting Rocket Raccoon and Groot, a tree. Characters were recently featured in an episode of the animated series "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes."

In the comicbooks, the characters have crossed over into the "The Avengers" universe, making them fit in easily with Marvel's bigscreen plans to expand the superhero franchise -- as would Ant-Man, another Avenger. And like its other Marvel properties, Disney can exploit the Guardians across all of the Mouse House's divisions as TV shows, videogames, consumer products and possibly theme park attractions.

Nicole Perlman, who came out of Disney's screenwriting program, penned a version of the script that Marvel has been high on.

While Marvel will focus much of its Comic-Con presentation on "Iron Man 3," lensing now in North Carolina under the direction of Shane Black, the company will spend some time highlighting how it plans to introduce new characters to auds the way it did with Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America. Session wraps up Hollywood's film panels on July 14.

The website Latino Review first reported Marvel's plan to announce a Guardians pic at Comic-Con. Marvel declined to comment, although sources confirm to Variety that Disney and Marvel are zeroing in on the project, rather than a standalone Black Panther project at this point.

Guardians of the Galaxy is among several new properties Marvel is looking to launch as films, along with Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, The Inhumans, while Black Panther also is being tackled by scribes. Edgar Wright recently shot test footage for "Ant-Man," about a scientist who can change his size and communicate with insects. Project, which he co-wrote with Joe Cornish, has long been in development and discussed at Comic-Con in previous years.

Marvel and Disney's next superhero outing is "Iron Man 3," skedded for May 3, 2013, to be followed by "Thor 2" (Nov. 15, 2013) and "Captain America 2 (April 4th, 2014). Disney already has said an "Avengers" sequel is in the works, most likely for 2015, although no date has yet been set.

The legendary Brian Muir (man who designed STAR WARS) will be designing GOTG

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03...-mask-is-busy-on-the-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

We’ve learned that Star Wars legendary designer Brian Muir, the movie prop sculptor who also worked on the Ark of the Convent, the Space Jockey and even Darth Vader’s mask and armour, is busy at Pinewood with The Guardians of the Galaxy.

I tried to ascertain if he was working on Star Lord’s mask, and was just given the run around. Which leads me to believe he is. Put that on file for pub quizzes in years to come.

We’re told that there’s something of a Star Wars vibe to the plans for Guardians, and Muir’s appointment is a nice manifestation of this. Much better idea than stuffing Peter Mayhew in a Raccooon suit.

star-lord-guardians-of-the-galaxy-240x260.jpg

You know I really wonder if they should have done Iron Man 3 then the Avengers to Phase out P1 then go to P2 with new characters. This whole Phase thing is weird. We don't need another Thor movie.

[quote name='ITDEFX']MAYBE they can stop this useless 3d crap for P2.[/QUOTE]

As long as 3D films continue to print money, they will continue to be made. :p

[quote name='ITDEFX']You know I really wonder if they should have done Iron Man 3 then the Avengers to Phase out P1 then go to P2 with new characters. This whole Phase thing is weird. We don't need another Thor movie.[/QUOTE]

So says you. I, personally, never saw Thor or Captain America prior to Avengers. After seeing that (3 times) I watched Thor and Capt. and thought they were actually good. So bring on those sequels AND Phase 2 :D

Hopefully the get rid of this "Blam! Murdered You" crap. Rocket Racoon is a cool character, please don't let this be his "It's Clobbering Time" or "SPOOOOOOOON"

2h7qhhk.png

2ppwrys.jpg

1zzi3jo.png

I hated that shit. More like "Blam, you murdered my character with dumb catch phrase"

That's actually a really awesome catchphrase, I think. Fits the character quite well. I doubt they put it in the movie (being Disney and all) but I hope they can squeeze a variant of it in at least once.

Imagine "Blam Murdered you" being said on screen and not in your head. It sounds like a 12 year old playing COD. I noticed in the last few issues he stopped saying it, and all for the better. It was annoying.

I can imagine him saying it perfectly. It has nothing to do with age. And he's rarely fought (which is the only time he says it) in the past few issues. It will return because Bendis rarely lets stuff go. But to each their own, I suppose.

I can imagine him saying it perfectly. It has nothing to do with age. And he's rarely fought (which is the only time he says it) in the past few issues. It will return because Bendis rarely lets stuff go. But to each their own, I suppose.
Same. I think it fits Rocky just fine and I've always been a huge fan of him.

We're going to have to disagree on this one, but it's all good. If it makes it into the movie I at least I know the referance. But with Bradly Cooper voicing this guy it's gonna be hard to fuck up.

A little appetizer untill the main course tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbFPyMOHcHQ

I wonder what type of accent Rocky will have. In UMVC 3, he had a rough British accent, but in Ultimate Spider-Man, he sounded like a normal dude from New York. I trust Bradley Cooper, though.

Well. The trailer isn't great. It basically tries to introduce the characters which I guess is needed. This was always gonna be a tough sell. I still think the movie will he very good.

I know Bradley Cooper has dome some voice work, but not much. And I don't think Deisel has even begun his voice work for Groot yet.

I'd been reading mixed things about the trailer before getting to watch it myself. fuck that, I'm looking forward to this movie (as if there was any doubt).

R7ACI1gtTxWQ37uITe7H_1606939_296138207201832_591918143_n.jpg

At first I was like Ok, this is when Marvel movies start getting weird and was planning on skipping this one, but after that trailer, it's a go!

Saw a screening.

It is FANTASTIC.

I'm going to spoil a humorous scene. Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled. I can't believe this line made it in the film. This line alone should relieve any worries people have about Disney possibly censoring Marvel films. Paraphrasing because I don't remember the exact wording.

Gamora: "This ship is dirty."

(She leaves the room)
Star-Lord: "Man, she should be glad she doesn't have a blacklight. I bet it looks like a Jackson Pollock painting."

I had free tickets to see this Wednesday but I had to work. So I gave then to a co-worker to share with his friends. I'm jelly 

You know I had zero interest in this movie until recently. Now I am more interested because of the badass that is Rocket.

There's a credit after the film ends, a humorous one where they use characters from the film (think of the shawarma scene in the Avengers and you get the idea). There WILL be a scene after the credits, but it was cut out of all screenings because they didn't want it to leak out ahead of time.

bread's done
Back