Photo
- - - - -

Final Fantasy VII (PC DD) w/ Achievements, Character Booster, Cloud Saves for $9.99

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#91 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

What the Fuck? A cheat in the game that gives you max hp, mp, and gold is advertised as a feature? Why the Fuck would they put in a "REMOVE ALL THE SATISFACTION OF ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME" button?

I was thinking the same thing. Does not compute >.<

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#92 ShinSolidus

ShinSolidus

El Guapo Jr.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

You could always...you know...not use the feature...

card.pngShin_Solidus.png

Feel free to add me! Just let me know you're from CAG, please.

#93 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

What the Fuck? A cheat in the game that gives you max hp, mp, and gold is advertised as a feature? Why the Fuck would they put in a "REMOVE ALL THE SATISFACTION OF ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME" button?

For the same reason companies release cheat guides and walkthroughs, and people buy them.

#94 Darker

Darker

Monk of Ivgorod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:45 AM

Man... No release date.

#95 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:01 AM

There are only so many hours in a day to devote to gaming thanks to school and work, so I find this feature very exciting. And besides, I've restarted this game way too many times without having finished it.

#96 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:17 AM

Because you can turn it into this.

!

That interface is horrible and Cloud's Buster Sword does not need to have "stock anime slashing" sound effect.

#97 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:20 AM

It was an easy feature for them to add, so they might as well have added it. There was already a ton of free to download "trainers" for the game, SE probably just packaged one of those with this release.

#98 kiyomasa

kiyomasa

ポケモン

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:23 AM

thanks

#99 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

There are only so many hours in a day to devote to gaming thanks to school and work, so I find this feature very exciting. And besides, I've restarted this game way too many times without having finished it.

You might as well just watch a walkthrough/speed run then. I dont see how people can enjoy games without actually "beating it". You cant say you beat FF7 if you use this feature, I mean you did but did you really?

And you restarting the game is your own fault, this game has been out for like 15 years, if you never "had time" before you could of used a gameshark.

On another note, I might just get this to have on my laptop, never got into playing games on pc but im a tool for FF7 kinda. The achievements might push me to play more.

#100 Rebelphoenix

Rebelphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

In for 12.

#101 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hopefully someone will mod this game....
Maybe the guys behind Chrono Resurrection can try making mods to make it look better

(still kinda mad at squarenix for shutting this down)

#102 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

Hopefully someone will mod this game....

As has been implied earlier, FFVII PC has a fair number of mods, thanks to a (still active, amazingly enough) modding community. No word yet on whether any of the mods will work with this new release, though.

Also, I still want to know where the OP got "$9.99" from.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#103 red flare graf

red flare graf

Metalwrath

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Also, I still want to know where the OP got "$9.99" from.

Same here, and it still wouldn't be a deal. Does every PSone Classic released on PSN get its own deal thread at full price, too?

#104 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

Any more info ?

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#105 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Any more info ?

I also want more info... I feel like we should be getting a price point and release date for this soon right? I may just break down and get it on PSN (even though it looks like crap on my tv....)

#106 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

No Steam = No Sale
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#107 The_Lawlbringer

The_Lawlbringer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Same here, and it still wouldn't be a deal. Does every PSone Classic released on PSN get its own deal thread at full price, too?

If they get re released with achievements and other enhancements, probably. Also its Square finally doing something with FF7. Support it and we may get an HD remake. Otherwise stop whining and GTFO.

#108 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

This is the most active forum and there are frequently threads for non-deals. Why do people still bitch about this!!!!

#109 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Because it's the internet where they take out their miserable lives on everyone else.

#110 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

I also want more info... I feel like we should be getting a price point and release date for this soon right? I may just break down and get it on PSN (even though it looks like crap on my tv....)

PSN PS1 games are the best because of playing them on the PSP. They look awesome on there. I buy a digital version (if it's available) every time I play a PS1 game even though I have the disc. They're just too good! lol

Edited by Zaku77, 11 July 2012 - 05:12 PM.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#111 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

PSN PS1 games are the best because of playing them on the PSP. They look awesome on there. I Buy a digital version (if it's available) every time I play a PS1 game even though I have the disc. They're just too good! lol

I do have a psp some place.... Haven't picked it up in probably 2 years. :( I'll still wait on this deal to get more info (assuming that happens soon) Actually, I may have sold my psp to gamestop.

#112 Guimengo

Guimengo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:57 AM

I sold all of my CD games, Final Fantasy 7-8, 4 and Chrono Trigger. Got them on PSN download for $4.89, except FF7 for $9.99.

I don't mind it not being on Steam, after all Valve gets a massive cut on anything sold there. I really hope there's some work done on this FF7 release as there's no point reselling something that will make us all go through the same hassle of finding proper 3rd-party (free) updates ourselves to make it a respectable game.

htya.jpg

#113 Guimengo

Guimengo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

This place helped me get FF7 working and guided me on how to update it:

http://www.finalfantasy7pc.com/

htya.jpg

#114 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

No Steam = No Sale

Wouldn't say no Steam = no sale for me per se. However, the achievements are pointless unless it's hooked into a decent community that actually values achievements. When they're just put into a single game and not attached to a larger community they're pointless.

But yeah it would have to be REALLY cheap for me to buy it elsewhere though.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#115 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

I just got this month's Square Enix Members newsletter. The $9.99 price is real, but...

In celebration of the FINAL FANTASY franchise's 25th anniversary, Square Enix is offering Members exclusive access to this classic at a promotional price of $9.99.

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#116 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

I just got this month's Square Enix Members newsletter. The $9.99 price is real, but...

Probably exclusive for a few weeks at best, until it's offered to the rest of the world.

#117 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Probably exclusive for a few weeks at best, until it's offered to the rest of the world.

Yeah, definitely, but who knows what price it'll be then? I wouldn't be surprised if the actual price is $9.99, since that's what it goes for on PSN, but there's these new features, so... *shrug*

Like pROvIs said, if this isn't on Steam, I won't be buying it. I already have the PC version, and the only reason I would want to buy it again would be for (meaningful) achievements and Steam community features (screenshot uploads, etc.).

Edited by blueshinra, 13 July 2012 - 04:41 PM.

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#118 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

http://store.na.squa...00#.UB3JIE1lSyc

It's out now. I'm still a little unclear if this gets you a Steam key and they are just the only place you can buy it from or if they are starting their own DD service with Cloud (Strife) save etc.

Someone on the Steam forum said it was a direct download straight from Square that you have to use their (new?) client for and it has Securom with a 5x activation limit. :bomb:

Also people are saying the Securom keys are apparently not in their database yet and they can't activate the game. Great. :roll:

I'll pass and wait and hope it shows up on Steam.

Edit: People on the Square forum who bought it and can't activate it are pissed off

http://na.square-eni...39235/29269207/

I've been seeing A LOT of issues with securom not being updated properly to allow keys for people who legitimately purchased games. Publishers need to ditch it. Fable III, Sacred II, Battle Chess and now this. What's next?

Edited by Motoki, 05 August 2012 - 01:32 AM.

steam_sig.png

#119 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:30 AM

http://store.na.squa...00#.UB3JIE1lSyc

It's out now. I'm still a little unclear if this gets you a Steam key and they are just the only place you can buy it from or if they are starting their own DD service with Cloud (Strife) save etc.

Someone on the Steam forum said it was a direct download straight from Square with a limit of 5 times max that you can download it from them. :bomb:

I'll pass and wait and hope it shows up on Steam.

Good find, but yea gonna wait on this. Has anyone seen a review, gameplay on the new release? Also, squareenix website looks like a 90s website

#120 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

I'll wait for the GFWL version.