Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#3331 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Quick question for anyone that may know:

The Gala Store has mediocre deals going on right now, but I am interested in one game:

Penguins Arena: Sedna's World is 99-cents.
http://store.steampo....com/app/11280/

I checked it out on Steam, and it's listed, but is only sold through the "Action Indie Pack", seen here:

http://store.steampo...d.com/sub/2574/

I'm just curious if the pack has ever been 50% - 75% off during one of the seasonal sales? I probably won't be playing any of the games any time soon, so I'm in no rush. Plus, I am suspicious that IG will have them in a future bundle, but if that's not the case I'd like to grab the pack during a sale.

Thanks for any info.

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#3332 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

Quick question for anyone that may know:

I'm just curious if the pack has ever been 50% - 75% off during one of the seasonal sales? I probably won't be playing any of the games any time soon, so I'm in no rush. Plus, I am suspicious that IG will have them in a future bundle, but if that's not the case I'd like to grab the pack during a sale.

Thanks for any info.

Yeah if I recall correctly I bought this same pack during the Summer Sale for about $3-4.

#3333 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

I hope they release JSRF and sonic adventure 2 now (with VMU support of course).... Sega is surprisingly supportive of steam recently. hats off.

also, does anyone know if NBA2K13 will be released alongside the console versions on steam? hard to find anything on the net about it.

Hand__Of__God.png

#3334 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

If they release SA2 and Nights on Steam, I will love them. If not I will begrudgingly buy them on PSN.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3335 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Is the Strat first bundle even listed yet? Tony said he is still working on putting it together. If it has 25-30 games as he said it would, I would find it hard to imagine that I couldn't pick at least 5 out of there that would be worth playing. Then I could sell any steam keys I dont need/want.

Oh, I'm being way too harsh on the SFI bundle. I'm sure there will be enough worthwhile games in it to make it worth it, I'm just extremely underwhelmed by SFI games in general.

I guess I'm hoping Tony will swing it for $9.99 instead of $12.49 too, since the 1C bundle will have over double the number of games and only be $2.50 more if that's how it goes... lol.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3336 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

I hope they release JSRF and sonic adventure 2 now (with VMU support of course).... Sega is surprisingly supportive of steam recently. hats off.

also, does anyone know if NBA2K13 will be released alongside the console versions on steam? hard to find anything on the net about it.

I bought 2K12 on Steam last year and that was pretty close to the console-version launch, if not the same day.

This is because I purchased the Worms Complete pack during the summer sale and still haven't played any of them. You're welcome, everyone.

Man... Torchlight is in a bundle and now the Worms games. Is any purchase safe from a future bundle inclusion?!

MARS

#3337 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

Forgot to say, loving this Gala bundle. Team 17 doesn't make the greatest games of all time, but they're a cool little company who knows what they're doing. I don't have any of these games, so the bundle gets a thumbs up for me. :)

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3338 groz24

groz24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Figures we'd get the Worms games and Torchlight shortly after I bought both of them. Oh well, you can't win them all!

#3339 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

Jet Set Ra-Di-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!!!

:-# I... I.. I love you.

#3340 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

FYI, I mentioned TtM a few pages ago, and while there's no sale yet on Steam, GoG has it for $4 today!
http://www.theverge....d-old-games-gog
Posted Image

#3341 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

FYI, I mentioned TtM a few pages ago, and while there's no sale yet on Steam, GoG has it for $4 today!
http://www.theverge....d-old-games-gog

Hermels Bundlers bonus methinks. I'm holding out.

#3342 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

Hermels Bundlers bonus methinks. I'm holding out.

yea, i would bet cash money this shows up in a bundle by the end of the winter. lol@ charging $10 for a RPG maker game anyway.

Hand__Of__God.png

#3343 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Ooooohhhh... Jet Set Radio trolled me on login. It showed a config page for "Controls" and then only let you select KEYBOARD.

Pleased to confirm that it does actually support the Xbox 360 (and maybe other) gamepads :D

#3344 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Ooooohhhh... Jet Set Radio trolled me on login. It showed a config page for "Controls" and then only let you select KEYBOARD.

Pleased to confirm that it does actually support the Xbox 360 (and maybe other) gamepads :D

Thanks for the heads-up, JSR is the kind of game I would really want to play with a controller.

Also, any rumors if Sonic Adventure 2 will be coming to Steam?

fs_overall.png

#3345 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

Jet Set Radio is great, but I wish they could find a way to port Jet Set Radio Future as well. I'd much rather play JSRF than JSR.

Thanks for the heads-up, JSR is the kind of game I would really want to play with a controller.

I couldn't even imagine trying to play JSR with a mouse & Keyboard. If it didn't have controller support, that would be a deal breaker for me.

#3346 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

Also, any rumors if Sonic Adventure 2 will be coming to Steam?

It appears so, if you look at the end of this trailer:

#3347 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

Indie Royale's bonuses have unlocked. OSTs from Swords & Soldiers, Lunar Flight, and Bunny Must Die.

Sonic Adventure 2 was probably my favorite Sonic game and definitely the one I played the longest. Ignoring Generations, it probably gets my vote for best soundtrack in the series as well. Any idea if it's the DC or GameCube version? The GameCube release added several elements, but it removed a few as well iirc.

#3348 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

IIRC, the PC port of Crazy Taxi lacks analog controls, so JSR may be another victim of lazy Sega porting.

#3349 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

Went the bare min. on IG9, Worms & AB3 for $1 seem cool to me. Anything worth playing in the Deep Space bundle?

Two keys for Avencast ftw. I'm happy I purchased separately on SOTMC lol.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#3350 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

yea, i would bet cash money this shows up in a bundle by the end of the winter. lol@ charging $10 for a RPG maker game anyway.

Right, right, but I'm thinking this is the path of the whole current HB. A medium sale for TtM just days before bundling.

#3351 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

IIRC, the PC port of Crazy Taxi lacks analog controls, so JSR may be another victim of lazy Sega porting.

Analog sticks worked fine for me.

"Whoooooooooah-oah...
The rev-rev-rev,

The rev-rev-rev,
Whoooooooooah-oah...
The rev-rev-rev,

The rev-rev-rev,
Viva! Viva! The Revolution!
Viva! Viva! The Revolution!"

That song will be stuck in your head all day now. Rock that shit homie.

Edit: tried linking the YouTube vid but think I brokeded the forum :(

#3352 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

It's great to finally see Jet Set Radio on Steam. The sad thing is that Skies of Arcadia's PC port vanished off the face of the Earth, along with any mention of Shenmue's potential PC release date.

Still, NiGHTS Into Dreams, Sonic Adventure 2, and, of course, Jet Set Radio are nice additions to the PC field.

#3353 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

Hear, hear! Yay JSR!

#3354 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

It's great to finally see Jet Set Radio on Steam. The sad thing is that Skies of Arcadia's PC port vanished off the face of the Earth, along with any mention of Shenmue's potential PC release date.

Still, NiGHTS Into Dreams, Sonic Adventure 2, and, of course, Jet Set Radio are nice additions to the PC field.

I'd love to see Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue series ported to PC.
I've never played these.
YES PLEASE - bring 'em here!!!

#3355 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

I've never played these.

both amazing games, but i'm sure shenmue didn't age well.

Hand__Of__God.png

#3356 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

Went the bare min. on IG9, Worms & AB3 for $1 seem cool to me. Anything worth playing in the Deep Space bundle?

Two keys for Avencast ftw. I'm happy I purchased separately on SOTMC lol.

Heads up that if you wait for a Happy Hour group buy, you can get the BTA bundle for $1.50-$2. Just pop over to this thread and look for a group.

bZ2g3eF.png

#3357 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

I've never played these.

both amazing games, but i'm sure shenmue didn't age well.

I absolutely loved Skies of Arcadia back in the day. Perhaps my favorite Dreamcast game.

As much as I loved Shenmue at the time, I can only imagine that it feels really stiff and outdated today.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#3358 groz24

groz24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

I played Skies of Arcadia on the Gamecube, and it was one of the most fun experiences I've ever had playing a game. If it came out on Steam, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat to play through.

#3359 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

I

As much as I loved Shenmue at the time, I can only imagine that it feels really stiff and outdated today.

the book moving (?!) and forklift mini games come to mind as probably feeling hilariously dumb now

theres a bunch of DC games i'd love to see on steam but realistically never will

skies of arcadia
soul calibur
berserk: guts rage
record of lodoss war
grandia 2
illbleed

Hand__Of__God.png

#3360 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

Stacking and Psychonauts will be Raptr rewards starting on the 25th. Doesn't seem like the full requirements have been listed yet.

http://raptr.com/rew...eam-psychonauts
http://raptr.com/rew...-steam-stacking