Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#4111 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

34 here, first gaming was on TRS-80. "My" (i.e., my parents) first computer was a Commodore 64.

Workin on it

#4112 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

34 here, first gaming was on TRS-80. "My" (i.e., my parents) first computer was a Commodore 64.

Cool, I remember my first console being a Famicom

#4113 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

I loved my C64! :bouncy:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4114 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

I'm 26 and was sure I was one of the oldest (and brawniest) gents here. But the older crowd makes sense if you think about it. When I was a teenager I didn't have alot of fiscal responsibilities so I didn't really devote any time to being a cheapskate.

Hand__Of__God.png

#4115 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

I'm 26 and was sure I was one of the oldest (and brawniest) gents here. But the older crowd makes sense if you think about it. When I was a teenager I didn't have alot of fiscal responsibilities so I didn't really devote any time to being a cheapskate.

I've been a cheapass since I was around 10. :lol: I didn't have an allowance or anything like that, so I've been buying almost all my games and stuff through money I had to earn from jobs and helping neighbors or saving birthday money and stuff for years to buy new systems and PC components. BTW: ~20 here.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#4116 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

Damn kids these days, complaining about load times. Back in the day . . .

I wanted to play a game on the 'home computer' ( TI-994 w/ PEB)and my dad showed me how to do it. Take the cassette tape, put it into the tape player hooked up to the computer, hit play, come back in 30 minutes, flip it over, hit play again, come back in 30 minutes and start playing.

Didn't matter how crappy that game was, you're damn sure I played the hell out of it for a while before quitting. Had that sucker til my brother and I combined our life savings and bought a NES.

#4117 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

Look at it this way, while older gamers might have more disposable income just because you can pay $50-$60 for a new release doesn't mean you should! A lot of people have mentioned it before but waiting for deals is sort of what keeps me on track to actually play most of the games I buy. Right now I probably have enough games on my backlog to last me six months at least (hell there's still stuff I bought nearly two years ago I haven't played) so that counsels against any day one purchases. Only rare instances I do are when it's something like Torchlight 2 or Orcs Must Die 2 where I know it's going to be good and it's so cheap coupled with a preorder discount/bundle I don't really mind not getting at 75% off.

#4118 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:57 AM

31 here. I still remember the Christmas where I asked dad for an NES and I opened the gift under the tree for... an Atari. Good times. Eventually I did get an NES and my first games were Renegade and Golf. With these experiences, it's a wonder I still love gaming.
Posted Image

#4119 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:58 AM

I never got the GI Joe Aircraft carrier I asked for...

#4120 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

RollingSkull, your posts are awesome.

Still, I've always wanted to do this:
Posted Image
PU-SHU-SHU!

I'm not sure why there's a picture of Poshul here, but I approve. :D

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4121 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

I will be joining the 30+ club next year. Sometimes I get these crazy ideas that I am too old to play video games, so it puts me at ease to see so many CAGs around my age.

The average age of gamers was ~33 a few years ago. Unless I missed news about some sort of cull, I can only imagine it's gone up.

#4122 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

I will be joining the 30+ club next year. Sometimes I get these crazy ideas that I am too old to play video games, so it puts me at ease to see so many CAGs around my age.

Pffsh, "too old to play video games". Back in my day... we flipped over 5.25" floppies and liked it. Atari 2600's Joust was gold, as well as that tank game. I feel truly sorry for those who's gaming experience was ruined by "ET" on the 2600. I bet over half of CAGs don't know what "feelies" are, and never figured the right amount of bier to drink to make it off Earth in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ...ungrateful punks!

Look at it this way, while older gamers might have more disposable income just because you can pay $50-$60 for a new release doesn't mean you should!

Spoiler

Not all of us have escaped Scandinavian poverty. Given the choice between Torchlight 2 @ $20 or Borderlands 2 @ $60, before discounts, the choice is obvious.

P.S. Git off ma lawn! (Gosh I wish I could afford one of them there lawns.)

#4123 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:42 AM

For those of you who (like me) purchased Din's Curse and/or Din's Curse: Demon War from Direct2Drive and have since lost it (somewhat) to the abomination called Gamefly, if you email steven@soldak.com asking for a Steam key in exchange for providing the keys you have for the games from Direct2Drive, now Gamefly, you'll be able to snag a Steam key for both (also, like me!). ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#4124 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

New Deal on IndieGameStand, Spacechem... Laaaaaame.

I forsee many recycled deals with this site. =/

#4125 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:09 AM

@Severose. Thanks. But I think I'll stick with my HIB version. ^_~

#4126 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:13 AM

Look at it this way, while older gamers might have more disposable income just because you can pay $50-$60 for a new release doesn't mean you should! A lot of people have mentioned it before but waiting for deals is sort of what keeps me on track to actually play most of the games I buy. Right now I probably have enough games on my backlog to last me six months at least (hell there's still stuff I bought nearly two years ago I haven't played) so that counsels against any day one purchases. Only rare instances I do are when it's something like Torchlight 2 or Orcs Must Die 2 where I know it's going to be good and it's so cheap coupled with a preorder discount/bundle I don't really mind not getting at 75% off.

This!

MARS

#4127 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

For those of you who (like me) purchased Din's Curse and/or Din's Curse: Demon War from Direct2Drive and have since lost it (somewhat) to the abomination called Gamefly, if you email steven@soldak.com asking for a Steam key in exchange for providing the keys you have for the games from Direct2Drive, now Gamefly, you'll be able to snag a Steam key for both (also, like me!). ;)

Ooh, thanks for the heads up. I'll contact them in the morning.

Been compiling a list of what games I own where. I'm generally pretty focused on Steam and Desura and GoG for my digital libraries, but the more I think about it and the more emailed receipts I turn up, the more places it turns out I own games. I wish everything that later came to Steam would grant me a key for ease of bookkeeping.

Also, since I'm posting anyway, 32 here. First gaming experience was the Atari 2600. I still own every system and game I ever bought, most with their boxes. I was that kind of kid...

#4128 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:19 AM

I represent this remark, I was the 4th one to buy it. I've missed out on spacechem since I didn't start following bundles until last December. A lot easier to just buy than trying to win on Steamgifts.
Thanks Severose :lol:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#4129 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

I forsee many recycled deals with this site. =/

Which is awesome for filling in for what you've missed.

#4130 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

Which is awesome for filling in for what you've missed.

exactly.

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#4131 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

I'm all for filling in what you've missed in past bundles, but there isn't any love being shown for those who already own the games. =/

It's cool, would just like to see "new" deals.

#4132 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

I represent this remark, I was the 4th one to buy it. I've missed out on spacechem since I didn't start following bundles until last December. A lot easier to just buy than trying to win on Steamgifts.
Thanks Severose :lol:

Spacechem was in the Humble Android Bundle 3, which was fairly recent and a much better deal than it is on IndieGameStand.

I created a "suggestion" post for anyone wanting "new" deals on their site, although I'm not sure if they have much control over what games are added.

http://indiegamestan...t-been-recycled

If anyone's interested, upvote it ;)

#4133 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:39 AM

Hey Guys, I'm posting a deal I found on SteamGifts:

Empire and Napoleon Total War- Better deal then Steam at GreenManGaming Created by BernardoOne

There is a bundle for 15 bucks at Greenmangaming for a bundle including those two games, GOTY editions, with all dlc. (you cannot buy goty editions directly on steam for now)

If you use this code GMG20-27J4Z-8NXHO , it gets down to $11

Much cheaper than steam, which would be like 30$ with the dlc included, and yes, they are steam keys and you get the TF2 items.

Link

Also be sure to see if you have any of the free games they gave out recently for trade in credit. I had $2 that I applied to get both for less than $10. I also noticed that anyone interested in the current daily deal of Medieval II, The Gold edition that comes with the expansion is the exact same price as the base game, so be sure to get the Gold edition instead.

Medieval II Gold Edition $2.50

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#4134 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

Hey Guys, I'm posting a deal I found on SteamGifts:

Empire and Napoleon Total War- Better deal then Steam at GreenManGaming Created by BernardoOne

There is a bundle for 15 bucks at Greenmangaming for a bundle including those two games, GOTY editions, with all dlc. (you cannot buy goty editions directly on steam for now)

If you use this code GMG20-27J4Z-8NXHO , it gets down to $11

Much cheaper than steam, which would be like 30$ with the dlc included, and yes, they are steam keys and you get the TF2 items.

Link

Also be sure to see if you have any of the free games they gave out recently for trade in credit. I had $2 that I applied to get both for less than $10. I also noticed that anyone interested in the current daily deal of Medieval II, The Gold edition that comes with the expansion is the exact same price as the base game, so be sure to get the Gold edition instead.

Medieval II Gold Edition $2.50

If I had ever played (and enjoyed) any TW game before this I would probably jump on that deal. I picked up Rome Gold, and Medieval 2 Gold, for $3.50.

Price Breakdown:
Spoiler

That said, I am content with Rome and Medieval 2 for now, and probably won't even play those for quite awhile.

Edit:
Also, I assume this applies to everyone, but if you grabbed Undead King from GMG for free, on your keys page you should have a 25% off code (I do, anyway,) which would shave off another buck or so.

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#4135 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:16 AM

I'm all for filling in what you've missed in past bundles, but there isn't any love being shown for those who already own the games. =/

It's cool, would just like to see "new" deals.

A Virus Named Tom would be sweet.

Spacechem was in the Humble Android Bundle 3, which was fairly recent and a much better deal than it is on IndieGameStand.

I created a "suggestion" post for anyone wanting "new" deals on their site, although I'm not sure if they have much control over what games are added.

http://indiegamestan...t-been-recycled

If anyone's interested, upvote it ;)

Upvoted, must've somehow missed the Android bundle but don't have an Android phone so that might be why.

#4136 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

Ugh. Picked up The Amazing Spiderman at full price (I know, lol @ me. I really wanted to play it. SUE ME!) and it's almost unplayable for me on the lowest possible settings. It drops to under 10 FPS at parts.

i5-2500k 3.3Ghz
Radeon HD 6970
16 GB RAM

Not the greatest of specs anymore, but I should be running this game with ease.

#4137 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

Ugh. Picked up The Amazing Spiderman at full price (I know, lol @ me. I really wanted to play it. SUE ME!) and it's almost unplayable for me on the lowest possible settings. It drops to under 10 FPS at parts.

i5-2500k 3.3Ghz
Radeon HD 6970
16 GB RAM

I've heard the game had some issues with AMD GPUs, could be why you're having problems. I don't think it's very optimized.

#4138 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

i5-2500k 3.3Ghz
Radeon HD 6970
16 GB RAM

Is that you? o.O

#4139 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

Just put up Medieval II Gold on SteamGifts if anyone's interested in entering. It'll go live soon...how is the game anyways, those that have played it?
http://www.steamgift...edieval-ii-gold

Edited by MC Kage, 30 September 2012 - 07:19 AM.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#4140 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Does the Medieval base game need to be installed to get the full experience? I mean, can I just install Kingdoms and still play the content of the base game?

I can't seem to find an answer to this...

MARS