Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#4321 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

I don't know if smaller releases count, but I'm looking forward to Retro City Rampage and Mark of the Ninja on Steam :) I also have Project Zomboid alpha so that would be great once greenlit as well!
Posted Image

#4322 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

I've been looking forward to xcom for a while. One week to go before I can take my family and friends into the field and waste some alien scum. Also with Broly on Halo 4, every bit of information makes it sound better and better. The only other new release I'll get this year is AC3. Usually I buy 6-8 new releases each year around this time, but I'm taking it easy this year and working on the backlog.

#4323 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

Does anyone in here have experience with using two monitors on two graphics cards (not through sli/crossfire). I haven't really found a lot of info on whether my framerate would increase by incorporating a weaker card to power my second monitor including whatever I happen to be running on it.

I plugged in an old 7600gt alongside my 460gtx and ran the Lost Planet benchmark test, getting a framerate better than my previous run with just the 460. However, after I removed the 7600gt my frames increased in the benchmark. So now I'm not really sure whether getting a second card would be worth it.

#4324 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

So I already had a GFWL account from playing Fallout 3. The overlay in Dark Souls was so confusing for me for a bit - for some reason (can't recall why), the game made another account for me using my steam name, but refused to login to my real GFWL account.

That's strange - I installed Dark Souls yesterday, and the first time I ran it GFWL popped up and asked me to sign in. I put in my GFWL email address and password. :-#

They must have fixed whatever happened to you to make it automatically make a Live account using a Steam username (a new GFWL problem for the list, certainly!).

#4325 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

AbleGamers got a good exposure article on Ars today.

#4326 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

So I knew nothing about Hell Yeah! at 11:30 AM. About 11:45 I own the game and I fucking can't wait to download it tomorrow. :lol:

I love good 2D platformers and they might just be my favorite genre of game. This looks both amusing and awesome.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4327 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

So what games are you guys looking forward to with the end of the year game release zerg?

The simple answer is that I'm not.

I have so much to play that I've already picked up, and so much to play that I'd like to pick up, that I really am not spending any effort on looking to upcoming titles. When they're out, and well-regarded, and on sale, then I'll grab them.

#4328 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Elder Scrolls collection and Secret world are the midweek madness deals.

#4329 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Today's deal is Universe at War: Earth Assault at 75% off ($5)

Universe at War: Earth Assault is the next sci-fi real-time strategy game from Petroglyph, the award-winning studio comprised of team members that developed the original Command & Conquer and C&C: Red Alert.
Release Date: Dec 12, 2007

#4330 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Midweek Madness

The Secret World $24.99 50% off

Elder Scrolls Collection $59.98 50% off includes below
Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind GOTY $9.99 50% off
Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion GOTY $9.99 50% off
Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim $35.99 40% off
Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim Dawnguard $13.99 30% off

#4331 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

So what games are you guys looking forward to with the end of the year game release zerg?

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Demon Rabbit
Dishonored
Darksiders II (got it for Wii-U)

If Dishonored is truly a Steampunk Deus Ex and is as good and as engaging as Deus Ex, hands down this will be my GOTY.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#4332 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Does anyone in here have experience with using two monitors on two graphics cards (not through sli/crossfire). I haven't really found a lot of info on whether my framerate would increase by incorporating a weaker card to power my second monitor including whatever I happen to be running on it.

I plugged in an old 7600gt alongside my 460gtx and ran the Lost Planet benchmark test, getting a framerate better than my previous run with just the 460. However, after I removed the 7600gt my frames increased in the benchmark. So now I'm not really sure whether getting a second card would be worth it.

I know on some games,.like Batman Arkham city in the options menu, you can get a second weaker card to power JUST physX so the main card handles everything else.

Other than that seems like one screen of graphics would be sorely underpowered.

I read on kotaku that Morrowind just had a complete graphical overhaul od that brings it close modern graphics. Too bad my backlog makes it stupid to get hundreds of hours of more games right now

#4333 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

I know on some games,.like Batman Arkham city in the options menu, you can get a second weaker card to power JUST physX so the main card handles everything else.

Other than that seems like one screen of graphics would be sorely underpowered.

I read on kotaku that Morrowind just had a complete graphical overhaul od that brings it close modern graphics.

That's similar to what I want to do, except having the weaker card power everything but the game, while my main card can give everything to the game.

#4334 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Personally I drive two displays off my GTX260. For gaming I disable the second display from the control panel. (I have laptop-on-the-side for any non-game needs.)

7600gt is too old for PhysX iirc (my previous gaming PC has a 7900gt)

#4335 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Personally I drive two displays off my GTX260. For gaming I disable the second display from the control panel. (I have laptop-on-the-side for any non-game needs.)

7600gt is too old for PhysX iirc (my previous gaming PC has a 7900gt)

I only used the 7600gt as a test to see if it would work for what I want to do. I would be picking up probably a 610gt as I need hdcp. Disabling my second monitor wouldn't work as I like to watch movies or put various messaging/internet on the other monitor while I play games.

PhysX wouldn't be my primary usage or maybe even at all.

#4336 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hmmm, just got Oblivion GOTY on the PS3 for like $5 and these were $5 during the Summer sale so I figure they will hit the price again during the winter.

Waiting for Secret World to go F2P.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4337 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Midweek Madness

The Secret World $24.99 50% off

Elder Scrolls Collection $59.98 50% off includes below
Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind GOTY $9.99 50% off
Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion GOTY $9.99 50% off
Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim $35.99 40% off
Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim Dawnguard $13.99 30% off

I am really tempted to get dawnguard at that price. I've been wanting to play it. It was just hard to justify full price with borderlands 2 and torchlight 2 wanting to be played, but at 30% I am tempted.

Think it will go any lower to wintersale? And if so to what 50%?

Edited by krevee, 02 October 2012 - 05:49 PM.

Posted Image

#4338 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'm awfully tempted to grab the Elder Scrolls bundle. I've only been gaming on Steam for a few months and I've been waiting patiently for a deal. The only disappointing thing is that the bundle seems to include the regular GotY edition of Oblivion, and not the deluxe edition with all of the smaller DLC included. I may just wait for a better winter sale deal, but I'd hate to pass on this and then have there not be a Elder Scrolls deal again this year.

#4339 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Grrr... I successfully fought off buying Secret World this weekend for that price directly from the SW site this weekend (they had a sale). I thought I was safe... I really liked the 3-5 day preview but am sure it's going to go FTP at some point... must.. resist...

#4340 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Time to enter the wayback machine:

Just opened my old Orange Box retail box, and I saw it has two keys in it.

I think I only remember needing to use one? Anyway to test to see if other is good?

Edit, DOH I cann't seem to remember how to see my game key in my games library
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4341 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

I am really tempted to get dawnguard at that price. I've been wanting to play it. It was just hard to justify full price with borderlands 2 and torchlight 2 wanting to be played, but at 30% I am tempted.

Think it will go any lower to wintersale? And if you to what 50%?

Yeah, I'd say 50% off during the next winter sale would be a good bet. I'd wait for that.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#4342 terb73

terb73

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

Think it will go any lower to wintersale? And if so to what 50%?

Dawnguard was kind of a let down for me. I don't find it to be a DLC worth more than 10 dollars. I would wait for the winter sale... Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 are better!

Now selling World of Warcraft codes
Cenarion Hatchling - 5$
Blizzcon Deathy Pet Code - 70$
WotLK and BC Collectors Edition key - 105$ Each
Faction change code - 15$, Race change code - 13$, Name change 5$, Appearance change 8$. PM me for information or if you have questions.

#4343 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

screw it. I bought TSW for 50$ retail box not knowing it woud come to steam. I never used the key cause I wanted it on steam and thought they might let me use the key in steam.

But now for 25$ and a steam copy, I'm getting it. I want to play for the month of October!

#4344 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

A little late to the discussion, but as the majority here I'm also looking forward the most to Dishonored. I'm also intrigued by the new Assassins Creed. I don't want to pre-order because I want to save some money for the next few months and only spend with games on the Holiday sale (and eventual promo). It'll be tough, but I'll be strong (hopefully).

#4345 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Dawnguard was kind of a let down for me. I don't find it to be a DLC worth more than 10 dollars. I would wait for the winter sale... Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 are better!

What didn't you like about it? I just didn't pick it up right away because I had so much else to play, and after I point I figured I would wait for a sale.
Posted Image

#4346 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Looks like Valve is selling software now on the Steam store.

#4347 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Looks like Valve is selling software now on the Steam store.

http://store.steampowered.com/software

#4348 bchampnd

bchampnd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

This Elder Scrolls sale just isn't doing it for me. The Bethesda bundle a few months back was a much better value when it included pretty much all of their games (Elder Scrolls and Fallout) and DLC for $99.

I'm looking to eventually pick up Skyrim for PC (I pumped a ton of hours into it on 360 before I built my gaming PC) but I think I'm going to hold off for the GOTY edition at this point unless there's some absurd deal on it during the Steam holiday sale.

I think I'm also just hesitant to make an impulse buy right now because I'm too busy playing Borderlands 2. That game is making a run at Skyrim for my most played game of the year.

#4349 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

This is just wishful thinking, but is there any chance the Elder Scrolls bundle comes with separate activations? Might make just grabbing Skyrim and the DLC cheaper than alone if they can be traded out of the bundle...

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4350 terb73

terb73

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

What didn't you like about it? I just didn't pick it up right away because I had so much else to play, and after I point I figured I would wait for a sale.

Doesn't bring all that much to the game. It gave me 2 days of play-ability before I had completed all the new content in addition to maxing out my level as a vampire. If you are someone who is looking to make a werewolf or vampire character more interesting, the effect is marginal. If you are just looking for new things to do in Skyrim, I think you will be disappointed with the length of content provided. Worth playing through, but I felt it was closer to a 5 - 10 dollar dlc rather than a 15-20 dollar dlc.

Now selling World of Warcraft codes
Cenarion Hatchling - 5$
Blizzcon Deathy Pet Code - 70$
WotLK and BC Collectors Edition key - 105$ Each
Faction change code - 15$, Race change code - 13$, Name change 5$, Appearance change 8$. PM me for information or if you have questions.