Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#4651 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

Was looking at getting the Warhammer DOWII DLC, the Steam deal right now for Chaos Rising & Retribution, buy or pass? Same with DOW 1 Gold/Platinum, has it been cheaper?

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#4652 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

Was looking at getting the Warhammer DOWII DLC, the Steam deal right now for Chaos Rising & Retribution, buy or pass? Same with DOW 1 Gold/Platinum, has it been cheaper?

http://www.steamprices.com/us

This website is a useful tool in determining what a game's lowest price has been. It's not perfect. I occasionally spot omissions of sale prices I know for a fact occurred. And it only goes back about 2 years (when the site first started running). But more times than not, it'll help you out.

It'll also let you know what the prices are for games in other region. For example, the DOW 1 games are much cheaper in the Eurozone. You could save another 50% off of the US price if you managed to get somebody over there to help you with buying DOW 1 Platinum.

I can't really comment on whether or not these games are actually worth playing (I've never played them).

#4653 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Just beat the Darkness 2 in a tad under 6 hours. Was a good game, got a bit sick of Jenny, but found it fun, only missed a couple of the relics.

#4654 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

I haven't played either of the Batman games but have been looking forward to them. Going to pick them up on the Amazon deal, but wanted to know approximately how long a playthrough of each should be?

#4655 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

Iirc, AA campaign was around 30 hours, AC was similar, maybe a little shorter. That does not include time puzzling out all the collectables, challenge maps, etc. They are both fantastic. Imo, play with a controller. I feel that the hard (not NG+) setting on AC is easier than hard on AA. That is to say that if you complete AA on normal, I'd recommend hard on AC.

Oh yeah, and don't hurt your head too much. There are some collectibles you run across early in AA that you won't be able to get until you get some of your gadgets.

#4656 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Iirc, AA campaign was around 30 hours, AC was similar, maybe a little shorter. That does not include time puzzling out all the collectables, challenge maps, etc. They are both fantastic. Imo, play with a controller. I feel that the hard (not NG+) setting on AC is easier than hard on AA. That is to say that if you complete AA on normal, I'd recommend hard on AC.

Oh yeah, and don't hurt your head too much. There are some collectibles you run across early in AA that you won't be able to get until you get some of your gadgets.

I am going to jump in and say that your play through is going to be on the long end of the spectrum. Now I did maybe one or two challenge maps and got every collectable in the campaign. My total time? 15 hours. I wasn't trying to just speed through it, but I also did not look at the scenery for 15 hours. Maybe my playtime was really short, but unless I played through the campaign multiple times I can't see how I could have gotten anywhere near your playtime.

#4657 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

I am going to jump in and say that your play through is going to be on the long end of the spectrum. Now I did maybe one or two challenge maps and got every collectable in the campaign. My total time? 15 hours. I wasn't trying to just speed through it, but I also did not look at the scenery for 15 hours. Maybe my playtime was really short, but unless I played through the campaign multiple times I can't see how I could have gotten anywhere near your playtime.

No, 15 hours is definitely closer to normal than 30, for AA at least.

#4658 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

http://www.steamprices.com/us

This website is a useful tool in determining what a game's lowest price has been. It's not perfect. I occasionally spot omissions of sale prices I know for a fact occurred. And it only goes back about 2 years (when the site first started running). But more times than not, it'll help you out.

It'll also let you know what the prices are for games in other region. For example, the DOW 1 games are much cheaper in the Eurozone. You could save another 50% off of the US price if you managed to get somebody over there to help you with buying DOW 1 Platinum.

I can't really comment on whether or not these games are actually worth playing (I've never played them).

Thank you sir. That link should help me out.

If anyone wants to split the Batman pack I'm only looking for Arkham Asylum so let me know.

Edited by MC Kage, 07 October 2012 - 03:56 PM.

76561198003417354.png

#4659 ^SANDMAN^

^SANDMAN^

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

If anyone wants to split the Batman pack I'm only looking for Arkham Asylum so let me know.

Pmed.

That looks like a decent deal from amazon. Its nice that they are finally providing steam keys for some of their games.

#4660 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

Bought BeMine 5 at the dollar level. Already have the Oddbox, and Tropico 3 plus graphic novels wasn't enough to make me want to put in the other four bucks. NEO Scavenger looks really interesting; hoping it gets Greenlit.

However, my Steaming for the night is going to consist of Skyrim, which I managed to get Best Buy to price match at $9.99 today. After my TRU didn't have it, I was ready to go back to waiting for the GotY, but then a friend gifted me the Hearthfire DLC. I figured it was worth a shot. Went a lot more smoothly than the last time I had them price match for me, and it wasn't even a clearance item that time...

Color me surprised, anyway.

FYI, with the 25% voucher floating around, Dawnguard comes out to $11 and change at GreenManGaming, in case you want that as well. But congrats. I might try the same today for Diablo 3. I've never really played loot clickfests like that before, so I'm interested, just not $60 interested.

Also, Skyrim on PC is god-tier. A whole 'nother experience. If your rig is beefy, grab some mods and experience it as it was meant to be played. If you're interested, I'll whip together a shortlist of some must-have graphics mods.
Posted Image

#4661 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

I haven't played either of the Batman games but have been looking forward to them. Going to pick them up on the Amazon deal, but wanted to know approximately how long a playthrough of each should be?

Check out: howlongtobeat.com

It should give a decent estimate
76561198025510545.png

#4662 ccm0628

ccm0628

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

I just played through both games recently on Steam. Steam says that I played Arkham Asylum for 22 hours and Arkham City for 30.

Keep in mind that my AA time was 2 playthroughs on normal and hard, finding all the riddler trophies, and doing the challenges. But, that was also my 3rd time playing that game so I already knew where everything was so it was pretty fast.

Arkham City was just 1 playthrough on normal and finding all the trophies and some of the DLC.

#4663 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

I just played through both games recently on Steam. Steam says that I played Arkham Asylum for 22 hours and Arkham City for 30.

Keep in mind that my AA time was 2 playthroughs on normal and hard, finding all the riddler trophies, and doing the challenges. But, that was also my 3rd time playing that game so I already knew where everything was so it was pretty fast.

Arkham City was just 1 playthrough on normal and finding all the trophies and some of the DLC.

I have B:AA at 13 hours, which was my second playthrough and getting all the riddler trophies. Played a little bit of the challenge modes, but mostly that's the campaign.

#4664 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Thanks everyone. Seems like between 15-30 hours per game, which makes the Amazon $10 pack an INCREDIBLE deal. :)

#4665 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Pmed.

That looks like a decent deal from amazon. Its nice that they are finally providing steam keys for some of their games.

They have been providing steam keys for a lot of games. I have bought 6 or so games in the last month from them, all steam

#4666 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

What do you guys think of the Dawn of War II Complete Pack for $14.99? I checked back to Friday and haven't seen anyone post about it yet.

http://store.steampo...d.com/sub/7432/

Also any opinions on the Retribution Complete DLC Bundle for $7.49? I obviously haven't played Dawn of War II so I don't know if the DLC is worth it or not.

http://store.steampo....com/sub/12036/
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#4667 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

You will put plenty of hours into the base campaigns by themselves. I'd play through them first, dabble in the multi options then decide. By the time you do all that you will either be burnt out or ready to purchase it again around the time the Christmas sale hits.

76561198014930049.png

#4668 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

I thought Spec Ops was some of the best shooter action I've had in a while. The controls were messed up and spread about weirdly though and the higher difficulties just became stupid rather than fun but all in all I enjoyed it a lot as a shooter.

The plot was great too.

wait wut lol.

I got Spec Ops through the Desert to Sea bundle, and I hadn't really played much BioShock prior to that so definitely a good deal for me at the time. Most of the games I play are shooters so compared to Gears, Spec Ops was definitely mediocre and simple as far as the gameplay is concerned, and the graphics aren't anything special. But the directing and pacing kept me playing, good character development and the enemy variation/A.I. is challenging at least. Beat the game and half of it on suicide in 6, but also explored all the endings and got 4/5ths of the achievements including the intel and that's about 9-10 hours total; you can get pretty much the most out of it in that time.

I'd say its great for $10 but I wouldn't pay more than $20-25 for it if it were retail. Its pretty captivating but you can grasp the story at the end, not much replay value but its good they focused on the story. It'll leave you wanting more.

Lucky13 - yeah I'm thinking about the DLC too. But I think I should beat the main game first lol, got it in the GMG THQ-Pack. All the extra DLC for Retribution only looks like BS tho.

Edited by MC Kage, 07 October 2012 - 04:03 PM.

76561198003417354.png

#4669 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Anyone want to split a Batman pack with me? I only want Arkham City.

Scratch that. Got a friend to go in with me.

Edited by zillionandnine, 07 October 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#4670 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Daily Deal

Thief Collection $6.74 75% off includes below
Thief Gold $2.49 75% off
Thief 2 The Metal Age $2.49 75% off
Thief Deadly Shadows $2.49 75% off

THQ Daily Deal

Saints Row The Third $13.59 66% off
Saints Row The Third Season pass $6.79 66% off
Saints Row The Third DLC $0.67-$2.37 each 66% off

#4671 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Oh boy I can't wait to answer the same questions about SR3 DLC over and over and over again.

Hint: Season Pass has all three actual content packs but they're all mediocre at best.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#4672 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

You will put plenty of hours into the base campaigns by themselves. I'd play through them first, dabble in the multi options then decide. By the time you do all that you will either be burnt out or ready to purchase it again around the time the Christmas sale hits.

Thanks. I took your advice and just bought the complete pack without any of the Retribution DLC.

Lucky13 - yeah I'm thinking about the DLC too. But I think I should beat the main game first lol, got it in the GMG THQ-Pack. All the extra DLC for Retribution only looks like BS tho.

Yeah there's so much of it that as someone who has never played the game it makes you ask yourself does any of this really add to the game or is it all just crap.
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#4673 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

THQ Daily Deal

Saints Row The Third $13.59 66% off
Saints Row The Third Season pass $6.79 66% off
Saints Row The Third DLC $0.67-$2.37 each 66% off

Saints Row 2 is also 66% off at $5.09, as well... ;)

#4674 Davinatorman

Davinatorman

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

How good is the Thief series? Seven bucks isn't too much to ask for, but I just wanted to get a couple of opinions before picking it up.

#4675 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Good, though a bit dated in some areas. A steal at that price though.

#4676 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Been thinking about the thief games for a while but with Xcom and Dishonored this week I am gonna have to pass.

#4677 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Thief series is a steal at that price.
Thief started the stealth genre and is still the pinnacle of it.

#4678 drock

drock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

The Thief games are classics. Also, there's a new fan-made patch that helps significantly with running Thief 2 on modern hardware: http://www.rockpaper...bility-patches/

#4679 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Thief started the stealth genre and is still the pinnacle of it.

I don't think that I agree with either of those things. Stealth games existed before Thief and several have improved upon stealth gameplay a lot since the last entry was released.

#4680 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

Daily Deal

Thief Collection $6.74 75% off includes below
Thief Gold $2.49 75% off
Thief 2 The Metal Age $2.49 75% off
Thief Deadly Shadows $2.49 75% off

Well, I'm going to grab Thief Gold and complete my collection. After buying the games separate (different sources), I saved a whole 12-cents, haha.

Edited by Jokerkun890, 07 October 2012 - 09:03 PM.

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png