Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#6301 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'm awfully tempted to pick up the Fallout GotY editions, but I have a feeling they'll be cheaper during the winter sale. Hard to hold off, though.

Anyway, I picked up:

Dark Fall: Lost Souls
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP + SoC
Scratches
Limbo
Lone Survivor

#6302 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

Probably in for Hell Yeah! and Tales from Space, considering Condemned. Nice to see a sale on OMD2, but dammit, I'm just not ready for that game yet.
Posted Image

#6303 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Picked up
Prototype
Bloody Good Time
Scratches Director Cut

I would have picked up a few others if the discounts were better, oh well, not like I need to buy more games lol

#6304 Platinumstorm

Platinumstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

I'm wondering if they will have a fall sale next week for games that aren't Halloween related; there's nothing I'm interested in here.

#6305 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

They do give a loyalty discount, but it doesn't stack with the sales prices. The same goes for Zombie Driver HD. Those who previously own the non-HD version already had the opportunity to buy it at 50%, but there's not a bigger discount during the sale for loyalty customers.

I have Dead Island and the GOTY edition shows as $9.99 in my cart.

That's disappointing. I'd have considered it for $5 but $10 it too much for a zombie game when I don't like zombies.

Disappointed at Painkiller: Black being full price but the collection with the paid mods being discounted. http://store.steampo...d.com/app/3200/

I've had Alice: Madness Returns on my list for awhile to pick up but I've wanted to play the first game before grabbing it. However it looks like it'll never come back to digital distribution and the preorder sale on origin was just a tease. Can anyone who has played both say whether it's necessary to play the first?
http://store.steampo....com/app/19680/

#6306 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

503 everywhere. You'd think this was the summer sale...

#6307 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

I always thought Alice Madness Returns included the original game! Looks like that was only on 360 and PS3. How rude!

I'm sure you don't need to play the first. It's a video game, not a movie or a book. Sequels are always designed to be independent. =)

#6308 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

I'm wondering if they will have a fall sale next week for games that aren't Halloween related; there's nothing I'm interested in here.

same here, I already got most the games that interest me. I will still probably pick up Dead Rising 2 though

O6d6OER.jpg

#6309 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

503 everywhere. You'd think this was the summer sale...

What?! The summer sale started? Finally!

#6310 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

That's disappointing. I'd have considered it for $5 but $10 it too much for a zombie game when I don't like zombies.

Disappointed at Painkiller: Black being full price but the collection with the paid mods being discounted. http://store.steampo...d.com/app/3200/

I've had Alice: Madness Returns on my list for awhile to pick up but I've wanted to play the first game before grabbing it. However it looks like it'll never come back to digital distribution and the preorder sale on origin was just a tease. Can anyone who has played both say whether it's necessary to play the first?
http://store.steampo....com/app/19680/

I played an OnLive demo of MR some time ago; from what I can tell, the story is connected but not in any critical way to the events of the first game. The sequel starts with Alice in an asylum after apparently having burned down her parents' house.

I always thought Alice Madness Returns included the original game! Looks like that was only on 360 and PS3. How rude!

I'm sure you don't need to play the first. It's a video game, not a movie or a book. Sequels are always designed to be independent. =)

American Magee's Alice was included with the disc copy of some versions of the console game, as I don't believe it had ever been released on consoles any other way. It was never bundled with the PC version.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#6311 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

And no deal on Resident Evil 5. Man, I knew I should have grabbed that at $10 last month.

#6312 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

why is there no more Fear collection in the steam store?
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#6313 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Nuclear Dawn will get a price drop and be the daily or midweek at 75% off on Nov 9th. It's also getting Team Deathmatch and maybe more.

link

What's with all of the early deal announcements lately?

#6314 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

American Magee's Alice was included with the disc copy of some versions of the console game, as I don't believe it had ever been released on consoles any other way. It was never bundled with the PC version.

They a high res version of the first game if you pre-ordered Madness Returns through Origin. You can unlock all the DLC messing with the config file and it shows an option where you could play the original game (of course nothing happens if you click on it).

#6315 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Felt obligated to grab something so I grabbed the Overlord complete pack for $4.99 cause I never played any of the games in thed series (didnt even realize there was 3 of them). Also considering Alice: MR, but may wait on that one to see if it goes even lower

#6316 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Looks like FEAR 2 and Scratches for me.

Tempted by the Sherlock Holmes games that are 75% off, but I'd rather wait for the full bundle to go on sale again.

#6317 sweeetja713

sweeetja713

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Vampire the Masquerades Bloodlines for me. Been waiting a long time for this one.

#6318 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Tossed Dracula Origin into my cart on a whim, tempted by Scratches as well. Can anyone recommend them to me?

#6319 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

I'm half tempted to pick up a Dead Island 4 pack from GG. Comes out to ~$4.75/ea

76561198014930049.png

#6320 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Vampire the Masquerades Bloodlines for me. Been waiting a long time for this one.

I'm awfully tempted, but I heard really bad stories about the game having major issues running on Windows 7. Can anyone share their Win7 experiences with this game, good or bad?

#6321 sweatysides

sweatysides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

picked up a few games and bought them before i lose power over here in Rhode Island. Sale is until end of month. who knows how long it takes to get power back on when/if i lose it tonight.

#6322 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'm awfully tempted, but I heard really bad stories about the game having major issues running on Windows 7. Can anyone share their Win7 experiences with this game, good or bad?

Runs fine for me. Can't remember if I had to run any fixes but I think I did run a community patch with a bunch of fixes and extra content.

Tempted by OMD2 but there is no two pack on the complete pack which really sours the deal.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#6323 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

I've said it before, but I highly recommend F.E.A.R. for $2.50. It's a great shooter (with a small horror twist), and you get a lot of content for that price.

#6324 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Runs fine for me. Can't remember if I had to run any fixes but I think I did run a community patch with a bunch of fixes and extra content.

Tempted by OMD2 but there is no two pack on the complete pack which really sours the deal.

$10 for the complete pack is still well worth it IMO. I paid around $10 when the game was released and didn't regret it.

#6325 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

$10 for the complete pack is still well worth it IMO. I paid around $10 when the game was released and didn't regret it.

My guess is it will be 75% off by the Holidays. Normally it's not a big deal but usually I have to buy a copy for a friend if I want to play it coop or else we never play or have to wait for an indie bundle.

23480.png

#6326 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

My guess is it will be 75% off by the Holidays. Normally it's not a big deal but usually I have to buy a copy for a friend if I want to play it coop or else we never play or have to wait for an indie bundle.

You'll be waiting a loooooooooooooooooong time for it to be in an indie bundle, but I agree you should probably wait for a 2-pack that includes the DLC, or just wait until its 75% off if you're buying it for a friend. Unlike the first game, the sequel really should be played in co-op, makes the game a lot more fun.

#6327 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'm playing through Alice: MR now and never played the first one. It's not as though there's a hard-to-follow story; you're traveling through a jacked-up version of Wonderland and piecing back memories of what happened the night your family died in a fire.

I have about 12-13 hours in the game and am maybe 50% done. This is because I spend more time exploding into a cloud of blue butterflies than I spend actually playing. Not voluntarily, mind you. I just suck :D

#6328 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

You'll be waiting a loooooooooooooooooong time for it to be in an indie bundle, but I agree you should probably wait for a 2-pack that includes the DLC, or just wait until its 75% off if you're buying it for a friend. Unlike the first game, the sequel really should be played in co-op, makes the game a lot more fun.

You never know on timeline. It was around this time last year we both got the original free from ign prime trials.

23480.png

#6329 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Any thoughts on The Club for $3 as the daily deal?

This games weasel review gave me a pretty good overview of the game mechanics.

#6330 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

This is because I spend more time exploding into a cloud of blue butterflies than I spend actually playing.

Well, as long as you're only doing it in-game. . . .

On a side note, does anybody know whether the Steam version of The Club has GWfL?

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.