Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#6361 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

I've had a hankering for Fallout 3... but it was $4.99 not long ago, so I guess I'll wait.

#6362 Mafoofoo

Mafoofoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

Trying to decide if getting Costume Quest now is a good idea or not...

#6363 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

i would wait....it will be cheaper and has been....if you dont own any of the other double fine games I would buy the bundle when it goes on sale and save even more

#6364 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Got Dracula: Origin. Lots of good adventure game selections on sale, but this one interested me the most.

#6365 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

No Ghostbusters. Sigh.

#6366 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Gamersgate keeps adding Steam games to their sale:

Dungeon Defenders 4 Pack - $11.24
Magicka 4 Pack - $7.50
Bunch of Heroes 4 Pack - $7.50

All before %15 IGN discount if you have it.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6367 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

No Ghostbusters. Sigh.

No longer available on Steam, I'm afraid.

#6368 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

Unless you really want to play it right now, I'd wait. If the deluxe edition is on sale on PSN for $3.75 then you can bet something around that at the very least at some point, especially a game that is on multiple outlets and is featured in bundles.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#6369 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

I wonder why Dark Souls isn't part of the Halloween stuff. Scares me plenty.
sudo mklove

#6370 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

No Ghostbusters. Sigh.

Gamersgate has two GB games on sale for 66% off each. Don't know if you have an account or use them for non steam games.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6371 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thinking about picking up DR2 and Dead Island, any advice on how well they play on PC? I don't have a controller, just standard M&K.

Dead Island was great on the PC, IMHO - I used KB/mouse for that one. If you wanted a game that plays like Borderlands (first-person ARPG), but instead w/ melee focused combat; killing mostly zombies; and upgrading of your weapons...
...the Dead Island is your ticket. Enjoy your trip in Hanoi.

For Dead Rising 2 (original), I just stuck w/ X360 Controller. I did like Dead Rising 2 and the port was a decent one, even though it does require G4WL
I absolutely prefer Dead Island by a MILE over Dead Rising 2.

#6372 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

Did I miss something? I couldve sworn I saw Call of Cthulu in the Halloween sale this morning.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#6373 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Did I miss something? I couldve sworn I saw Call of Cthulu in the Halloween sale this morning.

When I saw it it was marked 0% off.

Did it ever have any real discount?

#6374 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

Any opinions on Haunted House? Is it just a kids game?

#6375 Roguestriker

Roguestriker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

I'm half tempted to pick up a Dead Island 4 pack from GG. Comes out to ~$4.75/ea

If this is the GOTY I'd join.
Posted Image

#6376 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Had a good time with orcs must die 1... debating if i should pick up now or wait for winter sale and hopefully 75% off...

also any thoughts on which Dungeon Defenders DLC i should pick up? I just have the base game... havent played it though...

76561198020429748.png

#6377 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

I saw it marked off at 0% too and then a few minutes later that went away and it's been sitting at it's normal price since. :cry: Would have bought it too.

#6378 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Is there any more Orcs Must Die 2 DLC coming or is the complete pack really the complete pack.

#6379 blehman

blehman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Anythoughts on the Overlord series and The Club? Was thinking of picking up both based on price.

I also think I'm definitely going to bite on Alice this time. I think the game world looks great. I'm a sucker for games with vibrant worlds. I'll be picking up Breath of Death and Cthulu Saves the World because $1 is a price I don't really pass up for any games.

#6380 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

Damn, Dead Space 1 and 2 for $4.99 each? If I didn't already own both on console I'd buy the Fuck outta those.

Really wish there was a demo for Dead Rising 2 as I don't want to buy it and run into issues...

#6381 drock

drock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Unfortunately no. I think it might've been a mixup with Cthulhu Saves the World.

#6382 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Anythoughts on the Overlord series...

You can probably get away with base Overlord for $1.50. The expansion doesn't really add anything great nor does the sequel introduce any new or compelling gameplay mechanics. And I personally think the engine is worse. If you find yourself enthralled with it those games go on sale for 75% or more every major sale (so, you can pick them up in Nov/Dec). Of course you'd end up paying more by not getting the bundle but... again... that's only in the rare instance you find yourself wanting more past the first game.

Is there any more Orcs Must Die 2 DLC coming or is the complete pack really the complete pack.

That's anyone's guess but, imo, if you've waited this long just wait until the Holiday sale and see if it dips to 75% off.

#6383 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Damn, was hoping for a better price on Alan Wake. Might still pick up Home, though.

Still wish DS1&2 had a pack for $7.50.

#6384 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

Any of the Painkiller games any good? Haven't really heard of them before and would probably look over them, but their really cheap on Steam as well as on GamersGate.

#6385 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

Any of the Painkiller games any good? Haven't really heard of them before and would probably look over them, but their really cheap on Steam as well as on GamersGate.

1st Painkiller is awesome

#6386 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

No Ghostbusters. Sigh.

http://store.steampo...d.com/app/9990/

#6387 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

Damn, was hoping for a better price on Alan Wake. Might still pick up Home, though.

Still wish DS1&2 had a pack for $7.50.

If you have a GamersGate account with IGN discount you can get it for $8.50 there.

http://store.steampo...d.com/app/9990/

That's not the GhostBusters game he's referring to. This is the one, except it got pulled from Steam.

As for Overlord, it's kind of like Nintendo's Pikmin with a dash of evil thrown in. I can't say I liked it more than Pikmin, but it's interesting if you're looking for something different.
Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D

#6388 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

That's not the GhostBusters game he's referring to. This is the one, except it got pulled from Steam.

When I saw it on the deals on Steam this afternoon I got excited that it was this one and then I remembered it got pulled : ((

#6389 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

Yeah nothing is really interesting me game+price-wise. Only Dead Rising 2 at $7.50, did anyone bite on that? and Limbo - which I'm assuming will be in an Indie bundle sometime, or at least has been. Basically, is it a good time to get it or should I wait for a bundle.

Would like Fallout, Alan Wake, The WD, or Dead Island, but still not cheap enough for me.

How's Prototype?

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#6390 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

Kinda tempted by Zombie Driver HD. I was hoping it would be on sale (normal version has been delisted from Steam Store) and was playing the demo last night. Having completed the original release, the demo for ZD HD was a bit surreal very similar but not quite as I remember. I was hoping for cheaper, and the demo made me feel that it hasn't been long enough since playing the original.

Felt obligated to grab something so I grabbed the Overlord complete pack for $4.99 cause I never played any of the games in thed series (didnt even realize there was 3 of them). Also considering Alice: MR, but may wait on that one to see if it goes even lower

Anythoughts on the Overlord series and The Club? Was thinking of picking up both based on price.

I really enjoyed Overlord/Raising Hell. You get to control a bunch of minions and cause havoc, "Sheepies!" It has surprisingly good/decent production values (I had low expectations). To be clear Raising Hell is an expansion to overlord that integrates into the base game (kinda like D2:LoD); it fixes some issues and adds some new areas. I haven't gotten far into Overlord 2 yet.