Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#7321 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

Huh, I wonder when this was set up

http://groupees.com/bab4

The standouts IMO are Vitrum and Qasir Al-Wasat: a Night In-Between. I'll be skipping the 1C titles, as they'll be in the Amazon 1C pack which should be released in the next few years!

Kinda funny that Zombies. was recently a deal on IndieGameStand (will cost less in this bundle most likely), and Stellar Impact is the Steam daily deal lol.

#7322 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

I guess that means nobody should buy today's daily...Stellar Impact is included.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#7323 defcomm

defcomm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

It'll probably be $10 again during the autumn sale (if there is one?) or winter sale which aren't too far off.

Alan Wake and American Nightmare were sold for ten dollars together? I missed out on a sale. Bummer.

#7324 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

Interdasting!

#7325 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

Alan Wake and American Nightmare were sold for ten dollars together? I missed out on a sale. Bummer.

Yep, $10 for the franchise pack (which included Alan Wake CE and American Nightmare) during the summer sale. I believe they were also a $10 midweek or weekend deal a few weeks ago too.

#7326 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

Today's daily deal Stellar Impact will be in Groupees Build a Bundle 4

Other games in bab4: Orczz, Vitrum, Men of War, Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood, Fantasy Wars, Qasir Al-Wasat: a Night In-Between, Velvet Assassin, Zombies.

eh... none of these look remotely intredasting.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#7327 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

The standouts IMO are Vitrum and Qasir Al-Wasat: a Night In-Between. I'll be skipping the 1C titles, as they'll be in the Amazon 1C pack which should be released in the next few years!

Kinda funny that Zombies. was recently a deal on IndieGameStand (will cost less in this bundle most likely), and Stellar Impact is the Steam daily deal lol.

Yep, Zombies will be cheaper and it includes all the extras.

Why did I buy it in indiegamestand? :/

#7328 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

eh... none of these look remotely intredasting.

Damn, you're right. On second glance it's very uninterdasting! I might grab two for $1.50, though.

#7329 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

Zombies is the only one that really interests me. I guess I'll pick another random game and give it away to another CAG or something.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#7330 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

I've been using the "HORIPAD EX2 TURBO" Works like a charm!

Thanks. That looks like the solution not just for the platformers I'm having trouble with but for a multitude of games I prefer with a gamepad. Cheers^^

#7331 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

In for Stellar Impact and Zombies.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#7332 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Keep in mind Stellar Impact is multi-player only. I don't even know if there are bots.

#7333 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

Ack, posted this in the Amazon thread by accident.

I'm looking for a 360 controller with a decent D-pad. I'm using a PS3 controller right now and it works fine with DS3 tool in the background, but it sometimes jumbles the face buttons with games in Steam. It's not imperative or anything. I'm just plug'n'play lazy if there's a good option. Thanks in advance.

The Logitech F310/F510/F710 are probably your best bet. They support Xinput (360 interface) natively (no 3rd party drivers), have a DS3 layout and a decent D-pad (though I rarely use the D-pad for much). There is also a button to swap the D-pad and left stick (so you can use the left stick instead of the D-pad, and vice versa). They are a bit bigger and heftier than a DS3 but have comfortable feel and a nice rubberized finish. The F310 lacks rumble. The F510 and F710 have rumble, with a hardware button to toggle strong, medium, weak, or no rumble/vibration. The F710 is wireless.

I've used a DS3 with MotionInJoy quite a bit. I've never encountered button scrambling, though once in a while I've seen a wrong direction when using the sticks at full-tilt, causing momentary disruption. (I assume to be an overflow-wraparound when converting the stick axes to Xinput).

#7334 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Finally got Sleeping Dogs, $16. What's the main DLC to download?

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#7335 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

The only problem I had with MotionInJoy was in Kingdoms of Amalur where the rumble was so faint you couldn't even feel it most of the time. I eventually bought a 360 controller just to have the buttons match what's on-screen, and just to eliminate having to start up motioninjoy every time I wanted to play. The d-pad is absolutely terrible but luckily I haven't been playing any games that require precise d-pad control.

The main and in my opinion only worthwhile DLC for Sleeping Dogs is the Nightmare halloween one. It's pretty cool. If I had to buy another one it'd be the street racer pack, but I wouldn't spend more than $1 max on it. It's just 3 races and a couple of vehicles.

#7336 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

The only problem I had with MotionInJoy was in Kingdoms of Amalur where the rumble was so faint you couldn't even feel it most of the time. I eventually bought a 360 controller just to have the buttons match what's on-screen, and just to eliminate having to start up motioninjoy every time I wanted to play. The d-pad is absolutely terrible but luckily I haven't been playing any games that require precise d-pad control.

The main and in my opinion only worthwhile DLC for Sleeping Dogs is the Nightmare halloween one. It's pretty cool. If I had to buy another one it'd be the street racer pack, but I wouldn't spend more than $1 max on it. It's just 3 races and a couple of vehicles.

Super meat boy is the game that made me learn to love my ps3 controller with motionjoy.

#7337 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

Sine Mora reconfirms I suck at shmups yet still play them

#7338 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

Super meat boy is the game that made me learn to love my ps3 controller with motionjoy.

Oh yeah, that game is hard as hell even with a Dualshock. If I ever wanted to play a game like that I'd definitely switch back to a DS3 temporarily.

#7339 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

My 360 controller crapped out on me a few months ago so I switched to MotionInJoy because I got lots of PS3 controllers lying around and I'm liking it so far. No problems. I like the PS3 controller more than the 360 so I'm actually more comfortable. I just wish there was a way my controller could always be hooked up automatically through bluetooth.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#7340 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

Death Rally is the same dumb minigame it was on Iphone. Play it for the free weekend and you'll realize that you have no need to ever buy this. And normally I'm a Remedy fanboy.

I said this in GMG thread and I'll say it again here. Sine Mora is offensive. The reviews are indefensible. It fumbles so much basic stuff (Hitboxes are almost indiscernable. Patterns are cute at times but boring most of the time. Pacing reminds me of R-Type Final. Randomized power-ups ensure playing for score is worthless and they have such a huge impact on the game that just playing for survival is going to be impacted by random chance as well, flashy graphics prevent clear recognition of patterns and a few dumb z-axis tricks add to uncertainty.) that it is a downright lousy shump, and gets so close to getting so many other things right that the dichotomy makes the game offensive rather than just bad. You have no reason to play this when you have alternatives like Satazius, Gundemonium, Exceed, and Jamestown at your fingertips. (And don't lie, if you're an enthusiast, you've got at least a half dozen Japanese ones squirreled away or a MAME folder you're constantly tinkering with and hoping to build up if you can ever match romsets to MAME version. You have MANY better ones. But even if you are a casual shumper Sine Mora is still at the bottom of the barrel.)

On Xbox your excuse was even flimsier with more, better competition like Guwange and Trouble Witches and that one game with the three cycling weapons whose name I forget. Even Ikaruga, which I spit on often, is a game I can still recommend. Sine Mora should never be played by anyone who is an actual shump enthusiast.

RE: Sleeping Dogs DLC, it's all mostly cosmetic game-advancement. The only DLC you might want to look at is the zombies one, the retro triad costumes, and the racing one, and even then they will go on sale later. There's more you'll probably like coming soon, but they will be small isolated mission packs a la the racing missions at best. Fortunately the game is fully featured and excellent as is.

I guess that means nobody should buy today's daily...Stellar Impact is included.

Don't think that was in danger of happening anyway.

Edited by RollingSkull, 11 November 2012 - 09:00 AM.

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#7341 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

RE: Sleeping Dogs DLC, it's all mostly cosmetic game-advancement. The only DLC you might want to look at is the zombies one, the retro triad costumes, and the racing one, and even then they will go on sale later. There's more you'll probably like coming soon, but they will be small isolated mission packs a la the racing missions at best. Fortunately the game is fully featured and excellent as is.

They're all 50% off on GamersGate atm.

#7342 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Is there a not so secret way of winning at Autumn Seal? As with the Summer Seal, I never seem to win anything.

#7343 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Is there a not so secret way of winning at Autumn Seal? As with the Summer Seal, I never seem to win anything.

All I can say is keep trying.

Are you in it for the sport of it? Because if you don't actually care if you win it yourself, I've got codes for several of the coupons.

Edited by The End, 11 November 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#7344 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

Re: BAB 4

If you like hex based strategy games, Fantasy Wars is pretty fun and worth picking up. There's nothing particularly ground-breaking, but it's like a better looking Fantasy General.

Workin on it

#7345 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

All I can say is keep trying.

Are you in it for the sport of it? Because if you don't actually care if you win it yourself, I've got codes for several of the coupons.

Was after the 75% off Trine 2 Goblin DLC. Got you on Steam anyway :)

#7346 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Oh really? So it's not just the Sewers that I have an extra of, eh? Interesting.

I hadn't bothered to try and redeem the Anarchy code just yet because I usually like try a base game without the DLC first (whenever this is an option, that is) so I have a sense of what has been add with the DLC.

Yeah, my copy of RAGE Anarchy Edition activated both DLCs with the game code and the two add-in DLC codes were extra copies of that. Happened the same way to me.

There are probably a lot of RAGE buying CAGs who didn't get the AE and would like those extra codes

This reminded me that I hadn't activated my copy of Rage Anarchy Edition yet. I input the game's code (which like yours only had 14 digits but worked anyway) and then entered the Anarchy Edition code from the insert, but Steam tells me I already have the product(s) associated with the code. Now I'm confused. As far as DLC, it showed (and still shows) from the initial code that I have the Authority Pack and Sewers.

Authority Pack IS the Anarchy Edition DLC, right? Did I get the whole shebang from the initial code and now have an extra Anarchy Edition upgrade from the insert? Or am I in fact missing something?

Authority Pack DLC and Sewers DLC = the extra content for the Anarchy Edition.

Just so you guys know, according to the Retail CD Keys page on steam support, the Rage retail CD Keys need to be in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7 to work. That's three separate groups of 5 characters (5-5-5). However, the key that I got was missing one digit in the last group (5-5-4). After a few moments of fretting that the key wouldn't work, I decided that I should at least try the darn thing just to make sure. The key worked fine. So if the key that you get appears to be missing a digit, try it anyway.

I should also point out that when I redeemed the key, I got the Base Game, the Authority Pack DLC & the Sewers DLC. If you did receive the Anarchy Edition, you need to redeem the key that comes on slip of paper inclosed to get the Anarchy Edition DLC. I'm not sure if it works the same on non-Anachy Edition copies, but I also had a key for the Sewers DLC on the other side of the insert that has the Anarchy Edition DLC. But since I already get the Sewers DLC just from redeeming the main key, I didn't need to use that key. So it looks like I got an extra copy of the Sewers DLC.

EDIT: MysterD informs me on the next page that all of the content of the Anarchy Edition are received when you redeem the base game key. This leaves you with extra copies of the Authority & Sewers DLC.

OK, Thanks to all in this thread. Mine shipped from New Jersey, and had Anarchy Edition printed right on the front cover. On the inside was the main code (the one I redeemed on Steam,was a sticker on the inside of the dvd box) and it was missing the last digit, but validated just fine. It came with a double sided insert with DLC codes on each side. One side for the Anarchy Edition Pack, the other side for the Sewers DLC. I DID NOT need to redeem either code. I've only used the main code found on the inside of the case, and Steam shows that I have both DLC's as separate entries in the "View Downloadable Content" tab. They are listed there as "Authority Pack DLC" and "Sewers DLC".

I would be more than happy to send my unused codes to an unlucky CAG that got the regular edition instead of the Anarchy Edition, but because of the recent BS with CAG's trying to make a profit off others generosity, I'll need a scan/photo of your NewEgg receipt (blur out any sensitive info) as proof that you bought the game. More than glad to help, but I'm tired of trying to help out people just to see them trying to sell it somewhere. Thanks to all in the thread again.

and NewEgg still has it in stock for $5:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16832130250

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#7347 Big McLargeHuge

Big McLargeHuge

CAG in Training

• Validating

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

I won 14 times... :lol:

#7348 otangz

otangz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Almost Human: -50% Legend of Grimrock Steam discount coupon

Key: YK7YE-3PRIL-XJFEX

#7349 m0ds

m0ds

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

It's the last 24 hours of the Summerbatch sale (Barely Floating, Jailbreak, Nancy The Happy Whore, Patchwork, PISS) for pay your own price (50p minimum)...

There are free codes up for grabs via the AdventureX Live Stream from 15:00-15:30 GMT today (Sun 11th) and again tonight at 00:30-01:00 GMT at which point the sale of volume 1 is officially over.

Thanks to everyone who supported Summerbatch from the Cheap Ass Gamer network :)

#7350 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

My 360 controller crapped out on me a few months ago so I switched to MotionInJoy because I got lots of PS3 controllers lying around and I'm liking it so far. No problems. I like the PS3 controller more than the 360 so I'm actually more comfortable. I just wish there was a way my controller could always be hooked up automatically through bluetooth.

I don't know much about it, but I think you can get a blue tooth adapter for your computer. That is if you are using USB cable to play. I think one if the updates where the programs developer got a certificate to mademade it possible or something.