Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#7351 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

I use ps3 through usb cord on my pc... I haven't used it through bluetooth. In motion joys driver there are instructions on how to sync via blutooth. I have tried it but it dod not like my adapter. They recommend a specific bluetooth adapter in the instructions I mentioned. I would shop for that one.
Posted Image

#7352 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

It's the last 24 hours of the Summerbatch sale (Barely Floating, Jailbreak, Nancy The Happy Whore, Patchwork, PISS) for pay your own price (50p minimum)...

There are free codes up for grabs via the AdventureX Live Stream from 15:00-15:30 GMT today (Sun 11th) and again tonight at 00:30-01:00 GMT at which point the sale of volume 1 is officially over.

Thanks to everyone who supported Summerbatch from the Cheap Ass Gamer network :)

Any projection as to how long before we see volume 2?

Also, thanks for reminding me I have these. Need to move them to a more visible spot...

#7353 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Thanks to everyone who supported Summerbatch from the Cheap Ass Gamer network :)

You're welcome.

I do hope to play some of these.

#7354 m0ds

m0ds

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

I guess it's never too early to start rounding up/harassing developers for a Volume 2 ;) Good idea!

Leftovers of the last live stream, 4 free copies can be sought using the discount code YESPLEASE123 at the Summerbatch page (go to cart, enter code, press update cart and then checkout!) - when they is gone they is gone :)

Edited by m0ds, 11 November 2012 - 04:43 PM.
Gone

#7355 aa.jetta

aa.jetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

I guess it's never too early to start rounding up/harassing developers for a Volume 2 ;) Good idea!

Leftovers of the last live stream, 4 free copies can be sought using the discount code YESPLEASE123 at the Summerbatch page (go to cart, enter code, press update cart and then checkout!) - when they is gone they is gone :)

Grabbed one, downloading now. Thanks!

#7356 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'm sure that this has come up, but I'm quite thrilled about Velvet Assassin being in the next Groupee's bundle. I didn't grab the game when it was less than $2 as a Steam Daily Deal, and this is an excellent opportunity to remedy my mistake.

Strangely enough, the other deal I regret not jumping at was Insecticide: Part 1 of Only 1 when it was about $1.24. One day, that shall be remedied, as well.

#7357 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

It's the last 24 hours of the Summerbatch sale (Barely Floating, Jailbreak, Nancy The Happy Whore, Patchwork, PISS) for pay your own price (50p minimum)...

There are free codes up for grabs via the AdventureX Live Stream from 15:00-15:30 GMT today (Sun 11th) and again tonight at 00:30-01:00 GMT at which point the sale of volume 1 is officially over.

I had actually created a separate thread for this:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=327266

Hope it drove some CAG traffic to it.

I'd also like to know if/when we can expect volume 2 ("Winterbatch"?)
I've already finished all the adventure games in volume 1.

#7358 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Re: Sleeping Dogs. Yes, the DLC is on Gamersgate at 50% off. Probably will go cheaper at some point but Squeenix is still within the DLC release cycle of it so you won't see it end THAT fast.

Forgot that the SWAT pack is out and that has a lot of random cop missions too.

I'm sure that this has come up, but I'm quite thrilled about Velvet Assassin being in the next Groupee's bundle. I didn't grab the game when it was less than $2 as a Steam Daily Deal, and this is an excellent opportunity to remedy my mistake.

Strangely enough, the other deal I regret not jumping at was Insecticide: Part 1 of Only 1 when it was about $1.24. One day, that shall be remedied, as well.

In my experience passing on VA was not a mistake but YMMV
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#7359 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Decided to get over my prejudice against non-steam things and pick up the Summer Batch bundle. Some of those point-and-clicks sound pretty cool. PISS in particular.

#7360 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Is the Autumnseal.com site broken for anyone else? It's been giving me an error for the past hour.

#7361 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Is the Autumnseal.com site broken for anyone else? It's been giving me an error for the past hour.

Works fine for me. It loads, at least.

Getting codes on the other hand... I got matching Frozenbyte symbols but didn't get any code at all. Hmph.

#7362 Shagrath

Shagrath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

I've got codes for:

Legend of Grimrock
Trine Complete
Alan Wake: American Nightmare
Rochard

PM if you'd like any.

#7363 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Prototype 2. Worth the $9.99 or no?

I own the first game. Of course since this is the Steam thread you know I have not played it yet :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7364 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

I'm looking for a 360 controller with a decent D-pad. I'm using a PS3 controller right now and it works fine with DS3 tool in the background, but it sometimes jumbles the face buttons with games in Steam. It's not imperative or anything. I'm just plug'n'play lazy if there's a good option. Thanks in advance.

My 360 controller crapped out on me a few months ago so I switched to MotionInJoy because I got lots of PS3 controllers lying around and I'm liking it so far. No problems. I like the PS3 controller more than the 360 so I'm actually more comfortable. I just wish there was a way my controller could always be hooked up automatically through bluetooth.

I don't know much about it, but I think you can get a blue tooth adapter for your computer. That is if you are using USB cable to play. I think one if the updates where the programs developer got a certificate to mademade it possible or something.

I use ps3 through usb cord on my pc... I haven't used it through bluetooth. In motion joys driver there are instructions on how to sync via blutooth. I have tried it but it dod not like my adapter. They recommend a specific bluetooth adapter in the instructions I mentioned. I would shop for that one.

I use my DS3 over bluetooth with MotionInJoy all the time. I paid $2.00 (shipped) for my bluetooth adapter on Amazon, seller: Importer520. It was one of the non-official recommended ones on the MotionInJoy site. The way MotionInJoy uses the bluetooth adapter, you want to have an adapter dedicated to MotionInJoy if you use other bluetooth stuff simultaneously. I do have to launch MotionInJoy, click through a UAC, hit the center button on the DS3, and click Xinput and enable in MotionInJoy before I start playing. (It's rather trivial.) If I take a break I just need to hit the DS3 center button again to re-activate the bluetooth connection and everything is good.

Death Rally is the same dumb minigame it was on Iphone. Play it for the free weekend and you'll realize that you have no need to ever buy this. And normally I'm a Remedy fanboy.

I said this in GMG thread and I'll say it again here. Sine Mora is offensive.

Spoiler

Thanks for that!

Decided to get over my prejudice against non-steam things and pick up the Summer Batch bundle. Some of those point-and-clicks sound pretty cool. PISS in particular.

Don't lie. You got it for Nancy the Happy Whore, didn't you? ^_~ Oh and make sure you download it ASAP (~230MB), you only have 30 days and 5 downloads iirc.

#7365 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Don't lie. You got it for Nancy the Happy Whore, didn't you? ^_~ Oh and make sure you download it ASAP (~230MB), you only have 30 days and 5 downloads iirc.

I will indeed be playing Nancy the Happy Whore. But the drunk in me draws me toward PISS first.

#7366 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Today's daily deal is 4 Elements, 80% off at $1.99. Matching puzzle game.

#7367 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Prototype 2. Worth the $9.99 or no?

I own the first game. Of course since this is the Steam thread you know I have not played it yet :lol:.

I don't own either one so I'm trying to determine if it's worth both games and DLC for 9.99?

How do the games perform on PC? I heard about optimization issues with 2 is that still true?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7368 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

I don't own either one so I'm trying to determine if it's worth both games and DLC for 9.99?

How do the games perform on PC? I heard about optimization issues with 2 is that still true?

To quote myself...

Just played for a little over an hour w/ Prototype 2, according to Steam and Raptr.

I'm running Prototype 2 here on my PC:
i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit.

My performance is always above 30 FPS (that is good!) and maxes out at 60 FPS (great!), but it's all over the place b/t there (ugh!) - you can notice slight slow-downs and stutters when the framerate drops majorly...b/c so much is happening on-screen here & b/c this game is a huge seamless world. It's not crawling when it stutters (b/c you're not hitting below 25 FPS or in single digits), but you do notice it.

Honestly, games should have a built-in feature to lock it down at 30 FPS or a max 60 FPS cap - just in case gamers don't want the framerate jumping all over the place.

Yes, I'm using my X360 gamepad when playing this. If you like Prototype 1 - chances are, you're going to like Prototype 2: it feels like it's more of the same, basically.

And now, back to the game...

EDIT:
To quote myself again...

Radical Entertainment is known for not-so-hot PC ports.

See Scarface: The World is Yours PC (performance issues and cannot remap your KB/mouse controls);
and both Prototype 1 & 2 PC ports (poor KB/mouse controls; performance & technical issues).

EDIT 2:
You haven't played any of the Prototype games, so here's, in short, my thoughts of them. They're A LOT of fun. If you like open-world games, you'll like these games. If you want lots of destruction on-screen - you'll like this. If you always wanted to be a bad-ass character w/ superhero type of power, you'll like this - you can grow claws; shapeshift into any character you consume; pick-up cars and toss them; jump-kick helicopters; run up buildings; throw people from the top of the building and then go find them and chase them down; etc etc. The story is P1 was alright, but it seems (at least, so far) it's better done and put together in P2 b/c it's definitely building right off the original. With Radnet DLC, it seems to stat-track everything you do and you can compare & compete w/ your friends, if they have P2 + RadNet. There's seem to be more collectibles and on-going stuff going on w/ P2, as well.

Edited by MysterD, 11 November 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#7369 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

NY2AZ-VQRIH-PHC83

75% off Rochard

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#7370 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

50% off Alan Wake: CE
AJVY7-9XLHQ-VFDRV

#7371 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

50% off Alan Wake: CE
AJVY7-9XLHQ-VFDRV

Thanks!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7372 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

I thinl I will buy Summerbatch just so I can say I played a game with "The Happy Whore" in the name

#7373 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

75% off Rochard YGMRC-5G7HY-FK69Z
75% off Rochard 3NPLT-GM0YK-EC4MI
50% off Legend of Grimrock 84FVL-WIJNN-KP9M8
50% off Alan Wake CE Y5KNV-CV2BB-WRWTD
50% off Trine 2 Goblin Menace F637L-8DHGN-GT3FH

By the time I fnally got a Trine coupon they had changed it from 75% to 50%. Ah well.

Any thoughts on today's deal, 4 elements?
76561197996844513.png

#7374 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

By the time I fnally got a Trine coupon they had changed it from 75% to 50%. Ah well.

Used Trine DLC thanks!

#7375 drakesvg

drakesvg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

I grabbed the Alan Wake CE Thank You!
Posted Image

#7376 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

Frozenbyte: -75% Trine Complete Collection
MWNJR-AF3VJ-4T3WV

Thanks for the responses on Sleeping Dogs DLC RollingSkull

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#7377 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Personally, I saw quite a bit of merit in the original Prototype, though there are were some design decisions that weren't so great towards the end of the game. (Not to mention a less-than-likeable cast of characters.) Nevertheless, it was entertaining, and some elements, arguably, rival inFAMOUS. However, in the end, it had some pretty glaring flaws, and, sadly, I didn't get word that Prototype 2 attempted to improve and refine what the original established. Thus, I ended up passing on the sequel.

If any CAG has more detail about Prototype 2, I'd be interested to hear how the sequel truly compares to the original.

#7378 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

I decided to grab Prototype 2. It was $10.

I think I am gonna start Walking Dead now. I just finished the first compendium and oh boy I wanna play this now (waiting to see on a BF deal for the 2nd compendium somewhere). Plus EP5 will drop soon enough. Although I must say, after watching one episode of the TV series, yeah I am not bothering with that.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7379 jw430

jw430

Some say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

Rochard Steam discount coupon
ZC7BL-ELPLQ-GDTLT
9A35A-6T2DA-FXJV7
ANC60-CCDW8-NPTDR
NJIJF-0AKWN-V47P6

Alan Wake Collector's Edition Steam discount coupon
367KJ-ZY0FN-VW3TY

Edited by jw430, 12 November 2012 - 08:15 AM.

#7380 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Rochard Steam discount coupon
ZC7BL-ELPLQ-GDTLT
9A35A-6T2DA-FXJV7
ANC60-CCDW8-NPTDR
NJIJF-0AKWN-V47P6

Alan Wake Collector's Edition Steam discount coupon
367KJ-ZY0FN-VW3TY

thanks I took