Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#8341 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Thanks. Picked up a Torchlight 2 4 pack. Cheap!

#8342 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I'm tempted on KOTOR 2, but what I really want is to pick up as many Lucas Arts Games as possible in case Disney decides to yank them from the store. So I think I'm gonna wait and see if there is a complete Star Wars pack that shows up either later on in this sale, or in the coming Holiday sale. At the moment, the only Lucas Arts published game that I own is KOTOR 1.

http://store.steampo...1_7_7_151_150_1

#8343 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

I'm not going to be able to watch the sale to much (i expect to miss flash sales), so can anyone suggest buy points for these games:

FTL
Recettear
Awesomenauts
(maybe) Walking Dead

Awesomenauts is half off. If you will play it now buy (it hasnt been lower)

#8344 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

http://store.steampo...1_7_7_151_150_1

Yeah thanks. I just spotted that myself. According to steam prices, it's never been cheaper than it's current price. Which means that I might as well pick it up now. Or on the last day of the sale (just in case).

I also noticed that KOTOR 2 isn't included in the bundle. So I'd better pick that up right now.

#8345 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

For BGCQ members

#8346 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Yeah thanks. I just spotted that myself. According to steam prices, it's never been cheaper than it's current price. Which means that I might as well pick it up now. Or on the last day of the sale (just in case).

I also noticed that KOTOR 2 isn't included in the bundle. So I'd better pick that up right now.

Personally, I got all the Star Wars games I needed from the Jedi Knight pack (was $5 last year), and KOTOR 1 & 2 for 75% off.

#8347 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Recently released Cargo Commander is down to $2.50. Looks like a bundle type of game, but I'm a sucker for procedurially generated content and picked it up.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#8348 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

PNRNL-00E8N-H3L0J

prototype 1

from me 2 u

Hand__Of__God.png

#8349 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Does the mod include controller support? this game was on consoles and wondering if on pc it is updated. Many of these older games I pass on because of no dev support since their so old.

no not that i can tell, it plays fine just with mouse and keyboard.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#8350 GreatDoink

GreatDoink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Picking up the 2nd expansion to Dungeons of Dredmor since that game is all kinds of fucking awesome. Highly recommended to anyone.

Waiting on Walking Dead and XCOM, mainly because they would be thrown in the backlog and I wouldn't get to them until they're much cheaper (see: any other Telltale game I purchased ever).

Let the Steam slowdown begin!

sig.gif 

#8351 krushnine

krushnine

snausages.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Picked up KOTOR2 and the latest Dredmor DLC. Cargo Commander is really tempting, but I'll wait for it in the inevitable bundle.

#8352 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Taken by someone else. Thanks for offering though

PNRNL-00E8N-H3L0J

prototype 1

from me 2 u

#8353 menewbe

menewbe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

grabbed kotor2 to keep my kotor 1 some company in the backlog

#8354 threlish

threlish

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Should I bite on Xcom? I have a ton of games to play still but I wondering I should wait for this to perhaps be a Flash deal or wait for the winter sale. Plus my computer blows the rec requirements out of the water but the demo runs as choppy as hell which concerns me a bit.

#8355 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Jumped on Silverfall: Complete, as I believe this is the first time in over a year that I've been watching it that it's actually gone on sale.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/879

Easily worth that.

#8356 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'm surprised at how large of an install Silverfall is 22gigs wow

#8357 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Look at the Mac version. It activates for both, so don't worry about that.

The Mac version of Gods & Kings activates and works on the PC Steam client as well, huh? That's nice to know cuz I was kinda pissed that it's on sale for 75% and the PC version is on sale for only 50% off. Can anybody verify that for certain, just wanna make sure before I buy it? Thanks.

#8358 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

The game is very very hard, you have to think a lot, you can lose the game by just seeing the menu, and it's wierd too. But I loved it, couldn't win it through, but I enjoyed every bit of it. The visuals are beautiful, the dialogs are terrific and overall, it's a work of art just to see all the characters, places and how well it's all written.

Thanks, you've convinced me. Apparently, it's by the same Russian developer who did Pathologic - another rather unique adventure game, but I'm not sure if that one still holds up.

#8359 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

The Mac version of Gods & Kings activates and works on the PC Steam client as well, huh? That's nice to know cuz I was kinda pissed that it's on sale for 75% and the PC version is on sale for only 50% off. Can anybody verify that for certain, just wanna make sure before I buy it? Thanks.

Yep I bought the mac version of Gods and Kings yesterday and activated the code on my PC steam client last night. It registered as "Mac" version, but it still activated for PC (since it's steamworks) and Steam went ahead and downloaded the DLC for Civ 5.
Posted Image

#8360 lav

lav

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Bought it, activated it and see it in the DLC part of my account without the (Mac) tag (even though that's what it said when it was activated).

Not at home to download and install, so that's as much verification as I can give you at this point.

#8361 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Caved and bought KOTOR 1+2. Not that I have any time to invest in them...

:applause:

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#8362 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Thanks, you've convinced me. Apparently, it's by the same Russian developer who did Pathologic - another rather unique adventure game, but I'm not sure if that one still holds up.

It's still brilliant (in the emphatic American sense, not the devalued British sense), but between the weird material and the weirder translation, it can be a tough game to get through. The Void is just as brilliant and translated much better (and also less reliant on dialogue).

#8363 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

The same thing happens when you buy Civ on Steam. You get a Mac and PC version in your library.

#8364 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

Since there seem to be several new folks around, let me again remind everyone to read the guide in my signature. Above all, remember that being patient gets you lower prices down the road.

Unless I have Sigs disabled, there's nothing in your signature.

Rule of thumb is to purchase only/mainly during Flash Sales, if I'm correct?

Huh. I guess it doesn't post the sig if I post from my phone. Well that's silly. At any rate, here it is now (I hope)

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#8365 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

The translation is good overall, I read about that problema in Pathologic but The Void it's good in that aspect of the game, don't worry, if you enjoy that kind of visually stunning/almost-poetic-story games you'll like it
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#8366 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Huh. I guess it doesn't post the sig if I post from my phone. Well that's silly. At any rate, here it is now (I hope)

No, for some reason sigs weren't showing up for anybody earlier today. Sigs usually don't show up the second time a person posts on a given page of a thread, but for some reason, they weren't showing up on the first either.

#8367 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

I'm surprised at how large of an install Silverfall is 22gigs wow

Question: Does it have TAGES (or any other third party DRM aside from Steam)? Read that it might but doesn't seem to show up on the store page.

#8368 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Bought:
-KOTOR I & II (hell yuh)
-Hearthfire DLC $3 (waiting to use GameTap $5 credit for something else)
-Witcher 1 Enhanced $2.49, couldn't pass up even tho I have 0 interest in said game. only heard good thangs
-Dead Island GOTY via Amazon

thinking about Darksiders $5

also how is Sanctum?

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#8369 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

KOTOR 2 is a flash sale at 75% off. SO BOUGHT.

Same here :bouncy:

WOOOOOOOOOO!!! KOTOR 2 for $2.50!!!!!

Hell yea!!! :hot:

http://store.steampo...d.com/app/22200

Zeno Clash 90%off

Just get it, awesome, awesome game :D

Agreed! It was short game but very fun!

There's already a Season 2 for TWE planned! Can't wait for it!

The Walking Ed? :-s
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8370 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

I kept looking at Silverfall, but then it dawned on me that I had actually picked it up a while back on GamersGate and still haven't touched it. Go me!

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info