Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#8461 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Come up with a game where you plant flowers and have to care for them until they bloom and drop out puppies that poop more flower seeds and these guys will be lining up to buy it.

Oooh, what game is this?

More importantly, is it on sale?

#8462 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

Top 10 contender for most obvious troll post of the year in this thread.

Everyone who you disagree with is a troll? I happen to agree with DarkPGR. Every new time another steam sale happens, I am less and less impressed. This comes, of course, because I've been through like 10 of them and already have most of the games I have ever wanted. And Steam simply can't compete anymore with the massive discounts GMG has because of their coupons. $13 Sleeping Dogs, for example.

His second point is also completely valid. GMG and Gamersgate support teams are MUCH, MUCH better than that of Steam. I don't know if you've ever tried contacting Steam support, but if you do, be prepared to wait weeks to receive some automated response. GMG, on the other hand, usually responds within a day or two and offers credit if they've taken too long for the trouble.

#8463 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

...Did we really just get three five day flash sales? Three lousy five day flash sales?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8464 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

another lame sale on steam... GamersGate and GMG have really been doing pretty well. That, with the added benefit of not being valve (so they have some actual good customer service)

A fair and balanced assessment of the whole sale on it's first day. Tune in tomorrow; we'll be poo pooing the Steam Winter Sale before it even happens! ...though I also feel that GMG & GG have had good game the last few months.

I think it's slightly different in this case. Oath in Felghana was the same price during the entire summer sale and never went lower, Jade Empire dropped in price right after the summer sale ended.

Ys Origin only had 1 flash sale and afterward it stayed at $11.99 throughout the summer sale.

Neither games had daily deals, so if anyone is interested in them I would suggest checking flash deals just in case.

All this Ys yammering and no one remembers that one of them was in a Steam Daily $10 "Indie Bundle" with Gemini Rue and 3 fillters?

#8465 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

I emailed Steam support once telling them Amazon was going to have a great upcoming sale and stating they should consider running a similar sale or risk losing money. I got a response like 2 weeks after the sale with a generic "we do not price match, please continue to watch the site for upcoming sales."

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#8466 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

All this Ys yammering and no one remembers that one of them was in a Steam Daily $10 "Indie Bundle" with Gemini Rue and 3 fillters?

I remember it, but I like to pretend that bundle never existed.. cuz I had every other game in it aside from Ys at the time lol. It was a crappy bundle overall for people that collect indie bundles. I ended up buying Ys seperately.

#8467 Darkhate

Darkhate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

I know its not $0.16 but for the people that would like to get it.

Two Worlds II: Velvet Edition $7.49

Two Worlds Collection $12.49

#8468 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

New flash deals, expire in 12 hours:
Dear ester 75%, $2.49
Two Worlds: velvet ed. 75%, $7.49 (dlc by itself is also 75% off if you have the base game already)
Dungeon Defenders 75%, $3.74 (and apparently 4 pieces of free DLC, not sure if this is new or old, two halloween packs, thanksgiving pack, and anniversary pack; rest of dlc is 75% off)

Man I wished they changed the color of the DLC text or something when you own it, it's a pain to check which DLC you already own for a game with a LOT OF fuckING DLC.

Edited by guardian_owl, 22 November 2012 - 04:20 AM.

Guardian_owl.png

#8469 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

Wow new flash deals are meh.

Also anyone have any opinions on The Cursed Crusade?

#8470 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

ERMAGERD, Steam is the devil!

#8471 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Didn't even realize there was a sale, logged on, saw KoToR 2 on flash sale for $2.50. If that's the only game I buy this sale, I'll be perfectly satisfied. Seriously lucked out finding that; that's been like my most wanted game for awhile now.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8472 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

Fallout 3: GOTY is a hidden flash sale at $5 (75% off): http://store.steampo....com/app/22370/
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#8473 karaethon

karaethon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

I'd like to see sales on:
Deathspank series
FTL

Anyone know if these have ever been on sale before?

#8474 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

WARNING: Two Worlds II has some really restrictive 3-limit activation. Buy, don't buy, just be aware.

Man I wished they changed the color of the DLC text or something when you own it, it's a pain to check which DLC you already own for a game with a LOT OF fuckING DLC.

This! You can simply hit add all to cart and then look at the "you own this noob" labeling in the cart, then tediously expel everything you don't want from the cart.

#8475 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

just picked up legends of grimrock with my 50% coupon!!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#8476 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

I'd like to see sales on:
Deathspank series
FTL

Anyone know if these have ever been on sale before?

The two EA published Deathspank games have never been below 50% off (what they currently are now). It's hilarious because they aren't even sold on Origin. Two years after release I have no idea why they can't drop to $3.75 each when stuff like Dead Space 1 and 2 sell for $5.

#8477 zaishade

zaishade

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Got Witcher: Enhanced for $2.50, not sure what else to get. I wish Steam had a better UI; I've been going through pages and pages trying to find something.

#8478 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

If you've compiled a wishlist on Steam, I'd check that. Nearly my entire wishlist is currently on sale. Just waiting to see if certain things become daily deals or flash sales.

I enjoy checking my wishlist to consistently see Resident Evil 5 holding steady at full price.:roll:

#8479 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

Anyone else having trouble opening their steam client?

just picked up legends of grimrock with my 50% coupon!!

Thanks! I forgot that I had that coupon lying around.
Posted Image

#8480 bantheradio

bantheradio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Wow new flash deals are meh.

Also anyone have any opinions on The Cursed Crusade?

I'm also wondering about The Cursed Crusade.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8481 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Fallout 3: GOTY is a hidden flash sale at $5 (75% off): http://store.steampo....com/app/22370/

Have they ever fixed the problems this has with Windows 7?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8482 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

Yay, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club is finally on steam. Boo it's not on sale.

#8483 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

I enjoy checking my wishlist to consistently see Resident Evil 5 holding steady at full price.:roll:

lol me too

MARS

#8484 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

what are the chances Intrusion 2 will be in a bundle?

#8485 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

what are the chances Intrusion 2 will be in a bundle?

any indie game has a good chance...hell...games that aren't are in bundles these days

#8486 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Everyone who you disagree with is a troll? I happen to agree with DarkPGR. Every new time another steam sale happens, I am less and less impressed. This comes, of course, because I've been through like 10 of them and already have most of the games I have ever wanted. And Steam simply can't compete anymore with the massive discounts GMG has because of their coupons. $13 Sleeping Dogs, for example.

His second point is also completely valid. GMG and Gamersgate support teams are MUCH, MUCH better than that of Steam. I don't know if you've ever tried contacting Steam support, but if you do, be prepared to wait weeks to receive some automated response. GMG, on the other hand, usually responds within a day or two and offers credit if they've taken too long for the trouble.

I never said if I disagreed with him or not, so no. I don't care if you or DarkPGR don't like the sale or Steam customer service. If I want to know about GMG and GG, I go to those threads. Which I do, because I purchase from them fairly regularly.

Posting in a thread with no point other than disparaging the topic at hand is just trolling.
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#8487 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Just bought anything that was less than $1.25 that I didn't have already. Horrid Henry, Mole Control, Garshasp, Bumbledore, Cricket Revolution--I now officially own all of the cheapest indie games on Steam, for better or worse.

My list of games is looking more and more like a trailer park brothel with every sale...

http://www.cheapassg...line=1341077338

#8488 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Got Witcher: Enhanced for $2.50, not sure what else to get. I wish Steam had a better UI; I've been going through pages and pages trying to find something.

Yeah. I don't know why they f'd up the interface for the sale. It's like they want me to get frustrated and not buy anything. Psh, good luck with that gaben.

#8489 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Anyone going to host a castle crashers 4 pack?

#8490 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

Any thoughts on Two Worlds Epic Edition? It's first one with all DLC for $2.50...