Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#8791 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Well since nothing i want bed time for me finally yay [=

#8792 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Swing and a miss! I would have bit on Deponia for $4.99

Aye, above $5 is a bit much for me. Zzz time!

#8793 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

i need Mafia 2!!!

#8794 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Fable: The Lost Chapters is also down to $2.49

#8795 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

lmao at fable 3 being 12.50 after all this time.

hot garbage game at hot garbage price...ugh...

I am hoping steam is really making up for these bad deals later this week. :/

#8796 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Deponia is tempting. Steam should have gave it 75% off and tons including myself will definitely bite. Guess ill just wait for another sale

#8797 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

How's everyone's BF?

He's fine, but he's not too happy about the amount I'm spending on games. :-#

#8798 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Endless Space is 10 bucks over at Gamersgate (steamworks). Cheapest it's been so far, though it might get matched/ be cheaper if it gets a daily deal on Steam.

For those who have the IGN discount you can get it for $7.60. It won't get significantly cheaper than that on Steam even if it hits 75%.

To get it for that price buy the following:

5000 blue coins - use code G2PO
1000 blue coins - use code G2PO

Must be separate transactions. For some reason the G2PO won't work on multiple blue coin purchases when you have them in the cart at the same time.

This will net you 8000 blue coins for $7.60 and yes I am cheap enough to jump through a few hoops for 40 cents.

Then go to buy the game with your IGN discount and the G2PO code. It will come out to 8160 blue coins with both discounts applied. Note that you will need to already have at least a balance of 160 blue coins in your account before doing this but that's not hard to get. If you have any Gamersgate games you haven't given star ratings to yet you get 50 blue coins for each you do.

If you don't want to mess with the blue coins stuff it's still $8.16 with IGN discount and G2PO which is still not bad. There's no guarantee this will get a 75% discount at Steam and $8.16 is still better than 66% off.

#8799 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

I seriously want these deals to stop or be more awful. It's getting to the point where its like i'm looking for a deal on another hdd because i am just running out of room. I think its a conspiracy with Amazon, Newegg and Steam.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#8800 powersurge

powersurge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Deponia's demo sold me on it everyone should at least give the demo a try. Great art, fun writing, nice voice overs.

#8801 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

Deponia is easily worth it at that price. Plus look at it this way. They're a small developer making fantastic adventure games, your dollar fifty will help them out!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8802 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

He's fine, but he's not too happy about the amount I'm spending on games. :-#

lol.

Damn Fry's. loopholes galore

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#8803 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Is anyone else seeing different times for the latest three flash sales? I'm hoping Guns of Icarus Online (at 50%) isn't ending in 4 days as a flash sale, but that sounds like a glitch (or it's not actually a a flash sale for me, as the store page doesn't say flash sale.) Deponia and Fable III are ending 4 hours apart, I hope this doesn't mean more staggered flash sales or just broken ones.

#8804 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

I think Guns of Icarus is showing 4 days because it was 50% off before the flash sale. Not sure what the deal with that is... but yeah, it's not on sale any cheaper than it was a few hours ago.

11317.png

#8805 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Anyone played Don't Starve? It looks pretty interesting. I just can't find reviews.

#8806 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

For those who have the IGN discount you can get it for $7.60. It won't get significantly cheaper than that on Steam even if it hits 75%.

To get it for that price buy the following:

5000 blue coins - use code G2PO

Must be separate transactions. For some reason the G2PO won't work on multiple blue coin purchases when you have them in the cart at the same time.

This will net you 8000 blue coins for $7.60 and yes I am cheap enough to jump through a few hoops for 40 cents.

Then go to buy the game with your IGN discount and the G2PO code. It will come out to 8160 blue coins with both discounts applied. Note that you will need to already have at least a balance of 160 blue coins in your account before doing this but that's not hard to get. If you have any Gamersgate games you haven't given star ratings to yet you get 50 blue coins for each you do.

If you don't want to mess with the blue coins stuff it's still $8.16 with IGN discount and G2PO which is still not bad. There's no guarantee this will get a 75% discount at Steam and $8.16 is still better than 66% off.

Hehe, I had 15 minutes between classes when Endless Space dropped, and I was desperately spaffing through the sloooow wifi to see how much ES was in my basket, remove it from my basket, add the right blue coins, realize the code won't work on multiple blue coins, add the blue coins and the code and pay for them one after the other, finally get back to Endless Space, IS IT STILL THAT PRICE OR WAS IT AN ERROR?!, go through the checkout, go through Paypal, run back to class.... made it with slightly under a second to spare. :bouncy:

What do these sales do to us?!

#8807 n0id

n0id

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Anyone think Kingdoms of Amalur will go on sale? :)

#8808 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

I can't believe it took me so long to realize this, but if you buy 20,000 Blue Coins at Gamersgate.com for $19.50 using code G2PO, then go to Gamersgate.co.uk and buy Dishonored using G2PO again with the IGN discount, you'll enjoy that lovely Steamworks Dishonored goodness for $19.50 (minus leftover coins + about 1,250 coins in store credit for purchase/review). Nice nice. :)

#8809 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Anyone think Kingdoms of Amalur will go on sale? :)

It won't, because Steam has no one to contact about putting it on sale. Amazon will have a bundle on Monday to get the game plus both story DLCs on Origin for $12.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#8810 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Anyone played Don't Starve? It looks pretty interesting. I just can't find reviews.

Totalbiscuit did a WTF is on it. I think it is still in beta or something?

SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#8811 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

...then go to Gamersgate.co.uk and buy Dishonored using G2PO again with the IGN discount...

Compare your purchase and mine. Even the base BC price on the game.

Is GamersGate using a random number generator in their shopping cart software? :lol:

#8812 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Kind of unrelated because it isn't on Steam, but there isn't a single deal anywhere for Mass Effect 3

fs_overall.png

#8813 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Totalbiscuit did a WTF is on it. I think it is still in beta or something?

Thanks for that. I wasn't paying attention, and didn't realize it was still in beta. I don't like to mess with those.

#8814 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Kind of unrelated because it isn't on Steam, but there isn't a single deal anywhere for Mass Effect 3

You missed this yesterday I guess...

(from the GMG thread)

20% off voucher GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R, excludes some titles that already have a deal
Expires Friday, November 23, 2012 at 7am EST

Daily(ish) Deal
Mass Effect 3 $9.59 with above voucher code, requires Origin
Mass Effect 3: N7 Digital Deluxe $12.80 with above voucher code, requires Origin
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings $8.15 (Steamworks and Steamplay) with above voucher code

#8815 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'm new to sales in Steam, do they ever put games like NFS or Dirt or Codemaster stuff at 75% off?
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#8816 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

Amazing! Magicka is a flash deal! Sweet!!! Plus Inversion and Anna... may be the worst round of flash deals yet.

I'm new to sales in Steam, do they ever put games like NFS or Dirt or Codemaster stuff at 75% off?

Yes, of course

76561197971332172.png

#8817 n0id

n0id

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

It won't, because Steam has no one to contact about putting it on sale. Amazon will have a bundle on Monday to get the game plus both story DLCs on Origin for $12.

Correct me if im wrong, but the origin release will not activate on steam correct?

#8818 derintrel

derintrel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Anna-3.39
Inversion-9.99
Magicka-2.49

And the blah flash deals continue

#8819 JoeFlacco4God

JoeFlacco4God

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

A lot of the flash deals have been kind of weak for me. I got KOTOR2 and Amnesia but most everything else I either already had from the summer sale or am not interested in...oh well. I've bought enough from Amazon to last me until the next summer sale lol.

#8820 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Correct me if im wrong, but the origin release will not activate on steam correct?

No, it won't.

I got the game through Amazon recently and have been playing it using Origin. Origin is good and works well. Yeah, it's nice to have everything on Steam, but if you take that mindset, you'll miss out on some good deals elsewhere.

As it is, I don't believe Amalur has ever gone on sale on Steam.