Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#9091 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

I'm as surprised as anyone Borderlands 2 is this cheap already, but pretty sure I'll wait for the GOTY. I mean, the Season Pass is another $30, which in my mind says "This is really still a $60 game, sold in two parts." I'm not anti-dlc, but it seems to me unless you buy the Season Pass, you're not buying the full game. Perhaps that's not entirely fair to the devs, I'll admit, but the perception is there.

No, that's a valid point, although maybe more on the publisher than the devs. I feel smug having picked up BL2 before release for <$35, but I also bought the season pass right after launch for another ~$22. The content is there, but if you're not gonna play it immediately, no sense in not waiting for a significantly discounted GOTY. I count BL2 as one of my 3 "full-price" purchased games in the last 6 years or so.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#9092 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

It's nice to see that Deus Ex: Human Revolution reached $4.99. I already own the game, but I don't have The Missing Link DLC. (Furthermore, I'm not the type to grab weapon DLC.)

My question is: Is The Missing Link DLC for Deus Ex: HR worth the $3.74? Thanks in advance, my CAGly comrades.

#9093 Bill Mcdougal

Bill Mcdougal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hrmm...I've got too many games to play, but I'm really tempted to get Mark of the Ninja and/or Chivalry.

Anyone here have thoughts on Chivalry?

EDIT: Yknow, I got half-price MSP from Target, so I may wait for a sale on that on XBL. Even if it doesn't go on sale, buying it full price for xbox with these half price points would be about the same effective price for me. I'm going to rule that out for now.

PrizeRebel: Get FREE Microsoft Points or games games for filling out forms! (use an email addy made for spam)
I've earned over $375 in free stuff so far!
SwagBucks: EASIEST one - Free stuff for using their search engine!
I've ordered over $550 in Amazon.com credit so far!

mcdougalsig.jpg

#9094 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

It's nice to see that Deus Ex: Human Revolution reached $4.99. I already own the game, but I don't have The Missing Link DLC. (Furthermore, I'm not the type to grab weapon DLC.)

My question is: Is The Missing Link DLC for Deus Ex: HR worth the $3.74? Thanks in advance, my CAGly comrades.

I would say it is worth it. It lets you experiment with different skills upgraded.

#9095 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

I would say it is worth it. It lets you experiment with different skills upgraded.

The DLC itself is good; s'got a nice relatively self-contained narrative and a boss fight different from the main game's. But at that price? Although I can't see it going much lower anytime soon, my gut balks at the difference in price being so little when the difference in quantity is so large.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#9096 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hmmm, Hotline Miami is tempting as a flash deal for $5, but I'll hold off for now in case it's a legit deal this week.

They should be the same

#9097 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Oh Dejobaan, 123 Kick It is a featured indie deal today, but it's not on sale.

#9098 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

1,2,3 Kick It isn't worth it for free.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#9099 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hard to take that serious when you say you haven't played D3 yet though.... though I get your point.

I played the trial, which is basically the first half of Act I or whatever. Game is overrated.

#9100 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

So where are all these Hitman Sniper Challenges coming from out of nowhere on Steamgifts? lol

#9101 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

I really wish I could upgrade my standard Deus Ex: HR to the Augmented Edition. Is there no other way? :(

#9102 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hmmm, Hotline Miami is tempting as a flash deal for $5, but I'll hold off for now in case it's a legit deal this week.

Keep in mind that the Autumn sale ends Monday, so we really only have one more day's worth of daily deals left. As of Day 4, I haven't seen any flash and daily sales overlap, so, if you were looking to pick it up during this sale, this is probably the lowest it's going to be (even when sales overlapped in the summer, aside from the random price mistake, they were the same price during repeats). Of course, if you can wait, it'll probably go even lower in next month's winter sale, so it depends more on if you were looking to play it now (IMHO, totally worth it and highly recommended) or just add it to the collection.
Posted Image

#9103 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

No, that's a valid point, although maybe more on the publisher than the devs. I feel smug having picked up BL2 before release for <$35, but I also bought the season pass right after launch for another ~$22. The content is there, but if you're not gonna play it immediately, no sense in not waiting for a significantly discounted GOTY. I count BL2 as one of my 3 "full-price" purchased games in the last 6 years or so.

I'm nearly 80 hours in and I'm confident in saying that I would gladly play full price for this game. I also got the game for about the same price as a preorder (Mechromancer class as a preorder bonus) and got a deal from a CAG for the season pass for $20 but I'd gladly pay full price for just how much joy the game has provided me so far.

#9104 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Played 2 chapters of Hotline Miami and I gotta say, I dig it and understand why it is getting a lot of praise.

#9105 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hmmm, some good deals today but still nothing for me.

Is anyone played the Serious Sam TSE DLC? Worth it?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#9106 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

If I'm in the middle of deus ex hr and get the explosive and tactical dlc, and do I have to restart the game to get those benefits or will it update my current save?

#9107 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

I really wish I could upgrade my standard Deus Ex: HR to the Augmented Edition. Is there no other way? :(

As I understand it, if you activate a key for the Augmented Edition, it will upgrade your copy. You basically lose one copy of the game doing it that way though. I bought the big Square/Enix pack from Amazon a month ago and I briefly considered using the key to upgrade my copy on my main account. But since there is no actual in game content, I decide instead to use the key on my secondary steam account. That way I can get the extras without feeling like I wasted a copy of the game.

57j.gif

#9108 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Gonna grab Mark of the Ninja before it goes off sale probably. But I'm gonna wait til I see all the flash and daily deals between now and then though.

#9109 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

So where are all these Hitman Sniper Challenges coming from out of nowhere on Steamgifts? lol

Here's how to get one:
http://www.reddit.co...omments/13pq2x/

#9110 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Japan was giving out free Hitman Sniper Challenge keys and those quickly became region locked. These german keys will probably be just as bad
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#9111 donkeymania

donkeymania

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

What do you guys think of Disciple 3?
http://store.steampo....com/sub/14181/
I've been thinking about getting it, but I also know about Disciples Reincarnation which has both Disciples 3 games and apparently improved features. But it seems like it's only sold through gamersgate http://www.gamersgat...s-reincarnation.

#9112 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Has Faster than light been on sale yet?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#9113 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Here's how to get one:
http://www.reddit.co...omments/13pq2x/

Thank you :D
Got one and am downloading it right now :D

#9114 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

A German sniper challenge? Are you shooting robots with grey blood? ;)

#9115 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

What do you guys thing of Enchantress? People seem to be comparing it to Lords of Magic which was a game I loved forever ago, but I know Enchanter or...whatever the last version was called was terrible, so I'm hesitant...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9116 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

As I understand it, if you activate a key for the Augmented Edition, it will upgrade your copy. You basically lose one copy of the game doing it that way though. I bought the big Square/Enix pack from Amazon a month ago and I briefly considered using the key to upgrade my copy on my main account. But since there is no actual in game content, I decide instead to use the key on my secondary steam account. That way I can get the extras without feeling like I wasted a copy of the game.

I might try that out! Thanks for putting me at ease. I figured the extras were worth a Subway sandwich :D

#9117 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Has Faster than light been on sale yet?

Nope.

#9118 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Mark of the Ninja looks fun. Bought!

Wish the BL2 season pass would go cheaper already. I'll just have to entertain myself with all the side quests I've been neglecting instead.

#9119 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hmmm, some good deals today but still nothing for me.

Is anyone played the Serious Sam TSE DLC? Worth it?

I copped it a few months back with the intention of playing with strangers but it was totally dead. I don't like single-player Serious Sam.

MARS

#9120 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Got mark of the ninja and hotline Miami- think that's it for me this time