Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#9271 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

I'm going to drop in a quick recommendation for Cargo Commander. It's jumpy-aroundy-in-spacey puzzle fun and I've quite enjoyed it so far. Definitely one of the "hidden gems" of the sale.

#9272 TheArmoredVirus

TheArmoredVirus

Totally Kuhwhyee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

I would bet it's new deals. The major sales, like the upcoming winter sale (?), are the ones that have had recaps in the past.

alrighty. i couldnt remember last year if they recapped bf. just low on game budget and if nothings new im prob going to get a friend a copy of chivalry

white_trash_headache.png

3e5bhcz.png

#9273 eagles5769

eagles5769

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Better Borderlands 2 price for winter sale? I was looking for a 4-pack to get it at 22.50 but if it gets any cheaper for winter sale, I may just wait.

#9274 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Seems like everything is better at the two major sales.

That being said, the winter sale is only weeks away, right? Not a huge price change between now and then, likely.

#9275 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

I probably won't add much to my cart at day's end. Winter sale is coming, after all.

Posted Image

GIMP really leaves something to be desired.

#9276 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Would someone mind posting the new flash deals?

I see Quantum Conundrum and Lone Survivor, but the 3rd one is not available in region (Puerto Rico). Just wondering if I should try to get it another way.

Thanks!

Workin on it

#9277 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Quantum Conundrum - $3.74
Lone Survivor - $4.99
Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition - $8.99

#9278 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Would someone mind posting the new flash deals?

I see Quantum Conundrum and Lone Survivor, but the 3rd one is not available in region (Puerto Rico). Just wondering if I should try to get it another way.

It's Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition for $8.99. 70% off.

#9279 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

I'm going to drop in a quick recommendation for Cargo Commander. It's jumpy-aroundy-in-spacey puzzle fun and I've quite enjoyed it so far. Definitely one of the "hidden gems" of the sale.

At first I thought you meant Carrier Command: Gaea Mission and was confused. After watching a video for Carrier Command I thought it looked really freakin cool, but probably too detail oriented and hardcore for me.

Cargo Commander looks interesting as well

#9280 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Can anyone recommend the Quantum Conundrum DLC? It's only $0.74, but a man has to have a code.
Posted Image

#9281 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Bummed that I missed Hotline Miami because of being out in the world doing stuff on a holiday weekend (I know, right?). Hopefully we'll get some kind of best of today.

#9282 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Bummed that I missed Hotline Miami because of being out in the world doing stuff on a holiday weekend (I know, right?). Hopefully we'll get some kind of best of today.

I have my finger on the Hotline Miami trigger...but its going to be in a bundle...it almost was apparently yesterday too. Just wait.....stand fast and you will be rewarded

#9283 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Can anyone recommend the Quantum Conundrum DLC? It's only $0.74, but a man has to have a code.

I pre-ordered the Season Pass, but I really didn't like the Desmond Debacle, so I haven't even gotten around to trying IKE-aramba! (despite its excellent name). Desmond just had too much of the stuff I didn't love (jumping, jumping, jumping) and not enough of the stuff I did love.

#9284 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Quick question, I have the vanilla DAO on Origin from when EA had that mess up a while back. I want to see how well the game plays on my pc before I get the ultimate edition (which I would get on steam). My question is if I play a few hours on DAO in Origin then go buy DAO:UE on steam, can I use the same save file?

#9285 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

I've gotten a lot this sale, but looks like a lot will be left for the holiday sale.

Been waiting for the Fallouts and X-Com collection to hit 75%, and was hoping for the GTA Pack to make an appearance. Hopefully during the Holidays I'll get lucky.

fs_overall.png

#9286 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

I have my finger on the Hotline Miami trigger...but its going to be in a bundle...it almost was apparently yesterday too. Just wait.....stand fast and you will be rewarded

Thanks for the pep talk, fellow cheapass. You're strengthened my resolve.

#9287 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Quick question, I have the vanilla DAO on Origin from when EA had that mess up a while back. I want to see how well the game plays on my pc before I get the ultimate edition (which I would get on steam). My question is if I play a few hours on DAO in Origin then go buy DAO:UE on steam, can I use the same save file?

I....don't really know. I tried to keep my versions of DAO the same (EA-based).

My old saves from DAO + Awakening (Retail) work fine in DAO Ultimate (Origin).
I usually keep my saves and back them up elsewhere when I need to move them, just in case; then put them back in the save folder where they belong, if I need them back there.
I did this when I transferred my saves from my older PC to my newest PC.
i.e. Save folder for DAO on Win 7 is - C:\Users\{your user name}\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters....

I have DAO + Awakening from Retail;
and DAO Ultimate from Steam and activated that key over Origin and the DLC key over BioWare Social.

Here's something you can do, since you already have Origin - it's basically what I did.

Buy DAO Ultimate on Steam.
Start Steam download of DAO Ultimate, at least.
Pause the download.
Right click on DAO Ultimate and get both of the game keys.
Activate the DAO Ultimate key on Origin.
Activate the DLC Key on your BioWare Social Account.

Make sure you have newest Patch (I think it's patch 1.05, IIRC) for DAO Ultimate - as it ends any of the DLC not activating properly issues from occurring.
Also, get Witch Hunt DLC's newest patch, as it fixes many issues there, as well.

EDIT:
Since I never activated DAO + Awakening (Retail) on my Origin account, I don't know about this (b/c this was before Origin became a thing). I only have activated DAO Ultimate on Origin.
Since you got DAO activated already on Origin, if you activate up on DAO Ultimate on Origin - I'm not sure if you'll be forced to re-download the entire thing (28 GB or so for DAO Ultimate) or if it'll just download what you're missing.

Edited by MysterD, 25 November 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#9288 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

If not there, it'll be an Editor's pick in the Amazon January coupon sale so I can certainly wait that long.

#9289 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

I....don't really know. I tried to keep my versions of DAO the same (EA-based).

My old saves from DAO + Awakening (Retail) work fine in DAO Ultimate (Origin).
I usually keep my saves and back them up elsewhere when I need to move them, just in case; then put them back in the save folder where they belong, if I need them back there.
I did this when I transferred my saves from my older PC to my newest PC.
i.e. Save folder for DAO on Win 7 is - C:\Users\{your user name}\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters....

I have DAO + Awakening from Retail;
and DAO Ultimate from Steam and activated that key over Origin and the DLC key over BioWare Social.

Here's something you can do, since you already have Origin - it's basically what I did.

Buy DAO Ultimate on Steam.
Start Steam download of DAO Ultimate, at least.
Pause the download.
Right click on DAO Ultimate and get both of the game keys.
Activate the DAO Ultimate key on Origin.
Activate the DLC Key on your BioWare Social Account.

Make sure you have newest Patch (I think it's patch 1.05, IIRC) for DAO Ultimate - as it ends any of the DLC not activating properly issues from occurring.
Also, get Witch Hunt DLC's newest patch, as it fixes many issues there, as well.

EDIT:
Since I never activated DAO + Awakening (Retail) on my Origin account, I don't know about this (b/c this was before Origin became a thing). I only have activated DAO Ultimate on Origin.
Since you got DAO activated already on Origin, if you activate up on DAO Ultimate on Origin - I'm not sure if you'll be forced to re-download the entire thing (28 GB or so for DAO Ultimate) or if it'll just download what you're missing.

Thanks I will copy this and save it for a future time. Might look into it for the Winter sale or something.

#9290 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Thanks I will copy this and save it for a future time. Might look into it for the Winter sale or something.

You're welcome.

#9291 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Did I miss the torchlight 2 daily/flash, or has it not happened yet?

#9292 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Did I miss the torchlight 2 daily/flash, or has it not happened yet?

No it hasn't happened yet, thats what im waiting for too

201224.pnggarrett007.png

#9293 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Earth Awakening fixed ALL of these issues.

Ok, thanks. You've convinced me to give it another try.

#9294 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Wait, why are people talking about repeats today? The sale ends Tuesday, meaning sales starting tomorrow are the final day. So if we have repeats, they'd be tomorrow, not today, right? (I believe sunday repeats are only for multi-week sales ala summer/winter sales. Final day repeats are more common for shorter sales, I think.)

#9295 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Bioshock 1 and 2 as a pack were five dollars at Amazon and activate on steam (and might still be I didn't check) so there's no point in buying just 2.

Unless you already own 1. I don't know if Amazon gives out codes for the games individually.
Posted Image

#9296 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Pretty much, yep. Stutters, slowdowns, crazy framerates drops all of sudden, game running in single digits - these were all nasty in the original Silverfall demo and full game - especially if you tried cranking the game-settings up like the Resolution and other graphical bells & whistles (like Shadows). Back then w/ the original Silverfall, you had to drop a lot of the graphical stuff down and res' down to keep it running decently. That's not even getting into the mediocre UI and the locked camera.

Earth Awakening fixed ALL of these issues. They reworked the whole entire engine, UI, and camera (they unlocked) all in Earth Awakening. Since they didn't plan to implement all of these fixes for the original game, that really hurt them, I think. It's sad Atari never opted to sell the expansion alone and/or repackage the game to sell it w/ Original Game + Expansion together in one pack. I can kind of understand Atari's point, since the game didn't sell well and was reviewed poorly - b/c likely the expansion probably wouldn't sell well, either. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if Atari made Monte Cristo kick it out-the-door onto the market too soon, as well - to try to capitalize on the major successes many games in the loot-driven ARPG genre. And/or with Monte Cristo, it wouldn't surprised me that Monte agreed to a release date and had such big scope for the game, that they couldn't get the technical stuff down properly by the time the game got its original release - a lot of times, these publishers don't budge much on release dates for a game if you agree to one, unless you're a big name or got a huge reputation the size of say Irrational Games Boston or Id Software.

I'm getting 30-45 FPS average with everything maxed out. Also tried the multiplayer LAN in tunngle with Seraphym and we got a lot of glitches/suttering. It was basically unplayable in LAN. Not sure how to fix it.

#9297 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

I almost bought Quantum Conundrum, but luckily I realized I already had a code for it before I did. Although I think this is a bad sign of my buying habits for steam... I might have a problem.
Posted Image

#9298 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Unless you already own 1. I don't know if Amazon gives out codes for the games individually.

Yes they do give individual codes for ALL their bundles and you're free to sell or trade them as you please.

#9299 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I've never heard of Chivalry before but I just looked at the video and it looks awesome.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Badass game. I bought it on a whim and kept playing for 5 hours until 2 AM last night.

Highly recommend it at the 50% level.

#9300 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Wait, why are people talking about repeats today? The sale ends Tuesday, meaning sales starting tomorrow are the final day. So if we have repeats, they'd be tomorrow, not today, right? (I believe sunday repeats are only for multi-week sales ala summer/winter sales. Final day repeats are more common for shorter sales, I think.)

Today is the last day of new deals. The Autumn Sale will terminate Monday 1 PM EST.

The Steam countdown clock clearly says the sale will terminate in just over 24 hours.