Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#10111 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Oh well, I guess $3.75 is not that bad.

It'll be in a Humble Bundle eventually if you're not wanting to play immediately/within the next few months.

#10112 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

Looking for a TL2 gift for 15 bucks. My buddy is all butt hurt because I bought a 4 pack and gave them to my real gamer friends.

Hop over to this thread, bro:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=279563

I'm sure you'll find a copy.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#10113 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

I didn't create the title of the thread or the site. Next...

Yeah, God forbid a thread lives up to it's purpose. You're telling me to follow Twitter to get updates, cuz it's an issue that I'm looking for deals on a deal website? :applause:

The same reason I don't brag about how many games i bought in a thread with a misleading title - I don't have the time. Also, I don't access Steam from work.

Posted Image
Watch out guys, we're dealing with a badass over here.

#10114 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Where are the steam mascot images tucked away this time? I don't see an official group for the autumn sale, but I do like collecting those images for rotating backdrops on my gaming pc.

I didn't realize any had been tucked away. Starting with this year's summer sale, I started saving the backgrounds. I used to use stuff like that as folder wallpaper. R.I.P. IESHWIZ.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#10115 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

Where are the steam mascot images tucked away this time? I don't see an official group for the autumn sale, but I do like collecting those images for rotating backdrops on my gaming pc.

There are a few images with the mascots in the steam news section. One for each day of the sale.

#10116 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

Is the only way to get the Steam version of Far Cry 3 is to buy it from Steam?

Looks like it. :\. Damn ubisoft. I was looking forward to another 20$ new release from a pack in!!!!!! (See Borderlands 2 and Hitman Absolution)

</3 and Far Cry 3 looks really awesome. I Love sandboxes.

But now that I think about it. I actually kinda feel better. 1/2 the reason I want my steam copy is for the achievements. Far Cry 3 doesn't seem to have them, so its not as disappointing.

#10117 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

I'm pretty happy with this sale, wasn't even aware the discounts would be as good.

#10118 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

This is dope lol

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#10119 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

That's all good, but you don't think the title is the least bit misleading?

Spoiler

Yeah, God forbid a thread lives up to it's purpose. You're telling me to follow Twitter to get updates, cuz it's an issue that I'm looking for deals on a deal website? :applause:

I didn't create the title of the thread or the site. Next...

The same reason I don't brag about how many games i bought in a thread with a misleading title - I don't have the time. Also, I don't access Steam from work.

A lot of people are very happy with this thread. You aren't one of them. Instead of trying to impose your will on a bunch of people who are content with the status quo, why don't you create a thread that meets your needs?

You made your point the first time, and it was soundly rejected. Your continued tantrum is verging on trolling.

#10120 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

You know you want a hug. It's okay to admit it.

...may I have one?

Oooh, Super Hexagon is on Steam now! Idle Thumbs had some interesting talk about this. They used more words than needed to describe this game but their thoughts about time dilation were interesting. There's a two pack for ~$1.60.

It took a full minute of the video before I finally had a grasp on what was going on. Music's great, but not my kind of game.

So why don't you do it?

Who has time for that when there are hypocritical complaints to be levied that people on the Internet are too lazy?

I found an error in your post. You meant "its" at the boldfaced part. Please accept the responsibility for going back and editing your post so I don't have to nerd rage at you in front of the entire thread every time I look at it hoping for correct grammar.

#10121 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

http://www.cheapassg...line=1282880728

MARS

#10122 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

This isn't the Xbox threads. People do things differently here but you will find they are friendly and sociable and willing to help if you aren't being a total rude jerkwad.

arikmoon was in the XBLA thread posting about how nobody updates the OP because we're all lazy "mother****ers with our dicks in our hands." I posted a scathing response and was temp-banned all of last week, but the troll wasn't. Funny how that happens. I'd call that mod out on not banning people who initiate flame wars, but it's really of no importance.

twiztid13, if you're unhappy with this thread, don't bother coming here. It's that simple.

You know you want a hug. It's okay to admit it.

I want one too! D:
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#10123 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/image.php?u=41950&dateline=1282880728http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/image.php?u=41950&dateline=1282880728http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/image.php?u=41950&dateline=1282880728

Yay, my first avatar repost!

#10124 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

I'm half-tempted to change my avatar to something that has a higher chance of being used as a reaction image. Batman ain't cuttin' it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#10125 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

Can you guys recommend a good 360 fight stick that I can use for SSF4AE?

#10126 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

Um, the Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition sticks?

This thread has an op? I thought Steam threads were just a Mobius strip.

Posted Image

elessar123.png

#10127 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

Would you guys recommend Call of Duty 4 from Steam?

I'm seriously tempted but I don't know if there are many hackers just like the console version. It's server based so I should be safe...

Or should I wait for a cheaper price than $9.99?

#10128 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

Sorry... just had to do it. :)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/image.php?u=86046&dateline=1351673401

76561197971332172.png

#10129 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

I'm seriously tempted but I don't know if there are many hackers just like the console version. It's server based so I should be safe...

Um when i played back when it first came out it wasn't bad. Not sure now.

#10130 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

This is dope lol

I'm a big fan of Atmosphere and how he plays with words, and although Sir Frontalot generally just does silly stuff, the guy is pretty damn good and reminds me a lot of Atmosphere was his phrasing and stuff. Plus he makes me laugh, so hey.

I played it on the 360 a year or so ago and it was still fun (sniping felt nice), but yeah, it felt a bit dated. If you're a fan of the World at War feel > the MW2-3 feel (slow vs fast, at the heart of it), you'll probably still have fun with MW1 (I personally prefer the feel of the Black Ops series, or Battlefield 3 when I'm feeling hardcore).

That said, I'd have a really hard time convincing myself to pay $10 for such an old game...

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#10131 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

$1.19 for Dungeon Siege III (Steamworks; use code G2PO ).

If you're not buying it with Blue Coins but have over 190BC in your account already, buy 1,000 Blue Coins for $0.95 using code G2PO.

CHEAP ass gamer.

Edit: this offer is exclusively available to smart people. Only smart people get this price.

Edited by PenguinJim, 28 November 2012 - 10:16 AM.
Some sort of regional deal that is not available to US customers. Apologies!

#10132 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

$1.19 for Dungeon Siege III (Steamworks; use code G2PO ).

If you're not buying it with Blue Coins but have over 190BC in your account already, buy 1,000 Blue Coins for $0.95 using code G2PO.

CHEAP ass gamer.

How did you get $1.19? I'm showing the game as 4.99, and with G2PO, $4.74

#10133 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

D'oh, sorry! It seems to be a regional variation as I'm outside the US.

#10134 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

There are a few images with the mascots in the steam news section. One for each day of the sale.

I see the little images like this in the news posts:

Posted Image

But I thought there were larger images in the sale backgrounds that might have been available somewhere on the site, the way the summer camp images from this year are available here in nice big wallpaper sizes.

#10135 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

D'oh, sorry! It seems to be a regional variation as I'm outside the US.

In which country exactly you are?

#10136 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Actually, I'm not in a country at the moment. Gwahahahahaaaa! Taiwan's just an independent state. Or an island. But definitely not a country.

#10137 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

hmm, saw Witcher 2 for $7.50 and grabbed it. Seemed cheap to me, maybe is been cheaper though.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#10138 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

I'm a big fan of Atmosphere and how he plays with words, and although Sir Frontalot generally just does silly stuff, the guy is pretty damn good and reminds me a lot of Atmosphere was his phrasing and stuff. Plus he makes me laugh, so hey.

Atmosphere is a they not a he. Slug and Anthony. One MC and one DJ.

#10139 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

IndieFaceKick Shutdown, Postmortem, and Accusations: http://site.gamingal...-and-whats-next
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10140 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

IndieFaceKick Shutdown, Postmortem, and Accusations: http://site.gamingal...-and-whats-next

Excluding all the grammatical and spelling errors, that contract is horribly written.