Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#10411 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

No question involving purple dildos is ever simple.

I love you, Mooby.

#10412 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

People who feed the troll are just as annoying as the troll itself.

#10413 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'd like to bring the topic of conversation back to what I found when I woke up this morning:

My main concern is I've seen a screen shot of people attacking others with huge purple dildos and I need to know if that is in the standard edition or what DLC I need to get to enjoy that sort of gaming.

I'm so proud.

(I'd post the link but I'm stuck on the silly mobile client)

#10414 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

People who feed the troll are just as annoying as the troll itself.

But what about the people who denounce the people who feed the troll? Or the people who pose questions to the people who denounce the people who feed the troll?

#10415 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Duke Nukem 3D is the Amazon Appstore (Android) free app of the day.

#10416 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

But what about the people who denounce the people who feed the troll? Or the people who pose questions to the people who denounce the people who feed the troll?

If a troll falls over the in woods, stubs its toe, spills its cup of tea, drops its crumpets and spoils its morning newspaper, does it still whine?

This is all very deep for a Friday morning.

#10417 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

I wasn't arguing, I was asking a legitimate question, then responding to being lynched. The responses took 30 seconds so your point is moot. Seriously, if there are no deals posted, why is this in the deals thread? Is it just cuz someone stopped updating it, and conversations continued? No need to be so hostile, for real.

Posted Image

#10418 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Groupees BeMine 6 is live now!

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10419 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

Backlog. I've been successfully using my backlog to as a reason against upgrading my video card. I figure I'll be able to hold fast another year or two (at which point my PC will be 5-6 years old). I have to thank 360 and PS3 for holding back progress. =D

I've been playing older games since I had to RMA my 460GTX, and it turns out I'm getting a 560GTX Ti back. Hooray for extending the life of my video card. However I have been picking up deals on parts for my new computer, I have 2/5 parts I need to replace purchased (PSU and Case). E8400 works but doesn't quite cut it anymore.

If a troll falls over the in woods, stubs its toe, spills its cup of tea, drops its crumpets and spoils its morning newspaper, does it still whine?

This is all very deep for a Friday morning.

It simply regenerates the damage and keeps heading towards the rift.

#10420 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

So, really...are all these simulators at all fun? Farming, Trains, politics?! I've seen these around awhile now and always been like "Seriously?".

It simply regenerates the damage and keeps heading towards the rift.

Unless it's a frost troll, then it is weak to fire.

#10421 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

So, really...are all these simulators at all fun? Farming, Trains, politics?! I've seen these around awhile now and always been like "Seriously?".

I get them confused as well. The elemental ones are Ogres, types of Trolls are Troll, Swamp Troll (poison) and Mountain Troll (WHYWON'TYOUDIE).

#10422 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Sure, fun to someone.

The train simulators are attractive to train enthusiasts. Both people who like big trains and the scale model people who would love to have the stereotypical HO scale layout that encompasses the entire basement but lack the space/money/time/understanding spouse. They sell a crapton of DLC but you're not expected to buy it all any more than you'd go into a hobby store and buy one of everything.

The farming/road building/street sweeping/septic tank cleaning simulators are popular in Europe (so I've heard) and are easy to modify to other machines/professions because they're all on the same basic platform, use the same collision engine, etc. Turning a tow truck into a truck hauling sewer pipes isn't any big shakes. I can't claim to have any interest myself (although the humorous videos people make always give me 2 seconds of interest; thank God it takes me 3 seconds to find my credit card) but I know we have people here who like 'em. I think, for some, they get the same sense of accomplishment from building virtual roads or farms or airports that others get from building virtual cities in SimCity or virtual nations in Civilization. They aren't looking for conflict in the game, just the chance to see something come together. Why do people spend hours upon hours placing items in their Skyrim/Oblivion house no one will ever see but them?

If you have to ask if there's a lot of people with a potentially unhealthy interest in politics as sport, you need to stop playing games and turn on a TV or open a paper ;)

#10423 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

As a person who owns and purchases simulators I can tell you that the majority are not fun at all in the traditional sense of what a fun game is supposed to be.

A very tiny minority are well made and are fun if you like the subject. Like the Train Simulators tend to be pretty well done. Ship Simulator Extremes is a well done game as well. I even had a bit of fun with Airport Control Simulator, though that's a sim in title only.

The rest are just big awful, train wrecks. I enjoy them in the same way I enjoy watching bad movies. Meaning, I wade through a ton of them, most are just plain awful, but a select few hit that "so bad, but so funny/good" area that I feel it is worth it. For example, I was recently playing Road Works Simulator and was entertained by the awful translation and amazed by the dreadful gameplay. I'm on mission 3 and can't bring myself to spend 10 minutes guiding the world's slowest steam roller over a pixelated mess that is supposed to be asphalt to "fix" the road. This was after it took me about 10 minutes during the first mission to figure out how to use the jackhammer since there is no tutorial whatsoever and the game freezes on me when I enter the "Options" menu.

I finally figured out that in addition to holding down the left mouse button for 10 minutes, I had to wildly flick my mouse in either direction to "angle" the jackhammer into the "ideal" jackhammering position, otherwise nothing happened :)

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10424 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Ok, scratch everything I said. Simulator junkies are just insane :lol:

#10425 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Well, real simulator junkies do try to get enjoyment out of them. If you read the Amazon reviews for some of these things, there are tons of people who truly would love a working, well made Road Works Simulator.

I will say that if these games were well made I would enjoy them. I mean, I love playing games like Sleeping Dogs or GTA for the in world aspects like driving buses, taxis, etc. just as much as I like the various missions.

Problem is these games tend to be lazy cash grabs. I do enjoy the 18 Wheel Sims though.

#10426 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Where's my goddamn Euro truck simulator 2012, STEAM?! HMM?!

#10427 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Well that's a given.

I pretty much agree with everything Fox said though. There are a few that are well made and those I genuinely enjoy. It's nice to have something to play where you can relax and not have to worry about timing, twitchiness, moves, etc and just play at your own pace.

The Sims and other sort of sandbox games are popular for this reason. Heck to an extent even Skyrim because you can avoid most of the action if you wanted to and just wander around and see the sites.

I think some of the best simulators are ones that combine actual gameplay well with making you feel like your actually doing that job. It's an overlooked game that actually was in an earlier Indie Royale but I think The Oil Blue is really good at doing this. You feel like you are working on oil rigs but it's also fun and has a story progression mode.

Where's my goddamn Euro truck simulator 2012, STEAM?! HMM?!

It was in the last Indie Gala. Actually, you can get the sequel over at Origin. :-P

#10428 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

I had to wildly flick my mouse in either direction to "angle" the jackhammer into the "ideal" jackhammering position, otherwise nothing happened :)

I hear they have pills for that now. LoL

Seriously though, thanks for the explanations. I never thought of it the terms of hobbyist type gaming; makes sense. So, why doesn't someone create a CAG gaming simulator. I envision managing a digital me, managing my digital backlog of games. Tagline..."Will he get his backlog down to reasonable levels before the next sale? Only you can determine his fate." Ha!

#10429 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

I get them confused as well. The elemental ones are Ogres, types of Trolls are Troll, Swamp Troll (poison) and Mountain Troll (WHYWON'TYOUDIE).

http://privateerpres...loods/warbeasts

Yep, ya'll just got trolled. Hard. :drool:
Posted Image

#10430 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Has anyone here mentioned the Bundle Stars bundle?

http://www.bundlestars.com/

Appears to be all Steam keys, but their minimum is a bit higher than the others. Still, 8 different games, and looks like only 1 has been in another bundle. I like how the 3 Star Wolves games are each in separately-branded bundles.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#10431 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Don't know if this was posted yet, Biart (developer of Depth Hunter) posted his side of the story for the IFK claims, they can be found on the desura page for Depth Hunter, here:

http://www.desura.co...es/depth-hunter

Here is independent material about situation with IFK Bundle. You can find answers on all your questions.

Quote:

"To make things more interesting, I contacted multiple developers that have been involved with Indie Face Kick & they have yet to receive any kind of payments as most of them are patiently waiting for Nathaniel Richardson to finish his part of the deal. Dreamsoft Games, Sigma Team & Milkandhoney have not been compensated and are all dealing with similar but different situations. As musician Milkandhoney, or as he was credited Gary R in IFK #2, tries to find some kind of solution to the problem, Sigma Team & Dreamsoft have kept quiet about the situation as Nathaniel claims that he is “having an issue with one of the developers being rude” as said by Natalia Morozova of Sigma Team."

Original-gamer.com

"After reading all of this, I hope you see the fraud that has been revealed and that developers need to raise awareness for new indie bundle organizations that pop up to avoid confrontations similar to this. If you or someone you know has been involved with GamingAllTheTime.com or Indie Face Kick, forward us information using the email you see below and we will try to arrange information to be passed along to you for record or legal purposes."

While you are waiting for interview, here is some dates from the final contract:
- contract signed April, 9
- bundle release date (in contract) - mid April, mid May - maximum
- exclusive term - 2 months

Based on contract, it should be - 2 months after signature.

Next bundle launch - July, 17

Any breach from us? No.

Why IFK made this post? He don't want to pay. Not only to us, but to other developers too.
Not all developers have lawyer and ready go to court. We have enough resources to stop the scam like this. And IFK/GATT afraid this, that's why he begin his attack. But it's looking strange. He is trying to attack developers, who are waiting for payments ;)
You need a proof - ask IFK to post the final contract, our official letters, his official letter and fake paypal confirmations.

#10432 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Has anyone here mentioned the Bundle Stars bundle?

http://www.bundlestars.com/

Appears to be all Steam keys, but their minimum is a bit higher than the others. Still, 8 different games, and looks like only 1 has been in another bundle. I like how the 3 Star Wolves games are each in separately-branded bundles.

I think eldredpe posted it earlier? Or someone else. I bookmarked it and am considering it, but hard to dish out so much comparatively when IG has games from the same company much cheaper and might even have those same games eventually.

I mean, Reign, MOW: Vietnam, and Death to Spies were in the last IG 1C bundle I think.

#10433 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

So, why doesn't someone create a CAG gaming simulator.

Holy hell, I would so buy that once it was in a bundle.

#10434 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

So, why doesn't someone create a CAG gaming simulator.

Given that a large part of CAGging is effectively mooching around in this thread and picking up on deals as they're posted, it's as if we're already playing the CAG Simulator.

Wait what.

#10435 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Posted Image

I could watch this all day. :D

#10436 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Holy hell, I would so buy that once it was in a bundle.

Yeah, first we'll have to get it through Steam Greenlight. Then get Tony to PM the bundle price all while avoiding other indie devs condescending remarks about it being in a bundle in the first place. And as the first DLC..."Teh Trollz Xpansion Pack"

#10437 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

I think eldredpe posted it earlier? Or someone else. I bookmarked it and am considering it, but hard to dish out so much comparatively when IG has games from the same company much cheaper and might even have those same games eventually.

I mean, Reign, MOW: Vietnam, and Death to Spies were in the last IG 1C bundle I think.

Okay; weird that I hadn't at least bookmarked it. I double checked the SPUF indie bundle megathread and MOW:V isn't a repeat, but those other two are. And you're right about future appearances, especially with that price.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#10438 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Okay; weird that I hadn't at least bookmarked it. I double checked the SPUF indie bundle megathread and MOW:V isn't a repeat, but those other two are. And you're right about future appearances, especially with that price.

MOW:V isn't a repeat.. but it was free on gamefly a few months ago and activated on Steam.

#10439 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Any regs want Paranormal Desura key?

Gone.

Edited by utopianmachine, 30 November 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#10440 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I posted in about Bundle Stars when they first set up shop. About an hour later their price dropped and I wondered why. Now I know - originally they were adding VAT to ALL customers. They're based in the UK I think so I guess it's understandable.

$6.68 isn't a bad price, but like many others have mentioned, there are some repeat titles here. Also you have to "unlock" one of the games by liking them on Facebook (lame). I got Men of War: Vietnam about 4 months ago when Gamefly was giving away free Steam keys one morning. The others, I've got in various other bundles. I buy just about every bundle, and the ones I'm missing are Off-Road Drive, Deathtrack, Star Wolves 2, Real Warfare 1242, and Real Warfare II.

5 games for $6.68 is nothing to sneeze at. It'd also give me some Steamgifts fodder to give to you guys. :) It's going on for another like 2 and a half weeks though, so I don't feel too rushed.