Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#10441 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Long story short, I find myself with an extra CD Key for The Witcher II that can be "activated" on GOG. Anyone interested? I'm not sure if it's tied to my account or not because I'm not sure how that works. They sent me 2 activation keys and I already have the game in my account. If anyone wants to try it let me know, I hate for it to go to waste.

EDIT: Sent!

Edited by jshackles, 30 November 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#10442 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

MOW:V isn't a repeat.. but it was free on gamefly a few months ago and activated on Steam.

Ah, that's where I got it then.

I posted in about Bundle Stars when they first set up shop. About an hour later their price dropped and I wondered why. Now I know - originally they were adding VAT to ALL customers. They're based in the UK I think so I guess it's understandable.

$6.68 isn't a bad price, but like many others have mentioned, there are some repeat titles here. Also you have to "unlock" one of the games by liking them on Facebook (lame). I got Men of War: Vietnam about 4 months ago when Gamefly was giving away free Steam keys one morning. The others, I've got in various other bundles. I buy just about every bundle, and the ones I'm missing are Off-Road Drive, Deathtrack, Star Wolves 2, Real Warfare 1242, and Real Warfare II.

5 games for $6.68 is nothing to sneeze at. It'd also give me some Steamgifts fodder to give to you guys. :) It's going on for another like 2 and a half weeks though, so I don't feel too rushed.

There we go! I knew someone had posted it. I am in the same boat as far as the games. Except I already own them on Gamersgate so it'd be double dipping. Good price for those who don't own them at all though.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10443 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Are these all 1C games? If so, I can wait for the mythical 1C bundle that Amazon should have launched in 2014.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10444 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Don't know if this was posted yet, Biart (developer of Depth Hunter) posted his side of the story for the IFK claims, they can be found on the desura page for Depth Hunter, here:

http://www.desura.co...es/depth-hunter

http://www.original-...e-Kick-vs-Biart

What a mess. I'm definitely having trainwreck syndrome - can't look away due to morbid fascination. There's even more ridiculousness on Reddit, where the owner of that Original-Gamer site calls out Nate Richardson AKA Gamer X for everything from stealing swag to cheating on his wife (!): http://www.reddit.co...the_end/c77s59p

The best/worst part is that none of these guys have any business in "journalism" or even in writing ANY content for others to read. Everything Gamer X writes is full of typos and grammatical errors, from his pity-party blog posts to those hilarious "contracts" some developers were stupid enough to sign.

However, If you read the Original-Gamer post linked above, it's nearly as bad from a writing standpoint. Just awful. The whole thing reminds me of the "cripple fight" scene from South Park.
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#10445 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Has anyone here mentioned the Bundle Stars bundle?

http://www.bundlestars.com/

Appears to be all Steam keys, but their minimum is a bit higher than the others. Still, 8 different games, and looks like only 1 has been in another bundle. I like how the 3 Star Wolves games are each in separately-branded bundles.

Not much in previous bundles, but all but one of those titles is on the 1c bundle list that Amazon will supposedly sell sometime soon.

#10446 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

new batch of greenlit titles

Spoiler

Valve hates La Mulana ._.

#10447 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Guess we will be getting steam keys for waking mars if you bought the last humble android bundle.

#10448 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

According to him, the contract stated the bundle would launch at the latest in mid-May. With everything you know about IFK, do you find it hard to believe they didn't launch on time? I seem to recall hearing as such around the time it was supposed to come out. I also would not be surprised if the contract was poorly worded, leaving some ambiguity as to the exact exclusivity dates, which is the fault of IFK.

On top of that, the IFK guys have been caught lying as well. Does that mean both sides in this have completely unbelievable arguments?
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#10449 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Sweet greenlight games! Guess we'll also be getting Dawn of Fantasy if you get it in the current Groupees or in a previous bundle (IndieGala?)

#10450 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

Biart7 is full of shit.He clearly has no clue when the bundle even ran and pulls dates out of his ass. Once you've been caught lying, it's really hard to believe anything you have to say afterwards.

To assume the two month exclusivity started before the bundle is rather stupid in my opinion. Biart7 is playing with the wording of the contract and trying to avoid fault.

How is that full of shit? If his contract says the bundle has to be by mid May, May 25th is late May by my standards. And it could have been that the exclusivity was good up to July 15.5, if you assume exact middle of May and July, so a full day after would make it July 17, when BAB2 started. Miscommunication about "mid May" maybe, but I don't think there's any lies here, if that was the contract. It doesn't say a bundle can't exist while the exclusive one hasn't ended.

#10451 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

It's a legal contract, you don't just "assume" dates. They didn't have a set date and Biart7 agreed to that.

http://site.gamingal...tblackmail1.jpg

Clearly says "two months after the bundle" which would be way after July 17th.

Posted Image

You could easily say IFK broke contract by not starting the bundle on time.

#10452 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Look, that's one of the shittiest contracts in the world and I doubt that clause would be enforced by any judge.

The contract is always interpreted against the person who wrote it because they wrote it and if they wanted to make something clear they should have done so in the contract.

"and at least two months after" - what does that mean? Two months at least and eternity afterwards? This would likely be thrown out as unenforceable since it is an arbitrary date.

Even assuming Biart did breach, that's immaterial to the main issue - which is IFK has not paid. They still owe Biart all the money they promised for the games sold. If they want to claim some damage due to the breach they are free to do so, but it doesn't eliminate their obligations under the contract. This is also an alleged "initial contract" with terms to be determined in some sort of "final contract."

These guys obviously don't know what they are doing and are trying to divert attention from their scam with smoke and mirrors.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10453 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Humble THQ Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/

i know I'm late but wtf how is this possible, mind blown to pieces even if they are done. & yeah I agree single keys would've been nice but keeps SG clean. Don't need Metro or CoH (do need the expansions) but overall holy shit, just what I wanted lol.

From what i'm reading, the Unreal Complete pack current deal isn't that great of a deal. I'm really wanting to get it, i'm hoping it'll be 75% for the Winter Sale.

Yeah it looks cool, always wanted to have the Unreal games but my computers could never run them lol. also thanks The End for the info

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#10454 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

It should be quite obvious that Biart is simply trying to turn as many people against IFK as possible to discredit them and his only ammunition are the undelivered t-shirts, USBs and unpaid developers which once again, IFK has already admitted to and said they were working on it.

Only? That's a lot of ammunition. I think most people were against IFK to begin with though, doesn't take much for Biart to get them on his side. They've had a bad reputation from the start.

#10455 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Only? That's a lot of ammunition. I think most people were against IFK to begin with though, doesn't take much for Biart to get them on his side. They've had a bad reputation from the start.

That they did. Someone should dig up that old thread for their first bundle.

#10456 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Sweet I am so glad that Sang-Froid : Tales of Werewolves was greenlight'd :D

#10457 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Sweet I am so glad that Sang-Froid : Tales of Werewolves was greenlight'd :D

Nice! Now.. when will it be indie bundled? ;)

#10458 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

That's what I was thinking! The ONLY ammunition is that they stole money from customers and did not deliver the promised t-shirts and USB drives (or refunded). Then they stole games from developers and sold them to customers and apparently have kept the money and not paid the developers.
That's the only thing they've done wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems to be just about everything a business could do wrong.

#10459 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

That's what I was thinking! The ONLY ammunition is that they stole money from customers and did not deliver the promised t-shirts and USB drives (or refunded). Then they stole games from developers and sold them to customers and apparently have kept the money and not paid the developers.
That's the only thing they've done wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems to be just about everything a business could do wrong.

That and they basically stole hundreds of copies of Turba and had the hypocrisy of giving 1000 copies of it on steamgifts.

#10460 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Has anyone here mentioned the Bundle Stars bundle?

http://www.bundlestars.com/

Appears to be all Steam keys, but their minimum is a bit higher than the others. Still, 8 different games, and looks like only 1 has been in another bundle. I like how the 3 Star Wolves games are each in separately-branded bundles.

Are there individual steams keys for each game on this? I'm only slightly interested in Off-Road Drive, Death to Spies, and maybe Death Track.

#10461 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Quick! Somebody update the OP with the latest IFK fallout!

Edit: this is at least more interesting than the Steam vs. DRM vs. DRM-free discussion that we've not had for at least eight days.

#10462 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

I wish Silent Storm 2 would get greenlit. Maybe they should put it in a bundle then promise Steam keys if greenlit. That seems to be the popular method of getting greenlit.

Re: IFK Fiasco....

I had shredded wheat for breakfast. It was good.

TLDR: MEH.

I had a Clif bar and Mountain Dew

#10463 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Re: IFK Fiasco....

I had shredded wheat for breakfast. It was good.

TLDR: MEH.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#10464 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

If you can't or refuse to see and believe it, there's not much I can do to convince you.

That's explained in my link above as well. Turba breached their contract as well and gave IFK free keys as reparation.

I have a feeling that none of you have read it or simply ignored it all.

I read it, and I don't actually know who Biart is. I was still console gaming when the first IFK bundle was up, so I missed that too. So I'm only looking at it in the present anyways.

All I will say is, if I was a developer, I would not have dealt with someone who doesn't even know basic rules of English, and pass off something that wasn't even copy-edited as a contract.

#10465 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

When you only quote half the words in the sentence, you can really change the meaning eh? It says "and at least two months after our bundle has concluded". Despite the fact they hadn't listed a specific end date, it's certainly not as arbitrary as you try to make it.

IFK has never denied the fact that they've owed Biart or any other developers money and I think that's the third time I've mentioned that now.

I know whenever I try to cover something up, I always admit to it before trying to do so.

Source

They admit to owing developers before they even mention Biart and this was days ago.

Biart is acting like a "hero" now fighting for all those developers, only because IFK brought his contract breach to light. If you can't or refuse to see and believe it, there's not much I can do to convince you.

You are missing the point entirely.

Quoting the entire sentence doesn't change a thing. The arbitrary nature of the clause is the "at least two months" part. That means that they could arbitrarily call for exclusivity anywhere from two months to an INFINITE amount of months after the conclusion of their bundle. Why? because "at least two months" only sets a minimum threshold of exclusivity and does not set a maximum.

Technically, they never state Biart can't have their game in another bundle while the IFK bundle is still live, only not before or "at least two months" after the conclusion. This may seem ridiculous to some, but it is a legitimate legal argument Biart could make.

Furthermore, you seem to equate breaching one clause in a contract with invalidating the contract. That's not the case.

Also, what damage did IFK suffer from the breach? And what purpose does the clause hold? What benefit does IFK get by having exclusivity over the game AFTER their bundle has stopped being sold? They get no benefit and the damage is minimal at most.

No one ever said IFK was trying to hide anything ANYMORE. They certainly seem to have been stringing these devs along for a long time and have been dishonest to their customers about those t-shirts and USB drives. If they can't or haven't produced them - refund the customers. Simple as that.

IFK admitting they are ripping people off doesn't make it any better. Oh, I admit I murdered someone - all better now? The murder isn't as bad because I admitted I did it?

You seem to be under the misguided notion that "Oh, well you breached the contract too, so you're just as bad." That's not the case. The contract was for the sale of goods. Biart delivered those goods to IFK. IFK has not paid Biart per the terms of the contract. Biart may have breached a clause in the contract. IFK certainly has the right to sue Biart and seek damages for that particular breach. They still owe Biart for the games Biart delivered to them.

#10466 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Quick! Somebody update the OP with the latest IFK fallout!

Edit: this is at least more interesting than the Steam vs. DRM vs. DRM-free discussion that we've not had for at least eight days.

Agreed. Soneone update the OP with this for that twizted juggalo douche. I need more complaining from that guy. I'm too busy to do it.....

Can someone wake me up in 20 minutes when the new steam daily hits. I'm going to take a nap at my desk at work. Thanks.

#10467 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

...who don't even know basic rules of English, and pass off something that wasn't even copy-edited as a contract.

...who doesn't even...

Sorry, had to do it.

#10468 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Just looked on my Humble Android 4 page to see if they had anything about Waking Mars Steam key (they don't) but realized I have extra Steam keys I never redeemed. They're for:

Cogs
Avadon: The Black Fortress
Swords and Soldiers HD
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Zen Bound 2

Any regulars want them? PM me.

#10469 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Just looked on my Humble Android 4 page to see if they had anything about Waking Mars Steam key (they don't) but realized I have extra Steam keys I never redeemed. They're for:

Cogs
Avadon: The Black Fortress
Swords and Soldiers HD
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Zen Bound 2

Any regulars want them? PM me.

It just got green lit. I'd imagine it will be a bit but I'm sure we will get them.

#10470 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

...who doesn't even...

Sorry, had to do it.

I fixed that before you posted, actually. I was originally typing something else, and changed mid-sentence.

Edit: It was originally worded in my head as something much harsher =P