Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#10561 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

Don't worry, I understand. I suppose I've just never heard of nor seen anyone use sni ggers in a derogatory way. I guess people will use any way they can to push peoples' buttons.

And I wasn't comparing cracker to the n-word, I was simply commenting on the fact that many racial slurs are in fact normal everyday words (or sound just like them). Hence the silliness towards the word sni ggers.

I've never seen it either. I don't know what kind of hell-hole forums Fox frequents when he isn't here, but that was a new one to me.

It had never even occurred to me before you posted about CAG having a problem with the word that it closely resembled that other word. Though I'm not sure if I had ever seen it spelled out before. So it might have been more obvious if I had seen it in print.

Whatever. It's not a word that I used a lot. I usually only used it to denote something that had made me laugh in a very juvenile way. Which I believe was kinda what you meant.

#10562 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Hi Steam CAGs. I'm feeling good after getting in my grad school application today and I'm going out to dinner now.

Let's all celebrate! Quote to reveal: World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, EDGE

#10563 Miracleman

Miracleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

Hi Steam CAGs. I'm feeling good after getting in my grad school application today and I'm going out to dinner now.

Let's all celebrate! Quote to reveal: World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, EDGE

I managed to grab this. Thanks a lot & congrats to you.

#10564 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Thoughts on Saints Row the Third DLC? Does any of the DLC alter the main game in any way?

I bought the franchise pack during the summer sale and it's still sitting in my inventory. I also bought the THQ Humble Bundle yesterday and I BTA. Which means that I now own one copy of the game with almost all the DLC, and I own one without any DLC. I plan to activate one copy on each of my steam accounts. But I'm trying to determine which one I want tied to my main account.

#10565 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

Thoughts on Saints Row the Third DLC? Does any of the DLC alter the main game in any way?

I bought the franchise pack during the summer sale and it's still sitting in my inventory. I also bought the THQ Humble Bundle yesterday and I BTA. Which means that I now own one copy of the game with almost all the DLC, and I own one without any DLC. I plan to activate one copy on each of my steam accounts. But I'm trying to determine which one I want tied to my main account.

If you are going to activate them both then I'd go with the franchise pack.

I don't think the DLC alters the main game, other than people saying once you install the vampire DLC it changes the game, but I think there is a fix for that.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10566 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

I don't think the DLC alters the main game, other than people saying once you install the vampire DLC it changes the game, but I think there is a fix for that.

I think the Invincible pack may as well, but I believe you have to actively set up cheats for this to trigger.

I'd still go with the Franchise pack because it just seems like a lot of added value and fun (plus some of the DLCs do have story missions in addition to cosmetics).

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#10567 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

I think the Invincible pack may as well, but I believe you have to actively set up cheats for this to trigger.

I'd still go with the Franchise pack because it just seems like a lot of added value and fun (plus some of the DLCs do have story missions in addition to cosmetics).

Alright, I think I'll use the Humble key on my secondary account.

Whenever possible, I like to play through a game without the DLC first so I have a sense of what has changed when DLC is added. Thanks to the THQ bundle, I now have a way of doing that. I'll play through the game on my secondary account first, then I'll add the franchise pack to my main account and play through it to see what the DLC adds.

From all reports, the game is a blast. I'm sure I wont have any problems playing through it twice.

Thanks for the replies.

#10568 JoeFlacco4God

JoeFlacco4God

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

Guess this is the appropriate thread to post this in since it's a Steam key, I got the Plentiful and War Chest Paradox bundles from Amazon, and Victoria 2 is in both of them. I have no need for the second key, anyone interested please help yourself:

AYCEH-7TAWF-WF88F

#10569 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

Guess this is the appropriate thread to post this in since it's a Steam key, I got the Plentiful and War Chest Paradox bundles from Amazon, and Victoria 2 is in both of them. I have no need for the second key, anyone interested please help yourself:

AYCEH-7TAWF-WF88F

Lurked.

#10570 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

Whenever possible, I like to play through a game without the DLC first so I have a sense of what has changed when DLC is added. Thanks to the THQ bundle, I now have a way of doing that. I'll play through the game on my secondary account first, then I'll add the franchise pack to my main account and play through it to see what the DLC adds.

From all reports, the game is a blast. I'm sure I wont have any problems playing through it twice.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm someone who bought the game on Amazon and then bought DLC that I wanted separately, and I can say that the DLC is only going to add to your initial playthrough rather than change it.

Most of the DLC (except for the Bloodsucker DLC, which has been mentioned, and can be disabled if you look up how) adds clothes, weapons, and vehicles. It's not going to change your first playthrough, it's only going to give you more options within your first playthrough.

Note that the items the DLC grants are flat out given to you in the game, so you have the option of using them when you want. If you feel the automatic scoped sniper rifle is too overpowered in the early game, for example, just don't use it until you feel its power is in line with the weapons you're naturally buying and unlocking as you progress. I used it fairly early since it seems to take ages to get a sniper rifle though, and reading around, the DLC sniper rifle is actually quite weak in relation to other ones.

As for the DLC that adds missions to the game, those are simply available to you when you want to play them. They don't change anything about the game; consider them side quests.

I'd recommend you play through the game with the DLC first off. There's little reason to play the game without the DLC with how it's set up. Either way though, it doesn't really matter too much.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#10571 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

I used this to disable the bloodsucker animation on SR3 - the other perks are still there (extra cash etc) if you want them. Or you can do both.
Unfortunately the bloodsuck animation prevented all other melee kill moves and got old reaaaallly quickly.

http://www.saintsrow....589/#post-3959

#10572 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

Well thats it, buying a WiiU now.
http://music.djcutma...um/wiiu-grooves
Catching up on the thread with Tea Time and Firmware Updates. Lovely. Sorry for the aside.
I think theres a place for this. IndieRoyale had Danimal Cannon which was great. I also adore *adore* the soundtrack for Hotline Miami. I see one song was made by the master Jasper Byrne! Lone Survivor is beautiful. Hotline Miami is worth is just for the music alone, glad I picked it up. I play to just listen to the music.

#10573 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

A quick video overview complete with a theme song

Sorta NSFW-y but no actual nudity.

Damnit Motoki, now I want to buy it! (Probably will too.) I just wish it wasn't so heteronormative.

Edit: Bought. Presumably 1 hour before NOV20OFF expires.

Edit2: Weird. I just noticed that Gamefly now has Silverfall on sale.

I've always considered snig gers to have a more nasal quality. A bit more air volume from the nostrils, where snickers is mouthier. (I also, for some reason, connote it with the weasels that laugh themselves to death from Roger Rabbit.)

I don't know if most people differentiate between them, however.

Actually, most people don't believe it's a word, from my experience.

I am very precise with language, and I distinguish between the two. I snickers is the lite version, I rarely use it.

Don't worry, I understand. I suppose I've just never heard of nor seen anyone use sni ggers in a derogatory way. I guess people will use any way they can to push peoples' buttons.

And I wasn't comparing cracker to the n-word, I was simply commenting on the fact that many racial slurs are in fact normal everyday words (or sound just like them). Hence the silliness towards the word sni ggers.

/agree. I've never heard that relation. We wouldn't even be having this conversation without (somewhat common to forums) overzealous word filters.

Spoiler

The DLC is very much what it says it is. Some of it gives earlier access than normal to guns and vehicles, but it's very easy to choose not to use some of the stuff that you wouldn't get until later, later. Bloodsucker is the only exception.

Spoiler

Invincible like all other cheats have to be activated though the cheat menu on your phone. Easy to avoid.

Thanks for the replies.

Like I said before, you can choose not to use DLC vehicles and guns if/when you feel they are OP (over powered). The costumes however you may very well enjoy though your play through. On "Normal" difficultly the game has a nice balance, that suits it's over the top nature. On "Hard", it presents a challenge, by upping the intensity (more gangmembers & badass gangmembers).

I'm someone who bought the game on Amazon and then bought DLC that I wanted separately, and I can say that the DLC is only going to add to your initial playthrough rather than change it.

Spoiler

I'd recommend you play through the game with the DLC first off. There's little reason to play the game without the DLC with how it's set up. Either way though, it doesn't really matter too much.

I used this to disable the bloodsucker animation on SR3 - the other perks are still there (extra cash etc) if you want them. Or you can do both.
Unfortunately the bloodsuck animation prevented all other melee kill moves and got old reaaaallly quickly.

http://www.saintsrow....589/#post-3959

I strongly recommend disabling it. It makes it too easy, and takes away some of the fun with melee. If you put some effort into gaining territory control early the in the game, you will have more cash than you can spend by late in the game.

Edited by asheskitty, 01 December 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#10574 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Just finished Sleeping Dogs. thoroughly satisfied

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#10575 m0ds

m0ds

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Oh my gosh, thank you! :bouncy:

I actually had read about the Cat Lady game previously and was thinking it would probably be something I would like.

Just out of curiousity, what's up with it being on Desura? When I click through there it says not available. Is it going to be added there in the future maybe?

http://www.desura.co...es/the-cat-lady

Thanks, put it this way - everything is done my end, it's now awaiting Desura's approval. As soon as that happens that page should be visible. In the meantime, http://www.indiedb.c...es/the-cat-lady :)

#10576 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

Just got an email from Newegg. Boxed copies of Fallout: New Vegas (base game) $3.99 with free shipping. Although I'd imagine in a month, the Steam Winter Sale will have a GOTY for close to the same price.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#10577 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

Just finished Sleeping Dogs. thoroughly satisfied

^_^ I finished it a few days ago as well. I enjoyed it.

#10578 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

I just played the first world? (collection of levels) in Horrid Henry and I had to give my thoughts on this. Mechanically it seems almost solid enough, if a bit bland. You jump poorly, throw goo at enemies in an arc, and avoid various enemies such a toy robots, paper airplanes, and spiders. The most baffling thing to me is how would this license even exist in the first place. From my brief exposure it's about a kid who terrorizes his parents, brother, and babysitter for no reason but to be a dick to them. Apparently it's pretty popular to create a whole series of books, but I can't see the reasoning.

In short, it's a rudimentary platformer with mechanics that aren't quite there, and a license that shouldn't exist (opinions).

I was actually surprised at it being a platformer as I thought it was a point/click adventure game for some reason.

#10579 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

GMG supposedly has a new 30% off voucher GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9 tried to look through to see what might be interesting:

STEAM
Kung Fu Strike for $1.75 - 75% plus 30% off $9.99

Skydrift for $1.75 - 75% plus 30% off $9.99

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection for $2.79 (Not Collection, Kollection as in Kardashian Kollection at Sears) - 60% plus 30% off $9.99

Blades of Time Limited Edition for $9.51 - 66% plus 30 % off $39.99 (oddly, it is the same price as the regular edition)

NOT STEAM
Borderzone for $2.79 60% plus 30% off $9.99. 1C post apocalyptic action RPG. I wonder if MysterD knows any more about this one.

Zoo Empire for 86 cents - 75% plus 30% off $4.95 (note cannot be traded in at present)

Trainz for $6.99 - 75% plus 30 % off $39.99. Good price for it if you don't need it on Steam. I think Fox said Amazon had it even cheaper once (?)

and because I had to throw one goofy Euro Simulator in:

Towing Simulator for $2.79 - 60% plus 30% off $9.99. The one review really liked it. Note that it cannot be traded in at present.

re: 7 Sins

Damnit Motoki, now I want to buy it! (Probably will too.) I just wish it wasn't so heteronormative.

You can have the guy you control grope his male boss too, in the crotch, but he won't be happy...

As for snigs

Posted Image

Actually I don't care, I just wanted an excuse to use that image.

#10580 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

GMG supposedly has a new 30% off voucher GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9 tried to look through to see what might be interesting:

Thanks for the code Motoki! Picked up Jet Set Radio for $2.38 while it was still on sale! :bouncy:

#10581 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Thanks for the code Motoki! Picked up Jet Set Radio for $2.38 while it was still on sale! :bouncy:

They keep tempting me to buy this game!

#10582 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

I'm a day and a half behind catching up with the thread, but I'd like to thank everyone for their responses when That Guy, in addition to continuing to complain that people won't do his Googling for him, actually argued against my grammatical correction. I love you guys.

#10583 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Fallout New Vegas is $3.99 with fs @ Newegg right now. Decent deal for a hard copy.

Oops. You know, I saw this deal somewhere then walked away for a moment. When I came back I figured I'd let you guys know. Apparently I saw it in this thread. Thanks dfg.

#10584 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

I just played the first world? (collection of levels) in Horrid Henry and I had to give my thoughts on this. Mechanically it seems almost solid enough, if a bit bland. You jump poorly, throw goo at enemies in an arc, and avoid various enemies such a toy robots, paper airplanes, and spiders. The most baffling thing to me is how would this license even exist in the first place. From my brief exposure it's about a kid who terrorizes his parents, brother, and babysitter for no reason but to be a dick to them. Apparently it's pretty popular to create a whole series of books, but I can't see the reasoning.

In short, it's a rudimentary platformer with mechanics that aren't quite there, and a license that shouldn't exist (opinions).

I was actually surprised at it being a platformer as I thought it was a point/click adventure game for some reason.

I didn't even realize until now that it was a game based on a license. I thought the unappealing nature of the character of Horrid Henry was something that the game devs cooked up themselves. Now that I know that they were working with a predefined character...I don't know...in a way, that increases my opinion of the game slightly. The devs had to work within the basic framework of the Horrible Henry universe. They couldn't stray too far from the unappealing character's mold.

Though you're right, why does the license even exist? It sounds positively horrible (pardon the pun). According to the Wikipedia page, it's a pretty popular book series over in the UK and it even has a highly rated cartoon based on the books. I don't get it.

#10585 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

I actually didn't mention JSR because it's going to be in the $5 Amazon Dreamcast pack (and $15 arcade pack) tomorrow but for those only wanting JSR and not the other games I doubt you will ever get it by itself cheaper than that.

#10586 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

The Walking Dead save system is scarier than the cannibalism. I stopped playing towards the end of the second episode last night. When I fired it up this morning my save file was gone. Google informed me of a helpful path to restore saves, but it puts me at the start of episode 2. I guess I need to play to the end of chapters. I should probably just marathon the whole game today, so I don't have to deal with this buggy save system.
Posted Image

#10587 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

I actually didn't mention JSR because it's going to be in the $5 Amazon Dreamcast pack (and $15 arcade pack) tomorrow but for those only wanting JSR and not the other games I doubt you will ever get it by itself cheaper than that.

Is the Amazon Dreamcast pack going to be all Steam this time? Last time, it wasn't... :(

#10588 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

The Walking Dead save system is scarier than the cannibalism. I stopped playing towards the end of the second episode last night. When I fired it up this morning my save file was gone. Google informed me of a helpful path to restore saves, but it puts me at the start of episode 2. I guess I need to play to the end of chapters. I should probably just marathon the whole game today, so I don't have to deal with this buggy save system.

I have the same problem with my save. I have to do this every time I load my game or finish an episode. I'm enjoying it but I have had more problems getting it to play smoothly and loading saves.

#10589 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Is the Amazon Dreamcast pack going to be all Steam this time? Last time, it wasn't... :(

Yes this time it will be. Also 50 Genesis games (including series 5 this time) for $4.99 Steam redeemable starting tomorrow.

All their Sega game packs will be Steam this time around save for Billy Hatcher which isn't on Steam at all.

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=7708

And also further clarified at:

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=7725

#10590 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

^_^ I finished it a few days ago as well. I enjoyed it.

I also finished it a few days ago!
I had it since release, but took my time with it.
40 hours.
Im disappointed that I havent seen Sleeping Dogs in any goty nominations.
If it were up to me, the goty would be between xcom and sleeping dogs
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image