Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#11221 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

I had to log in to my secondary steam account just to check it, but it appears to have been used.

Cheers, means that it's another key to cross off of my list.

#11222 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

Conquest of Elysium 3 is pretty great thus far. Ridiculously easy to learn the basics of since there's no base building or city management and very little in the way of development for your units, plus combat is automated. Despite that it seems to still have a good amount of depth (Each faction seems to play fairly significantly differently) and it's satisfying running around the map scooping up towns and building armies.

I was gonna say the AI might be questionable, but it may just be the barbarians have an easier early-game than the Cthulhu cultist race. The Cthulhu AI player wandered up near my camp early game and I squished both his armies and commanders super easily. Now I've found a troll/goblin AI player and he's much more dangerous. Has an ancient wizard troll who can summon frogs which is a major pain in the ass since it makes a bunch of distractions for my soldiers to fight while his real troops wail on them.

Cool game, saved an otherwise terrible indie royale.

#11223 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

While I'm at it - given how amazing Bioshock 1 was, I really hope Bioshock: Infinite lives up to its INSANE hype-o-meter...

Well, Bioshock 2 came in between, and that was a step down from the first (still good, but more of a rehash), so Infinite doesn't have to worry about being the bastard stepchild, I guess.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#11224 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

So I finally got around to installing Diablo 3, over a week since it arrived. It was all in all quite confusing and far too much effort. First I had to break into this outer envelope thing. Then figure how to open the damn box, shuffle through "guest passes" and stuff to finally find this round silvery thing. So I pop it into my computer and launch the installer... after some confusion and aborted attempts (and a reboot) I figured how to install it to E:\Games\ (on the accept EULA screen, WTF?). So then the disc starts spinning, making lots of noise, so I decide to go take a shower and wash my hair. When I finish it's still not done. A few minutes later the disc finally stopped spinning, now it wants to download stuff, and chew most of my CPU while downloading. I haven't even gotten around to precisely copying some long alphanumeric code from print media into my battle.net account. Jeez... Kinda makes me appreciate my steam pruchases, a couple of mouse clicks, and maybe a copy-paste.

#11225 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

I'm tired and my brain hurts so I'm not doing any fancy tricks just a spoiler tag

Greed Corp

*Edit: got Greeded

I have no idea if this is good or not.

Spoiler

Remember guys, the code to make something appear invisible is #202026...

Did you really think I was going to give you a code? :P

#11226 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

Surprised no one mentioned that the ability to install games to another drive is out of beta as well.

#11227 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

I just caught up on the thread...

That Biglen kid really did send me a PM; I thought he was joking!

"hey any chance you can pm a code of skyrim? saw u said u have another. just not at home to activate if you was to post it and i have been dying to finally try that game out"

Yeah, I've gotten a couple pm's from him and a couple other people. I really believed people knew we were joking :bouncy:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#11228 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

Yeah, I've gotten a couple pm's from him and a couple other people. I really believed people knew we were joking :bouncy:

That's what you get for playing with people's emotions like that. You're all horrible people.

#11229 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Here's a code for StarTropics 3: https://www.google.c...iw=1786&bih=899

MARS

#11230 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

Here's a code for StarTropics 3: https://www.google.c...iw=1786&bih=899

Lurked. And here I wanted to thank you for Zoda's Revenge's Revenge.

#11231 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

Remember guys, the code to make something appear invisible is #202026...

Did you really think I was going to give you a code? :P

I played your little game. Got tripped up on MC Kage's name though. Off the top of my head, I thought Kage started with a C.

:(

But at least I knew his Avatar was Dwyane Wade.

#11232 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Re: D3, you can't really discount user reviews because they mention the always-on. Like it or not (and I certainly didn't), it's part of the game and is basically cited as a feature. Sure, it got review bombed by halfwits, but it's a legitimate aspect of the experience to consider.

I played some Everyday Genius: Squarelogic this week. That game learning tool is pretty cool.
Posted Image

#11233 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

I played your little game. Got tripped up on MC Kage's name though. Off the top of my head, I thought Kage started with a C.

:(

But at least I knew his Avatar was Dwyane Wade.

You're in the second one. ;) And yes, I was bored.

#11234 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

Bleh. Apparently Jet Set Radio on Steam is buggered. Ran it and it was running way too slow. Found a guy who hacked it and you need a program to set it to 30 FPS. Also, I don't know if I can play it with a keyboard.
Posted Image

#11235 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

Surprised no one mentioned that the ability to install games to another drive is out of beta as well.

I saw that. Freakin' awesome, as I'm sure my new 3 TB drive will fill up eventually.

Re: D3, you can't really discount user reviews because they mention the always-on. Like it or not (and I certainly didn't), it's part of the game and is basically cited as a feature. Sure, it got review bombed by halfwits, but it's a legitimate aspect of the experience to consider.

I do have to admit, they make teaming up pretty easy. Basically, I just consider Diablo III an MMoG.

#11236 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

STARTROPICS? WHERE? I played that on NES, so lovely.
Disappointed Far Cry 3 doesn't have achievements, would be a perfect game for it being open world. I don't like non-steam works games. Its just bad all over.
Here's hoping and praying that Terraria's successor gets Steam achievements. Starbound will be my goty 2013.

On other note. Looking forward to scouring GOty 2012 lists to fill up my Steam wishlist for winter sales! YES!

#11237 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

Bleh. Apparently Jet Set Radio on Steam is buggered. Ran it and it was running way too slow. Found a guy who hacked it and you need a program to set it to 30 FPS. Also, I don't know if I can play it with a keyboard.

PWlee daosne'stencdomnedaolnien hkatcoktihnegh haecrke!.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#11238 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

Why would you set it to 30? What does it run at otherwise? X(

#11239 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

PWlee daosne'stencdomnedaolnien hkatcoktihnegh haecrke!.

More like hacked a fix. It is posted in the Steam forum.

Why would you set it to 30? What does it run at otherwise? X(

It runs way too fast without limiting frame rate.
Posted Image

#11240 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

So do ALL games allow it now? I enabled it in the dev menu awhile ago, but certain games still didn't allow you to select which install location you wanted. In fact I think I ran into that a few days ago...

(Not really a big deal if you know how to symlink though.)

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11241 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

I have no idea what people are complaining about with JSR. When I played it a few weeks back it seemed just fine.

I played some Everyday Genius: Squarelogic this week. That game learning tool is pretty cool.

Imo, the always-online nature of it is a clear given. I don't see the value of that in user reviews. It's not a hidden gotcha. i however agree it sucks. Moreso, it adds unnecessary lag in my single player gaming.

So do ALL games allow it now? I enabled it in the dev menu awhile ago, but certain games still didn't allow you to select which install location you wanted. In fact I think I ran into that a few days ago...

(Not really a big deal if you know how to symlink though.)

In my experience, no. Not a big deal if you have a 2TB drive dedicated to steam =) Telling Diablo 3 where to install was just daft. It's on the screen with the EULA.

#11242 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

In my experience, no. Not a big deal if you have a 2TB drive dedicated to steam =) Telling Diablo 3 where to install was just daft. It's on the screen with the EULA.

Becomes an issue when you run Steam from an SSD like I do. Symlinking solves the problem easily though. Not as complicated as people make it out to be.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11243 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

Becomes an issue when you run Steam from an SSD like I do. Symlinking solves the problem easily though. Not as complicated as people make it out to be.

Unless you run Steam from an SSD, and your other 4TBs are ext4.

#11244 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

Unless you run Steam from an SSD, and your other 4TBs are ext4.

I don't use any external hard drives. Have a big fat laptop with two drives (and room for another when I need more space).

bZ2g3eF.png

#11245 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

When I need room I delete games. True story.

#11246 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

That works for games too? Cool. I've only done that with people.

#11247 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

For example.

• Download LA Noire (13GB).
  • Install LA Noire.
  • Launch LA Noire.
  • Nothing happens.
  • Spend 2 hours scouring the net to see what's wrong.
  • Spend another 2 hours trying ridiculous fixes.
  • Fail.
  • Ragequit and delete everything that says "LA Noire" on your PC.
  • Hold yourself back from deleting all other Rockstar games on your PC out of sheer rage.

bZ2g3eF.png

#11248 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

I don't use any external hard drives. Have a big fat laptop with two drives (and room for another when I need more space).

ext4 doesn't mean external =P It's a linux file system.

#11249 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

ext4 doesn't mean external =P It's a linux file system.

Ah, I had no idea, so I Googled it and came up with tons of people talking about ext4 and external hard drives, so I just figured that's what it was, lol.

bZ2g3eF.png

#11250 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

My understanding is that it only works with games using the new file system.