Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#1111 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:33 AM

I was approached my a few men on my way home; I feared the worst. They made me buy the Indie Face Kick Bundle. I would get rid of it and put it on steamgifts, but the authorities say I can't and that I wouldn't have it if I didn't want it "because the female body rejects 'legitimate bundles.'"

Posted Image

MARS

#1112 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:39 AM

Yuck. What a steaming turd of a bundle. Sadly, I'll still probably get it :cry:

Is it bad that I intend to pay $1 just for the privilage of owning Revelations 2012?

#1113 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

Spoiler

HAND BANANA!!!!! My favorite ATHF episode!

#1114 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

I was approached my a few men on my way home; I feared the worst. They made me buy the Indie Face Kick Bundle. I would get rid of it and put it on steamgifts, but the authorities say I can't and that I wouldn't have it if I didn't want it "because the female body rejects 'legitimate bundles.'"

That's it. Close up the thread. We're done here :lol:

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#1115 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

I have been gone for a few pages because of the move but I a finally caught back up.... not as though much has happened haha

I just wanted to post this link for Castle Story again as a quick reminder to those who have not seen this Kickstarter. It is ending in a few days and it looks AMAZING. I do not recall who but someone posted this a while back when it began and I instantly wanted to give them my money hahah

#1116 crabbit

crabbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

Logged in just to post this: :applause:

#1117 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

The following "Steamable" games are on sale now at Gamersgate for the next 24 hours:

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#1118 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Anyone know what type of space combat sim 4x game this leans towards. I've mostly played the X3 series so I'm wondering if it's somewhat similar to that.

I doubt it comes close. It's a port of an iOS game.

#1119 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

The following "Steamable" games are on sale now at Gamersgate for the next 24 hours:

hm might wait for a $5 or better deal
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#1120 unless

unless

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

Comment of the year, right here.

#1121 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

Not sure if posted yet. The Basement Collection will be released August 31, and there may be a special fan discount (regular price is $4).

Posted Image

#1122 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

Not sure if posted yet. The Basement Collection will be released August 31, and there may be a special fan discount (regular price is $4).

Posted Image

Thanks for the heads up. Interested in it for Gray Matter... Not sure about $4 though, since that's the only one I'm really interested in. I followed his Tumblr just in case.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1123 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Spoiler

I already own several of those, but seems like a good deal to pick up some I'm missing nonetheless. Gray Matter is one I'm interested in, and Gish, and possibly others.

#1124 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

For anyone interested in Grey Matter, I think it's this game: http://www.newground...tal/view/467236

It's not the adventure game called Gray Matter published by Viva Media. I was confused about that at first, so I just wanted to clarify in case anyone else thinks the same thing I did.

#1125 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

Oh shoot, Grey, not Gray. >_<

Thanks for the save. I just assumed. Looks like my money is safe on that one.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1126 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

I doubt it comes close. It's a port of an iOS game.

One can hope. The description makes it sound semiopen world with actual combat and empire building instead of a 'touch screen to win' game.

#1127 spuffin

spuffin

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'll give the Indie Face Kick guys some credit for having what is probably a valid "Bundles Sold" counter. That said, I anticipate them having "issues" with the counter not working correctly and "fixing" it or not mentioning anything at all and just gaming the hell out of it.

Also the game descriptions are so terribly written I think they qualify as being campy:
"you are a tomb raider of sorts or treasure hunter if you will."
"They start living in small villages or big towns & make their unions or their clans."
"A very unique game fun to play, and a great story."

#1128 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

Is this what getting "Punked" feels like?

Oh wait, no, we're being "Face-kicked"... Yeah, that sounds about right.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#1129 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

Is this what getting "Punked" feels like?

Oh wait, no, we're being "Face-kicked"... Yeah, that sounds about right.

I gotta say, I do wish they pushed out better bundles I mean who doesn't want cheap games. Sadly this is like the most expensive bundle out there and it's the worst by far, their first bundle was their best and after that they've been utter garbage. Their web design is terrible, I've seen better geocity pages. They should just give up and sell Russian cdkeys like their ex advertisers.

#1130 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

Anyone know what type of space combat sim 4x game this leans towards. I've mostly played the X3 series so I'm wondering if it's somewhat similar to that.

Just so you guys have an answer. This game is like Privateer (most closely) or Freelancer.

GoF RARELY goes on sale on iOS. It's been $10 and marked down to about $5. If you bought it originally, you paid $10 bucks for the expansion and then they forced you to re-pay/re-buy the HD version if you wanted that update. They force changed the software to limit the HD-ness as well on the iPad. That being said, the game is beautiful and I've spent long hours on my iPad because of it.

How it'll port to PC is anyone's guess.

#1131 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

I thought Time Fcuk was great. I played it before I knew Edmund as an indie game personality. If the fan discount is good I'll pick it up.

#1132 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

I thought Time Fcuk was great. I played it before I knew Edmund as an indie game personality. If the fan discount is good I'll pick it up.

Though Mr. McMillen's insistence upon drawing naked cartoon bodies disturbs me horribly, I admit that I, too, played Time Fcuk and was amused.

Here are additional details of the upcoming "Basement Collection" from his official blog:

-15 minutes of never before scene stock video interviews from Indie Game: The Movie
-Over 40 minutes audio of development commentary/QA sessions
-Over 30 pages of development documents and character sketches.
-6 playable tech demos/prototypes
-tons of behind the scenes photos, comics, easter eggs and extras
The collection also comes with a free full digital sound track, featuring full sound tracks from all but one game featured in the collection, the soundtrack also features over 10 amazing fan made tracks!

The English on display makes me worrisome, but the promised content makes $4 sound reasonable. If I hadn't been intrigued by Time Fcuk, I wouldn't pay much attention to this collection. Admittedly, I am curious to see how improved some of these games are in comparison to their currently-available-for-free iterations.

I may just wait for CAG's to give the final say on this collection.

EDIT:
It seems the Daily Deal is Section 8: Prejudice for $3.74. (A Four-Pack is available for $11.24.)

Certainly, we can discuss this.

#1133 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

If you're gonna get it (speaking generally), go for the 4-pack which is not only cheaper per slot ($2.81), but each copy also includes all of the DLC for the game.

#1134 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

Edge, Osmos, Anomaly Warzone Earth, and World of Goo were added to the Humble Android Bundle 3. If you already bought it and someone don't already have them from bundles, they should show up in your Steam library soon. You may need to restart.

If you haven't purchased the bundle yet you'll need to beat the average to get them.

#1135 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

If you're gonna get it (speaking generally), go for the 4-pack which is not only cheaper per slot ($2.81), but each copy also includes all of the DLC for the game.

Just saw that. Quite strange to see all the dlc free with the 4 pack.

#1136 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

S8:P was a fun game that got dragged down by GFWL and my inability to stay connected to anything for more than 10 minutes*. Only thing I could do was play the campaign, which was surprisingly competent for a MP based shooter.

*GFWL experience will vary depending on how it feels today.

#1137 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

Edge, Osmos, Anomaly Warzone Earth, and World of Goo were added to the Humble Android Bundle 3. If you already bought it and someone don't already have them from bundles, they should show up in your Steam library soon. You may need to restart.

If you haven't purchased the bundle yet you'll need to beat the average to get them.

It's actually a separate key on the site, so you'll have to grab it and activate it on Steam manually. ;)

#1138 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

been meaning to get Section 8 so I might finally bite this time on a 4 pack :)

#1139 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

Actually, you get a separate unified key for the bonus games. So you'll need to check your download page to get the key.

EDIT: Ninja'd by atreyuevr

#1140 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

S8:P was a fun game that got dragged down by GFWL . . .

That was all I needed to hear.