Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#11371 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

Borderlands 2 Golden Key Codes for PC (all still working):

53CJJ-K5TC5-KR3BB-3B33T-XSHJB
WTWTJ-353WW-5F3TB-BBBJT-HJSKB
5T5B3-CWJSK-KRTJT-ttjjt-9HW63

Three? Nice, thanks! I have 12 keys now.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11372 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

I average 1-1.3mbps, so stop complaining. ;)

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at with a dicey 4G connection. I've seen it spike up to 3.6MB/s on occasion...like once.

#11373 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

I got Airbuccs on a bundle on Gamersgate and they coughed up a Steam key.

Still have yet to play it. Is it good?

Oh, and I owe you all an explanation as to why Sine Mora is crap.

First, what it does right. The graphics are great. All that spit and polish clearly won it undeservedly good reviews, but if you trust the reviews for that and then turn around and whine when they marked down Guwange and Akai Katana and about every other shump that wasn't Ikaruga, you aren't serious.

The bosses are also pretty cool. Decent variety and phases. Some dumb crap here and there but there's some joy to them.

The downsides to the game? Akira Yamaoka just phoned in the soundtrack. He beat his head on his keyboard a couple of times and called that the soundtrack. Pacing-wise, the levels are atrocious. A good shump never wastes your time and that is one of the few high points of a stagnant genre populated by some of the most insular shut-ins out there; gaps in the action only when absolutely necessary and there is constantly something interesting happening. Not so here. Sine Mora's levels have so much downtime and weak boring enemy segments that it is almost insulting, especially considering how intense the game can get when it gets going.

Jamestown had a brilliant difficulty curve, I still believe, with a smooth enough ramp that I think anyone could be guided to triumph on at least the hard setting where you could finally get to the heart of Mars. Sine Mora has none of that. The story mode is designed rather explicitly for casual players and the difficulty jump to Hard for Arcade mode is absolutely nuts. In Story on Challenging you can treat the enemies like Akira treated his keyboard and still come out on top just because of how much time/health you're given. On Hard it almost plays like a conventional one or two hit death shooter, except your time is ALL of your lives so you go pretty quick to continues.

Power-ups are RANDOM, COMPLETELY. I can see no mechanism by which the game seeks to give you power ups you need. And since your main gun is so weak until it gets powered up, you can be gimped by not getting those powers. These power-ups are extra lives, sub-weapon and time power refills. They are not small things.

By the way, that opening screen-sweep laser pattern on the first boss cannot be dodged unless you've seen it before. It's just a dick move. There are other dick move instakills throughout the game too, and again, this is in a game where you only have ONE life.

Sine Mora uses full analog control as opposed to on-off-slow movement of a traditional shump. This is not a good idea, as neat as it may sound. Sine Mora's boolets come out like a traditional boolet hell shump but the analog movement makes tap-dodging and streaming MUCH more difficult than they need to be, and just using a digital input device has you moving too fast with no slow button.

Scoring-wise, Sine Mora is a joke. Use any of your sub weapons or time powers and your multiplier resets. If you are playing for score, that's half the game just locked out to you. Espgaluda used ITS slowdown power pretty nicely to supplement the score system, as stupidly complicated as it was. See also, random power-ups.

In Arcade, any time power other than Reflect is a joke. You'll not see Reflect in story mode.

Whatever, everything else is nitpicks. The story is playable. There are some pleasant moments here and there. When the game throws you against a badass boss there is some joy to be had, but there is a tremendous library of better shumps that are consistently fun and better designed than Sine Mora on both XBLA and PC. Even for $3 I really think you can do better.

Edited by RollingSkull, 06 December 2012 - 02:16 AM.

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#11374 Triggerhappy14

Triggerhappy14

Hey, what's going on?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

At home I get about 4.5mbps and it usually caps around there. At school it's about 300kbps, and it's excruciatingly slow compared to that.

#11375 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

I really wish I had known about the Borderlands 2 keys being sold on newegg for $2 a few months ago. Definitely a great marketing tactic to offer these limited time Golden Keys, makes me want to buy the game just to have the best weapons. :(

#11376 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

I really wish I had known about the Borderlands 2 keys being sold on newegg for $2 a few months ago. Definitely a great marketing tactic to offer these limited time Golden Keys, makes me want to buy the game just to have the best weapons. :(

$2? What?

And the golden keys don't mean you'll have the best weapons. The game is random loot based. All the keys do is open a chest that by default will give you high rarity/power weapons set to your character's current level.

It's a nice bonus, but not necessary in the slightest. Unique weapons and other high rarity weapons that you'll come across naturally can be just as strong or stronger than what the keys give you.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11377 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

$2? What?

And the golden keys don't mean you'll have the best weapons. The game is random loot based. All the keys do is open a chest that by default will give you high rarity/power weapons set to your character's current level.

It's a nice bonus, but not necessary in the slightest. Unique weapons and other high rarity weapons that you'll come across naturally can be just as strong or stronger than what the keys give you.

Yeah...you missed. Borderlands 2 keys on newegg went for 1.99. They were the amd or nvidia promos

#11378 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Yeah...you missed. Borderlands 2 keys on newegg went for 1.99. They were the amd or nvidia promos

Wow, crazy. I preordered anyways. Preordering means you know you're losing money, lol.

bZ2g3eF.png

#11379 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

People, you're forgetting that we all will get to feel useful, knowledgeable and superior, as we squander large amounts of time posting in a thread focused on sales for a digital distribution service.

Isn't that smug high we all get to share worth it in the end?

Um, yes?

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#11380 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

Oh, and I owe you all an explanation as to why Sine Mora is crap.

Spoiler

Thanks much for elaborating on that!

#11381 Rehykja

Rehykja

Diggles Gonna Dig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

Just remember 8 Megabits = 1 MegaByte. I top out at around 2.4MBps (megabytes) which is 19.2Mbps (megabits). Right around what my home connection's max bandwidth is. Steam likes to show download speeds in MB (megabytes) and Internet connections are usually sold/measured in mb (megabits).
Wubwubwubwub.

#11382 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Waking Mars just got released onto Desura and the developers tweeted they will give Desura keys out to Humble Android Bundle 4 purchasers if you request it

https://twitter.com/tigerstylegames

‏@tigerstylegames
@vgameon email us at support at tigerstylegames dot com with the email address you used to buy the bundle

‏@tigerstylegames
@Methanoid @LSW_LSW @johnpinky7 If you want a Desura key and you bought the Humble Bundle with Waking Mars in it, email us.

I know it's coming to Steam but I will still take a Desura key. The email I sent the request to is support@tigerstylegames.com

#11383 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

Waking Mars just got released onto Desura and the developers tweeted they will give Desura keys out to Humble Android Bundle 4 purchasers if you request it

I know it's coming to Steam but I will still take a Desura key. The email I sent the request to is support@tigerstylegames.com

Thanks!

MARS

#11384 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

Dunno if it's been posted. If you bought the Indie Royale May Hurray bundle, you should now have a steam key for Weird Worlds on your bundle page.

#11385 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

Haven't seen that posted, thanks for the tip. Looks like it's not even up in the Steam store yet.
76561197996844513.png

#11386 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Dunno if it's been posted. If you bought the Indie Royale May Hurray bundle, you should now have a steam key for Weird Worlds on your bundle page.

Thanks!

MARS

#11387 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

To those who played/play Binary Domain with a 360 controller, how did you map the buttons on the controller since the triggers don't register? Right now I'm using the bumpers...not that great

also, this, since SG doesn't give contributor value to games from Indie Bundles anymore.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#11388 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

Thanks man! This is why I like this thread - just added a Steam game I wouldn't have known about otherwise.

Interestingly, that make the May Hurray bundle an Indie Royale that had Steam keys for every game.
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#11389 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

You don't realize how much you love Steam until you have to deal with bad things.

So I have a non Steam version of Far Cry 3 purchased from the UBI shop. So they send me a downloader kinda similar to Amazon but not because it's crap. So the thing finally downloads, and then it has to extract 13 files, then I have to install the game which takes over 10 mins. Next I have to register the game with uPlay because apparently they don't have a system to do this beforehand. So I think I am good, but no, I have to download a fucking 270 MB patch on top of the 20 minutes it took to install the game, and the 9 gigs of downloading. Why could they just give me the latest .exe in the download manager :bomb:.

Yeah, that is just horrible. There is no excuse to it taking that many steps to play my game. Hell even Origin is better. Also I am grumpy because I wont be able to play my game tonight because of UBI's bad systems. Oh well.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#11390 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

Thanks for posting I would have missed them completely

I envy you. It annoys me, and allows my barely-beneath-the-surface contempt for humanity to surface. It's hard enough already to stave off my homocidal impulses.

I've gotten really good as keeping those impulses at bay since I work retail. If I wasn't good at it I likely would have killed a lot of people by now...
Posted Image

#11391 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

Haven't seen that posted, thanks for the tip. Looks like it's not even up in the Steam store yet.

No game hub either.

Ditto on the cheers to sunghost!
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#11392 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Uplay is frelling horrible. I had to install it and sign up when I tried Driver: SF, for no apparent reason. It tried to take over everything, offering me functionality I had no use for. Wow, a store! Look, you can have friends on Uplay! And it runs all the time? Terrific!

I know UBISofts DRM has been discussed to death, but this was my first experience with it. I don't even care about DRM usually, I was just frustrated as a paying customer to have to use such an invasive and clunky program.
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#11393 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

To those who played/play Binary Domain with a 360 controller, how did you map the buttons on the controller since the triggers don't register? Right now I'm using the bumpers...not that great

Not sure what you mean. I used a 360 controller when I played Binary Domain and the triggers worked fine for me.

#11394 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

Not sure what you mean. I used a 360 controller when I played Binary Domain and the triggers worked fine for me.

For me they controlled the camera and when I tried to map them to Aim/Fire it doesn't work. Fire was the start button. Apparently this is a big issue

http://www.the72pins...me-to-play-you/

Also I had to change a part of the User.CFG file to my graphics card name because it wouldn't read it

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#11395 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

For me they controlled the camera and when I tried to map them to Aim/Fire it doesn't work. Fire was the start button. Apparently this is a big issue

http://www.the72pins...me-to-play-you/

Also I had to change a part of the User.CFG file to my graphics card name because it wouldn't read it

Weird, sorry I can't offer any help then. Never had any issues with it.

#11396 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

Oh no, I've actually made progress in reducing my backlog in the last couple months by beating more Steam games than I bought. Oh the horror!

fs_overall.png

#11397 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Weird, sorry I can't offer any help then. Never had any issues with it.

It's cool, thanks. like the article I posted ranted, he was using a 3rd party controller and so am I. I think that might be the issue so I'm gonna give the regular 360 controller a go. Still BS

Posted Image

#11398 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

And to think that it was only yesterday that they told me that the game wasn't on Steam yet. (After which I pointed out IndieGameStand.) :)

#11399 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

Why doesn't someone update the OP? Don't any of you have time to update the OP? I can't update the OP because I don't have time to update the OP. I hate you all....

:booty:

I can't because I'm lactose intolerant.

Have: these codes
Want: 1 Billion dollars:lol:

Also, Steam keys should start showing up on Humblebundle.com.

http://cloud-2.steam...68.resizedimagePosted Image
Greenlit!
November 30th, 2012 - geminiradio
We're very happy to announce that Waking Mars will be coming to Steam thanks to the amazing support of the Greenlight community!

This is a huge day for us. As a small, fully-independent developer, being able to sell our game through Steam to a wide audience of gamers is a significant event for our business. Thanks so much to everybody who voted for us!

ABOUT STEAM KEYS

We've been asked a lot about Steam keys for people who have already bought the game. If you already purchased the game through the Humble Bundle you WILL receive Steam keys. We can also get you a Steam key down the road if you purchase the game for PC, Mac, or Linux through our website, which you can do right now at this address:

http://www.tigerstylegames.com/wakingmars/buy-now
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#11400 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

Thanks, all worked.

I didn't have a problem with Binary Domain, but this problem with triggers working the camera sometimes happens with the older Assassin's Creed games also. There's some kind of config file that you put into a folder that fixes it for AC.