Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#11491 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

They really should have used a spelling alphabet (i.e. Charlie, Alpha, Golf)

For my first job I had to learn that alphabet as people I spoke to on the phone didn't understand my particular twang of the Yorkshire accent.

Boring but true story.

#11492 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

For my first job I had to learn that alphabet as people I spoke to on the phone didn't understand my particular twang of the Yorkshire accent.

Boring but true story.

Posted Image

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#11493 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

Did you try any invalid codes before getting the new error message?

Yes I did.

#11494 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Quite literally Red Faction Armageddon's DLC isn't even worth the effort to copy and paste it. It's terrible. The game itself is competent but the DLC is such watery drek.

Hell, it damn sure isn't worth the unending freeze Steam does when you try to redeem a code.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#11495 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Anyone who uses Raptor and has MTG: Duels of the Planeswalkers, don't forget to grab your free expansion deck.

http://raptr.com/rew...ng-planeswalker

Just to clarify, if you own last year's game you get a code for a DLC for this year's game, which you may or may not already own.

I grabbed the DLC but I am waiting for the basic Magic 2013 to get on a cheaper sale.

#11496 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Vice City is back! Put your worries aside.

http://store.steampo....com/app/12110/

#11497 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Sweet!
Now we need GTA5 PC and for Rockstar to develop a true-blue Vice City 2.

#11498 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

If you bought the Amnesia Fortnight bundle they just added 3 Brazen keys to give out.

#11499 kjs7

kjs7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Hotline Miami is finally mine

76561197994095328.png

#11500 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Hotline Miami is finally mine

That game's awesome.
And its soundtrack, too.

#11501 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

I thought it was single-player only?

TQ is a great co-op experience! 2-6 players in one server!

Woo hoo! :applause:

Steam backlog be damned! I'm about to play Asura's Wrath :ps3: I rented from Gamefly.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11502 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Or not. I'm getting an odd error when I enter the valid codes. Not invalid, not used, just "An Unexpected Error has occurred."

I would be careful with this one, it's totally locked my account from accepting valid codes. I tried entering a couple then got an odd message saying purchase error so I stopped. Now when I try activating my new Humble keys I get the same error.

#11503 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Spoiler

Tiger_Driver.png

Spoiler

#11504 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Titan Quest

Thanks.

And now every code from that "tape" says invalid even though that Titan Quest one works. Odd.

#11505 Cloulien

Cloulien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

If you bought the Amnesia Fortnight bundle they just added 3 Brazen keys to give out.

If anyone is planning on giving their extra keys away I would greatly appreciate one as I could not afford to beat the average on this one even though I wanted to. I hate being a broke college student in November and December :cry:.

Thank you Dr Sasquatch. I greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Cloulien, 07 December 2012 - 01:49 AM.
Recieved Code

Games I Have For Sale/Trade:

Spoiler

Private Message me or add me on steam for more information if you are interested
gallery_474050_8161_38387.jpggallery_474050_8161_119930.jpg

#11506 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

If anyone is planning on giving their extra keys away I would greatly appreciate one as I could not afford to beat the average on this one even though I wanted to. I hate being a broke college student in November and December :cry:.

PM sent.

#11507 Cloulien

Cloulien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

PM sent.

Thank you Dr Sasquatch. I greatly appreciate it.

Games I Have For Sale/Trade:

Spoiler

Private Message me or add me on steam for more information if you are interested
gallery_474050_8161_38387.jpggallery_474050_8161_119930.jpg

#11508 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

Anyone still interested in a Brazen Prototype key?

:)

:drool:

:bouncy:

#11509 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

OMG @ this rumor.

#11510 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

OMG @ this rumor.

Yeah well don't get your hopes up because FF7 PC appeared in the registry a year ago and look what happened with that.

Also, who owns the rights to it now? Beamdog? If so they are not very Steam friendly...:bomb:

Actually, I wish someone would remake it along the lines of Diablo 3 in terms of visuals (not gameplay or DRM just the way it looks).

#11511 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

OMG THE LEGACY OF KAIN SERIES IS ON STEAM NOW!!!!!
WOHOOOOO!
I predicted this would happen after I saw the old tomb raider games get added, since theyre from the same developer.

good job steam. good job
A+
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#11512 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Yeah well don't get your hopes up because FF7 PC appeared in the registry a year ago and look what happened with that.

Also, who owns the rights to it now? Beamdog? If so they are not very Steam friendly...:bomb:

Actually, I wish someone would remake it along the lines of Diablo 3 in terms of visuals (not gameplay or DRM just the way it looks).

I already own PST from Retail (3-CD).
So, I don't need it.
But, this might be great news for gamers who <3 Steam.

Also, PST is already for digital sale on GOG.
Hasbro published it there.

Also, there's a high-res mod out there for PST (and other Infinite Engine games), to increase the resolution.

#11513 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

I got in on GoG's 10-game sale on D&D games for $30 this year, so I'm set as far as those titles are concerned. I could see myself buying a remake of PST, though.

#11514 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

OMG THE LEGACY OF KAIN SERIES IS ON STEAM NOW!!!!!
WOHOOOOO!
I predicted this would happen after I saw the old tomb raider games get added, since theyre from the same developer.

good job steam. good job
A+

Crystal Dynamics didn't develop the old Tomb Raider games that were just added. They've only done the last couple of games.

#11515 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

I already have those D&D Games on GOG but I would buy them again if they hit Steam, particularly on a sale. The less loose DRM free and otherwise non-Steam stuff I have the better because they tend to get ignored and forgotten by me, out of sight out of mind and all that.

I would have bought Baldur's again if it were on Steam too but their loss. I may still get the Android version though, I'll see.

On a completely unrelated note, how the hell do I already have Red Faction? It's not even a game I would buy. Was there some other THQ indie bundle I forgot about?

#11516 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

Also, PST is already for digital sale on GOG.
Hasbro published it there.

Also, there's a high-res mod out there for PST (and other Infinite Engine games), to increase the resolution.

I would point one at the $20 D&D Anthology on GG I picked this up in Feb for ~$7. It's DRM FREE.

Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions [Average Metacritic: 91%] “…reigns supreme over every RPG currently available, and sets new standards for those to come“ – PC Gamer Developer: Bioware

Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions [Average Metacritic 85%] “Once in a while, a game comes along that completely takes over your life. “ – IGN

Planescape: Torment [Metacritic 91%] “Is it possible for a computer game to have the intellectual heft and emotional impact of a good book while remaining as captivating as a well-paced film? If so, the first candidate may well be Planescape: Torment. . “ – New York Times

The Temple of Elemental Evil [Metacritic 71%] “A rock-solid RPG that faithfully re-creates a classic adventure.“ – Gamespy

I already have those D&D Games on GOG but I would buy them again if they hit Steam, particularly on a sale. The less loose DRM free and otherwise non-Steam stuff I have the better because they tend to get ignored and forgotten by me, out of sight out of mind and all that.

I would have bought Baldur's again if it were on Steam too but their loss. I may still get the Android version though, I'll see.

On a completely unrelated note, how the hell do I already have Red Faction? It's not even a game I would buy. Was there some other THQ indie bundle I forgot about?

Amazon THQ Bundle?

#11517 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

Crystal Dynamics didn't develop the old Tomb Raider games that were just added. They've only done the last couple of games.

Core Design did the TR's up to TR: Angel of Darkness.
TR: Legend was Crystal's first TR game.

#11518 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

I would point one at the $20 D&D Anthology on GG I picked this up in Feb for ~$7. It's DRM FREE.

Only game I'm missing there is BG1: TOTSC Expansion.
I own everything else.
And that collection is EASILY worth the $7 you paid for it.

#11519 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

i honestly dont care. im just glad theyre on steam. I always wanted to play the PS2 sequels. I only played blood omen and soul reaver 1. both were great.
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#11520 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Amazon THQ Bundle?

Never mind, I figured it out. I thought Red Faction: Armageddon (the base game) was added as a bonus but it was there from the get go and it's the DLC that's the bonus.

I guess it helps to read things properly sometimes. :-P