Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#121 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

I don't know what ELSE to talk about though... I'm not spending money on DS because I hear NOTHING good about it (that wasn't better on a console).

I will ask... how can I find if someone would have copies of HL/HL2 for Steam they'd be willing to sell or trade? I know I've seen the half-life complete stuff on sale but I really don't remember it on the Summer Sale but I've been debating finally trying the series.

#122 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

I don't know what ELSE to talk about though... I'm not spending money on DS because I hear NOTHING good about it (that wasn't better on a console).

I will ask... how can I find if someone would have copies of HL/HL2 for Steam they'd be willing to sell or trade? I know I've seen the half-life complete stuff on sale but I really don't remember it on the Summer Sale but I've been debating finally trying the series.

trading forum

steam trade thread

#123 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

Oh I agree all this stuff so far is like DUH why the hell didn't you have this in the first place, but I guess for them it's a big deal. Posted Image

The group forums thing looks nice; better than trying to hold a conversation via comments. The rest didn't move me much either way.

#124 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

The new Humble Android Bundle 3's contents have been revealed in the Steam registry:

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/cdr/6335

Uplink
BIT.TRIP.BEAT
Spacechem
FieldRunners

BTA
Spirits

#125 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

iPad has had that for quite a while now.

You know what Android DOES have quite a few of? Hacks, Viruses, Keyloggers, and the like.

Android is AWESOME. /s

I know. I don't have one of them there iThingies. I do have a Nook Color w/CM7 and a Nexus 7 on pre-order (still waiting -- it was a good deal). Seven inch tablets fit in all my purses (this is a big big plus). That and I'd always choose my MacBook Air over a 10 incher.

Honestly I've never had a problem with malware on Android, but I don't go installing software like Angry Birdzzz all willy nilly (though I have ~100 apps). I tend to use it for web, reference materials, videos, and the occasional game.

#126 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

Too strong of a statement imo. Admittedly the HIB Android releases haven't hit that wow factor. But there are other releases that have their fanbase, Final Fantasy 1, Final Fantasy III (based on the NDS remake). I am personally looking forward to the upcoming port of The Bard's Tale (2004 version) to Android.

But that's the thing. Those are all ports, and I don't even care for JRPGs to begin with. Bard's Tale was raucously entertaining but it was a middling hack and slash that would be awful on virtual sticks.

I mean, on Ios, if we're counting really good games, that number is quite small. Android is almost by definition going to have a much smaller number.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#127 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

But that's the thing. Those are all ports, and I don't even care for JRPGs to begin with. Bard's Tale was raucously entertaining but it was a middling hack and slash that would be awful on virtual sticks.

I mean, on Ios, if we're counting really good games, that number is quite small. Android is almost by definition going to have a much smaller number.

He might have been an admiral, a sultan, or a king
And to his praises we shall always sing
Look what he has done for us, he's filled us up with cheer
Lord bless Charlie Mops,
The man who invented beer
Posted Image

#128 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

So, uh, about those disabled Asian women...

#129 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

A new thread already? Dang, I wasn't even close to being caught up on the old one!

#130 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

The new Humble Android Bundle 3's contents have been revealed

I'm feeling depressingly under whelmed already. :cold: On the bright side, those without a Google Portable World Domination Device (GPWDD) won't feel too left out.

#131 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

That happens to me sometimes too. Usually I restart Steam and find I have a ton of pop-up Steam ads awaiting (today there were 9). It's like it chokes Steam or something....

Also, with the new Steam features stuff and the TF2 MvM coop going live soon, I wouldn't be surprised if there's even more downtime imminent.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#132 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

I agree, but so far very few developers are willing to commit medium/significant resources to phone/tablet game, and if they are hitting any platforms makes good business sense. That's why I like ports, games that had been given a nice level of development resources. Emulators count in that too (though are less point-and-drool in setup).

#133 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

a Google Portable World Domination Device (GPWDD)

Posted Image

#134 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

This

For the enthusiasts for the show Parking Wars, imagine getting to tow away all those jerks clogging up your city streets.

fs_overall.png

#135 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

Make it bounce! MAKE IT BOUNCE!!! :bouncy:

Google Portable World Domination Device (GPWDD)

Posted Image

#136 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

Otherwise I'm going to have to start talking about fetishes for handicapped Asian women to deflect the conversation. :-P

So, uh, about those disabled Asian women...

I swear one page of posts and you guys just can't let it go :booty:

It is like this is your first time witnessing a bored Sociology undergrad =p

From now on I am just going to talk about Magicka, Magicka as the weekend sale of course :hot:

The new Humble Android Bundle 3's contents have been revealed in the Steam registry:

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/cdr/6335

Uplink
BIT.TRIP.BEAT
Spacechem
FieldRunners

BTA
Spirits

I wonder if they'll run on Kindle Fire or if i'll have to drop box them...Poor little Fire noone ever develops for it :cry:

So when's the next Magicka sale? Still don't own it. :lol:

It's free to play this weekend and 75% off. Sad thing is I am tottaly guessing but the likely hood is 35% or so. 8-)
Posted Image

#137 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

I swear one page of posts and you guys just can't let it go :booty:

From now on I am just going to talk about Magicka, Magicka as the weekend sale of course :hot:

#138 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

So how about the 1C bundle from Amazon that is coming soon for $14.99 (almost identical to the Gamersgate Bundle, but they will have an option for steam keys!

#139 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

Brace yourself, you may be in for a bit of a shock. Welcome to 2012. The Olympics are over. Steam is being challenged in sales by a handful of upstarts in the Digital Download market. The apocalypse hasn't happened (yet).

In other news forum goers on CAG have discovered 2010 man.

#140 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

So how about the 1C bundle from Amazon that is coming soon for $14.99 (almost identical to the Gamersgate Bundle, but they will have an option for steam keys!

Sad thing is I paid like 38ish during the sale just for kings bounty and the death to spies bundles with necrovision and cryostatis :wall: This is why buying a ton of games ahead of time is a bad idea.
Posted Image

#141 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

It's yummy. (Even though I own more than a handful of them.)

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=8601

#142 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

Sad thing is I paid like 38ish during the sale just for kings bounty and the death to spies bundles with necrovision and cryostatis :wall: This is why buying a ton of games ahead of time is a bad idea.

It's yummy. (Even though I own more than a handful of them.)

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=8601

I'll have to be honest, I'm tempted to double dip at that price. I paid $21 for the Gamersgate bundle. $1.27 for Indie Gala 7. $14.99 more would still put me under $40 for the bundle.

#143 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

>,< I know what you mean. It made me regret my indiegala purchase (Death to Spies & Big Rig). I don't feel as bad about picking up King's Bounty Platinum for $5 on Amazon a few months back. And a couple things from Paradox/Pint-sized Paradox pack (Amazon).

On the bright side, check the bottom of that post Tony is saying individual steam keys.

#144 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

Bought on gamersgate, still haven't touched any of the games. I will still buy a copy or two of this, one for me, one for gifting purposes.

#145 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

>,< I know what you mean. It made me regret my indiegala purchase (Death to Spies & Big Rig). I don't feel as bad about picking up King's Bounty Platinum for $5 on Amazon a few months back.

On the bright side, check the bottom of that post Tony is saying individual steam keys.

You hear that? it is like a million steam gifts users all cried out as if their contributor level exploded :hot:
Posted Image

#146 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

You hear that? it is like a million steam gifts users all cried out as if their contributor level exploded :hot:

It's beautiful isn't it.

Full Disclosure: I'm totally with giving away/trading unwanted keys. Steamgifts has grown into something else. I doubt I'll ever register.

@CheapLikeAFox
Oh, and I'm certain I'll double dip, if for no other reason for some of those racing games I could never bring myself to buy separately.

#147 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:33 AM

Kind of makes the Indie Gala 7 a waste of money. You know, the whole $2 or less that most of us paid for it. :-P

Oh, and I'm certain I'll double dip, if for no other reason for some of those racing games I could never bring myself to buy separately.

There's still King of the Road on Gamersgate. ;)

#148 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

Great deal although I think I pretty much got most of the 1C stuff I wanted from the Gala. Space Rangers 2 is getting a remake with additional content soon so I'm putting that off. Maybe I'd want the Star Wolf sequels but I heard those are pretty bad.

#149 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:43 AM

They announced scheduled downtime earlier today.

Ah, thanks. I probably read that it would be down and just let it slip my mind. They must be getting the servers ready for the summer sale. Anyone know when that kicks off?

#150 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:45 AM

Enough people paid me for my IG7 group buy with Amazon gift cards that I'll probably pick up the 1C bundle from Amazon and add it to the list of games I'll never play. Sleeping Dogs has been great which measn my backlog is just going to keep getting bigger.

That said, if the HIBA3 comes with Steam keys, I'm in for a dollar for Fieldrunners... otherwise I'll pass since I own the rest and don't game on my phone.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus