Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#1531 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

Max Payne 3
GTA IV Complete
$24.99 for the bundle!

Pardon my ignorance, but do you have a link? I checked on Amazon and in the PCDD thread but I couldn't find it.

630736.png

#1532 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

In for Lunar Flight at $2.50!

Looks interesting (mostly in that someone did a remake for the first time in decades). But I played enough of the original Lunar Lander -- vector graphics FTW! Apparently there is a free HTML5 canvas remake for those of you who didn't play the arcade or home microcomputer versions.

Ooh apparently there's a free Mars update coming shortly, there are more videos on the developers page. And Mac version. I'm sold! ^_^

#1533 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but do you have a link? I checked on Amazon and in the PCDD thread but I couldn't find it.

My bad! Jumped the gun on that one. It will be the Amazon Gold Box deal coming tomorrow (8/28) so this one is not live yet!

Edited by CheapLikeAFox, 27 August 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#1534 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

My bad! Jumped the gun on that one. It will be the Amazon Gold Box deal coming up soon (I think around labor day) so this one is not live yet!

It should be the Gold Box deal tomorrow. I'm not sure when that flips.

#1535 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

i think i can wait a year or 2 for max payne 3 and spec ops to become $5ish. Im actually trying to play my backlog now so it wouldnt be worth it for me to get them from amazon now. I hope the multiplayer isnt barren for max payne by the time i get around to getting it.
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#1536 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Usually midnight PDT, but sometimes it gets delayed.

#1537 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for the info, updated all my posts to reflect it.

#1538 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

Amazon has some pretty sweet sales on steam stuff right now

Thanks for the reminder! Completely forgot that Amazon was doing a sale for Labor Day. Glad they're going to be adding new stuff everyday.

Man I don't even know why I bother with SteamGifts anymore. I did one of those annoying puzzle/quiz form giveaways that someone posted in a chatroom. Only one person and I got in on the private giveaway and I still lost. "Oh why has art thou Coconut Queen forsaken thy luck since becometh a Brawny Gent?" Lol

Anyhow can't wait to get home from work and play more Guild Wars 2 - It's amazing!

#1539 QuantumTunnelRat

QuantumTunnelRat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

In memory of Neil Armstrong.

Posted Image

#1540 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

I've been eyeing Lunar Flight for a while now so the Daily Deal was just right for me. Yeah, good timing with Armstrong's passing and all.

76561197971332172.png

#1541 Khamous

Khamous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

So I kinda want DS:PtD, but I'm a CAG, so, anyone knows what's the best deal so far?

fs_pc.png

#1542 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

Sent you a message.

*Taps nose*

*Tugs ear*

*Wiggles eyebrows*

#1543 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

So I kinda want DS:PtD, but I'm a CAG, so, anyone knows what's the best deal so far?

Ditto. I'm waiting myself.

76561198014930049.png

#1544 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

I think GMG with the 20% off coupon.

#1545 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

Poor old Neil. I think 82 is a nice ripe old age to go at though. Good of Steam to give a little "shout out" like that.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1546 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Has anyone ever had a game disappear from the gifts area on their Steam account?

I bought Saints Row 3 Franchise pack during the Summer sale and I purchased it as a gift that I have not opened yet.

However, the game is no longer showing up in my gifts.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1547 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

Has anyone ever had a game disappear from the gifts area on their Steam account?

I bought Saints Row 3 Franchise pack during the Summer sale and I purchased it as a gift that I have not opened yet.

it doesnt have a pic, so it looks blank
click on the squares until you see it
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#1548 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Wow. Those are killer prices. I assume they all have Steam codes?

I assume the 08/28 goldbox deal is for tomorrow only - any idea how long the Spec Ops bundle is for?

Thanks for posting here.

Amazon has some pretty sweet sales on steam stuff right now:

Bioshock 1 and 2
Spec Ops
19.99 For this Bundle!

Darkness II 9.99

or

19.99 for:
Darkness II
Duke Nukem Forever
Borderlands GOTY

Also:
Coming tomorrow (8/28) goldbox deal all day long:

Max Payne 3
GTA IV Complete
$24.99 for the bundle!

#1549 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

Wow. Those are killer prices. I assume they all have Steam codes?

I assume the 08/28 goldbox deal is for tomorrow only - any idea how long the Spec Ops bundle is for?

Thanks for posting here.

You know, we haven't gotten an answer yet on how long these bundles will last. They are a part of the labor day sale that goes on through 9/9, but it says new deals added every day so I don't know. I would bite today if you are interested in them.

And yes, they all have Steam codes.

The caveat for tomorrow is that there will be a STEAM and a NON-STEAM version of the Max Payne bundle, so be sure you purchase the one you want.

#1550 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

Wow. Those are killer prices. I assume they all have Steam codes? I assume the 08/28 goldbox deal is for tomorrow only - any idea how long the Spec Ops bundle is for?

Steam has demos for The Darkness II, Spec Ops: The Line, & Bioshock, if that helps.

#1551 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

Steam has demos for The Darkness II, Spec Ops: The Line, & Bioshock, if that helps.

I will say this, I enjoyed the Darkness 2 a great deal, and from what I have played of spec ops, its going to be a great game.

#1552 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

Pretty excited to see a pop up because I had something new in my inventory. It turned out to be 50% off any Saints Row: The Third DLC. Really not useful since I purchased the Franchise pack when it $13.29 last month. Oh well, if anyone wants that coupon or a 75% off Portal 2 coupon, just quote this with which one you want and a link to your Steam ID.

*Portal 2 coupon is gone, but still giving away the Saints Row The Third DLC coupon if anyone wants it.

Edited by Sway, 28 August 2012 - 02:24 AM.

#1553 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

it doesnt have a pic, so it looks blank
click on the squares until you see it

Same thing happned to all the Franchise Packs I had in my inventory. You should still see a tiny tiny graphic in the top corner of the regular graphic square indicating that there should be a graphic there. All the gifts load into the inventory sequentially top-down,left to right. So, the square immediately to the right of the last graphic that loaded correctly will have your Saints Franchise Pack (the description still loads in the right box, even though the graphic doesn't show). I can tell you from experience (multiple times) that it has absolutely no effect on being able to gift it. Missing graphics happen with all the special stuff that doesn't have a page anymore after the Steam Sale it was featured in gets deleted and not on the store anymore.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#1554 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

Well, apparently Ubisoft has given up on getting my uPlay version of Driver up and running. Help consisted of repeating the generic installation help and getting system information from me. That's all.

Ubisoft can go suck it.
Posted Image

#1555 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

So I put about two or so hours into Sleeping Dogs. So I guess the best way to explain this is basically Grand Theft Auto mixed with a more modern Kung Fu movie because it has elements of almost parkour mixed in in areas.

I can't give a good review of the game yet but so far it's fun.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1556 QuantumTunnelRat

QuantumTunnelRat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

Pretty excited to see a pop up because I had something new in my inventory. It turned out to be 50% off any Saints Row: The Third DLC. Really not useful since I purchased the Franchise pack when it $13.29 last month. Oh well, if anyone wants that coupon or a 75% off Portal 2 coupon, just quote this with which one you want and a link to your Steam ID.

If you still have it I'll take the 75% off Portal 2 coupon.

http://steamcommunit...uantumtunnelrat

#1557 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

Off topic a bit but thought it was worth saying still.

So I had to download the new Gamefly client that is in beta to get my Guild Wars 2 key (I'm a weak weak man) and I have to say, the client is actually pretty impressive overall. Some stuff wasn't very clear, but I really liked how when I clicked on a game I owned and then clicked on the media tab it came up with videos and pictures of the game and had other peoples ratings of games, it is like how the Steam community beta should be in that regards at least imo.

Though I wont be using another client, at least this one didn't make me want to kick a kitten like origin just browsing around it.

#1558 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:38 AM

*Portal 2 coupon is gone, but still giving away the Saints Row The Third DLC coupon if anyone wants it.

How did you gift that Portal 2 coupon? I'm trying to give mine to my friend, but there's no option there.

#1559 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

How did you gift that Portal 2 coupon? I'm trying to give mine to my friend, but there's no option there.

You trade it to them via the steam trade window.

Also have x2 Portal 2 75% off coupons people can have if they want them.

#1560 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

I received a few coupons today...

1 x 75% Portal 2
1 x 50% off Saint's Row 3 DLC
1 x 50% Heroes of Might and Magic 6 DLC

I'm going to use the HoMM coupon but if anyone wants the other ones please let me know.