Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2311 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

Lone Survivor the combat was horrid which actually did cause me to stop playing. Also that and I don't like zombies in media.

I'm sorry, but it's been a long day, and I've spent nearly all of it speaking with non-native English speakers. How exactly then *do* you like zombies—if you ARE counting print as a medium, then I want to know where to travel to work on my hatchet skills.

Bought a key off here that originated from GMG. They ended up replacing the key a few weeks later and now my account says I own the game already but yet I cannot download the game (just stuck at 0%, Resume does nothing), it's not in my Library and the Store page shows I don't own the game.

To get it out of the way, you have unplugged and replugged in your Steam (restarted the program, deleted clientregistery.blob)? Sometimes that's a Steam cureall. If yes, then if it's not in your library and not on the store page, what are you clicking on to start the install?

Edited by dfg, 07 September 2012 - 02:56 AM.
braaaaaaaaaaiinnsssderp

¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2312 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

Am I the only one who had to Google FTL to know what people are talking about? (Faster Than Light, apparently.) I hadn't heard of it before today's discussion of it.

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea here, but there's a new Game Music Bundle out today and for the next week featuring soundtracks to iPhone games. The $1 minimum gets you five albums: HORN (by the composer from JOURNEY), Squids: Wild West, Puzzlejuice, Globulous, and Organ Trail: Director's Cut. $10 gets you seven more (plus an additional two if they hit sales milestones) including Wyv and Keep which I believe I recall from the Alpha Bundle on Indie Royale.

I've bought their past Game Music Bundles, but of these, the only one I've played was the prototypical Organ Trail, so this one doesn't look all the hot yet. If they add more along the line, I might consider it, or perhaps put in the dollar and see if I like at least one of them.

#2313 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

Doesn't that apply to every Steam sale ever?

No just the ones that affect me :lol:

Yeah, that's true in a way though I suppose I'm drawing a distinction in selling something dirt cheap (DLC) to new Trine 2 buyers and sticking it to anyone that already owns the game.

Giftable copies would have gone a long way towards easing the pain.

76561197971332172.png

#2314 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:02 AM

Doesn't that apply to every Steam sale ever?

For that reason, I have never purchased anything on Steam at full price. However, I "pay" in that I cannot get the game when it comes out, and I cannot participate in the release hype and discussion.

To me it is very different in a Steam sale. Fine, you offer X game for a low price during a Steam sale across the board. I might have paid 10X for the game, but it doesn't bother me because I was fine with the price when I paid for it and the sale price is across the board.

In this instance, they are saying "You supported us in the past? - Then you pay more for this game. You haven't supported us at all? - Great, we will give you an even bigger discount for some games."

I know technically it is a bundle and bundles are going to be cheaper than individual games, but the bundle basically gives you a 75% discount on everything, including the new DLC, but alone the DLC is only 15% off.

Am I the only one who had to Google FTL to know what people are talking about? (Faster Than Light, apparently.) I hadn't heard of it before today's discussion of it.

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea here, but there's a new Game Music Bundle out today and for the next week featuring soundtracks to iPhone games. The $1 minimum gets you five albums: HORN (by the composer from JOURNEY), Squids: Wild West, Puzzlejuice, Globulous, and Organ Trail: Director's Cut. $10 gets you seven more (plus an additional two if they hit sales milestones) including Wyv and Keep which I believe I recall from the Alpha Bundle on Indie Royale.

I've bought their past Game Music Bundles, but of these, the only one I've played was the prototypical Organ Trail, so this one doesn't look all the hot yet. If they add more along the line, I might consider it, or perhaps put in the dollar and see if I like at least one of them.

I had no clue what FTL was and felt super out of the loop since they were mentioning it like it was something big. Googled it, saw the site, then the hype died down. Not my type of game.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2315 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

Maybe I'm alone here, but I actually thought the combat in Lone Survivor worked pretty well. They kept it extremely simple, which seemed like the way to go. The combat system in Sword & Sworcery was just... odd.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2316 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

I thought the LS combat was functional but these sorts of horror games are all "THEIR SUPPOSED TO HAVE TERRIBLE COMBAT CUZ IT SYMBOLIZES HOW WEAK YOU ARE" a blah blah blah so anything better than utterly terrible is a rare prize from the genre.

Hard to give LS credit after those horrible endings. I drank all those buckets of water for THAT? Geez louise.

#2317 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:42 AM

I thought the LS combat was functional but these sorts of horror games are all "THEIR SUPPOSED TO HAVE TERRIBLE COMBAT CUZ IT SYMBOLIZES HOW WEAK YOU ARE" a blah blah blah so anything better than utterly terrible is a rare prize from the genre.

Hard to give LS credit after those horrible endings. I drank all those buckets of water for THAT? Geez louise.

Yeah, I think that's a common excuse for weak combat systems. I think Penumbra found a good mix between functional combat and keeping the clear idea that you're human and not a hack-n-slash warrior. You had to use your head too
Spoiler

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2318 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

I'm sorry, but it's been a long day, and I've spent nearly all of it speaking with non-native English speakers. How exactly then *do* you like zombies—if you ARE counting print as a medium, then I want to know where to travel to work on my hatchet skills.

Well I don't like zombies in anything, but I especially dislike the cramming of zombies into everything that seems to currently be happening. I probably could have phrased it better, so you can rest your hatchet. However I did feel I gave Lone Survivor a fair chance, spending an hour in it and getting to the basement.

Yeah, I think that's a common excuse for weak combat systems. I think Penumbra found a good mix between functional combat and keeping the clear idea that you're human and not a hack-n-slash warrior. You had to use your head too

Spoiler

OH CRAP THOSE DOGS

#2319 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:41 AM

OH CRAP THOSE DOGS

Have to admit, the first time I heard growling my heart started pumping and I hid like a sissy. >_>

bZ2g3eF.png

#2320 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:15 AM

Borderlands 2 Pre-Order 40% off, $36 with voucher from Green Man Gaming (activates on Steam)
Not sure how long this lasts...

http://www.greenmang...rderlands-2-na/

Enter voucher code GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G at checkout.
Posted Image

#2321 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Have been reading this thread since V3 and thought I'd make my first post.

This will be old news to some but Scribblenauts is coming to Steam and Trials Evolution is coming to PC (Steam not confirmed).

Only just played Scribblenauts yesterday on my friend's 3DS and enjoying it.

#2322 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

When did Crysis 2 become available on Steam? Wasn't that always an Origin-exclusive or initially on Steam then yanked? I've already got it on Origin via Amazon key, but just asking.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#2323 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

I don't remember seeing it come back. I do remember it being pulled though. :-k

fs_overall.png

#2324 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

When did Crysis 2 become available on Steam? Wasn't that always an Origin-exclusive or initially on Steam then yanked? I've already got it on Origin via Amazon key, but just asking.

It was never an Origin exclusive. I was sold though Steam when it was first released. It was pulled from the store a little bit over a year ago because of steam's policy regarding DLC. Once they released a GOTY edition with all the DLC included, it got re-added. I can't remember the exact day, but it's been about 3 months since it was put back on steam.

#2325 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Borderlands 2 Pre-Order 40% off, $36 with voucher from Green Man Gaming (activates on Steam)

Nice, still going to keep my 4-pack from Amazon (I am hosting) because my friends wont order from GMG for some reason. :bomb: I guess because it's international.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2326 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

It was never an Origin exclusive. I was sold though Steam when it was first released. It was pulled from the store a little bit over a year ago because of steam's policy regarding DLC. Once they released a GOTY edition with all the DLC included, it got re-added. I can't remember the exact day, but it's been about 3 months since it was put back on steam.

Yep, this is the deal. Notice that you can't buy a vanilla Crysis 2 on Steam, only the "maximum edition."

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#2327 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

Yep, this is the deal. Notice that you can't buy a vanilla Crysis 2 on Steam, only the "maximum edition."

Also, all the DRM has been stripped out. Not even EA's usual "one-time online activation" is there. DRM Free. :) At least Crysis 2 is. Can't say the same for the originals.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#2328 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Have been reading this thread since V3 and thought I'd make my first post.

Welcome to the thread! Please have your farm animal and offering of gold ready, initiation sacrifices are pencilled in for 12 noon.

#2329 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

Welcome to the thread! Please have your farm animal and offering of gold ready, initiation sacrifices are pencilled in for 12 noon.

Haha Is that noon GMT or EST?

#2330 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

I just bought Renegade Ops from Amazon and I knew it activated on Steam, but the code included both DLC's that are available (Coldstrike Campaign + Reinforcement) also. In fact the receipt from Steam after typing in the code said "Renegade Ops Retail + DLC". Just an FYI for you guys, cause $3.75 for $23 of content is insane. It was an awesome deal to get the base game for that let alone the whole package. Hell that's an awesome price if you already have the base game and wanted to just pick up the DLC.

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#2331 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Haha Is that noon GMT or EST?

Valve Time

76561197971332172.png

#2332 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2333 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

I just bought Renegade Ops from Amazon and I knew it activated on Steam, but the code included both DLC's that are available (Coldstrike Campaign + Reinforcement) also. In fact the receipt from Steam after typing in the code said "Renegade Ops Retail + DLC". Just an FYI for you guys, cause $3.75 for $23 of content is insane. It was an awesome deal to get the base game for that let alone the whole package. Hell that's an awesome price if you already have the base game and wanted to just pick up the DLC.

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Thanks for the heads up. I saw it on sale and was on the fence but hearing both dlcs came with it too for that price made it well worth it.

#2334 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

Gamersgate has the Trine Complete Collection for $8.74:

http://www.gamersgat...llection-bundle

Comes with Trine, Trine 2 (Shows collector's edition), and the new Trine 2 DLC.

From the looks of it you would get a key separately for Trine 2 and the DLC (Trine is DRM free so does NOT activate on Steam).

So with IGN discount it is even cheaper and if you can flip the Trine 2 key for $3 bucks or so you'd save a few bucks on the DLC.

#2335 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

Nice, still going to keep my 4-pack from Amazon (I am hosting) because my friends wont order from GMG for some reason. :bomb: I guess because it's international.

I was going to do a 4pack but I saw that deal and had to jump on it!
Posted Image

#2336 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

I popped on this - their description of pre-ordering says it includes the bonus items and bonus class. Now I'm kind of worried though, because the e-mail I got said I won't get the key until the day it comes out. How will Steam know that I pre-ordered it and give me the bonuses? Does anyone know?

#2337 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

I popped on this - their description of pre-ordering says it includes the bonus items and bonus class. Now I'm kind of worried though, because the e-mail I got said I won't get the key until the day it comes out. How will Steam know that I pre-ordered it and give me the bonuses? Does anyone know?

Steam probably has two different keys. One for preorder edition Borderlands 2 and one for Borderlands 2 regular edition.

When you enter your code from GMG, it will come up as preorder edition. If not Steam will know that your key is the preorder copy or GMG will give you a code for your preorder item bonuses.

When I bought Sleeping Dogs from GMG, it came up Sleeping Dogs, Digital Deluxe Edition.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2338 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Awesome, thanks. Really looking forward to it as I'm nearing the end of Borderlands 1 (first time through)

#2339 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Speaking of BL2 pre-orders. Does anyone know if any saved game unlocks these skins? Or do I need to get off my but and get a complete game save?

O wow, Gearbox lets people in the D/FW area focus test their games. Ugh, the're way up in NE Plano.

#2340 Santurio

Santurio

The Ladies' BodyGuard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Speaking of BL2 pre-orders. Does anyone know if any saved game unlocks these skins? Or do I need to get off my but and get a complete game save?

O wow, Gearbox lets people in the D/FW area focus test their games. Ugh, the're way up in NE Plano.

Nice!! May have to apply and see what happens.
Posted Image
Posted Image