Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2641 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

Midweek Madness is the Red Faction franchise at 75% off

http://store.steampo...d.com/sub/15630

Is Armageddon backlog worthy?

Logged over 7 hours into it and beat the story. Overall it was decent, the game was fun just got a little too repetitive. I bit on the game for $5 from amazon and I feel that is the price point for the game. If you pass on it now it will most likely hit this price again and again later on.

#2642 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Penny Arcade 3 review:
I just finished beating the game and the bonus boss. I played through the first game but got bored and never finished the second one; thankfully (for me), the third game plays NOTHING like the first two, and it's more similar to a classic SNES JRPG than anything else.

Well, that much most of you probably already knew. I was more impressed by how streamlined the entire game felt. Your party gains all its HP and items back after every battle, and all your "classes" (or jobs) gain experience as you play, even if you don't use them. The game heavily encourages experimentation and customization with its many classes, esp once each character can equip 3 classes at a time. The story isn't anything to write home about, though PA readers will probably get a kick by all the fan service and inside jokes. I felt the dialogue was a bit grating at times, but I still enjoyed the variety of the game's settings and parodies.

Overall, I quite enjoyed the 6 or so hours I played the game. I highly recommend it to people who grew up on 16bit JRPGs!
Posted Image

#2643 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

There's also a swedish bundle as the midweek madness.... nothing too great

Red Faction remains one of my favorite games all time but I have not played the newer ones.

Yeah the first one was a blast, throwing C4 on the enemies and watching them run around screaming until you detonate it, blasting holes through everything, and then 2 dropped geomod and it sucked, Guerilla brought back the distruction but only to the buildings and structures but not the ground, only played a bit of it but it just seemed odd compared to the freedom of the first.

#2644 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

http://www.rockpaper...tall-locations/
Instructions for setting up the new built in install location changer. Nice that they added this feature, especially for people with SSDs.

Sheesh, Steams going all EZ-Mode on us. Back in the day you didn't even get a choice of what you got to play.

Steam: Shall we play a game?
Me: Love to. How about Global Thermonuclear War?
Steam: Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of Half-Life 2?
Me: Later. Right now lets play Global Thermonuclear War.
Steam: Fine.
[Half-Life 2 Launches]

#2645 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

The first group of games has passed through Greenlight.
http://steamcommunit...557164209217868

Black Mesa
Cry of Fear
Dream
Heroes & Generals
Kenshi
McPixel
No More Room in Hell
Project Zomboid
Routine
Towns

#2646 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

Two zombie games :)

And now I wish I would have gotten the Alpha IR bundle since Towns made it.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2647 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

I wonder if I'll be getting my Steam key for Towns which apparently would be given if you purchased the Indie Royale "Alpha Bundle" half a year ago.

#2648 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

Two zombie games :)

And now I wish I would have gotten the Alpha IR bundle since Towns made it.

Did they make some guarantee it would be delivered via Steam if it did make it through the Greenlight process?

It's a fun little game. I managed to trade for that bundle ages ago.

76561198014930049.png

#2649 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Looks like people who bought over the weekend might be getting steam keys for McPixel then!

#2650 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

Did they make some guarantee it would be delivered via Steam if it did make it through the Greenlight process?

It's a fun little game. I managed to trade for that bundle ages ago.

Yeah, their greenlight page said you would get a steam key if you already owned it. Don't know what the cut off for it is though. Like if you could buy it now or what...

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2651 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

Greenlight links to the approved projects, since the site is a pain to navigate

Black Mesa (Source mod)
Cry of Fear (HL1 mod)
Dream
Heroes & Generals (f2p FPS MMO)
Kenshi
McPixel
No More Room in Hell (co-op zombie Source mod)
Project Zomboid
Routine
Towns

Pretty cool to see some mods in the mix even if they are pretty well-known already. Out of the whole group I think Routine looks pretty cool.
76561197996844513.png

#2652 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Yeah, their greenlight page said you would get a steam key if you already owned it. Don't know what the cut off for it is though. Like if you could buy it now or what...

Ah very nice. Wonder how they plan to distribute them.

76561198014930049.png

#2653 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

My notes indicate that of the Swedish Indie Bundle, only Dwarfs?! and Lucidity have not appeared in a mainstream indie bundle, and I think Puzzle Dimension was in another Steam Sales Event bundle (I can't find it on my Account Details page). So only 2/10 are "fresh". Bah humbug, or whatever that translates to in Svenska.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2654 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

My notes indicate that of the Swedish Indie Bundle, only Dwarfs?! and Lucidity have not appeared in a mainstream indie bundle, and I think Puzzle Dimension was in another Steam Sales Event bundle (I can't find it on my Account Details page). So only 2/10 are "fresh". Bah humbug, or whatever that translates to in Svenska.

Dwarfs was on the latest Be MIne bundle as a last minute goal
Posted Image

#2655 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

$3.75 with this voucher: GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G

I don't think it'll be cheaper anytime soon. If you don't have it yet, now is the best time to buy it.

And I have $3.74 in credit. :cry: I still haven't actually given them any money for my "purchases" due to the bit of credit I pick up now and then.

#2656 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

Dwarfs was on the latest Be MIne bundle as a last minute goal

Good catch. That uberthread on SPUF should be updated.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2657 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

26,379 36,485 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - Multiplayer

Yeah I just recently found the Steam stats page, thanks bruh. Its a small amount of players compared to XBL but still Top 10 played is pretty good. I'm just worried it'll die once BO2 comes out

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#2658 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

Just a heads up that I grabbed Quantum Conundrum on GMG and the key for it isn't showing up in my keys page.

First time I've had a problem with GMG. Awaiting a response from a support ticket.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2659 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

I don't think it'll be cheaper anytime soon. If you don't have it yet, now is the best time to buy it.

Awesome. Thanks

edit: not seeing my key either. smh

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#2660 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

Just a heads up that I grabbed Quantum Conundrum on GMG and the key for it isn't showing up in my keys page.

First time I've had a problem with GMG. Awaiting a response from a support ticket.

Maybe they ran out of keys?

#2661 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

Same thing happened with Metro 2033 during the summer sale. They just ran out of keys and they'll get more in a couple of days.

#2662 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

Same thing happened with Metro 2033 during the summer sale. They just ran out of keys and they'll get more in a couple of days.

Thanks. so basically jus wait, no need to email?

Posted Image

#2663 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:23 AM

Thanks. so basically jus wait, no need to email?

Lot's of people have reported the problem to them, I would just sit tight and wait, if you have not got it in a week, then send a ticket.

For the price, the wait is worth it.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#2664 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:23 AM

Maybe they ran out of keys?

I figured that was the case, but sent a ticket about it in anyways. Maybe it'll make them move faster.

Squeaky wheel gets the oil. :roll:

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2665 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Lot's of people have reported the problem to them, I would just sit tight and wait, if you have not got it in a week, then send a ticket.

For the price, the wait is worth it.

Yeah, definitely. Thanks. & dammit, shoulda signed up using the link in your sig! lmao

edit:

http://www.rockpaper...tall-locations/
Instructions for setting up the new built in install location changer. Nice that they added this feature, especially for people with SSDs.

Thanks for this too, I'll need to try it. Still need to install my SSD

Edited by MC Kage, 12 September 2012 - 01:13 AM.

Posted Image

#2666 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

Maybe it's worth to ask devs about putting the game on Greenlight?

Epic Games owns ChAIR so I'm pretty sure they could bypass the Greenlight route should they so desire. ;)

76561197971332172.png

#2667 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

Thank you for the code. I'm still debating whether or not I'll pick Quantum Conundrum up, but the thought of obtaining the game for less than $4 sounds amazing.

#2668 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

Apparently there is a new bundle seller coming on Sept 26th -
new bundles every 96 hours - something to watch I guess.

http://indiegamestand.com/

#2669 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

Grabbed Quantum Conundrum during my lunch break. Thanks for linking.

#2670 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

Apparently there is a new bundle seller coming on Sept 26th -
new bundles every 96 hours - something to watch I guess.

http://indiegamestand.com/

Hm, sounds promising. I wonder what the minimum "pay what you want" number is going to be though. Sounds too good to be true.

Chester looks interesting though and you get it for free when you sign up.

bZ2g3eF.png