Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12912 replies to this topic

#2701 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

I wouldn't expect zomboid to hit a bundle while still unfinished.

A few bundles now have been for Alpha/Beta builds so you never know.

76561198014930049.png

#2702 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Give it time. Sometimes it takes Indie Games forever to be indie bundled. I mean Super Meat Boy took about a year to get Humble Bundled.

I'm sure I've read that you're buying now at a lower price because it's still in Alpha. I paid £4.99 a few months ago.

I'd be surprised if they went the IR bundle route, I think they'll make enough cash on their own.

For what it's worth, I liked what I played but it's still very unfinished. I've basically forgotten about it until we get a nearly-finished build.

I wouldn't expect zomboid to hit a bundle while still unfinished.

A few bundles now have been for Alpha/Beta builds so you never know.

Well, IR had an Alpha bundle earlier this year and everyone though PZ would be in it, but it was not. I've been tempted to buy it for $7.99 several times from Desura but I don't really want to be messing with an unfinished alpha.

Anyone have a guess what MSRP for PZ might be when it gets on steam? I'm thinking no more than $29.99 which would put it at $7.50 for a 75% off sale. $19.99 might be closer to it though, which would then bring it to $5 if it goes 75%....

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#2703 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Well, IR had an Alpha bundle earlier this year and everyone though PZ would be in it, but it was not. I've been tempted to buy it for $7.99 several times from Desura but I don't really want to be messing with an unfinished alpha.

Anyone have a guess what MSRP for PZ might be when it gets on steam? I'm thinking no more than $29.99 which would put it at $7.50 for a 75% off sale. $19.99 might be closer to it though, which would then bring it to $5 if it goes 75%....

I don't think it will go over $20. I was thinking more in the $10-$15 range.

#2704 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

I don't think it will go over $20. I was thinking more in the $10-$15 range.

Yeah, I was expecting $10-$15. Just because of the graphics and whole point and clicky nature of it. Not that that's a bad thing, but I don't see the average consumer spending more than $15 on something that looks like it was made in 1998.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2705 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

As well as the Voxatron HiB were the only two alpha bundles I remember.

76561198014930049.png

#2706 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

I did buy mcpixel for 1.00 though...hopefully the dev hands out steam keys for it. I imagine he will

I wouldn't be so sure. He's a guy who names himself after his own game and charges $300 for it during a developer benefit event, "because he may" after all. Pretty hypocritical of him to even want his game on Steam after being in an event to boycott third-party distributor pricing.

#2707 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Ah, good ol' Voxatron. I don't expect that game will be released for another year or so. Oh well, at least I got Binding of Isaac in that 'bundle.' Also reminds me of Cortex Command that was in the first Humble Bundle like three years ago and is still in beta.

#2708 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

daily deal is Ragdoll Kungfu for $2.49

is it any good?

Hand__Of__God.png

#2709 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

is it any good?

If it's anything like the PSN version, it sucks.. I got it on PSN back when it was free.

#2710 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

F1 2012 is up for pre-purchase, with 10% off. This time there's a demo!

I wish they would offer more discount for owners of F1 2011.

#2711 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

is it any good?

It's horrible.

76561197971332172.png

#2712 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

Ragdoll Kung Fu STILL has "Level Editor (Coming Soon)" on it's main menu.

Definitely more gimmick than game. Bought in my foolish years of falling for crap like that

#2713 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

Ragdoll Kung Fu STILL has "Level Editor (Coming Soon)" on it's main menu.

Wow, that shit is hilarious! :D

#2714 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hitman Absolution Sniper Challenge Steam Key
http://www.famitsu.c.../09/_pccom.html
1. Enter your email.
2. Сonfirm.
3. Сheck out your inbox.
4. Click confirmation link.
5. Сheck out your inbox once again.
6. Enter the key on Steam.
7. Enjoy.

Btw. Any thoughts about Quantum Connundrum? Reviews are quite spreaded, so I would love to read what CAGs think about this game.

Well figures, it appears this was suppose to only be a "region specific" promotion (no duh :lol:) as the game is now Unavailable for me (still shows on my account but can't play or re-install)
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#2715 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

I wouldn't be so sure. He's a guy who names himself after his own game and charges $300 for it during a developer benefit event, "because he may" after all. Pretty hypocritical of him to even want his game on Steam after being in an event to boycott third-party distributor pricing.

It's not like he's the first guy to make an against-the-grain, egotistical joke. I can understand if it rubbed you the wrong way, but I don't think it's necessarily indicative of his character.

In fairness, he also offered his game for PWYW, and even gave permission to pirate it for free if you couldn't afford it or paypal wasn't available to you. He also welcomed postcards from fans of the game. Maybe he's trying to get the game on Steam for the fans rather than himself?

I haven't even played the game, or know much about him, but definitely respect the things I mentioned above.

He also stated (didn't promise) that if it's possible he will provide Steam keys to those who bought the game during his promotion (or anywhere - I think.)

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#2716 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Well figures, it appears this was suppose to only be a "region specific" promotion (no duh :lol:) as the game is now Unavailable for me (still shows on my account but can't play or re-install)

Just booted it up for the first time, works for me.

#2717 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

Just booted it up for the first time, works for me.

You used the code from Famitsu right?
Posted Image

#2718 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

I just checked mine and the same thing has happened to me #-o
Posted Image

#2719 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

You used the code from Famitsu right?

Yes I did.

#2720 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

Had to give in and install Origin for the first time to try out the FIFA 13 demo.
Of course, their download page was down when I needed it, but I eventually got the demo and then decided that I need to cancel my FIFA 13 pre-order.

This is a partial quote from the chat I’ve just had with their customer service:

Rahul S.: What is your Billing address and the date of birth?
you: Address: ______________
you: Date of birth: ___________
Rahul S.: I'm afraid but the date of birth provided by you is not matching with the date of birth stored in our database. Please provide me the correct date of birth.
you: There must be an error in your database
Rahul S.: No, our database is accurate.
you: Ok, there must have been an error when I was originally inputting my date of birth in your database, because it is ___________. Is there any other information you can use?
Rahul S.: Let me check.
Rahul S.: You have played FIFA 12?

By the end I managed to get the order cancelled and also learned this:

you: Ok. Could you please update my date of birth to the correct one as well? It's _________.
Rahul S.: The date of birth cannot be update on the account as there is no option available at our en.
you: I couldn't find this option on my end either. How is it possible to update it?
Rahul S.: The4 date of birth once registered it cannot be updated.

Seriously, EA? :) Needless to say, I’ll be uninstalling Origin this evening and I’ve had to send an email to them to request the deletion of my EA account. That's the only way to update one's birth date, apparently.

Not that their support is much better, but thank god for Steam and this thread!

#2721 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

Damn mine was removed too. Got my enjoyment out of it though. A nice little distraction at best.

76561198014930049.png

#2722 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

Yes I did.

Weird. Oh well at least I got to play 20 minutes of it and that was more than enough for me.

It's unfortunate that IO is going the "pre-order" exclusive route with this specific promo (at least that's according to their FAQ)
Posted Image

#2723 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

So I finally tested out Big Picture and I think it has been executed very well so far. I used a PS3 controller and it was very easy to setup. I am looking forward to seeing what improvements are going to be made on top of this.

fs_overall.png

#2724 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Aw dammit. I didn't get to play mine last night. I hope mine doesn't get disabled before I get it downloaded but if it would that would be just my luck

#2725 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Had to give in and install Origin for the first time to try out the FIFA 13 demo.
Of course, their download page was down when I needed it, but I eventually got the demo and then decided that I need to cancel my FIFA 13 pre-order.

This is a partial quote from the chat I’ve just had with their customer service:

By the end I managed to get the order cancelled and also learned this:

Seriously, EA? :) Needless to say, I’ll be uninstalling Origin this evening and I’ve had to send an email to them to request the deletion of my EA account. That's the only way to update one's birth date, apparently.

Not that their support is much better, but thank god for Steam and this thread!

Out of curiousity did you use a fake B-day when you signed up to try to get an origin B-day coupon?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#2726 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Out of curiousity did you use a fake B-day when you signed up to try to get an origin B-day coupon?

Nope, haven't even heard of this coupon. It says I've signed up in 2008, probably on a console. Older EA account and Origin are the same thing, right?

#2727 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

So Groupees Build a Bundle 3 has SOTMC. Discuss.
http://groupees.com/bab3

#2728 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Nope, haven't even heard of this coupon. It says I've signed up in 2008, probably on a console. Older EA account and Origin are the same thing, right?

Ah, cool. I was just wondering since a ton of people made accounts to try to get a coupon. There used to be a way to get them pretty regularly.

And yes, your old EA account got converted to Origin. I know because I ordered Dead Space from them a long time ago and then it got turned into an Origin account.

Groupees BAB 3 looks great to me :)

More people could use Secret of the Magic Crystals :)

#2729 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

So Groupees Build a Bundle 3 has SOTMC. Discuss.
http://groupees.com/bab3

What exactly do you suggest we discuss? The discussion on this happened back during the summer sale along with the Coconut Queen discussion.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#2730 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

It gets even better. This is the email I sent to EA asking to delete my account and explaining the issue:

I've recently had a problem when I contacted Origin customer service over chat and they couldn't confirm my birth date. Apparently, the one you have on file is wrong and I've been told that the date of birth cannot be updated once registered. Therefore, I'd like to request the cancellation of my account (____________).

This is their response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Privacy Policy Administration.

To assist you further with this issue, we will need some information. Please provide us the following information: -

Account name which needs to be deleted / removed -
Date of Birth listed on your account-
Zip code -

With this information we will be able to assist you in better manner. Please do let me know if you have further issues.

Thank you,
Mukesh N
EA PRIVACY POLICY ADMINISTRATION

I should mention that during the original chat they refused to give me the date of birth that was on my account.

Edited by g6grim, 12 September 2012 - 07:45 PM.