Gamestop B2G1F This Weekend

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#91 GamerSavage

GamerSavage

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

I haven't gotten this email either, I live in ABQ. I don't know if any of the Gamestop stores near the two Best Buy stores are having this sale. On the east side of town GS it at Eubank and BB is at Hotel Circle (across the freeway from each other). On the west side GS is in Cottonwood Mall at Coors Bypass and BB is at Ellison Rd (a few miles from each other).

#92 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:33 AM

my email sent me too a GS that WASN'T having the sell.
Westgate Marketplace
Oklahoma City OK
(405) 787-1099

#93 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

Is this still going on tomorrow? I couldnt make it out today.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#94 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

Is this still going on tomorrow? I couldnt make it out today.

My understanding it was for the entire weekend so you should be good.

#95 missingno81

missingno81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

No, fucking up on socal customers! I haven't received an email also.

So far every Gamestop within 5 miles from me has this sale, I talked to one of the workers and they said it might just be for the regular free members. WTF?

#96 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

Got the email for the sale. Unfortunately, it's 700 milles away from me in Brooklyn, NY
Posted Image

#97 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:31 AM

For what it's worth, the girl at gamestop said this sale was due to their proximity to Best Buy (across the freeway) and that they would be having it every weekend till some point that i don't really remember. I think she said the end of the year but that somehow doesn't make sense.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#98 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:39 AM

Bought two copies of Madden 13, two copies of Skyrim, a copy of sleeping dogs and a copy of spec ops the line. Turned 165.21 into 216.30, not too bad.

#99 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

I'm going to get 3 DS3s and trade 2 back in. DS3 for < $2.

#100 AllFrankedUp

AllFrankedUp

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

Houston????

648665.png

#101 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

Anything for Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area? I haven't gotten an email.

Currently Playing:
:pc: Titanfall
:psp: nothing

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

#102 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

I got an email. Not every store by a best buy is having the sale. It seems like Illinois is 1 store per district based on what is posted. I believe they are the store with the lowest sales numbers as well.

#103 mabuhay13

mabuhay13

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

To all the people asking about stores that are having the sale, including myself, I would just call stores and ask. No one here seems to be willing to share their email list....

#104 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

Hmm..:-k

I might do this since I got the email and will be near the store anyways.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#105 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

I got an email. Not every store by a best buy is having the sale. It seems like Illinois is 1 store per district based on what is posted. I believe they are the store with the lowest sales numbers as well.

True. Some that are closer to BBs than the others doing it are not doing it.

To all the people asking about stores that are having the sale, including myself, I would just call stores and ask. No one here seems to be willing to share their email list....

What are you talking about? The first few pages are filled with folks sharing the locations they received in their e-mails.

#106 mabuhay13

mabuhay13

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

I am talking about the info inside the email, since I didn't receive one. And not just a specific location that is nowhere near me. You can't be that stupid...right?

#107 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

True. Some that are closer to BBs than the others doing it are not doing it.

What are you talking about? The first few pages are filled with folks sharing the locations they received in their e-mails.

The only gs near me doing a b2g1 is in the same shopping center as a best buy.

It's interesting a couple people are saying their gs is close to bb. I wonder if gs is actually smart enough to do that on purpose to compete with bb.

#108 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

I am talking about the info inside the email, since I didn't receive one. And not just a specific location that is nowhere near me. You can't be that stupid...right?

No one has a complete list so how can they share it. I'm sure posting of the specific locations were helpful to people in those area who did not receive the e-mails.

#109 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

The only gs near me doing a b2g1 is in the same shopping center as a best buy.

It's interesting a couple people are saying their gs is close to bb. I wonder if gs is actually smart enough to do that on purpose to compete with bb.

Yes, that was GS' intention. Has been going on for a while.

#110 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

I got a mail saying that a Gamestop in California is doing the sale.

I live in Florida =_=

#111 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

I got a mail saying that a Gamestop in California is doing the sale.

I live in Florida =_=

Close enough.

#112 Bullitt24

Bullitt24

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

I got the same email saying its only for a certain store. Got some good games.

#113 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:57 AM

Slightly off-topic here:

I guess I haven't paid enough attention lately, but do all Gamestops have their used DS/3DS games cartridge only now? Sans cases/manuals?

#114 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:00 AM

Slightly off-topic here:

I guess I haven't paid enough attention lately, but do all Gamestops have their used DS/3DS games cartridge only now? Sans cases/manuals?

Unfortunately

#115 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

Slightly off-topic here:

DS games, mostly all cartridge only. 3DS should have cases (maybe on manuals).

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#116 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:08 AM

So this is over?

I did this at the Downey, CA store. Was thinking of going back.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#117 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

So this is over?

I did this at the Downey, CA store. Was thinking of going back.

Was this weekend only, so it ended today @ closing.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#118 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:17 AM

Was this weekend only, so it ended today @ closing.

Too bad, only store even remotely near me doing the sale. They were out of most games I wanted, but wanted to check it out again to be sure.

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#119 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

Slightly off-topic here:

It probably depends on the size of the store. My two closest Gamestops still have cases for DS, 3DS, and PS2 games (even the <$2 ones), but I've been to plenty that have trashed their DS cases. Never seen a store sell 3DS games cartridge-only.

Too bad, only store even remotely near me doing the sale. They were out of most games I wanted, but wanted to check it out again to be sure.

FWIW, when I was asking the employee at my local Gamestop whether or not they were participating in the deal (nope), he said that this deal wasn't really planned ahead of time and was more of a reaction to Best Buy's sales. He also said they were going to do something similar each weekend the rest of the year, though I don't know if that can really be believed.

#120 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:33 AM

It probably depends on the size of the store. My two closest Gamestops still have cases for DS, 3DS, and PS2 games (even the <$2 ones), but I've been to plenty that have trashed their DS cases. Never seen a store sell 3DS games cartridge-only.

FWIW, when I was asking the employee at my local Gamestop whether or not they were participating in the deal (nope), he said that this deal wasn't really planned ahead of time and was more of a reaction to Best Buy's sales. He also said they were going to do something similar each weekend the rest of the year, though I don't know if that can really be believed.

When I asked if any other stores were doing the sale the manager said that only very high volume stores were doing it. They said it had nothing to do with bestbuy being near by since their beef with them is their trad in values with the 100%.

I dont know if I believe that, but since none of the other gamestops that are right next to bestbuys were doing the sale near me I dont really get the best buy explanation.