Gamestop PS2 Rumor Sale

• Please log in to reply
525 replies to this topic

#331 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Did anyone return and rebuy the games they bought for 5/$1 recently to save some more $ because of this new promotion?

#332 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

Did anyone return and rebuy the games they bought for 5/$1 recently to save some more $ because of this new promotion?

I may be cheap, but that is really fucking cheap.

The dudes I talked to at Gamestop were just tired of the sale, best part was that they have been taking $2 or $3 worth of crap sports games every night to the Best Buy across the street to swap...Best Buy guy does the same thing...

I figure the employees may be asses about it, depends on how much you go in and how well they know you though.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#333 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

The prices will drop again. They're aiming to move the titles that aren't moving right now. My Gamestop is full of great titles, but they are not for sale. I'd love to clean out their stock of Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts.

#334 jubeininja69

jubeininja69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

have you guys tried exchanging the discs? apparently some employees don't know how to do the exchange in their systems. i had to show them how.

#335 iast

iast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

The prices will drop again. They're aiming to move the titles that aren't moving right now. My Gamestop is full of great titles, but they are not for sale. I'd love to clean out their stock of Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts.

Yeah, either lowering the prices or extending something like the B2G2 to higher-priced games is the next logical step. They're gonna find some way to get people to take them off their hands one way or another.

#336 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

I may be cheap, but that is really fucking cheap.

The dudes I talked to at Gamestop were just tired of the sale, best part was that they have been taking $2 or $3 worth of crap sports games every night to the Best Buy across the street to swap...Best Buy guy does the same thing...

I figure the employees may be asses about it, depends on how much you go in and how well they know you though.

Well, I read some were able to find and buy alot of 99 cent games. For these individuals, returning and rebuying may be worth the time.

#337 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

I would it funny if Gamestop wasn't able to sell their entire stock and would have to keep it until the games were considered Vintage or Rare. Just like what they're planning to do with the old games they had kept for so long. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#338 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

I'd be blowing more than $3 in gas to get back to the GS where I got my games, so that's a big no on rebuying.

#339 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

Stopped at an out of the way store tonight. Slim pickings, but still managed to find:

10/$1
Choro Q
Lethal Skies II
Stolen
Hidden Invasion
Hunter The Reconing: Wayward
Eve of Extinction
Top Gear Daredevil
HSX: HyperSonicXtreme
Freestyle
Sno Cross 2

And what I thought was B2G2:
Stuntman Ignition ($1.79 PUR)
My Street ($1.79 PUR)
Space Race (tagged $2.99 rang up as $.09 PUR)
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (tagged $2.99 rang up as $.09 PUR)

On top of that, I found a complete copy of Romancing Saga for $5.39 PUR.

Out the door with all of the above for $10.56 including tax.

There was also a copy of Disgaea for $15. I passed because I already have a copy, but it reminded me to start making a list for the stuff I still want to get. Once these are no longer available at GS, it will be a crapshoot finding them anywhere except ebay.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#340 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

Yeah, either lowering the prices or extending something like the B2G2 to higher-priced games is the next logical step. They're gonna find some way to get people to take them off their hands one way or another.

The flea market folk have done cleaned out the cheap selection where I live. They'll resale those games $2.50 each.

Wii U is coming. Those stores will need more space. Patience is key here. Maybe we'll see some Wii deals soon too. :applause:

#341 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

So I just returned/rebought my 40 games from last week and got 30 more. I ended up walking out with a trade card with $35 on it. Guy said I glitched their machine and didn't want to dick with it. So got paid ~$20 (removing what I paid for the original 40 and then some) to take 70 games off their hands. Lol. Works for me.

#342 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

10/$1, holy shit I know where I'm going after work tomorrow.

#343 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

So I just returned/rebought my 40 games from last week and got 30 more. I ended up walking out with a trade card with $35 on it. Guy said I glitched their machine and didn't want to dick with it. So got paid ~$20 (removing what I paid for the original 40 and then some) to take 70 games off their hands. Lol. Works for me.

Nice!:applause:

I returned and rebought 7 games from recent purchases along with 13 other games that I was mildly interested in at 1 GS tonight. I felt bad for the GS employee because she had to type in the actual purchase price of those 7 games. I plan to fill out the GS survey with high scores.

#344 postnet92

postnet92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

10/$1, holy shit I know where I'm going after work tomorrow.

if they under 99 cents lol if over buy 2 get 2

#345 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Hopefully on 10/7 when this deal ends, we'll see some more expensive games on sale.

fs_overall.png

#346 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

I don't know if it's just me, but many of these games were so cheap in the first place I never bothered to look at them. It doesn't make much difference to me getting a game for $1 versus $0.10 although I guess I could be missing out on some gems.

I'm really hoping we see some type of B2G2 on the higher priced games again. That pretty well cleared out the stock of anything good last time but it's been long enough that there are a few lingering out there worth getting.

I wish they'd do this clearout on the Gamecube games too. Every time I go looking at those there is a ton of junk like the sports games that could clear out.

#347 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

They just had a B2G2 for Gamecube. It started in June and just ended this week.

#348 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

-Snip-
And what I thought was B2G2:
Stuntman Ignition ($1.79 PUR)
My Street ($1.79 PUR)
Space Race (tagged $2.99 rang up as $.09 PUR)
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (tagged $2.99 rang up as $.09 PUR) -Snip-

you used your 'freebies' on .99 cent games i got wreckless in a set of 5 / $1

I know some gamestop's had old stickers on sleeves 2 copies of a game marked 2 different prices, game marked 2.99 that's been in a .99 bin et cetera

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#349 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

That would suck if I passed up some rare games just because the price tag was old.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#350 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

That would suck if I passed up some rare games just because the price tag was old.

check prices on the website, its what I did for anything i was interested in.

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#351 gedean

gedean

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Slim pickings at my local Gamestop but was able to grab the following for $1 (all disc-only)

1. Crimson Tears
2. Driving Emotion Type-s
3. Fantavision
4. Lord of the Rings - Two Towers
5. Project Eden
6. Sega Sports Tennis
7. Stuntman
8. City Crisis
9. Mad Maestro
10. MGS2

They also had a mint FF XII Collector's edition for $7.99, picked that up as well =)

Can't beat 10/$1, thanks for the heads up guys!

#352 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Man wish they'd start dropping stuff on the higher priced games, I managed to find a store that has Haunting Ground (with case too!) Reserved it and am picking it up tomorrow, maybe I can find some of the cheaper stuff if it's not all been yanked up (hopefully I can find Siren too).

:bomb:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#353 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Wow my hunch was correct...Haunting Ground did jump in value. I have 2 or 3 sealed copies I bought at kmart for $14.99 each 4 or 5 years ago.

#354 postnet92

postnet92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Slim pickings at my local Gamestop but was able to grab the following for $1 (all disc-only)

1. Crimson Tears
2. Driving Emotion Type-s
3. Fantavision
4. Lord of the Rings - Two Towers
5. Project Eden
6. Sega Sports Tennis
7. Stuntman
8. City Crisis
9. Mad Maestro
10. MGS2

They also had a mint FF XII Collector's edition for $7.99, picked that up as well =)

Can't beat 10/$1, thanks for the heads up guys!

dude i gotta go pick up the guy game

#355 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

I still have a copy of The Guy Game for both PS2 and Xbox, but one of them has a Movie Gallery security sticker on the top of the disc.:-# I still laugh that GS used to take that game in, but would not take in the AO original version of San Andreas on PS2.

Real titties and an underage chick in the game=OK
Fake animated sex=horrible and reprehensible

Speaking of real boobs in a game, BMX XXX with the Scores strippers in it is a $2.99 game.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#356 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

Guy just wanted all 99 cent games gone so told him I would take them all for 20$ he agreed now to go through them and see which ones I will just be going to good will or boys/ girls club.

Kamagii.png

#357 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Guy just wanted all 99 cent games gone so told him I would take them all for 20$ he agreed now to go through them and see which ones I will just be going to good will or boys/ girls club.

That is awesome. I'd be willing to do that at my store even though I bought a bunch already.

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool, State of Decay: Breakdown

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#358 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

Damn. How many games did you get for $20? It's too bad I've already hit the two stores that don't seem to care that I'm 'omg banned', as the only other ones with stock showing for this blowout sale seem to be the ones where they know I'm not allowed in.:cry: It just so happens that those are also the stores with the biggest selection.#-o

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#359 Digitalfluid

Digitalfluid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Damn. How many games did you get for $20? It's too bad I've already hit the two stores that don't seem to care that I'm 'omg banned', as the only other ones with stock showing for this blowout sale seem to be the ones where they know I'm not allowed in.:cry: It just so happens that those are also the stores with the biggest selection.#-o

How did you get banned from Gamestop? :hot:

#360 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

you used your 'freebies' on .99 cent games i got wreckless in a set of 5 / $1

I know some gamestop's had old stickers on sleeves 2 copies of a game marked 2 different prices, game marked 2.99 that's been in a .99 bin et cetera

Yeah, I didn't really look at the stock available in the area before I went. The hunt is part of the fun for me. This store had tons of sleeved games and it took awhile to go through them. I'm not going to take a huge pile up to the desk to have them price checked, if it's a title I really want I'll just get it even if it's not part of the promo. That said, if I'd known at the time I would have picked up other $1.99 games instead.

When was the last time you tried going in? Maybe you could just walk in like no big deal and they wouldn't bother. Just avoid drawing attention to yourself. I had a similar situation. I just waited for awhile and then one day walked in and started shopping. They never said a word.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler