LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
5983 replies to this topic

#511 aunt beast

aunt beast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

It won't work for me on the Star Wars Desert Skiff at $24.99.It say its a sale item but it doesn't to be on sale.I don't get it.

i'm just funneling advice from slickdeals tonight, but you should be able to call them and have them make it work for you. worked for someone else.

#512 elgato11x

elgato11x

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

I just used the TOY40 code on the Creator Lighthouse and it worked, even though the site says the Lighthouse is on sale. So, yeah, if you're having problems with the code not working, I would call them.

#513 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

I figured I would just go with Helm's Deep because I don't know if the set will ever be cheaper than $76 counting the tax.

#514 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

I just used the TOY40 code on the Creator Lighthouse and it worked, even though the site says the Lighthouse is on sale. So, yeah, if you're having problems with the code not working, I would call them.

How much did you pay for it? Because on the main Creator sets screen it's on sale, however once you click on it or add it to your cart it's $39.99, the regular price.

There is some crazy shit going on right now with sale prices. An $80 Creator set is on sale on one page for $72, then add it to your cart it's $64. Worth trying to figure what's on sale and if the coupon still works if you really want to try.

And I really need to start buying the Creator house more. The other themes bore me, but Apple House, beach side house, and light house would make a great sea side paradise for really cheap.

Edited by bigdaddy, 26 November 2012 - 04:38 AM.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#515 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

Looks like I showed up too late for this one. Mindstorms shows on sale then not on sale...same with Helm's Deep now too. I'll wait.

Posted Image

#516 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Looks like I showed up too late for this one. Mindstorms shows on sale then not on sale...same with Helm's Deep now too. I'll wait.

Helm's Deep might be $130 but 40% off still makes it $78. I doubt you will do better than 40% off and (maybe) no tax for that set.

I was looking for cheap / damage Alien Conquest sets, I love the theme so much (Could even go past Ice Planet for my favorite Space theme) and as a comment on a picture someone uploaded for the nice UFO...

5 year old Very Happy with this product. It did require adult to complete assembly.

Well yes, the age is 7+. Be happy he didn't eat the pieces. :lol:

#517 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

I would probably have missed the yoyo deal if not for my daily lego thread updates :P

I grabbed the Quinjet, finally.
FadeToOne.png

#518 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Brickset has the series 10 minifigures made from pieces from LEGO in CGI form.

However LEGO released the backs of the series 9 guys that should be out very soon.

http://www.flickr.co...ton/8220721417/

Two of them have jetpack looking things.

#519 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

Brickset shows a listing for Lone Ranger sets coming out next year...no pics though. There is a train set maybe?!?

Posted Image

#520 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

There is a new "police" set. it's a weird crime building, a helicopter, a boat and an orange pick up truck. More brick bricks and a garage door, I'm so happy they brought those back.

http://toysnbricks.c...-Arrest-Pre.png

At least LEGO is changing the fire and police torsos. I was really getting sick of the ones they seemed to use from 2004-2010. Probably wrong but I felt they never changed. Love the new fire ones, the police ones look like squad guys so that's good too.

#521 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

There is a new "police" set. it's a weird crime building, a helicopter, a boat and an orange pick up truck. More brick bricks and a garage door, I'm so happy they brought those back.

http://toysnbricks.c...-Arrest-Pre.png

At least LEGO is changing the fire and police torsos. I was really getting sick of the ones they seemed to use from 2004-2010. Probably wrong but I felt they never changed. Love the new fire ones, the police ones look like squad guys so that's good too.

That set is awesome. I know the 'bad guys' have a 'loot' chest, but it looks a lot more like Lego City PD is raiding a meth lab.
Posted Image

#522 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

Brickset shows a listing for Lone Ranger sets coming out next year...no pics though. There is a train set maybe?!?

Yeah I'm excited about the Lone Ranger sets.I hope they look good.Finally some western sets again.

#523 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

Check your local Walgreen's this week.

Minifigs should be BOGO 50% off. YMMV on selection - my store carries series 8 and regularly sells out - but the store down the street has nothing but loads of series seven. A few stores downtown don't carry minifigs at all.

I think this deal extends to Star Wars Planets sets - but I believe they're marked up significantly - not sure. I'm mostly into the minifig scene.

Walgreen's also carries Ninjago character spinners - but I don't think the BOGO sale applies to them and again, I think they're marked up a bit.

You'll need to sign up for the new Walgreen's loyalty card to get the sale pricing - which can be done in less than a minute at checkout.

If you're willing to research Walgreen's Register Reward program - you could load up on toiletries and other essentials - and get the minifigs "kinda sorta" free. That's what I do. The 15% employee discount helps a bit - but the drawback is ...I have to work there.

#524 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

I can't sleep and I was looking through the PaB website and came across Brick 1X1 No. "6"

If anyone has time take a look. It's a stone blue 1x1 brick with... a cow in a field printed on it. I have never seen anything like it in my life and have no clue what it would even go to. lol

#525 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

^Why its a minifigure-scale milk carton of course. LOL

#526 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

I can't sleep and I was looking through the PaB website and came across Brick 1X1 No. "6"

If anyone has time take a look. It's a stone blue 1x1 brick with... a cow in a field printed on it. I have never seen anything like it in my life and have no clue what it would even go to. lol

I believe it belongs to 5 different sets in the Friends line
For example like :Olivia’s Tree House

#527 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

New $20 for $10 TRU Groupon: http://www.groupon.c...&utm_source=rvs

#528 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

^Why its a minifigure-scale milk carton of course. LOL

I believe it belongs to 5 different sets in the Friends line
For example like :Olivia’s Tree House

Of course, I have always seen blue milk containers with a cow in a field on them! :lol:

That's so cool.

My package from yoyo came...
The Lego box is like 28 by 8 by 3-4 inches.
The shipping box is 24-30 inches by 36 inches by 12 inches at least! It's huge!

Edited by bigdaddy, 27 November 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#529 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Guys hurry! You can now BOGO50 the Super Star Destroyer and Death Star at TRU.com and shipping is totally free! I couldn't resist. With tax factored in, each worked out to 20% off. $319.79 each.

EDIT: Nevermind. SSD is same price on Amazon if you don't need a DS.

#530 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

The log cabin set is only $21...
http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B004478GGK

#531 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

My package from yoyo came...
The Lego box is like 28 by 8 by 3-4 inches.
The shipping box is 24-30 inches by 36 inches by 12 inches at least! It's huge!

Mine is 16x24x16 for the Mines of Moria! The set is 3 inches thick. At least I got a crapload of those air bubble shipping thingies, but I don't think I'll be reusing this box anytime soon.

The log cabin set is only $21...
http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B004478GGK

But what do I get with it? Aaugh! And don't say Star Destroyer.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#532 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

What will probably be the last great police / city helicopter before we get the stupid huge new piece ones....
http://www.amazon.co...bs_236510011_16

Not on sale, but a cool little set. :)

#533 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

Got a free Elrond today!

#534 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Guys hurry! You can now BOGO50 the Super Star Destroyer and Death Star at TRU.com and shipping is totally free! I couldn't resist. With tax factored in, each worked out to 20% off. $319.79 each.

EDIT: Nevermind. SSD is same price on Amazon if you don't need a DS.

That's not a bad price, but I am not the kind of guy who has a spare $650 to drop on a couple of LEGO sets. My entire yearly LEGO budget is probably right around that.

#535 elgato11x

elgato11x

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

How much did you pay for it? Because on the main Creator sets screen it's on sale, however once you click on it or add it to your cart it's $39.99, the regular price.

There is some crazy shit going on right now with sale prices. An $80 Creator set is on sale on one page for $72, then add it to your cart it's $64. Worth trying to figure what's on sale and if the coupon still works if you really want to try.

And I really need to start buying the Creator house more. The other themes bore me, but Apple House, beach side house, and light house would make a great sea side paradise for really cheap.

I know the code expired, but I paid about $20 plus about $5 shipping for it, so the sale price and the code price both worked, somehow.

And yeah, the Creator line is pretty awesome. I have the Log Cabin and the Seaside House, both really great sets. I can't wait to build the Lighthouse.

#536 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

^Very nice deal, wish I bought that too.

I have the log cabin, and the yellow beach house. The lighthouse is really awesome, it jumps around on Amazon. 512 pieces for $40 is awesome, for $25-$35 would be even nicer. Same with the apple tree house, but that set needs more windows... and apples. :lol:

The seaside house just costs way too much. $50 for 400 pieces, it's a little steep. Lego prices are just too damn high.

I'm building the big Alien Conquest set. I really miss this theme already, but I digress. What is up with LEGO being cheap with mini figures? Are they trying to get us to buy more of the collectable ones? The set is $90 and has only five mini figures and the brain slug. It needs another soldier and a regular Joe. The "mothership" is $60 and has 2! Really?! It wasn't as bad because of the $5 set had a human and alien.

Then the new Space theme even has less. A $70 set has 3, a $100 set has 4. None have more than one alien per set! It's starting to get out of hand.

#537 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

That's not a bad price, but I am not the kind of guy who has a spare $650 to drop on a couple of LEGO sets. My entire yearly LEGO budget is probably right around that.

Yeah heh heh, right after I posted here I had the buyer's remorse and cancelled the order before it went into processing status. That SSD is just too big for my Lego room.

#538 Ph1l0z0ph3r

Ph1l0z0ph3r

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

Hmm I see the Park Cafe is 25 on Walmart.com but its not available online anymore. Will they price match it in the store?

#539 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

No, they don't price match their site or any other site.

#540 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

^Very nice deal, wish I bought that too.

I have the log cabin, and the yellow beach house. The lighthouse is really awesome, it jumps around on Amazon. 512 pieces for $40 is awesome, for $25-$35 would be even nicer. Same with the apple tree house, but that set needs more windows... and apples. :lol:

The seaside house just costs way too much. $50 for 400 pieces, it's a little steep. Lego prices are just too damn high.

I'm building the big Alien Conquest set. I really miss this theme already, but I digress. What is up with LEGO being cheap with mini figures? Are they trying to get us to buy more of the collectable ones? The set is $90 and has only five mini figures and the brain slug. It needs another soldier and a regular Joe. The "mothership" is $60 and has 2! Really?! It wasn't as bad because of the $5 set had a human and alien.

Then the new Space theme even has less. A $70 set has 3, a $100 set has 4. None have more than one alien per set! It's starting to get out of hand.

bigdaddy that Alien Commander from the Mothership is easily the coolest minifigure I have ever owned. Every thing about him is pure awesomeness! (but i'm with you, why are they being so stingy with minifigs :roll:)

AC apart from LOTR is my favorite set, and I have a backlog of MOC's i'm building for AC... if I can ever find the time to build them

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3