Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6665 replies to this topic

#571 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Picked up a Gandalf polybag

Is it the same minifig that comes in the sets? I couldn't see a difference so I didn't buy it the other day.

Posted Image

#572 cassidyarch

cassidyarch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

I'm sure it's been said before, but this year's Amazon Cyber/BF lighting LEGO deals have sucked. For the last three years, I was able to score at least three good 40% off sets. Amazon had a Creator house every year until now. What gives?

I thought for sure we'd see some AC Motherships at least...

#573 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

I'm sure it's been said before, but this year's Amazon Cyber/BF lighting LEGO deals have sucked. For the last three years, I was able to score at least three good 40% off sets. Amazon had a Creator house every year until now. What gives?

I thought for sure we'd see some AC Motherships at least...

The Mothership was about 35-40% ($38-39) for at least a month. AWD had it for $35 for two weeks. Just recently the price went back up to normal.

I've been watching it, it's the last set I needed in the theme.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#574 mediviper

mediviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

The Mothership was about 35-40% ($38-39) for at least a month. AWD had it for $35 for two weeks. Just recently the price went back up to normal.

I've been watching it, it's the last set I needed in the theme.

If you have a Meijers in your area, they are $39.99 regular price now

#575 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

But when you buy a minifigure on Brinklink, does it include its weapons?

It will say in their caption if they include it or not.

Still, a Uruk-hai for 1.70ish is not too bad (the one with the long hair and no armor).

Throw in one of those pikes for 17cents and you have a soldier for under 2 bucks.

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#576 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

The review of series 9 minifigures...
http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=76075

Honestly that "review" is a joke. I think they get a box from LEGO so they have to say good things. Eurobricks is so far up LEGO's ass, "I think it's great that LEGO listened to us and only gave us two complete series per box". WTF?

This is my problem with LEGO forums, they are either done by children, or by people who think LEGO can't do anything wrong. It's why I just stick to here and Toys and Bricks.

#577 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Finding those 6 figures that only have 2 in each box is going to suck.

Parents that buy these by just picking at random are going to be pissed when their kids keep getting Cyclops and the Alien. LEGO needs to keep the CMF as 3 full sets in a box to balance everything.

#578 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Finding those 6 figures that only have 2 in each box is going to suck.

Parents that buy these by just picking at random are going to be pissed when their kids keep getting Cyclops and the Alien. LEGO needs to keep the CMF as 3 full sets in a box to balance everything.

There will be 3 complete sets per box, just not year.

I have noticed the last 2-3 series that the numbers in the box change over the course of the 4 months they are out. So the ones that have only two will have three or even four in the next batch.

I actually think LEGO does this to screw with people buying the whole box before they can get more boxes out.

#579 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

The review of series 9 minifigures...
http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=76075

Honestly that "review" is a joke. I think they get a box from LEGO so they have to say good things. Eurobricks is so far up LEGO's ass, "I think it's great that LEGO listened to us and only gave us two complete series per box". WTF?

This is my problem with LEGO forums, they are either done by children, or by people who think LEGO can't do anything wrong. It's why I just stick to here and Toys and Bricks.

That site is utter shit anyway. The mods suck and totally harness discussion to a point that it doesn't actually ever get interesting. Their servers also blow as often threads don't even load. In general a real shit show.

#580 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

That site is utter shit anyway. The mods suck and totally harness discussion to a point that it doesn't actually ever get interesting. Their servers also blow as often threads don't even load. In general a real shit show.

I know, I was banned years ago. I was like member 30 to join. It used to be good place to chat because they weren't on LEGO's side, they were on the hobby's side. That changed real when it became a website with hundreds of people. All the mods joined together and if you said anything that was against their power at all, they would warn you.

Huw from Brickset is the same way. Somehow they all think that running a toy site makes them god is beyond me. :lol:

#581 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

I know, I was banned years ago. I was like member 30 to join. It used to be good place to chat because they weren't on LEGO's side, they were on the hobby's side. That changed real when it became a website with hundreds of people. All the mods joined together and if you said anything that was against their power at all, they would warn you.

Huw from Brickset is the same way. Somehow they all think that running a toy site makes them god is beyond me. :lol:

It's too bad it's the go-to site for AFOL's

#582 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

Whoa, series 9 looks great.

On a related note - the Galaxy Squad polybags shown over at toysnbricks are going to be great for army building. Hope we see those here in the States.

#583 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

I agree Broseph, I think series 9 looks awesome. I'm definitely picking up a box of these guys. I'm drooling at the knights for army building!

The Heroic Knight is easily my favorite (he's a perfect fit for my MOC's on the book series "the Belgariad" by David Eddings).

But I must confess, apart from the knight, the Chicken Suit guy is the best of the group. Along with the Santa Clause and the Bunny Suit guy, he's right at the cream of the crop of all the series minifigs, IMO.

The Policeman is pretty sweet. I love his hat and detailed torso.
The judge is pretty awesome as well.
The forest maiden has a cool hairpiece.

My least favorite is probably the Hollywood Starlet, although I love the accessory she comes with.

However it did seem very much as if he was trying to suck the intestines out of TLG, because his head is so far up their butt. There is little to no "honest critique" in the review. Plus the poor English makes it almost unreadable.

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#584 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Ordered a Star Wars advent calendar over the weekend since they were 50% off and my son really wanted one.

Series 9 look great, gonna get a full set of course. They're making up for a lackluster rehash/retooled series 8. Since they are listed for January release we may actually see them at TRU mid month.

#585 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

It's too bad it's the go-to site for AFOL's

I stick with here and Toys and Bricks. They tell me all the sales, when sets are out and new pictures.

Speaking of which you can preorder TMNT sets now, the pricing is just silly.

The Policeman is pretty sweet. I love his hat and detailed torso.

However it did seem very much as if he was trying to suck the intestines out of TLG, because his head is so far up their butt. There is little to no "honest critique" in the review. Plus the poor English makes it almost unreadable.

I think a cop isn't needed, but he does have a cool hat. But that brings me to my point of fact checking by the reviewer...

Furthermore, I don't really recall seeing nice navy blue policemen in LEGO. It is always 'black' uniform.

The best Police uniforms ever, besides this year's cool park ranger ones I still need to get a few of and new year's squad ones, are the ones from World City... which are navy blue. Te World City one only looks slightly less realistic than the new one, but printing back then wasn't as good as it is today.

Like you said the review makes no sense...

We have now heard and seen rumoured news of a potential Series 11 where we have not even seen confirmed images of Series 10. This goes to prove that the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series will just end in Series 10. All I can do, is to continuing hoping for their continuation of this theme, so more new inspirational potential discoveries may appear through the magical wonders of the LEGO Collectable Minifigure Series theme!

That doesn't even make sense! We have the CGI images of official series 11 mini figures, the pieces were found in some official LEGO database of parts, but because we haven't seen series 10 that means the them is ending? :roll:

Based on the complete new data which I have complied, I have drafted my basic analysis based on my own take. Buying 1 full complete MISB box will allow you to achieve 2 maximum complete unique sets. By far, even with the low possibility of completing an additional complete set, this is actually the best news ever to see such a distribution coming true. It is just like a dream and the entire feeling is as if TLG is listening to our thoughts and taking it into careful consideration.

Yes! Lego making it harder to get a complete set is them listening to us, caring for us, loving us to death. Making it harder to find a complete set is Lego listening to us? That's insane.

#586 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Picked up my Wal-mart Site to Store Desert Skiff and LOTR Shelob today. The line was 8 deep and employees were MIA. I was about to swear it off and just have the damned things shipped from now on...

...when I went by the Lego aisle before leaving, just in case. This Wal-mart never has anything good and today it's a little messy. That's when I notice I'm looking at a POTC London Escape. That can't be current.

Price check? $20. I go back and see if there's anything else. Hey, it's a Creator Lighthouse. Also $20. Score.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#587 180husher

180husher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

My local Walmart put out the new Hobbit sets...I didn't know that The Unexpected Gathering is unfinished in the back. I thought it was solid all the way around and opened up like creator Log Cabin. Not so excited for it now.

Posted Image

#588 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

My local Walmart put out the new Hobbit sets...I didn't know that The Unexpected Gathering is unfinished in the back. I thought it was solid all the way around and opened up like creator Log Cabin. Not so excited for it now.

You are expecting way to much. It would be $120 if they did that. :lol:

#589 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

Got the reindeer minibuild today, also Winter Village Cottage and the 2012 Holiday set

My Star Wars advent calendar arrived and the Star Destroyer came with two left edge pieces

#590 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

lol... Who ever made the comment on Amazon and Lego deals was spot on, absolute crap. They had a few lightning deals on BF that I couldn't get to (birth of my son) while I was in the hospital.

They have been on a Megablock craze all week long though, my Lego spending surprisingly hasn't been to much this Holiday season, Ewok Attack, Spongebob Bikini Bottom Party & Hoth Echo Base.

#591 180husher

180husher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

Congrats on the new baby!

Posted Image

#592 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

lol... Who ever made the comment on Amazon and Lego deals was spot on, absolute crap. They had a few lightning deals on BF that I couldn't get to (birth of my son) while I was in the hospital.

They have been on a Megablock craze all week long though, my Lego spending surprisingly hasn't been to much this Holiday season, Ewok Attack, Spongebob Bikini Bottom Party & Hoth Echo Base.

I couldn't agree more.Last year I bought a bunch of Lego sets from Amazon.On Black Friday
I got the POTC London Escape for $24.99(was $49.99),Cyber Monday I got the Imperial Flagship for $149($179) and in December I picked up Mill Village Raid $49.99($69.99) and King's Carriage Ambush $29($39.99) that were great deals and this year all I have so far is the Star War Desert Skiff $14.99 from Black Friday.

#593 wckddudeman

wckddudeman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

Hey guys, just came across this this mroning. They are lego shaped storage bins, made by a Danish design firm in collaboration with LEGO. They are stackable, and seem pretty nifty:
Posted Image
http://fab.com/sale/12623/

They also sell minifig head bins.
Minifig head thermos', small size boxes, and lunchboxes.
Posted Image

#594 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hey guys, just came across this this mroning. They are lego shaped storage bins, made by a Danish design firm in collaboration with LEGO. They are stackable, and seem pretty nifty:

They also sell minifig head bins.
Minifig head thermos', small size boxes, and lunchboxes.

Expensive.
FadeToOne.png

#595 180husher

180husher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Ouch...$42 for something that looks like I should be able to find at Ikea for $10.

Posted Image

#596 wckddudeman

wckddudeman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Expensive.

Never said they were cheap, said they were Lego branded, designer storage bins.
Posted Image

#597 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

Hey prim is there an item number for series 9 in the system yet? Any sign of them being in warehouses yet?

#598 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Anyone know where I can find Mass Effect themed custom sets or instructions? I'd love to build a Mako or Normandy, and I've found some that people have built. But, I can't find instructions or brick lists anywhere. I found an okay Normandy on ebay, but it's not very detailed and $50. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#599 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Hey prim is there an item number for series 9 in the system yet? Any sign of them being in warehouses yet?

not yet

#600 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

I took my trains out of the box my mom shoved them in after last Christmas and I never had time to see how badly she stored them. I only have the train on display for Christmas because I have no room or no time.

Badly. I'm missing dozens of pieces to the Holiday Train. Pretty much only the Engine and the toy car, and the tree car are missing a few small pieces you can't notice.

So what have we learned children? Keep your parents away from your LEGOs no matter the age. :lol: