LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6667 replies to this topic

#961 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

wants your blood...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

I never see anything on clearance at Target...when I get some more moolah, I need the hookups please!

#962 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

I've hit up three different wal-marts in the past week, and have picked up quite a bit.

I bit on the recycling truck for $15. Two of the three WM's had dozens of this set.
I picked up a Luke's Speeder for $12. They had about ten of them. Kicking myself for not picking up a couple of more, just for the extra minifigs.
I bought 4 mando battle packs and 3 clone trooper packs for $6 each.
I picked up a bunch of the star wars poly bags, priced at $1.50 each.
I got the sith nightspeeder for $12.
I've also picked up another fire atv, and a few of the 3 in 1 creator vehicles (the 60 piece ones) for $2.50 each.
I got one of the ambulance city sets for $9.50

None of our LOTR have been on sale, i've price checked them all. I've picked up a few more, but they are escaping my mind at the moment.

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#963 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

I've hit up three different wal-marts in the past week, and have picked up quite a bit.

I bit on the recycling truck for $15. Two of the three WM's had dozens of this set.
I picked up a Luke's Speeder for $12. They had about ten of them. Kicking myself for not picking up a couple of more, just for the extra minifigs.
I've also picked up another fire atv, and a few of the 3 in 1 creator vehicles (the 60 piece ones) for $2.50 each.

None of our LOTR have been on sale, i've price checked them all. I've picked up a few more, but they are escaping my mind at the moment.

Are these deals company wide or YMMV?

Also I got a lot of gift cards for LEGO this year and as such I have a couple extra Ewar polybags from Chima.

Tradelist (Currently on TL hiatus)

76561198012916920.png

#964 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Grabbed Batmobile and Two Face Chase for $35 as part of Walmart's Clearance.

#965 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

Are these deals company wide or YMMV?

Also I got a lot of gift cards for LEGO this year and as such I have a couple extra Ewar polybags from Chima.

Ultimately, they are YMMV and that's why you scan every damn set they have left.

Walmart finds for me this last week:

Mining dump truck for $17
Car and caravan (camper) $9.50
Recycling truck $14.50
Quin jet $49.50
Dino headquarters $50
Dino triceratops $25
Ewoks $12
Ghost train $54

Less common finds and ymmv from walmart to walmart:

Lotr sets mostly at 30% off
Forest police station $54
Vampire castle $70
SW planets series 2
Ninjago green snake head mech thing $12
Fire plane $40

Target:

All Dino sets
All Cars sets
About half the Monsters sets...different ones for different stores
A lot of hero factory bag sets
Ninjago,same as the monsters
SW Gungan sub
SW anakin's jedi fighter
SW ewoks
Lotr sets...my store clearanced all of them, while some stores clearanced none
Super heroes bionicle looking sets

My best find was the Dino Headquarters for $50 at walmart...until I found one at Target with an "as-is" sticker on it for $25.

Posted Image

#966 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

Just built the Imperial V-Wing I found at Walmart. Nice little set actually, I'm surprised by how much I enjoy it.

According to Target's website, the one Target I was at had limited stock of the X-Wing, but I didn't see it when I was over there. Another farther away Target has the Gungan Sub, but not sure I want it enough to venture over. A Desert Skiff rang up $17 at my local Target, but once again not sure I wanted it enough. I'll head over to the Target that is supposed to have the X-Wing in stock in the morning, since after all my spending that's the only set I'm really interested in at this point.

Interesting note on the Garbage Truck set... Found it in two different size boxes at one of the Targets.

#967 scp89

scp89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

any TRU Lego deals starting Sunday? hint Prim u around? :) I have some rewards I need to spend - debating today or wait for new add tomorrow

#968 Max Power

Max Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Man, I hate reading this thread. I never find anything at Target or Walmart. Keep seeing people score all the sets I want. :cry:

#969 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I got pretty much the exact same stuff you did, plus a few others. My favorite find was probably the Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator for $27. I passed on it when I found it on clearance at Wal-Mart for like $50 back around August, and I'm glad I did, as $27 was a much better price. I also lucked out a few months ago, when one of my Wal-Marts clearanced out the LOTR Attack on Weathertop and Batmobile Two Face Chase for $25 each.

It's been a long time since I've hit Lego this hard on clearance. Feels good.

#970 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

I got pretty much the exact same stuff you did, plus a few others. My favorite find was probably the Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator for $27. I passed on it when I found it on clearance at Wal-Mart for like $50 back around August, and I'm glad I did, as $27 was a much better price. I also lucked out a few months ago, when one of my Wal-Marts clearanced out the LOTR Attack on Weathertop and Batmobile Two Face Chase for $25 each.

It's been a long time since I've hit Lego this hard on clearance. Feels good.

I am jealous of the Darth Maul Infiltrator for that price. I would loved to have picked it up!
I saw the X-Wing for $40 but passed on it. It just wasn't that good of a deal for me, although the price to pieces ratio was awesome. I'd like to score a big 500+ piece set for a great price, and that would have been the one, but it had relatively no place in my collection.

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#971 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Went to a couple Target's and Walmart's today. Both Target had a lot of 2012 sets, but no clearance :( Only set on clearance was spongebob. Walmart had 0 2012 sets - all 2013 stuff.

I ended up getting Dino T-rex hunter for $35 at a Meijer. That's my only find. My little cousin like's dinosaurs, so maybe he'll like this :)

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#972 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

I am still slightly new to clearance hunting but I came away with an okay but small haul.

I got the little yellow tractor 3-in-1 for $4.87 at Target with two of the Hobbit Elf polybags for $3 a piece. Walmart was completely out of everything LEGO and I went to KMart and found a busted up Uruk-Hai army box that was unopened. They sold it to me for $25.

Apparently my TRU had a Queen Anne's Revenge and sold it 30 minutes before I got there.

Tradelist (Currently on TL hiatus)

76561198012916920.png

#973 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Went to the Target over on the other side of town. They had one X-Wing left, but wouldn't sell it to me for $50. It was also flagged that they couldn't put it out until February, even though they only had one left.

I think I'm just going to get the X-Wing for $60. Kmart is the only place near here stocked with it, and they only have about 5 left. I'm afraid that if I wait for it to go on clearance I'll miss my chance at it. It only has a $4 upcharge over my usual price/pieces ratio, so I'll deal with it. Plus the only Lego X-Wing I have is the one that came with the Yavin 4 planet (that purchase got me interested in Lego again actually).

#974 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

I think I'm just going to get the X-Wing for $60. Kmart is the only place near here stocked with it, and they only have about 5 left. I'm afraid that if I wait for it to go on clearance I'll miss my chance at it. It only has a $4 upcharge over my usual price/pieces ratio, so I'll deal with it. Plus the only Lego X-Wing I have is the one that came with the Yavin 4 planet (that purchase got me interested in Lego again actually).

It's an X-Wing. Lego will make at least two "new" ones (They will look exactly the same.) by the time the current license ends. I wouldn't worry about missing out on it. TRU has an X-Wing in stock for 6-7 years once.

Also it seems Lego is still making the current X-Wing...

http://shop.lego.com...tarfighter-9493

There has been five X-Wings in less than 15 years, and the only reason there wasn't more was because the 2006 one stuck around for awhile. That's one every three years. So don't pay full price. This is Cheap Ass Lego after all.

http://brickset.com/...h/?query=x-wing

Only thing you should pay full price for is girl on girl jet ski sets.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#975 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Man, I hate reading this thread. I never find anything at Target or Walmart. Keep seeing people score all the sets I want. :cry:

I'm right with you.I never see anything on sale or on clearance.I seem to always have to pay full price, unless I get in on an amazon sale.

#976 scp89

scp89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

at what price point would you 'pull' the trigger on the Quinjet set??? Do people like it?

#977 cassidyarch

cassidyarch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

The Quinjet was never super exciting to me because you could get most of the figs for cheaper in other sets. The only exclusive minifig in the Quinjet is Black Widow (and Ironman with a CIRCLE print if you are really hadcore.)

If you are interested in it, I'd buy it anywhere you see it at less than MSRP because it is getting rare. Resellers on eBay and Amazon are already gouging for that set. Amazon Warehouse has it in the low $60s. Hmm. I might have just talked myself into buying one ofr resale down the road.

#978 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

^---lol, if your into the Super Hero stuff go ahead and get it. I found this website when trying to look up values on sets I have, it was pretty interesting to say the least, I didn't think people took it this far.

#979 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Holy crap that website has a Lego value ticker running across the homepage!

Posted Image

#980 cassidyarch

cassidyarch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Oh man. Yikes. Registered.

I don't know if this is the best thing ever, or the WORST thing ever. In any case, you are now responsible for my losing HOURS of time.

This site could turn me into a hardcore reseller.

#981 scp89

scp89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

hmmm the website let me register etc....but won't keep me 'logged in' to get Quinjet price....oh well try later

#982 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

^---lol, if your into the Super Hero stuff go ahead and get it. I found this website when trying to look up values on sets I have, it was pretty interesting to say the least, I didn't think people took it this far.

Awesome website. I just found this article on it:

http://www.brickpick...for_the_picking

I had heard people talking about how expensive the older modular buildings were, but I had no idea the prices these were going for on the secondary market these days.

I still have Cafe Corner and Green Grocer mint in box...

#983 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

That's how I found the website, when I was trying to price that set. I never ended up selling it for $350 but for $450 instead, I think people really started taking interest in this manor after they saw how much Taj Mahals, Eiffel Towers and Statue of Liberties brought in.

As far as from an investment standpoint, I have no idea if sets will sell for ludicrous amounts like that a few years after release, I think people are flooding the market as it is which was one of the main reasons why I let go of my Green Grocer. It's ok though, it helped me out paying for my daughters Birthday Party and it will take the wife off my back for a bit.

#984 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

I'm sorry but that website has taken "investing" in Lego into a completely insane level.

Invest in exclusive sets, everything else (Really Dublo Zoo?) or sets with exclusive minifigures. I don't think the Super Hero sets will be as big as people think because Lego will just release more and more as the movies and sequels come out.

#985 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Missed the Diagon Alley set. Amazon jacked its price up to $210, and the Lego shop is sold out.

I know that Lego will probably release another same X-Wing in the future, however I am interested in Porkins and the red Astromech Droid.

#986 cassidyarch

cassidyarch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

So far, I've only ever resold minifigs (prequel SW minifigs--I don't need 'em) I DID sell an old Batman Arkham Asylum a few years back (I had two--brace yourself, I got them at TRU clearanced at $14. People don't remember, but the first round of Batman didn't sell well. They were always on clearance.) Sold my opened box copy for $200 in 2010...probably should have waited. Then again, there's a new Arkham out now...

Minifigs are easy to ship. The sets (especially in boxes) are a shipping nightmare. This site is very interesting. But, yeah. If sites like it are popping up, it's not hard to imagine an eventual Beanie Baby-esque implosion.

#987 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Yeah the first wave of Batman Lego really miss judged. They didn't sell at all, and then all of a sudden they started selling like girl on girl jet skis when the second wave came around.

I got my Batman AA for $30 and it was missing a random bag of small parts and a minifigure head. It was 68 pieces and LEGO sent me every single one of them for free, no questions asked!

Lego is awesome like that.

#988 cassidyarch

cassidyarch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'm waiting for the UCS Girl on Girl Jetski. 3000 pieces.

#989 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

I'm waiting for the UCS Girl on Girl Jetski. 3000 pieces.

You should make a Cuusoo set!

Maybe a life size one with 100,000 pieces!

#990 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I remember calling around trying to find a $14 Arkham, never did get one. That was just about when i got back into legos. The newer one is a must buy for me this year.
And i agree that legos seem due for a bit of a price decrease, but unlike beanie babies kids play with legos, which means there should always be some demand for hard to find, out of print sets.