LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
5462 replies to this topic

#1051 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I was able to nab a #9516 and the Market Village off Amazon Warehouse earlier this week... both came with everything still sealed, and the boxes weren't even damaged.. so wondering why it was put up on the Warehouse.. but shrug :)

You definitely have to be quick. I've seen a lot of the star wars sets come in stock and then go sold out in 10-15 minutes.

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#1052 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Oooh, just snagged a "Like New" Kingdoms Joust 10223 for $103 at Amazon. Not a huge discount from the $120 MSRP, but with no tax, it was enough to make me bite.

#1053 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

The retail price for MMV is great. I generally like to buy on significant sale or clearance, generally no less than 30% off, but when MMV was on sale for $90 through Walmart.com almost 4 years ago, I jumped on it. I'm actually considering buying a second set before it goes OOP.

It depends on what it is for me. I don't mind paying MSRP if it works out to be about $0.10 per piece or less, or if the upcharge from that price isn't too big. The 9493 X-Wing is only $0.11 per piece for example, and I'm still thinking about grabbing it (I like the fact it comes with Porkins and the red astromech droid). Sometimes I'll just treat myself like with the 75003 A-Wing, mainly because I love that ship (although I haven't opened it yet and may return it).

I found a Diagon Alley set on Ebay for $219.00 with $14.13 S&H, or Best Offer.

I'm thinking about offering up $200 for it. Thoughts?

#1054 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Oooh, just snagged a "Like New" Kingdoms Joust 10223 for $103 at Amazon. Not a huge discount from the $120 MSRP, but with no tax, it was enough to make me bite.

I am actually about to put that set together...

#1055 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

I am actually about to put that set together...

It looks pretty good. I'm not as head-over-heels in love with it as I was with MMV, but Castle is my favorite theme, so I knew I needed to get Kingdoms Joust. And, although 2013 sees the return of the Castle theme, from what I see in the tiny pictures available currently, I'm not super impressed. '07 to '11 (with Joust coming out in '12) seems like the height of the recent Lego Castle sets.

#1056 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Have they ever made a King Arthur style set? Like...based on the legend, not just "Here have a bunch of knights"?

#1057 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Have they ever made a King Arthur style set? Like...based on the legend, not just "Here have a bunch of knights"?

Not to my knowledge, but there have been nods to King Arthur, such as the sword in the stone piece from the Kingdoms Advent Calendar from 2010. And of course the wizard from that set (and other sets) certainly seems to take much inspiration from Merlin.

Posted Image

#1058 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Random awesome Wal-Mart clearance find: City Police Station ... $7.00 !!!
Also got a Log Cabin for $15. This was a very small Wal-Mart, hardly a LEGO section, which probably explains the strange markdown on the big set.

#1059 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

I was able to nab a #9516 and the Market Village off Amazon Warehouse earlier this week... both came with everything still sealed, and the boxes weren't even damaged.. so wondering why it was put up on the Warehouse.. but shrug :)

You definitely have to be quick. I've seen a lot of the star wars sets come in stock and then go sold out in 10-15 minutes.

They had one for $83. I just can't justifying spending that much on a Lego set at this stage in my life. I pretty much just stick to a small $20 set on sale here or there and the minifigures. I have too many Legos and no future plans of buying a house to stick them all in.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1060 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Wow, so the Kingdoms Joust already shipped, and despite me opting for FSSS, it'll be here in 2 days. Love Amazon.

#1061 xDEATHDEALERSxx

xDEATHDEALERSxx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Picked up a LEGO Space Center 3368, at Walmart for $34.50, also got the LEGO Recycling Truck 4206 for $14.50

#1062 dagarcia2678

dagarcia2678

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

I could use some advice on a craigslist posting I found. It's a nice set for when my kids get into the Technic age range, and I can use it in the meantime.

The asking price is $1200, which is pretty much at the ebay price level. Anyone have any suggestions on what a good offer would be?

3x 9648 - NXT Resource Set
1x 9686 - Simple & Pow Machines Set
1x 9797 - LME NXT Base Set
2x 9649 - Tech Resource Set II
2x 8263 - Snow Groomer V39
3x 8265 - Front Loader V39
1x 8053 - Mobile Crane V39
1x 8043 - Motorized Excavator V39
1x 8052 - Container Truck V39
3x 8264 - Hauler V39
2x 10213 - Shuttle Adventure V46
2x 8049 - Tractor with Log Loader V39
3x 8047 - Technic Mini Excavator
3x 8045 - Technic Telehandler
3x 8262 - Technic Quad Bike
1x 6177 - Lego Basic Bricks
1x 8259 - Technic Mini Bulldozer
1x 9251 - Lego Big Bulk Set
1x 9241 - Lego Wheels Set

#1063 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Wow, so the Kingdoms Joust already shipped, and despite me opting for FSSS, it'll be here in 2 days. Love Amazon.

They did the same thing when I bought my Vita.

Hit up the slightly further away Walmart because their website said they had the Lego Falcon in stock. I figured I could maybe grab it on clearance considering I'll probably never get my hands on the UCS Falcon. Searched and searched but couldn't find it. I'll call them in a bit and find out if they have it or not (didn't feel like waiting in the customer service line).

#1064 TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Just scored a Vampire Castle on clearance at Target for $50, couldnt pass it up despite no room to display it right now. lol.

#1065 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

I found a Diagon Alley set on Ebay for $219.00 with $14.13 S&H, or Best Offer.

I'm thinking about offering up $200 for it. Thoughts?

That sounds like a good deal at this point, although if you're going to build it, I would buy used. If you're going to keep it sealed, I would jump on it. I can definitely see this set jumping up to Green Grocer prices.

The asking price is $1200, which is pretty much at the ebay price level. Anyone have any suggestions on what a good offer would be?

I'm not sure about Technic set prices but that seems like a whole lot to spend at once. Since your kids aren't at that level yet, why not wait for clearance sets to build up a collection?

I went to an out of the way Walmart today and the only thing I found was a $12 Sith set with Anakin and Asajj. They had the Quinjet and a couple of others but they all rang up at full price.

#1066 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

That sounds like a good deal at this point, although if you're going to build it, I would buy used. If you're going to keep it sealed, I would jump on it. I can definitely see this set jumping up to Green Grocer prices.

My only fear with buying one used is it will have missing pieces. Plus I can't seem to find any used, or at a cheaper shipping cost. I'll do some looking around though.

#1067 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

Hmm, you're right. I didnt realize how fast this set retired. There are a bunch of new options at $200 on Bricklink and you pay exact shipping so you might save a bit if the eBay person refuses your offer.

http://www.bricklink...=96368&invNew=N

#1068 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

Thanks for the link... I'll probably try the eBay one first, just because he has an exact shipping cost listed.

Called my Walmart that is supposed to have the Lego Millennium Falcon in stock and as I expected, they're a bunch of morons. Gave them both the Walmart No. from the website and the UPC number and they couldn't find it... I might just drive back over there in the morning.

#1069 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Thanks for the link... I'll probably try the eBay one first, just because he has an exact shipping cost listed.

Called my Walmart that is supposed to have the Lego Millennium Falcon in stock and as I expected, they're a bunch of morons. Gave them both the Walmart No. from the website and the UPC number and they couldn't find it... I might just drive back over there in the morning.

Ever worked retail? If not I wouldn't be calling them morons. If I worked in a Walmart and had someone talking about some random Lego set all I would say is "Nope" and hang up on you. :lol:

Also at Lowes people would say that online we had a few, come in and we wouldn't. They bitch at us because we couldn't find them. However the computers update the inventory at night, so if it was sold at 5am I wouldn't know, and people steal shit so the count could be off.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1070 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

Ever worked retail? If not I wouldn't be calling them morons. If I worked in a Walmart and had someone talking about some random Lego set all I would say is "Nope" and hang up on you. :lol:

Also at Lowes people would say that online we had a few, come in and we wouldn't. They bitch at us because we couldn't find them. However the computers update the inventory at night, so if it was sold at 5am I wouldn't know, and people steal shit so the count could be off.

Fair enough. My apologies, I work at a call center (is it plugged in? and have you restarted it?) and it just felt like the person I was talking to had no idea what they were doing.

#1071 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

Just scored a Vampire Castle on clearance at Target for $50, couldnt pass it up despite no room to display it right now. lol.

Nice score, I'd love to find it at that price.

Careful with using the Walmart website to see what's in stock at the store. I think they're now doing some weird site-to-store on the same day thing. So it may show as available for pickup at the store, but may not be actually at the store, but rather at a centralized warehouse.

I figured this out when I was searching for Helm's Deep to grab on clearance. It showed "in stock" at several Walmarts near me, despite the fact that I'd hit up those Walmarts already and not seen it on shelves.

However, I think it may be possible to order for site-to-store pickup, then once you pick it up, do a price adjustment to the clearance price in store. I haven't tried that yet, but I may.

#1072 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

However, I think it may be possible to order for site-to-store pickup, then once you pick it up, do a price adjustment to the clearance price in store. I haven't tried that yet, but I may.

good luck with that one if you can get it to work, please post !

#1073 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

Picked up another walmart's stock of Attack on Weathertops for $25 a piece.

#1074 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

Picked up another walmart's stock of Attack on Weathertops for $25 a piece.

Nice. If I could find one, I'd be able to finally have 8 Nazguls =P

#1075 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Got series 1 zombie and forestman from ebay today!

#1076 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Anyone know anything about this ... looks like a bagged set ... would love to find one of these randomly someday soon ...

Posted Image

Looking forward to this one as well ...

Posted Image

And lastly ... OMG ... this is not going to be good for my wallet ...

http://www.jedinews....pe=jpg&size=800

#1077 ItzTitoYo

ItzTitoYo

dabingbadaboom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

That Jabba's Sail Barge looks rather odd to me. I don't know if it's the picture, but it seems smaller than the 2006 version and the front of the barge (the sloped roof bricks in particular) looks goofy. The color of the barge looks too bright as well, is that reddish brown?

At this point I'm sure what we see is what we're getting and I'm pretty disappointed.

#1078 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

More Wal-Mart clearance heaven: 2x Helm's Deep for $57 each! :) Also a Sopwith Camel for $25 (must have been an online return). Older sets were really wiped out this year, even before the post-Christmas clearance. Almost everywhere, all I see are Chima, TMNT, and new City.

Then over to Target: they had a Naboo Starfighter for $25 (bought it), but Weathertops were still $42 (passed). Incidentally, they had finished their LEGO aisle reset and about half the current LOTR and Hobbit sets had no shelf spaces alotted, including Orc Forge and Uruk Hai and Unexpected Gathering. And the only MF they still carry are Werewolf, Ghost Train, and Hearse. Guess I missed out on the clearances of the others. Bummer. I suppose I could always buy them full price at another Target, return them, then wait for them to be re-shelved at the clearance price. Timing is everything though.

#1079 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

More Wal-Mart clearance heaven: 2x Helm's Deep for $57 each! :) Also a Sopwith Camel for $25 (must have been an online return). Older sets were really wiped out this year, even before the post-Christmas clearance. Almost everywhere, all I see are Chima, TMNT, and new City.

Then over to Target: they had a Naboo Starfighter for $25 (bought it), but Weathertops were still $42 (passed). Incidentally, they had finished their LEGO aisle reset and about half the current LOTR and Hobbit sets had no shelf spaces alotted, including Orc Forge and Uruk Hai and Unexpected Gathering. And the only MF they still carry are Werewolf, Ghost Train, and Hearse. Guess I missed out on the clearances of the others. Bummer. I suppose I could always buy them full price at another Target, return them, then wait for them to be re-shelved at the clearance price. Timing is everything though.

That's an awesome find on the Helm's Deep!

That was easily my favorite set of the century (i'm a major LOTR junkie, and the battle of the Hornburg (or Helm's Deep as it is called in the movies) is my favorite setting of all time.) Extremely jealous! :D

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#1080 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

I went to another Walmart and got x2 Geonosian fighters for $12.00 each (50%) off.

Also managed to score the clone turbo tank for $59.99, originally $119.99. :D

Pretty freaking stoked about that buy!

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3