LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
5980 replies to this topic

#1381 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Nobody was getting mad at you, there is absolutely no need to apologize, this thread is pretty civil. A lot of us have been lucky one point or another, it was just your turn.

Those stupid aliens cost that much? I picked those up Kmart as well for around that much. I let my daughter play with them though, the only one she is missing from the original story line is Rex.

#1382 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

So it looks like there is only going to be 5,000 golden minifigures available.

http://www.thebrickf...series-10-news/

#1383 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Yay for people taking everything as opposed to what they need? Tis the American way I suppose ...

Technically, with Lego you need as much as you can get your hands on, seeing as those bricks can be used for MOCs or whatever. I would have cleaned out that Wal-Mart's $5 stock as well, that's less than a penny per brick on some of those sets!

#1384 weevles

weevles

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

My local Target did have Helm's Deep, but still retail price. :/

#1385 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Hoping the weather stays okay tomorrow... That snowstorm shifts just a little north or east and I'm screwed, and I really want to get to that Walmart tomorrow (even though my paycheck is going straight to my car insurance).

Does anywhere besides TRU and the Lego Store sell Technic sets? I've wanted to pick one up and build it, but it seems they're only available at TRU around here. The new Grand Prix Racer looks pretty interesting too, considering I'm a huge Formula-1 fan.

Also, I just noticed that the Mandalorian Fighter is $39.97 on walmart.com. Has anyone built this set? It looks pretty cool, and I could always use more Mandalorians.

#1386 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

Hoping the weather stays okay tomorrow... That snowstorm shifts just a little north or east and I'm screwed, and I really want to get to that Walmart tomorrow (even though my paycheck is going straight to my car insurance).

Does anywhere besides TRU and the Lego Store sell Technic sets? I've wanted to pick one up and build it, but it seems they're only available at TRU around here. The new Grand Prix Racer looks pretty interesting too, considering I'm a huge Formula-1 fan.

Also, I just noticed that the Mandalorian Fighter is $39.97 on walmart.com. Has anyone built this set? It looks pretty cool, and I could always use more Mandalorians.

TRU and Lego are the only ones that sell Technic now. Apparently it's now considered a TRU exclusive.

The Mandalonian Fighter was one of the sets I picked up, it looks really cool, haven't built yet, and it looks really similar to T-6 Jedi Shuttle, which I had a lot of fun building and is a really cool set.

#1387 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Police Forest Station and the Fire Plane?

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1388 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

Zeldafanatic, like skiizim said, there is no need to apologize. I know many of us here love hearing about great finds like yours, even if we do get a bit jealous :lol:

#1389 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Police Forest Station and the Fire Plane?

I like the Police Forest Station, although they could have integrated the logs a little better than it just being a few corner supports. It also comes with a bear.

I don't really like the Fire Plane that much. I don't necessarily dislike it, it's just one of those sets for me where if it's a super good deal I'd get it, otherwise I just don't care.

Looks like the storm stayed south, so I'll be able to hit that further away Walmart. The town is a lot bigger than I thought though, but still worth a look.

#1390 battledrill

battledrill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

I like the Police Forest Station, although they could have integrated the logs a little better than it just being a few corner supports. It also comes with a bear.

I don't really like the Fire Plane that much. I don't necessarily dislike it, it's just one of those sets for me where if it's a super good deal I'd get it, otherwise I just don't care.

Looks like the storm stayed south, so I'll be able to hit that further away Walmart. The town is a lot bigger than I thought though, but still worth a look.

May you find great deals good sir!

#1391 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Kingdoms Joust is $90 on Amazon. Guess I should've waited, rather than springing for the $103 Like New deal I got from AWD a few weeks ago. Oh well.

#1392 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Sup fellas .. I was at Target to see if any of the Legos went on sale (Nope!) but manage to pick up some MegaBlok World of Warcraft sets that went on clearance which are the Demolisher Attack ($14) and Deathwing's Stormwind Assault ($30).

Never really bought anything outside Legos until recently in which I bought some Battlefield Kre-O sets which was ridiculous cheap at Walmart.

From what I built so far its not so great, after I assembled one of the two kits today, Demolisher Attack. The blocks are hard to assemble and even harder to take apart. My nephews just flat out gave up on MegaBloks and move back to his Lego and Kre-O sets.

So I would like to know what everyone opinion of MegaBloks sets/bricks? Do the other sets fare any better?

The only other sets from MegaBloks Im looking at is the StarCraft Universe sets that suppose to come out this Spring 2013. But if they are anything like the WoW sets, then I guess I can wait for the clearance sales.

#1393 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

I ordered the skiff, been waiting for a good deal on that one. Couple other sets on sale

28% off - Star Wars Desert Skiff $17.97 (reg. $24.99)
25% off – City Excavator Transport $29.97 (reg. $39.99)
20% off – Architecture Brandenburg Gate $27.97 (reg. $34.99)
20% off – Creator Seaside House $39.97 (reg. $49.99)
20% off – Spongebob Flying Dutchman $19.99 (reg. $24.99)

#1394 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Personally, I think Megabloks majorly suck when compared to KRE-O and of course Lego. I did buy some clearance Smurf ones just for the minifigs and the bricks hold together like shit. I tossed all the pieces in the trash and only kept the minifigs and accessories. I'm planning on making a decent Smurf mushroom village out of Lego bricks instead.

#1395 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Sup fellas .. I was at Target to see if any of the Legos went on sale (Nope!) but manage to pick up some MegaBlok World of Warcraft sets that went on clearance which are the Demolisher Attack ($14) and Deathwing's Stormwind Assault ($30).

Never really bought anything outside Legos until recently in which I bought some Battlefield Kre-O sets which was ridiculous cheap at Walmart.

From what I built so far its not so great, after I assembled one of the two kits today, Demolisher Attack. The blocks are hard to assemble and even harder to take apart. My nephews just flat out gave up on MegaBloks and move back to his Lego and Kre-O sets.

So I would like to know what everyone opinion of MegaBloks sets/bricks? Do the other sets fare any better?

The only other sets from MegaBloks Im looking at is the StarCraft Universe sets that suppose to come out this Spring 2013. But if they are anything like the WoW sets, then I guess I can wait for the clearance sales.

The only worthwhile megabloks sets are the recent Halo ones. The Xth anniversary warthog is really nice, the Longsword launchpad is decent, and I am currently in the process of building the Forward Unto Dawn which is really neat. (Its built in two halves and both halves connect and are breakable along with a removable roof to display the figures inside.)

#1396 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Kingdoms Joust is $90 on Amazon. Guess I should've waited, rather than springing for the $103 Like New deal I got from AWD a few weeks ago. Oh well.

Thanks for the tip! I finally broke down and ordered 2 for my collection. Probably won't get much better than 25% off, and may go OOP soon with the next Castle series coming soon.

#1397 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

I have no recent experience with Mega Bloks but my ons had a couple Halo sets from a few years ago and they sucked. Bricks do not hold together well.
I have a couple of Transformers Kreo sets, much better than Mega Bloks but not as good as Lego.

#1398 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

I'm no brick snob, this is CAG afterall, I'd bathe in cheap knockoffs if I could. But apparently, only Lego has actually figured out how to make plastic interlocking blocks that actually, you know, interlock.

#1399 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Thanks for the tip! I finally broke down and ordered 2 for my collection. Probably won't get much better than 25% off, and may go OOP soon with the next Castle series coming soon.

I would pick up the chess set as well.

#1400 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

I already did when it first came out. :) But thanks!

#1401 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

I would pick up the chess set as well.

Are the chess sets still available in Lego stores? I kinda forgot about the 2012 version, so I haven't bought it yet. I didn't notice it when I stopped at my Lego store last week, but then I wasn't looking specifically for it. I could always buy from S@H, but then I'd be out $7 for shipping.

#1402 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Architecture Brandenburg Gate 21011 is now $23 on Amazon.

And AWD has a Kingdoms Carriage Ambush set for $33 and the City Police station for $65, that's 35% off.

#1403 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Are the chess sets still available in Lego stores? I kinda forgot about the 2012 version, so I haven't bought it yet. I didn't notice it when I stopped at my Lego store last week, but then I wasn't looking specifically for it. I could always buy from S@H, but then I'd be out $7 for shipping.

Its still in stock online for the same price as in store and my nearby store has a ton of Joust and Chess available.

#1404 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Walmart has some sets on sale...

Frieds Stable is $34 (30% off)
http://www.walmart.c...ay-Set/21097220

X-Men Chopper is $15.
http://www.walmart.c...indingMethod=rr

The Moster Fighter $20 set is $13.

#1405 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

X-Men Chopper is $15.

The Moster Fighter $20 set is $13.

Nice, I'm gonna hit up Target and get them to price match these with their new policy. Extra 5% with RedCard is the cherry on top.

#1406 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

I want the Chess set myself, and I'm thinking about just ordering one. The $7 shipping charge is cheaper than gas to get to the nearest Lego Store.

Well today was a major dud. Went to that further away Walmart and they had two Falcons but still full price. They had a TON of Whitecap Bay PotC sets for $54.00. I wasn't that interested in it though. Then I discovered that my week old pair of jeans had split from my back pocket down to my knee. So I grabbed a new pair of jeans at that Walmart and ran over to the nearby Arby's to change and get some lunch. Stopped by the Kmart in the same town and they had nothing. They had an Ultimate Build Lightning Queen but it was still full price.

On the way back hit another Kmart. The Twin Pod Cloud Car set was $7.00 but I already have it. They also had one Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen left. Otherwise nothing.

Go the Walmart to the east of town, and nothing again. They did have this 30 car Hot Wheels set for $60 down from $100 which was kind of cool, but still not worth that much.

Hit the Target on that side of town, and they had nothing on sale or clearance for Lego. They did however have a couple Orc Forges, but at full price. At this point the snow is starting to stick so I decide I'm just going to hit the Kmart by me and grab the Forbidden Forest set.

Get to that Kmart and both Forbidden Forest sets are gone. All the 2013 sets except the TMNT ones were also removed from the Lego aisle.

So I go over to the Walmart two and a half blocks from my house. I find two Falcons... at full price. Run over to the clearance section and they had an Alien Conquest Mothership for $30, and a big Hero Factory Set for $15 (both half price). Not interested in either. They did have a bunch of Ultimate Build Mater sets for $14.50, so I grabbed one for a friend of mine that's a huge Cars fan. They also had the Kreo Optimus Prime for $30 and the little Kreo Mirage set for $5.00. I got that little Mirage set from Kmart for $2.00 a few weeks back.

Basically at this point I accepted defeat for today, ran over to Gamestop to get the Ezio trilogy, and headed home.

#1407 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I'd love an Alien Conquest set for $30. Living where there are people my walmarts and Targets haven't had any Alien Conquest sets in about a year.

There is a new LEGO Batman: The Movie: DC Unites DVD comes out in May, probably will be 26 minutes long. :roll: Anyways the exclusive minifiure is Kent Clark changing into Superman, it's pretty sweet.

#1408 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Is that Minifigs for $1 universal at Wal Mart or is it more of a YMMV? there's a Wal Mart less than 5 miles from my house, but I don't really like going in there. It just feels un-clean.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#1409 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Wal-Mart clearance is YMMV, every store I've been too though has had these marked down.

#1410 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'm trying to score at least one more of Jabba's Palace, Helm's Deep, Attack on the Weathertop, Hobbit Shire Unexpected Gathering, Wargs, Mines of Moria, the Vampyre Castle, and the Ghost Train at the Target 70% off clearance prices. Everything else I have at least doubles on. I ended up getting another Orc Forge, 3 Uruk-Hai Army, 3 Loki Cosmic Cube Escape, and 3 Gandalf Arrives sets for $10.98, $8.98 each, $5.98 each, and $3.88 each.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif