LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6059 replies to this topic

#2491 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

I got my order placed on Saturday today. Just the vanilla x wing plus the ironman speedboat set. Got the Han and yoda poster too, but what was cool is that they threw in 3 series ten packs and the $20 Chima speedorz set for free! Way cool as I wanted to buy that for my son anyway.

I got a free Chima starter set. At first I worried they got my order wrong, but it was just a random freebie.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#2492 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hey can I get your guys opinions on the Lone Ranger sets.I am thinking about collecting all the sets and I am trying to decide if I should buy them early at retail or wait for sales or clearances.

Question 1: What do you think of the sets in general?
Question 2: What do you think the long term availability will be in stores and online.Will they either sell well or bomb and will they have a short run in stores or be on store shelves for a year like Prince of Persia.

Thanks

#2493 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

I'm impressed by the lone ranger sets. Especially the mine set. Way co with a lot of play features.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#2494 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

So I got an Amazon camel alert email this morning. Apparently the Palace Cinema hit $149 at 4am. I missed it and it's already back to $214.

#2495 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

The B-Wing I ordered from Lego, which wasn't going to ship until the 16th, shipped yesterday. Sweet!

This actually pisses me off a bit. Not at you, but at Lego, since I ordered mine at like 12:05 AM right when the sale went live and it hasn't shipped yet (the Han Solo mini-figure has though).

#2496 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

LEGO for several years now has used a third party shipping company that sucks at shipping. They have no clue what they are doing.

I like The Lone Ranger sets a lot, but I doubt there is any rush to buy them being the movie doens't come out for months.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#2497 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

I noticed that the Walmart app on Android now lists the clearance prices from your local stores. One of my local stores have awesome prices ($20 Quinjets and Batcaves, $70 Millennium Falcon) but sold out in everything. I'm tempted to do a return/rebuy but I feel like that isn't fair to the store.

#2498 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Yeah, the email I got made me think the B-Wing had shipped, but then I got an email about it being delayed. They had just shipped my Han fig, poster, and this random Chima starter set that I don't want nor need. Guess my friend's kid will like it.
FadeToOne.png

#2499 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

Yeah, the email I got made me think the B-Wing had shipped, but then I got an email about it being delayed. They had just shipped my Han fig, poster, and this random Chima starter set that I don't want nor need. Guess my friend's kid will like it.

Donate it to Brickset, they have a charity event to raise money for childrens' hospitals.

Following the success of the raffle kevbags ran in September that raised £300 for a children's cancer ward, he's organising another, this time with loads of great hard-to-find LEGO prizes, and with proceeds being distributed to hospitals worldwide:

- Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, UK
- Glasgow York Hill, UK
- Indianapolis Peyton Manning St Vincent, USA
- Canberra Hospital Foundation, Australia.

Tickets cost just £1 (multiple tickets allowed), payment via PayPal to kg323@hotmail.com. Please include your Brickset ID (main site or forum) in the comments and use 'I'm sending money to family or friends' or the 'gift' option so we are not throwing money away on fees.

Anyone can enter -- wherever you are in the world -- but you'll need a PayPal account which means you have to be over 18 (I believe).

Find out more in the forum, and good luck!

#2500 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

Hey can I get your guys opinions on the Lone Ranger sets.I am thinking about collecting all the sets and I am trying to decide if I should buy them early at retail or wait for sales or clearances.

Question 2: What do you think the long term availability will be in stores and online.Will they either sell well or bomb and will they have a short run in stores or be on store shelves for a year like Prince of Persia.

Thanks

I like The Lone Ranger sets. I see them more as excellent Western sets than Lone Ranger. Which is probably a good thing because I really don't see the movie doing well. I suspect it will be like Prince of Persia.
Fight for the Lost

#2501 TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

I got my B-Wing in today with that Chima set in it as well, I was confused too. Too bad it wasnt just about any line but Chima. lol. Might have to hold off building it till i move this summer as I have zero display space at the moment.

#2502 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

This actually pisses me off a bit. Not at you, but at Lego, since I ordered mine at like 12:05 AM right when the sale went live and it hasn't shipped yet (the Han Solo mini-figure has though).

Oh, don't be. I misread the email. Like you, they just shipped Han Solo and the poster. That's...weird to me. Why would they do that?

Found a fresh-looking end-display of Series 10 at Target. No Mr. Gold. Waste of time looking for him. I don't know if I'll do that again, but how often will I run into relatively fresh displays? I also wonder how fast I could get at identifying blind bags.

I really like the Lone Ranger sets, and I agree with dualedge2 -- they work as excellent Western sets. I don't care about/have no interest in the movie. Given that it's only because of Lego that I even know about it, it doesn't point to it being a big success.

I don't even like Westerns, but I like these sets. I don't want to wait for the Stagecoach -- usually I don't care for vehicles, but this one is terrific and the figures are also, and there are a ton of them.

As for the market, who knows? Will kids like a Western theme or will they pass? I think the sets will appeal to parents and grandparents, but if the movie is a giant bomb, that may affect their purchases, too.

I am waiting for a sale, only because I have no time for Lego right now anyway, so it doesn't matter if I get them now or months from now. So, I'll wait for a decent sale on the small sets and a substantial sale on the bigger ones.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#2503 kronix29

kronix29

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

hit the walmart today,and to my suprise they had series 10 minifigures so i picked up 4,and i got medusa,ships captain,british soldier? and a mr gold #3232.so that was cool.

#2504 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

hit the walmart today,and to my suprise they had series 10 minifigures so i picked up 4,and i got medusa,ships captain,british soldier? and a mr gold #3232.so that was cool.

Pics or it didn't happen.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#2505 SackAttack

SackAttack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

I think I've got series 10 about halfway collected so far. Maybe 7/16? No gold minifigs in my bags so far, though.

#2506 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Still haven't seen series 10 anywhere. Target & Meijer are usually my go-tos but they're still flooded with Series 9. My guess is that they have 'em but are waiting to put them out until the 9s disappear.

#2507 kronix29

kronix29

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

how do i post a pic?

#2508 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

^ I have been here for years and haven't figured that out yet. :lol:

My bad, I bought LEGO Champion, not Creationary. I had been looking at buying that one too.

I bought LEGO Champion for $11.xx from AWD. 200 pieces, most 2x4 and some micro guys isn't a bad deal to me. Plus I needed some washers and such for a hose, added a LEGO baseplate for the normal price, which is hard to find, and just got over $25. I'm trying to get as many micro guys and all the Heroica sets before they completely disappear. I should have bought them when TRU had a B2G1F sale online months ago.

Edited by bigdaddy, 11 May 2013 - 03:03 AM.

#2509 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

I like the Lone Ranger stuff too. Though I don't intend to use them as western sets. A bit of modding and the train can go in my city and the same for the mine (be it city or fantasy). The buildings are nice too. I'm not that keen on the stagecoach. It's a great stagecoach but it isn't something I was clamoring for.

They did a far better job on these than the mostly terrible Man of Steel and mediocre Iron Man 3 (Except of course Zamboni Mandarin. Heh.)

Oh, don't be. I misread the email. Like you, they just shipped Han Solo and the poster. That's...weird to me. Why would they do that?

Found a fresh-looking end-display of Series 10 at Target. No Mr. Gold. Waste of time looking for him. I don't know if I'll do that again, but how often will I run into relatively fresh displays? I also wonder how fast I could get at identifying blind bags.

I really like the Lone Ranger sets, and I agree with dualedge2 -- they work as excellent Western sets. I don't care about/have no interest in the movie. Given that it's only because of Lego that I even know about it, it doesn't point to it being a big success.

I don't even like Westerns, but I like these sets. I don't want to wait for the Stagecoach -- usually I don't care for vehicles, but this one is terrific and the figures are also, and there are a ton of them.

As for the market, who knows? Will kids like a Western theme or will they pass? I think the sets will appeal to parents and grandparents, but if the movie is a giant bomb, that may affect their purchases, too.

I am waiting for a sale, only because I have no time for Lego right now anyway, so it doesn't matter if I get them now or months from now. So, I'll wait for a decent sale on the small sets and a substantial sale on the bigger ones.

#2510 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

Congrats! No Mr. Gold for me. I'm buying them through the online store just to guarantee (Hopefully) that they haven't been searched and I have 31 minifigs, but no gold or 4 others.

#2511 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Picked up the Kreo USS Missouri on AWD for 24.xx. Looks kind of ugly, but for the price seemed like it may be worth it.

#2512 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

how do i post a pic?

I just bought LEGO Creationary for $11.xx from AWD. 200 pieces, most 2x4 and some micro guys isn't a bad deal to me. Plus I needed some washers and such for a hose, added a LEGO baseplate for the normal price, which is hard to find, and just got over $25. I'm trying to get as many micro guys and all the Heroica sets before they completely disappear. I should have bought them when TRU had a B2G1F sale online months ago.

Upload pics to any pic sharing/hosting site (imgr, photobucket, etc.), then take the link to said pic and use the "Insert Image" Posted Image button above the text field for your post.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2513 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

how do i post a pic?

Just use a host like photobucket, then you can just paste a link here back to the photo or insert that link in the "insert image" right above.

#2514 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Was browsing the Fry's site as I do every Friday to check the ad, and decided to search a bit. They actually have a few older Lego sets that are out of print/harder to find now available for shipping and/or in store pickup. Prices are virtually all MSRP, and I've heard their shipping costs suck, but perhaps some of you could be in the market for some of these sets. Series 5, 7, and 8 minifigs for $1.99, Toy Story Woody's Toy Roundup for $49.99, a bunch of the Alien Invasion, Atlantis, and Dino Attack sets at MSRP.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2515 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Still haven't seen series 10 anywhere. Target & Meijer are usually my go-tos but they're still flooded with Series 9. My guess is that they have 'em but are waiting to put them out until the 9s disappear.

Chances are, they had them out. Over here, in 3 stores, it's been the same thing. The put the box out, it's empty a couple hours later.

#2516 Max Power

Max Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Was browsing the Fry's site as I do every Friday to check the ad, and decided to search a bit. They actually have a few older Lego sets that are out of print/harder to find now available for shipping and/or in store pickup. Prices are virtually all MSRP, and I've heard their shipping costs suck, but perhaps some of you could be in the market for some of these sets. Series 5, 7, and 8 minifigs for $1.99, Toy Story Woody's Toy Roundup for $49.99, a bunch of the Alien Invasion, Atlantis, and Dino Attack sets at MSRP.

Yep, shipping absolutely kills any deals. Probably cheaper to go through ebay.

#2517 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Your stores might just get in series 10 later. My KMart and Target got in series 9 late, and TRU sold out for awhile, but then were very easy to find.

#2518 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

I just bought LEGO Creationary for $11.xx from AWD. 200 pieces, most 2x4 and some micro guys isn't a bad deal to me. Plus I needed some washers and such for a hose, added a LEGO baseplate for the normal price, which is hard to find, and just got over $25. I'm trying to get as many micro guys and all the Heroica sets before they completely disappear. I should have bought them when TRU had a B2G1F sale online months ago.

I got all the heroica sets- I have 2 unopened that I got last week. I play with my son, the games are ok. Creationary for $11 sounds great - I would get that if I saw it-I don't have that one yet. I have a lot of the Lego games.
Smile

#2519 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

I am up visiting my parents so I hit a TRU I don't normally see. Was surprised to see the Toy Story dump truck for $5.50 and grabbed it. They also had World Racers Desert of Destruction which I haven't seen in a while but it was typical TRU tax price, so I passed.

#2520 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

^ That store is really living in the past. :lol:

The worst thing is wasn't the TS truck $20 or something nuts? I got it for $6ish from Kmart. Nice little set.

Heroica rules are lame, but I have some nerdy friends and we would be able to make it better.

Edit...
My bad, I bought LEGO Champion, not Creationary. I had been looking at buying that one too.

Edited by bigdaddy, 11 May 2013 - 03:03 AM.