Photo
- - - - -

10/19 - 10/21 Extra 50% trade bonus @ Gamestop(no pre-orders needed)(limited stores)

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#31 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

remember both deals won't happen in the same weekend 50% starts this Fri 9/28 & again on 10/12.

The only thing is they're stuck in their ways & refuse to understand that GS exclusive DLC that may show up in a GOTY/complete edition isn't good enuf to compete with $20 credit. If BB can get the instant RZ point system up & running they'll have the gaming world in the palm of their hands.
http://forums.bestbu...uy/idi-p/547674

The Newegg $10, $12, and $15 off pre-orders kick both GS and BBY in the flap. But the GS $10 off coke code is pretty damn good.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#32 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

The Newegg $10, $12, and $15 off pre-orders kick both GS and BBY in the flap. But the GS $10 off coke code is pretty damn good.

Really it only does for the non-AAA games and/or if you are only planning on one game (even then, you can still use the RZ Cert. on other stuff). Otherwise not really considering you might not get the game on release day (and definitely not without paying more) which is a big thing for a lot of people.

Best Buy gets all of my pre-orders now (this coming from someone who has never really pre-ordered anything until they started these deals). The only time I have bought a new game at GS in the past 3 was for the pre-order bonus for NHL 13. Otherwise all new game purchases have belonged to KMart that past three years and now Best Buy.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#33 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

Seriously? A B2G1 and a 50% TiB? Awesome!

That's called the perfect storm :drool: :hot:
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#34 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

They are affecting GS business this is a "test" to see if it has a positive result for GS. Basically, people are getting so much BB credit that there's no need to purchase @ GS with credit. Add in that BB gives far more than the 30% trade in deals, they offer redit vs DLC, the $15 GCU comes with a mag full of coupons & 30-60 price protection and GS becomes very limited. If BB could get their system together & the DLC they do have they'd take over completely.

Overall, this is a great thing for shoppers since competition is what's needed that's why it doesn't make sense for people to want more stores to go under.

I completely agree. The only other thing I'll add is BB needs to get a better variety and stock on used games. I love all the B2G1 sales they have on used games,but my BB has a sad supply of used games that makes the sales useless to me. If they could fix that they'll murder GS.

#35 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

They need to stop banning people then and be smarter about adjusting TIVs.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#36 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:46 AM

they do this near BB's, I noticed this a long time ago. This one gamestop and best buy are about 100 feet away from each other in the same plaza. This gamestop to my surprise has a banner of the side of the store running a 100% trade in promotion just about the same time BB usually is. And this past B2G1 free sale was also the same store.

#37 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

remember both deals won't happen in the same weekend 50% starts this Fri 9/28 & again on 10/12.

The only thing is they're stuck in their ways & refuse to understand that GS exclusive DLC that may show up in a GOTY/complete edition isn't good enuf to compete with $20 credit. If BB can get the instant RZ point system up & running they'll have the gaming world in the palm of their hands.

while true im no convinced best buy is hurting gamestop all that much. for starters BBY employees are universally dumber than anything gamestop churns out. their TIV system at BBY is probably hurting BBY more than helping them(though it helps us) and of course their used game selection is just terrible. but then again the game section is only one portion of the entire store....gamestop is well only games. i doubt the king of retail game stores will so easily be beaten.

the 20 dollar credit is only on select games anyway so.

i also place a lot more faith in my wii u preorder at gamestop over best buy which has 0 control on their inventory.

a B2G1 at gamestop yields potentially far better games.

i do agree gamestop needs to get with the program a little better by pricematching and offering better rewards and whatnot. i hope this is something they fix in the coming year.

not saying BBY is bad...their deals of the day were truly legendary and my wallet truly hates them. but im not sure they overall outrank gamestop.

but then again newegg truly killed it with preorders this fall. nobody beat their 15,12, and 10 dollar off anything promos.

though gamestop has one thing over BBY....mommy taking their kids to unload their old games to gamestop because you can find quite literally any current gen game there. this will forever fuel them

#38 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Lets just say that people better god damn pray that GS never goes out. Because the day they do, that's the day BB will stop the 'deals'. The moment Circuit City went out around here, BB started to suck BIG TIME. Hell, they still suck on most things compared to when CC was around. Its only been better recently because BB is trying to stay alive.

#39 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Ah, I see. Well, it's still great that they will have the 50%. Doesn't matter when it is. I hated the 30% because not only was it less than 50%, but you had to preorder something, then cancel later.

The preordering doesn't even matter to some people like me. Even if Gamestop has DLC, and Best Buy gives a $20 credit, it's still not worth it for me to pay $60 for a game I can get for $10-20 in a about 6 months to a year.

#40 Faulkjr22

Faulkjr22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

Any confirmation of this sale?

#41 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

Title's been updated, but no post from Enuf. I hope this is right, since the 100% bonus of Best Buy is almost over, there's a lot I want to flip from Gamestop to Best Buy.

#42 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hope my local GS is running this tomorrow. Got a bit of store credit I want to burn through.
Posted Image

#43 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Called my local Gamestop beside the best buy here that always does these and they had nothing in their email about it this morning.

#44 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Any confirmation of this sale?

the stores I know about did 50% last weekend. I just called them & they stated they will know there promos by 7pm tonight I'll uodate again then.

Title's been updated, but no post from Enuf. I hope this is right, since the 100% bonus of Best Buy is almost over, there's a lot I want to flip from Gamestop to Best Buy.

From what I heard the 100% will be extended till Dec. no exact date as of yet though.

#45 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

confirmed
for the previous stores that had it before

#46 EcchiBoi

EcchiBoi

Backlogged CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

I need to find some deals to flip GS credit -> BB credit.
My Backlog Discussion Thread, My XBL DLC Trade List, My PSN DLC Trade List

#47 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

Awesome. Can't wait.

And Enuf, there's conflicting information about the end of the 100%. The ad says it's over on Sunday, but numerous Best Buy reps say it will end in December. Not sure which is true. Here's hoping it goes until December.

#48 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

Is there any way to find out what stores are doing this other than calling around? Or does anyone know if any DFW stores are doing it?
My games/what I'm playing - www.backloggery.com/kamakazi5

#49 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Is there any way to find out what stores are doing this other than calling around? Or does anyone know if any DFW stores are doing it?

try calling the ones close to best buy

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

#50 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

confirmed
for the previous stores that had it before

Called my store that had it before. They said it starts saturday (tomorrow). Shouldn't it be active right now on Friday?

I trust a CAG thread title more than a GS employee. No offense to GS employees.

#51 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Lets just say that people better god damn pray that GS never goes out. Because the day they do, that's the day BB will stop the 'deals'. The moment Circuit City went out around here, BB started to suck BIG TIME. Hell, they still suck on most things compared to when CC was around. Its only been better recently because BB is trying to stay alive.

I miss Circuit City, they had the best price matching policy out of anyone. If you found a lower price they would match it and beat it by 10% of the difference. I mean if you know the price of a product is cheaper and they have it in stock at one store, why even goto another store and deal with the hassle of price matching the first store, hoping they approve it. At least Circuit City created an incentive to doing it.

#52 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

called couple store near best buy and both of them starts today.
Real Men Make Twins

#53 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

They're going back to back with b2g1 before returning to the 50% bonus TIV

#54 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

They're going back to back with b2g1 before returning to the 50% bonus TIV

Bart Scott "Can't Wait"

#55 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

b2g1 is live 50% Trade in is next weekend

#56 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

b2g1 in my email said 14.99 or less

#57 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

This promo is at "limited stores" the email is for all stores I think. Stores near BB have the full b2g1.

#58 mike95

mike95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

Same here, but when I visited the listed store, signage was for B2G1 ANY used game.
Posted Image

#59 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

This promo is at "limited stores" the email is for all stores I think. Stores near BB have the full b2g1.

The screenshot of the email for B2G1 free for games $14.99 or under that I posted (in another thread, evidently, unless my browser's messing up) specifically states it's for the Gamestop that's in front of a Best Buy here.

#60 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

The screenshot of the email for B2G1 free for games $14.99 or under that I posted (in another thread, evidently, unless my browser's messing up) specifically states it's for the Gamestop that's in front of a Best Buy here.

call that GS to confirm if they're on the same cycle. There are some GS that are doing the 50% trade in now & will have the b2g1 next weekend.