Photo
- - - - -

TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#721 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

I know this is a dumb question will they work on a Macbook? Lol

Surprisingly the PC section in the Best Buy that I went to (Downey, CA) Had quite a few games that were mac-compatible. Only one from this promo that I remember is RAGE, which is a hell of a game. ;)

Not sure if the promo applies to max games though. =/

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#722 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

Surprisingly the PC section in the Best Buy that I went to (Downey, CA) Had quite a few games that were mac-compatible. Only one from this promo that I remember is RAGE, which is a hell of a game. ;)

Oh really? Thats good to hear :) thanks!

#723 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

Oh really? Thats good to hear :) thanks!

No problem man, it's definitely worth looking into while there's still a possibility of getting a price match. ;)

#724 mark_IV

mark_IV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

I know this is a dumb question will they work on a Macbook? Lol

I believe all of the Blizzard games (Diablo, Starcraft) are PC/Mac.

#725 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

I believe all of the Blizzard games (Diablo, Starcraft) are PC/Mac.

Im looking at the boxes for Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 right now and they are indeed mac compatible
Posted Image
Posted Image

#726 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

I passed on Skyrim since it will be a really long time before I get around to playing it, and seems that all the previous games in the series have GOTY editions with extra content, so might as well wait for that version to eventually be released.

#727 Alcaeora

Alcaeora

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Yesterday I went to frys to try to get a pm for starcraft 2 but the employee already knew about the tru sale and told me they wouldn't match it because they were out of stock at the tru they called. So today I went to bb and I was able to pm starcraft 2 no problem which is awesome because my friends have been bugging me to get starcraft 2 for a long time now and so far its a lot of fun :)

#728 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Ugh I must stop reading this thread. I'm happy for all that have gotten PM'ed at BB. I'm just a little sad that I had rotten luck there...twice.

#729 Cloulien

Cloulien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

that would be great. i'd be willing to try with a print of the page for skyrim.

Uploaded the scans of the printouts I used to get my copys of Diablo 3, StarCraft 2, and Skyrim for you https://docs.google....NHI5cURYamh3dnM. Let me know if there are any problems accessing it. Good Luck and I hope it helps you out.

#730 missingno81

missingno81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

I wonder why all these people are complaining over other places not price matching when those other businesses clearly state they won't price match clearance or if out of stock items.

#731 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

Because it's a stupid rule and we don't care about it being out of stock. It says in big, bold letters "PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE," not "Price match with a bunch of loopholes we can exploit to make sure you don't get a lower price guarantee."

I went today to a much closer Best Buy to PM Skyrim. Yesterday when I went, I forgot to look for Skyrim so I didn't get it and it's too far for me to go again. They shot me down. I told them that rule is ridiculous. I said, why price match unless the store we'd normally get it for is out of stock? That's the only reason for a price match. She said, no, you price match, because you want to buy it at Best Buy rather than another store. I gave her a "are you stupid" look.

I call :bs:

#732 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Because it's a stupid rule and we don't care about it being out of stock. It says in big, bold letters "PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE," not "Price match with a bunch of loopholes we can exploit to make sure you don't get a lower price guarantee."

I went today to a much closer Best Buy to PM Skyrim. Yesterday when I went, I forgot to look for Skyrim so I didn't get it and it's too far for me to go again. They shot me down. I told them that rule is ridiculous. I said, why price match unless the store we'd normally get it for is out of stock? That's the only reason for a price match. She said, no, you price match, because you want to buy it at Best Buy rather than another store. I gave her a "are you stupid" look.

I agree that people have a reason to be mad, but the whole reason why retailers have price matching is to get customers to come to them instead. What company would price match something that's almost 60-90% off retail price if that supply has diminished? It just doesn't make sense to do that.

Of course, we're more than happy to accept a price match, but from the company's perspective it's completely nonsensical.

#733 xactionbobx

xactionbobx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Picked up Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 Premium edition at BB last night. I got the same story about calling to ensure quantity was available, and of course, it wasn't (I had already checked), but I let her call anyway. After finding out there was no stock, she told me she was sorry but she couldn't offer me the price match. I politely asked to speak to a manager, as I explained to her that "I realize you are just doing your job, but I would like to speak to a manager if that's OK, it's too big of a discount not to ask". She agreed, and grabbed the nearest manager, who price matched without question, shook my hand and said "I'll take care of you guys (my friend went along with me), thanks for coming to BB, we appreciate you guys and I appreciate someone finding a good bargain." This was at the BB on Nicholasville Rd. in Lexington. It took about 20 minutes, but was an overall pleasant experience. I didn't even realize that the Premium Edition of BF3 wasn't included, but I suppose that's the way fortunes wheel works... time for the trip to the bottom LOL :)

Also, this BB has PLENTY of SCII, MW3, D3 and others available. I'm unsure of how the PM would go, unless that same manager was available, and unfortunately, I did not catch his name...

Edited by xactionbobx, 09 October 2012 - 02:22 PM.
edit

#734 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

She must have been looking at you with the same look...lol.

She is right. A price match policy is in place so that you can buy it at one store instead of another. It's not in place so that when the other store runs out you can still get the deal elsewhere.

People have legitimate reasons for choosing one store over another - in store credit, points program, distance, or mere convenience.

I hate the rule as much as the next man just because my luck is most employees I try to get a match with either actually call to confirm stock or give me a hard time. I would love to have a store where employees just confirm price and match, but I don't.

If you think it through, had many of us CAGs went the store price match route to begin with instead of driving around to tons of TRUs from the jump we might have been able to get the games we wanted if some of these games had still been in stock.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#735 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Picked up Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 Premium edition at BB last night. I got the same story about calling to ensure quantity was available, and of course, it wasn't (I had already checked), but I let her call anyway. After finding out there was no stock, she told me she was sorry but she couldn't offer me the price match. I politely asked to speak to a manager, as I explained to her that "I realize you are just doing your job, but I would like to speak to a manager if that's OK, it's too big of a discount not to ask". She agreed, and grabbed the nearest manager, who price matched without question, shook my hand and said "I'll take care of you guys (my friend went along with me), thanks for coming to BB, we appreciate you guys and I appreciate someone finding a good bargain." This was at the BB on Nicholasville Rd. in Lexington. It took about 20 minutes, but was an overall pleasant experience. I didn't even realize that the Premium Edition of BF3 wasn't included, but I suppose that's the way fortunes wheel works... time for the trip to the bottom LOL :)

Also, this BB has PLENTY of SCII, MW3, D3 and others available. I'm unsure of how the PM would go, unless that same manager was available, and unfortunately, I did not catch his name...

lol, I also got my games from that BB. They price matched for me without a problem. I went back to try to get a premium edition of BF3 after I read other people were getting lucky, probably would have helped if I had known when I got the first couple of games.

#736 xactionbobx

xactionbobx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

lol, I also got my games from that BB. They price matched for me without a problem. I went back to try to get a premium edition of BF3 after I read other people were getting lucky, probably would have helped if I had known when I got the first couple of games.

I'm fairly certain I grabbed the last copy of BF3 Premium, but I am now having doubts about actually playing it. I have it up for trade for 2 MW3's though, if you are interested. Just trying to help some friends (and actually have some people I know to play multiplayer with lol).

Also, it's nice to know there are some CAG's locally!

#737 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

So my Starcraft 2 shipped. Price not changed automatcially. Didn't think it would be other thasn wishful thinking. Should be here today actually and I'll go see how the fork the $30 back.

So this thread got me $180 worth of games for $30. I'm thinking this is deal of the year. Crunch time coming though.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#738 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

I'm fairly certain I grabbed the last copy of BF3 Premium, but I am now having doubts about actually playing it. I have it up for trade for 2 MW3's though, if you are interested. Just trying to help some friends (and actually have some people I know to play multiplayer with lol).

Yeah it was the last when I tried to get it so that must be the same copy. I'm good though, I didn't want it that bad and I don't have a way to get MW3 since BB is an hour away from me.

#739 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Nope. My total playtime for all Blizzard games is zero. It's not that I don't like them. It's that I know I will love them and become addicted.

Wise.

If you do pick up the Battlechest, let me know. I've not fired up D2 in a while, but it is certainly sitting there installed on my system. I'd be up for starting back up with a new character for a play-through.

#740 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Make that 3!! That's the one next to the Toys R Us, correct? I always stop at it when I go to Lexington (I'm in E'town). Great store and hood reports from me as well!! Btw, the Chinese restaurant around the corner SUCKS!

#741 xactionbobx

xactionbobx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Make that 3!! That's the one next to the Toys R Us, correct? I always stop at it when I go to Lexington (I'm in E'town). Great store and hood reports from me as well!! Btw, the Chinese restaurant around the corner SUCKS!

Yup that's the one! The employees are generally great, but every now and then you get that one... :)

And thanks for the heads up on the chinese... I'll be sure to avoid that!

#742 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

If you think it through, had many of us CAGs went the store price match route to begin with instead of driving around to tons of TRUs from the jump we might have been able to get the games we wanted if some of these games had still been in stock.

Many of us did including myself. Shame the 6-8 stores in a 50 mile radius carried only a few copies of SC2 & MW3 at best.

So this thread got me $180 worth of games for $30. I'm thinking this is deal of the year. Crunch time coming though.

Agreed 8-)

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#743 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

Went to TRU. Gave me a $32 gift card. So Starcraft 1(BC) and 2, Diablo 3, and Skyrim. $40 for some prime gaming.

I asked the manager and he said he wasn't sure if the B2G1 was a sure thing this year. Said next week they'll be a Buy 1 Get 40% off Sale. I would make a thread but I don't have details. He made it sound like all game but who knows.

#744 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

Stopped at a BBy today and they said they don't match clearance prices. Oh well.

#745 kraken613

kraken613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

I was able to go today and pick up a 2nd copy of SC2 at Best Buy for my good friend. Still had about 8 copies of both SC2 and Diablo 3 in Daytona Beach at Best Buy.

#746 timmywanabreak

timmywanabreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

Went to 2 different best buys, one says they cant price match items that is out of stock (he looked at it online on the TRU site) and another place said they cant price match it because it is bad for business...

Anybody in Houston that knows a BBY that actually price match's without a problem? I really want to get SC2 and D3 :(

#747 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

Went to 2 different best buys, one says they cant price match items that is out of stock (he looked at it online on the TRU site) and another place said they cant price match it because it is bad for business...

Anybody in Houston that knows a BBY that actually price match's without a problem? I really want to get SC2 and D3 :(

I have tried basically all in north Houston...

I had success but my friend went to get a copy today and got turned down.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#748 TweakX

TweakX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:22 AM

Atlest they told you that. My BB here told me they just dont PM TRU at all and any BB that does is breaking the rules. I just have shit luck when it comes to these kinds of sells. I want the game to play but cant get it and yet there are a handful of people on here that buy a shit ton of copies to turn around and make a profit on. The same thing happen to me with the SWTOR Collectors edition and Kmart.

#749 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

I lucked up at the one in Meyerland but I shouldn't have. The manager was too busy and the desk folks tried to call but were too lazy. Galleria area one is a no go.

I bet the one over there near Gessner might be lucky. It's small, dingy. Probably low morale working in that store as well.

#750 timmywanabreak

timmywanabreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

I lucked up at the one in Meyerland but I shouldn't have. The manager was too busy and the desk folks tried to call but were too lazy. Galleria area one is a no go.

I bet the one over there near Gessner might be lucky. It's small, dingy. Probably low morale working in that store as well.

The gessner and 59 one was one of the ones I went to lol, they told me they could not do it because it would be bad for business. He was called over so I assume he was the manager and he did not look pleased when he saw such a price difference. I'll try the Meyerland one, hopefully TRU still has the price online by then.