Photo
- - - - -

TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#751 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

if you see the short female Hispanic manager, get your hopes down.

And really, the bummiest best buy I've ever seen claimed a sale is bad for their business? Not making a sale is bad for business. O_o
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#752 missingno81

missingno81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

Bought out the remaining supply of pc games near me SC2, ACR, BM: AC and BF3 at BB. Apparently all the TRU around me only have Skyrim Collectors and not the clearance one.

#753 thebert

thebert

In The Friend Zone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

...and another place said they cant price match it because it is bad for business...

I would have called them out on that. I know why they actually price match, so OOS is an ok reason, but saying the price match is too low and therefore it's bad for business essentially makes their price match guarantee, "We will price match any store if we feel like it isn't that good of a deal"...

#754 crzyjoeguy

crzyjoeguy

King of Beers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

I would have called them out on that. I know why they actually price match, so OOS is an ok reason, but saying the price match is too low and therefore it's bad for business essentially makes their price match guarantee, "We will price match any store if we feel like it isn't that good of a deal"...

but... price matching clearence items that that store still carries all the time is bad for buisness...
Posted Image

#755 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Hopefully pm'ing all these copies and taking a big loss isnt what finally puts BB out.of business. Gotta figure they are losing money by the boatload on this

#756 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Pretty sure all this PM'ing is a drop in the bucket for BB.

#757 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

BB is going out of business because of lackluster customer service and a well-deserved negative reputation due to a history of uninformed associates pushing $100 monster cables on old ladies.

#758 skate4music

skate4music

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

I checked my 2 local TRUs and could not find any of the games.
Since I was going to Best Buy to get some movies I figured I would try to get a price match.
I got the last copy of Diablo 3 off the shelf and a copy of Starcraft 2 (these are the only ones I wanted). Went to customer service. Mentioned I wanted to pm Tru, the girl there had said she had pmed some the other day. She checked to make sure they were still on sale on the site and then pmed them no problem.
I paid and walked away very happy.

#759 thebert

thebert

In The Friend Zone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

but... price matching clearence items that that store still carries all the time is bad for buisness...

true. I mean essentially we are all just exploiting the fact that TRU didn't put the word "clearance" on their website for the items. If they did, no one would have gotten a price match, and rightfully so.

I mean w/e. Best Buy has their loopholes, and so do we. You win some, you lose some, I suppose.

#760 TheRyno665

TheRyno665

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Any CAGs in Toledo? I just went to the TRU on Monroe St. and they had about 2 copies each of AC:Revelations, Arkham City, Sims 3 Ambitions, Old Republic and 1 copy of the Starcraft Battle Chest. The TRU on Reynolds doesn't have crap, though.

#761 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

I wouldn't get a PM on Batman:AC unless you want the physical disk. Amazon Digital has a Batman bundle [AA GOTY + AC] for $10 this week [both are STEAM keys]

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#762 legendarydogs

legendarydogs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Anyone have success at best buy at old orchard in skokie, il? I went and they said I have to buy pokemon to get it for 70% off which was not even true. I argued with them and how it said less than $20 games get the 70% off discount and since the game is now less than $20 it showed that deal up as well.

another just said they dont price match clearance games.

edit - tried another and they said they got an email from corporate saying they will not be price matching toys r us anymore because of the pc clearance sale.

Edited by legendarydogs, 10 October 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#763 Mendelson9

Mendelson9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

Went to Best Buy today and the manager said they only price match in-store items and not online prices. Strange because I showed the online price for SSX from GameStop last week and they priced matched that to $20

Lame.

#764 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

With Best Buy accepting tons of PS2 games from last weeks Gamestop sale, I doubt they are hurting with the added inventory they accumulated.

#765 PnoyChillin

PnoyChillin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

Just picked up 2 copies of SC2 at the Walmart in Orange, CA with no problems. Thanks OP!

#766 mark_IV

mark_IV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

Anyone have success at best buy at old orchard in skokie, il? I went and they said I have to buy pokemon to get it for 70% off which was not even true. I argued with them and how it said less than $20 games get the 70% off discount and since the game is now less than $20 it showed that deal up as well.

edit - tried another and they said they got an email from corporate saying they will not be price matching toys r us anymore because of the pc clearance sale.

I can confirm the memo as the customer service rep helping me was in the process of price matching my copy of Starcraft II when another employee stepped in and pulled up the memo and shot down the price match.

#767 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

I can confirm the memo as the customer service rep helping me was in the process of price matching my copy of Starcraft II when another employee stepped in and pulled up the memo and shot down the price match.

I wonder if the ones that did PM are getting yelled at. o.O

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#768 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

true. I mean essentially we are all just exploiting the fact that TRU didn't put the word "clearance" on their website for the items. If they did, no one would have gotten a price match, and rightfully so.

I mean w/e. Best Buy has their loopholes, and so do we. You win some, you lose some, I suppose.

Stop being rational you crazy bastard. Best Buy is the primary cause behind the decline of consumer rights and Western civilization.

I did PM there but it was only 1 or 2 days after the story broke here. These tremendously advantageous deals have a short half-life, but half the time it's a crap-shoot on which cashier, CS robot, or manager you encounter. Give it another shot if it makes sense to do so.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#769 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

BB is going out of business because of lackluster customer service and a well-deserved negative reputation due to a history of uninformed associates pushing $100 monster cables on old ladies.

lmaaao.

y'all PM'ing BF3 Premium are getting a steal, since its not even listed on sale on the site lol.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#770 biodole

biodole

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

South Florida Walmart and Best Buy stores will NOT honor this deal as a price match:

Walmart managers at 16 locations have all said the same thing - "Item must be from a flyer or ad, and not printed from online. Item must also be IN STOCK at the local store and only original flyers will be accepted."

Best buy managers at 12 locations have all said the same thing as well - "We do not honor the Toys R Us deal because it is a clearance item."

Anyone else have luck anywhere else in the South Florida area???

#771 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

I think this deal is just about dead, almost all best buys have caught on that's its a clearance item now.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#772 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

I managed to get my local Walmart to price match Diablo III.

I was in there picking up some batteries today and I decided to take a chance and ask the customer service desk what their policy was regarding price matching deals that are only listed online. To my great surprise, they said that as long as I could show it to them on my smartphone, they'd do the price match. They told me to go get the items that I wanted.

I went back to the electronic section to see what they had in stock, and the only games that they had were Diablo III & Starcraft 2. I grabbed them both and took them to the CS desk. When I showed them the price online, the CS rep's eyes bugged out. She had to call the manager (or at least, the person in charge at the moment) over because she wasn't expecting it to be over 50% off. After several minutes thinking about it, the manager said that they weren't sure if they could do it. Then after a few more moments, she said that she'd let me have one of them at the price match price and to choose which one. I chose Diablo III.

I'm stunned that I actually got them to say yes to the price match. Even if it was for only one of the games. I kinda get the feeling that I got away with something because the woman in charge said that she was gonna have to ask the head honcho for some clarification on the price matching policy. I'm not sure if they were supposed to do what they did for me. Hopefully I didn't get anybody in trouble.

#773 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

I managed to get my local Walmart to price match Diablo III.

I was in there picking up some batteries today and I decided to take a chance and ask the customer service desk what their policy was regarding price matching deals that are only listed online. To my great surprise, they said that as long as I could show it to them on my smartphone, they'd do the price match. They told me to go get the items that I wanted.

I went back to the electronic section to see what they had in stock, and the only games that they had were Diablo III & Starcraft 2. I grabbed them both and took them to the CS desk. When I showed them the price online, the CS rep's eyes bugged out. She had to call the manager (or at least, the person in charge at the moment) over because she wasn't expecting it to be over 50% off. After several minutes thinking about it, the manager said that they weren't sure if they could do it. Then after a few more moments, she said that she'd let me have one of them at the price match price and to choose which one. I chose Diablo III.

I'm stunned that I actually got them to say yes to the price match. Even if it was for only one of the games. I kinda get the feeling that I got away with something because the woman in charge said that she was gonna have to ask the head honcho for some clarification on the price matching policy. I'm not sure if they were supposed to do what they did for me. Hopefully I didn't get anybody in trouble.

you got really lucky, it could of turned out totally different.

#774 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

I can't find any stores in the Boston area with Starcraft II :cry:
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#775 yepsryd

yepsryd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

I asked my local Best Buy if they could price match SC2 since they price matched CODMW3 the day before and I got the awful answer of "NO". The associate told me that they received an EMAIL stating not to price match ToysrUs anymore. I guess from the looks of things around here on CAG, the email was sent company wide.

#776 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

I tried this on Diablo 3 at Best Buy today and they pulled up a forum saying they're not allowed to do the price match. And it did look to be company wide.

#777 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

Was actually able to find AC:R and Skyrim at my local Toys' R Us a little bit ago. Still had a few AC:R's and Batman AC's left. I was sure I missed out on all of the games due to being on vacation all last week.

#778 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Wow I was wondering why this thread didn't die yet. Only to see cags trying to PM an item sold out for weeks now. Did the memo state no PMs to TRU for PC only or everything period?

Congrats cag you killed a PM option at the current best gaming retailer.

#779 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Wow I was wondering why this thread didn't die yet. Only to see cags trying to PM an item sold out for weeks now. Did the memo state no PMs to TRU for PC only or everything period?

Congrats cag you killed a PM option at the current best gaming retailer.

Yep there are always going to be those one or two maroons that have to act like jackasses and ruin future deals just so they can get 12 copies of Diablo III.

#780 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Yep there are always going to be those one or two maroons that have to act like jackasses and ruin future deals just so they can get 12 copies of Diablo III.

you sound surprised, lol. it is bound to happen eventually, with all these ppl lurking, and joining this forum, then openly sharing / bragging about their loots from deals like this.