Photo
- - - - -

TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#121 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

My store just had some World of Warcraft. Basically no PC section.

It took me 10 minutes to find the little PC section.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#122 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

Wifey went to the TRU at Evansville, IN and they had MW3, BF3, Arkham City, AssCreedRev and a couple of Sims 3 games. (grabbed the last MW3 and AC Rev)

The salesperson told her that the games had been reduced since Sept 1st (sounds weird to me, but who knows)
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#123 iamtorsoul

iamtorsoul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

Wife works close to two TRUs (South County St. Louis). She stopped by one and it had AC, Sims Pets and Ambitions, and SC2. The other store was a little strange, they didn't have the games on the shelves. My wife had to ask someone and they told her they had BF3 and AC.

I was looking for Skyrim, MW3 and SC2 (which the first place had, but I decided to skip).

#124 JohnDM

JohnDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

Color me skeptical, but I may go look for myself tomorrow. I dislike going into Toys R Us though, especially empty handed (which is often because it's a sucky store) because it's almost depressing.

#125 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

Has anyone been able to pick up Diablo 3? Getting the feeling that TRU doesn't even keep many copies of that stocked.

#126 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Has anyone been able to pick up Diablo 3? Getting the feeling that TRU doesn't even keep many copies of that stocked.

Yep. If you go back a few pages, I posted a pic of it.

REPOST!
Posted Image

#127 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

Thank you so much Ghostrain!

#128 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

Yep. If you go back a few pages, I posted a pic of it.

REPOST!
Posted Image

Ok, great! I'll have to check the Auburn, MA TRU tomorrow then.

#129 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

Eh, went to check it out and there was nothing left but WOW Cataclysm, AC:R, and Batman AC none of which are especially good deals. C'est la vie.
76561197996844513.png

#130 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

Ok, great! I'll have to check the Auburn, MA TRU tomorrow then.

Good luck & best wishes finding it!

TRU in Kingston, MA did have 1 more copy of SC2 and 1 more D3, when I left (around 1-something PM)...
They also had like 3 copies of MW3, before I left....

Not sure how far or close that is to you, but yeah - if it's near you, you might wanna give them a call and see if they still have some D3 laying around!

#131 TheWesker

TheWesker

$$$$$ Cheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

You're all welcome!

#132 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

You're all welcome!

Yeah, thanks a bunch Ghostrain!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#133 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

You're all welcome!

Thanks man. Also I dont think this has been posted anywhere, which I'm very very surprised

#134 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

Battlefield 3 was just $10 on Origin, so that's not an incredible deal. Best Buy has had ToR at $10 too, but only once IIRC. ACR and the Sims 3 stuff has hit a little above $10 multiple times. They're all worth it at $10, in any case.

Only thing is - some people might want to be lazy and be glad to have the game provided to be on disc already, like in the old days when we bought all of our games from Retail.

SC2, D3, Skyrim, and MW3 are the crazy deals here.

Absolutely. Those are the jaw-dropping deals here.

I've never seen any of those ever so damn dirt-cheap. Not even close - digitally or at retail.
Well...MW3 was $20 last week at BB, but $10 is just even better. :P

#135 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

You're all welcome!

Thank you SO-SO-SO VERY bloody much! :D

#136 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

Only thing is - some people might want to be lazy and be glad to have the game provided to be on disc already, like in the old days when we bought all of out games from Retail.

True, I'd prefer to have Skyrim physically because I have Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim on the 360 physically too. It's still nice to have physical copies.

Absolutely. Those are the jaw-dropping deals here.

I've never seen any of those ever so damn dirt-cheap. Not even close - digitally or at retail.
Well...MW3 was $20 last week at BB, but $10 is just even better. :P

Yeah, I don't see MW3 hitting under $20 anytime soon. I'd bet money that it'll be $25 again in the Steam Winter sale, lol.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#137 kleant24

kleant24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

Just went to my toys r us, the worker told me that they got rid of them. Didn't even elaborate just got rid of them. Weird, I was really bummed that they didn't have any :(. Hopefully a store near me has copies of SC2 or Diablo 3 (Such an awesome game).

#138 chucksyourbuddy

chucksyourbuddy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Thanks for the post! I was fortunate to grab
RAGE
MW3
Batman AC
Skyrim

Edited by chucksyourbuddy, 03 October 2012 - 01:20 AM.
Typo

#139 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

True, I'd prefer to have Skyrim physically because I have Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim on the 360 physically too. It's still nice to have physical copies.

Only thing is - in old days, you only needed to back-up the patches on an extra disc or another HDD.

With Steam-required games is - well, you can back the entire game up in its newest version at that that time you back it up.
They don't offer separate small patches - you have to back up the whole game.

Yeah, I don't see MW3 hitting under $20 anytime soon. I'd bet money that it'll be $25 again in the Steam Winter sale, lol.

Same.
Hell, I ain't even seen COD: Black Ops 1 for the PC hit $10 yet....

#140 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

So.....

How many of you guys turned down the protection plan offer at the register?

:D

#141 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

South St. Louis County had the games under the counter, is TRU wanting the games to not sell? Either penny them out like GS does and destroy them or leave them on the shelf to sell.

Anyway all they had left were a bunch of Sims 3 expansions, Batman: AC, a couple of WoW Battlechests, and one copy each of SW: TOR and Battlefield 3.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#142 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

So.....

How many of you guys turned down the protection plan offer at the register?

:D

ME!

Like I told them - Battle.Net and Steam allow for FREE re-downloads, once the games are actually tied to your account.
Plus, you can back up your games yourself to discs or another hard drive, if necessary.

#143 ster

ster

LETS CHOP CATS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

My friends got back from the TRU in Elk Grove. 3 MW3's (except we took them all for us three, sorry guys :<), 1 ACR, 2 BF3, a couple of WoW Battle Chests (unspecified number I think), 1 RAGE and that's all he remembers.

Posted Image

#144 cmul8985

cmul8985

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

went to tru in vineland nj and got sc2 and bf3, few copies of both left plus some sims expansions and acr. Got $20 here for anyone looking to get rid of diablo 3!!!

#145 iamtorsoul

iamtorsoul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

South St. Louis County had the games under the counter, is TRU wanting the games to not sell? Either penny them out like GS does and destroy them or leave them on the shelf to sell.

Right. I thought that was so odd.

#146 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

Did anyone else notice that some of these are online as well (Revelations, Arkham City, Rage, BF3)? No Skyrim/SC2/Diablo 3/MW3, but if you want those other games, you can just have them shipped to you.
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#147 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

Just got back from my Toys R Us. Ask if they have any PC games! I didn't see any on the floor, but was directed to a shopping cart of goodness just behind the register. Thanks for the heads up!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#148 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

A couple of things...

1. Thanks to the OP, I scored Starcraft II.

2. Everyone check out the "clearance " section on the Toys R Us website: http://www.toysrus.c...egoryId=3999924 I noticed that Rage for the PS3 was $10 as well in store, it's the same price on their site, but there's shipping.

3. Other games that were on the shelf for $10 were the Pop Cap: The Greatest Hits, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Rage.

4. Also, I hit the Super K-Mart going out of town, and found the "Urban Camo" DualShock 3 PS3 Controller for $20 on their clearance shelf, along with other charger stands and stuff. I've included pics.

5. The UPC code for Starcraft 2 was actually for Starcarft Battle Chest (just found that interesting). I checked against the box, they didn't match at all, but it still rang up $10.

Pics: http://postimage.org...l7fqg/e246212d/

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#149 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

Hell, I ain't even seen COD: Black Ops 1 for the PC hit $10 yet....

Holding out for that in the next Amazon sale! Tony specifically mentioned he was working on a CoD sale, and seeing as they always go on sale for crappy prices on Amazon, my fingers are crossed that he's working on better prices this time.

I just hope there isn't a bundle of like, all the CoD games for $30-35. >_> I'll be very depressed for buying MW3 alone if so, lol.

bZ2g3eF.png

#150 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

Found some WOW expansion, rage, COD, Batman AC and BF3 at Southfield and Novi, MI. Picked up MW3. No Skyrim, SC2 but in a mess of a clearance bin.