Photo
- - - - -

TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#181 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Toys R Us in Clay, NY has a couple copies of Arkham City for $10 in their clearance bin. They had the Starcraft Chest for $10, but no SCII unfortunately.

#182 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

Man I just want a copy of D3. hope to find one this morning

#183 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

Picked up the last copy of SC2 for the Greensburg PA store yesterday. Would love to find a Diablo 3, though.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#184 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

Of course I don't have the car right now :( Would have loved a copy of Star Craft 2.

#185 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Does anyone have the SKN for Diablo?

EDIT: Nevermind. Only one showing in-stock is over an hour away. Not worth the time and gas...

Edited by sp00ge, 03 October 2012 - 01:41 PM.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#186 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

Is the price adjusted because of the sticker or does it automatically ring up i called dude said they weren't on sale just seeing if it is worth the trip

#187 maybeimalion17

maybeimalion17

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

Here's to hoping the hoarder CAG's in the Muncy, PA area didn't ruin this already! Hoping I can find Skyrim or MW3... Ill let you guys know what I find!

#188 CyReN

CyReN

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Got 1 MW3, my store didn't even have a PC section just some in the back.

#189 billbloodshed

billbloodshed

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Scored a copy of Skyrim in Utica NY, wasn't on my radar but the price is right.

They had a few copies of AC Rev, Battlefield 3, SC Battlechest and 2 and Skyrim left as of 5:30 yesterday.

Thanks OP

#190 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

Grabbed the last copy of Skyrim in the Deptford NJ store. They had a few of the S3 eps Rage AC and BF3. No D3 or SC2.

Edited by fignutz32, 03 October 2012 - 02:47 PM.
I can't speel

#191 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

How did you find that out? I have another TRU in my area I wanted to find D3 in but want to check if it's worth the drive...

I called one store and the lady checked the other stores in the region. TRU's system has been like that for years, at least since I worked there 7 years ago. When they look up an item, they can check stores in a district, region, state or wherever.

#192 craigums

craigums

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Looks like I will be stopping at Toys R Us today, I was there on Sunday and saw StarCraft 2 and thought... maybe I should scan it... oh well I have never played Starcraft figured I needed to. Ill report what I get later.

#193 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Just walked out of the Schaumburg, IL TRU. MW3, Arkham City, Rage, Sims 3 expansions, Diablo and Starcraft Battlechests, and BF3 were all $10.

Thanks for mentioning which store—saves me a trip, as I'm only interested in Skyrim. I saw a couple of other Chicagoland posters mention where they hit, but I haven't seen any about the Golf Mill / Niles location. I can hit that one on the way to work, and I can report back later.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#194 Scholarly_Sam

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Went this morning about 10 minutes after opening.

Picked up Diablo III, Star Craft II, MW3 and BF3.

Only bought one of each. I would have picked up an extra Diablo III, Star Craft II for others but I didn't have that option as I got the last copy from the shelf.

#195 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Cool I stopped by they was pulling them from the shelves. not sure what that was about was able to score some nice ones Lucked up today

#196 fueledbytrueman

fueledbytrueman

Throw some D's on it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Dearborn, MI store was wiped out unless you're looking for ACR, Batman or a Sims expansion.

#197 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

I was able to grab Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 at the Toys R Us in Mcdonough, Georgia. i got the last Diablo 3 but there were plenty of Starcraft 2. I also saw a lot of WoW: Cataclysm, a few Rage, at least one MW3, and a Diablo Battle Chest, sadly no Sims 3.
Posted Image

#198 RoninChaos

RoninChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Checked out the toys r us in Kennesaw ga. No dice on diablo or Starcraft. Would have really liked diablo III for my girl. Oh well.
I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious... but I am so it comes out that way.
-Bill Hicks.

I'm your Huckleberry

#199 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

For anyone in the Orlando area went to 2 stores here is what I found

Waterford Lakes:
Battlefield
MW3
Plenty of Sims
Rage
SC Battlechest
Millenia:
1 Starcraft 2 left
MW3
Battlefield
Batman
SIMS

Only bought a SC2 for myself (they still have 1) not interested in flipping

#200 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

So have we reached a consensus regarding most sought (and most rare) games?

1. Diablo 3
2. Starcraft II
3. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
5. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
6. Battlefield 3
7. Batman: Arkham City
8. Sims 3 and its various expansions

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#201 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

So have we reached a consensus regarding most sought (and most rare) games?

1. Diablo 3
2. Starcraft II
3. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
5. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
6. Battlefield 3
7. Batman: Arkham City
8. Sims 3 and its various expansions

My experience is Skyrim is more rare than SC2, but D3 is definitely the holy grail
Posted Image

#202 Thewilyranger

Thewilyranger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

My wife is checking the TRU later today, if no copies of Skyrim are there I would gladly pay $15 via paypal for the key.

#203 Lord Alfred

Lord Alfred

Dr. Zoidberg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Update on the Anderson, SC store:

I went back there at lunch today just because I was curious. The remaining PC game stock had been moved from the endcap to a standalone 4-sided "$19.99 or less!" display near the checkout island. They still had a few games left, notably 1 copy each of MW3 and SC2. The PC games were no longer marked with their prices, and were totally mixed in with various Wii, DS, and 360 games. This is why you really need to search that dept well before you give up on this deal.

They still had:

1 x SC2
1 x MW3
2 x Sims
2 x AC:R
2 x B:AC
1 x RAGE

#204 timmywanabreak

timmywanabreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

Is this all toys r us's? I found a mw3 but sticker is still retail price. Should I do a price check?

#205 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

My experience is Skyrim is more rare than SC2, but D3 is definitely the holy grail

For finds at TRU, yeah - D3 is the holy grail. It's probably the hardest to get on the cheap - like many Blizzard games and some Activision games.

If you ask me which game I prefer - Skyrim, no doubt, without hesitation.
Granted, I've spent 98 hours w/ Skyrim and don't have nearly as much time on D3 yet.

#206 Lord Alfred

Lord Alfred

Dr. Zoidberg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Is this all toys r us's? I found a mw3 but sticker is still retail price. Should I do a price check?

So far it has been most (but not all) TRU's in the U.S. I would absolutely do a price-check. The Toys R' Us stores around here have those price scanner things every few aisles in the toy section, so take it over there if you don't want to bother a sales associate.

#207 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

I was told there are no D3 in Ohio. I personally called about 6 around Akron.

#208 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

For those of you that call, make sure that they're checking actual inventory and not the computer. I've called two Toys R' Us in my area and they told me they were out of some of the titles because the computer showed none. However, upon checking the actual store, they were available.

#209 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

This sale has ruined me. I'll never be able to buy Diablo 3, Starcraft 2(maybe in $10 years for the battlechests versions), or Skyrim (well maybe one day on steam). Knowing that they once existed for $10 in the world will stop me from ever spending more.

Stupid Toys R Us.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#210 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

This sale has ruined me. I'll never be able to buy Diablo 3, Starcraft 2(maybe in $10 years for the battlechests versions), or Skyrim (well maybe one day on steam). Knowing that they once existed for $10 in the world will stop me from ever spending more.

Stupid Toys R Us.

hahaha this is exactly the way I feel
Posted Image