XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#4981 Os Money

Os Money

CAGaholic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Just an F.Y.I for those interested in the Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, I'd suggest saving your points & hard drive space, & pick up a preowned copy from Best Buy for $7.99 w/ free shipping. (excluding any discounts for you Reward Zone Gamers Club members / Reward Zone certificates)

http://www.bestbuy.c...jo kazooie&lp=2&cp=1

Game On !

you fucking beat me too it! ahh just what i was gonna say. good eye

#4982 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

I hear people mention hoping for a recap sale at the end, while that makes a ton of sense, they've never done that in past years have they?

#4983 velvet396

velvet396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Is the walking dead episodes still on sale I kinda forgot about it yesterday when I got a new Xbox and was transferring everything over from my hard drive.

You can still get episode 1 for free

#4984 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Sorry mate, you're outta luck :drool:

My 4 year old son decided today he really likes Hydro Thunder, so looks like I missed out on that. I know it's been on sale before, but not sure if it's been 400msp, or just the 33% 800msp or 50% 600msp. Here's hoping for another sale soon.

Anyone have any opinions on the LC:GoL add-on packs? Worth it or no?

#4985 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

My 4 year old son decided today he really likes Hydro Thunder, so looks like I missed out on that. I know it's been on sale before, but not sure if it's been 400msp, or just the 33% 800msp or 50% 600msp. Here's hoping for another sale soon.

Hyro thunder is on sale a lot.

#4986 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

No, the challenge packs were pretty lame from what I played from them. Unless you LOVED the game and have to have more, I'd pass.

I really don't see why they would do a one day repeat sale, and I'm 99.99% sure it won't happen.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#4987 Os Money

Os Money

CAGaholic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

im really thinking hard on the banjo game. Compare it to another game that isnt a banjo game...what is it like? ive watched the giantbomb video too.

#4988 idontcare

idontcare

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Banjo Kazooie is $9.99 used on Gamestop too, So I am passing on that one...

But, I am interested in Toy Story and Crash of the titans. I thought Crash would be down to $9.99 new now days anyways, but Amazon is showing it is $155.. Whats up with that? Is it actually rare now days or is someone just stupid and pricing it way too high?

#4989 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

I really don't see why they would do a one day repeat sale, and I'm 99.99% sure it won't happen.

While I'm with you on that percentage, maybe you should ask Valve and GOG why they would bother repeating sales in the same sale period.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#4990 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

I'm pretty sure it won't happen either, but not seeing why they would is pretty shortsighted. I mean, between people who got points at xmas, were saving their points for future deals that weren't as good as they hoped and ones who simply ran out of time debating and need one more last minute "if I don't get it now" moment. I would imagine the numbers would be very good for a recap. Maybe not for CAGs but CAGs aren't the major purchasers of games in these sales.

Hell, they pretty much invite the talk by leaving the "deals you missed" calendar up until the end.

#4991 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

If I'm able to buy Games from the US marketplace, I'm also able to play them with my EU account right? Only problem that could occur that I can't buy/download it because it is region locked, right? =O

#4992 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

does any store let alone microsoft do a repeat sale?

i've never heard of anybody being like "damn some people missed our sale so lets do it again immediately"

#4993 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

I would suggest picking up Banjo Kazooie with the Viva bundle new for around $14 on eBay.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#4994 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

BK is decent but would have been much better without the vehicles.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#4995 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Ehh, I'm not feeling The Splatters, even for 200 points. And I know people love Crazy Taxi but I hate time based stuff like that.

Does anyone think The Splatters is worth it?

#4996 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Splatters is ok. Fun can be had with it, but theres more fun to be had in a million other games for me. I passed even on 200.

#4997 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

All of this serious talk about the splatters is hilarious to my dirty mind. Nobody should intentionally get the splatters.

I think I'll pick up Banjo & Kazooie N&B and Toy Story 3 at those prices.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#4998 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

i've never heard of anybody being like "damn some people missed our sale so lets do it again immediately"

That's essentially what cyber monday is for most retailers that have a brick and mortar presence on black friday.

#4999 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

What's wrong with The Splatters? I bought it when it was on sale for 400 a while back and had fun for the few hours I played it. It'll probably be a while before I go back to it, but I didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5000 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Steam does it.

#5001 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

If Cars 2 was for 10 I would pick it up for my son. Guess I'll wait until Sonic is goes down in price or try to find the first one.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5002 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

What's wrong with The Splatters? I bought it when it was on sale for 400 a while back and had fun for the few hours I played it. It'll probably be a while before I go back to it, but I didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

I also enjoyed the time I spent with The Splatters. If I didn't already have it, I wouldn't even hesitate to grab it at 200 MSP.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#5003 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Unfunny..just redemeed 1600 MSP on my US account but can't buy Crash of the Titans or Toy Story 3 becaause it says it's not available in my location (even if it is) way to go MS..I just didn't want to spend 1680 MSP (deal price today) alone on Crash Bandicoot over here...*sigh*

#5004 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

I also enjoyed the time I spent with The Splatters. If I didn't already have it, I wouldn't even hesitate to grab it at 200 MSP.

Played the demo and passed when it was on sale for 400 just because of backlog. Didn't hesitate when I saw it was 200msp. The price wasn't even updated yet, but popped up on the confirmation page when I got in on it.

To put it in perspective, it's $2.50, less than your Starbucks latte.

#5005 Neku233

Neku233

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Alright Street Fighter 3 Online is now avaliable for 600 points

#5006 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Exactly. I'm happy with the 400 I spent on it. 600 might be pushing it, but I think it's a perfectly fine $5 purchase. 200 is a no brainer.

Also, can anyone recommend Crash of the Titans? I loved the Crash games when I was younger. Now obviously I know they're nowhere near as good as the originals, but is it worth the 800? With Banjo Kazooie being so readily available for similar prices elsewhere, I'm likely going to hold off on that one. I have Toy Story 3 from Blockbuster's free trial thingy, but I haven't played it yet so I went ahead and picked it up for 360 since my free trial ends in a few weeks. I'll just send that one back.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5007 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Cool, I'll have to go check on that Dungeon Fighter game. That is the only one I want from that days deals since I already have the other 2 on the PS3.

#5008 VIDEOGAME IGODI

VIDEOGAME IGODI

Bluray FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

Thanks, but still 200 points too high for me to bite.

:)

Write HBO to release all Sopranos Seasons on Blu-ray!
http://www.hbo.com/a...contact-us.html

#5009 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Grabbed the splatters. Nuts and Bolts is phenomenal, just know what to expect. It's not really a banjo kazooie game, more of a kart builder and racing game.

ach.png

#5010 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

Unfunny..just redemeed 1600 MSP on my US account but can't buy Crash of the Titans or Toy Story 3 becaause it says it's not available in my location (even if it is) way to go MS..I just didn't want to spend 1680 MSP (deal price today) alone on Crash Bandicoot over here...*sigh*

xbox is taking the piss mate