• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#5611 MagmaOasis

MagmaOasis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

FINALLY SCARYGIRL

EVeryone should pick up Swarm for 160. I bought it at full price and love it.

#5612 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Wow Civilization on sale for 800! Up until this very moment I'd been kicking myself for taking too long to decide to buy it last time it was on sale for 1200!
Edit: appears the op is wrong as spylon's site shows a lousy 1600...

#5613 johnpap

johnpap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Anyone knows for how long these 200 MSP prices are going to last?
I would love to buy Axel & Pixel and Winterbottom but I have to wait till the end of the week to pull the trigger.

#5614 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Anyone knows for how long these 200 MSP prices are going to last?
I would love to buy Axel & Pixel and Winterbottom but I have to wait till the end of the week to pull the trigger.

Same here but I'm confident, as Marketplace deals usually last from Tuesday to Tuesday, so we should both be able to rack up some points during the weekend and score our targets :)
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#5615 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Axel & Pixel - 200 (600 off)
Misadventures of PB Winterbottom - 200 (600 off)

Damn, already have both of them, and I paid significantly more than 200 msp.
Alex & Pixel is a fantastic game. A steal at this price. Winterbottom was very visually interesting, I think I played it for 5 minutes before I moved on to something else. That's not saying it's not a good game, I just wanted to play something less "puzzly" at the time.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5616 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Wow Civilization on sale for 800! Up until this very moment I'd been kicking myself for taking too long to decide to buy it last time it was on sale for 1200!
Edit: appears the op is wrong as spylon's site shows a lousy 1600...

It's still very much worth it even at 1600 points. It's not as engrossing as the PC version, but it's a pretty decent experience for a console.

Edited by ooga, 08 January 2013 - 02:59 PM.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#5617 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Grabbed the Mechromancer Pack for 400 and Axel & Pixel for 200. Nice little sale.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#5618 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Under the Mafia II sales, Jimmy's Vendetta pack is not 400 according to the xbox.com website. It still says 800. Is that discounted?
Posted Image

#5619 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

It also doesn't look like the BioShock 2 avatar items are actually on sale (yet?).

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5620 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Probably i would get Axel & Pixel, but at this price Winterbottom is a steal. It's pretty good.

Sales & Specials+ app

Pool Nation - 400msp (was 800)
Scarygirl - 400msp (was 800)
Swarm - 160msp (was 400)

I'll go with Pool Nation. :D

SCARYGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5621 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

SCARYGIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can never understand all the clamoring for this game. The demo was pretty crappy I thought. There's a reason they dropped the price so soon after it's release.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#5622 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

I can never understand all the clamoring for this game. The demo was pretty crappy I thought. There's a reason they dropped the price so soon after it's release.

I've just been waiting for so long! I really enjoy platformers, enjoyed the demo, and enjoy the art style. There were never any codes to trade for on the trade thread, and add to that the fact that Europe got it on sale forever ago, but that sale never made it over to the States. It slowly became my XBLA white whale. (my 2nd one, my first one was Symphony of the Night because I passed on it like 3.5 years ago because there were like 20 good games on sale and so SotN was the odd man out. I remember justifying it to myself that "the graphics looked to crappy". It didn't go on sale for another year or so, it slowly became my first white whale).

So today is kind of a big day in my book. :)

EDIT: Here are 6 posts of mine from this thread where I mention Scarygirl.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5623 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Mecromancer definitely worth 400 points. Playing as her right now and it is tons of fun. Very unique skill trees and playing the Ordered Chaos tree changes the game up.

#5624 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Time to find yourself another white whale then. ;)
How about the Puzzle Quest DLC?

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#5625 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Mecromancer definitely worth 400 points. Playing as her right now and it is tons of fun. Very unique skill trees and playing the Ordered Chaos tree changes the game up.

My only concern about the Mechromancer class is that I assume she doesn't have a class-specific Achievement, unlike the other classes. Is that correct?

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#5626 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Already got Axel & Pixel and Winterbottom for 400 some time ago...same for Swarm for 200 and Scraygirl 400 the last time it was on sale...sooo Pool Nation already dropped the price..don't know if I go for it..still have bankshot billiards 2 untouched hum

#5627 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

My only concern about the Mechromancer class is that I assume she doesn't have a class-specific Achievement, unlike the other classes. Is that correct?

That is correct, and an unfortunate missed opportunity.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5628 Doctor Who

Doctor Who

Vworp Vworp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Picked up the Mechromancer DLC for BL2, also bought the season pass over Christmas and yet I still need to get the actual game!

Might get Winterbottom, Axel & Pixel, and maybe Swarm since they are pretty cheap and will trial 'em but everything else is meh.

#5629 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

My white whale is Galaga Legions DX. It's been on sale twice on PSN and I passed the first time and spaced out and missed it again just a couple weeks ago. It's insane it hasn't seen a discount yet on XBLA.

#5630 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

My white whale is Galaga Legions DX. It's been on sale twice on PSN and I passed the first time and spaced out and missed it again just a couple weeks ago. It's insane it hasn't seen a discount yet on XBLA.

I have it, but I don't remember if I picked it up on sale or for full price. From your comment I am going to assume I paid full price for it. There was a period where I had a seemingly endless amount of points so I bought everything out there. :)

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#5631 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Duke Nukem Forever (GoD) - $19.99 ($10.00 off) - LOL
Civilization Revolution (GoD) - $29.99 ($10.00 off)
NBA 2k12 Legends Showcase DLC - 800 (400 off) - Is that right?
Axel & Pixel - 200 (600 off)
Misadventures of PB Winterbottom - 200 (600 off)

PB Winterbottom is DEFINITELY worth 200 if you don't have it.

I'll most likely bite on Axel & Pixel, don't think I've seen it at 200.

I think everyone should pick up these without even trial'd them. Amazing prices. ;)

I couldn't possibly recommend Winterbottom more. I bought it for 800 right when it came out (probably about 4 months after I got an Xbox, I had no idea what CAG was at the time) and it's a really fun but never overly-challenging puzzler. 200 MSP is a killer deal.

As for Axel & Pixel, I've passed on it so many times at 400, looks like that decision finally paid off. I think I'll grab it for 200 MSP, espeically considering all the praise it has gotten in this thread.

Probably i would get Axel & Pixel, but at this price Winterbottom is a steal. It's pretty good.

Sales & Specials+ app

Pool Nation - 400msp (was 800)
Scarygirl - 400msp (was 800)
Swarm - 160msp (was 400)

I'll go with Pool Nation. :D

I think I'll probably get Pool Nation too, it looks interesting. Swarm is also HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for 160 MSP, and remember it has Avatar Awards too.

Damn, already have both of them, and I paid significantly more than 200 msp.
Alex & Pixel is a fantastic game. A steal at this price. Winterbottom was very visually interesting, I think I played it for 5 minutes before I moved on to something else. That's not saying it's not a good game, I just wanted to play something less "puzzly" at the time.

Definitely go back to Winterbottom when you're in the mood for a good puzzle game.

Yup. That's half the fun. :)

#5632 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I thought someone said civilization revolution was 800MSP?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5633 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Someone lied.......at least for the time being.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#5634 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Someone lied.......at least for the time being.

Ya 1600 is too much...

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5635 fatboyjam

fatboyjam

A Champagne Jam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

It was a mistake in the OP. 1600/$19.99 is the sale price, unfortunately.

#5636 labrat34

labrat34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

The price is right, but some of the reviews for Winterbottom are scaring me off with talk of the difficulty level. I am not a great puzzler... only got halfway thru Braid for example. Thoughts on the difficulty from those who have played it?

#5637 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

The price is right, but some of the reviews for Winterbottom are scaring me off with talk of the difficulty level. I am not a great puzzler... only got halfway thru Braid for example. Thoughts on the difficulty from those who have played it?

I actually didn't think the challenge level was that bad in Winterbottom, I didn't have to look up any solutions. But I guess to compare, I only had to look up the solution to one puzzle piece in Braid (still mad at myself that I couldn't figure it out). I have tons of experience with puzzle games even since my NES days, so maybe I'm not the best person to answer.

#5638 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

It was a mistake in the OP. 1600/$19.99 is the sale price, unfortunately.

Same for Mafia II

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#5639 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Scarygirl is my pleasant surprise of the week. I'll have to throw that one into the pile of XBLA platformers I've amassed in just the last month. Man... I wanna blaze through them all now, but don't wanna dry the well up when I inevitably hit a dull spot in The Next Great Actually Kind of Not Great First Person Shooter Campaign.

Oh, who am I kidding. I have enough of a backlog to keep me entertained through the end of time.

The Mechromancer, Future Soldier DLC, and Pool Nation are appealing to me too, but I'll wait and see how I feel later in the week.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#5640 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Winterbottom, Axel & Pixel, Scarygirl, and Swarm...all for less than 1000 points is an awesome deal.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List