XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#5791 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Grabbed Swarm off the Scratch & Match deal. First thing I've bought using that app. Would love to see more heavily discounted games tossed in that mix.

#5792 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

lol same here, except make that 6 an 8. :-(

same here, except make that 8 a 12....

#5793 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Damn some of you sleep your lives away. 4-5 hours sleep is all I run on. You eventually get used to it and don't require 8+ hours a night to function.

#5794 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Damn some of you sleep your lives away. 4-5 hours sleep is all I run on. You eventually get used to it and don't require 8+ hours a night to function.

I get about 6 hours a night at the mo and thats plenty, don't forget the older you are the less sleep you need.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#5795 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

I can pull one 5 or 6 hour night per typical work week. After that, my brain stops working.

#5796 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

I need around 7 hours of sleep although 8 is better. However, I can function OK for a while going on 6 to 6.5 hours of sleep.

#5797 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Duke Nukem Forever is 50% off too now? but I don't want to pay more than $1 for that! lol and even that seems expensive =P

It's $5 used as well. Probably still a bit too much unless you just have extra credit lying about LoL

#5798 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

I get about 6 hours a night at the mo and thats plenty, don't forget the older you are the less sleep you need.

That's very true. Didn't really think about that. I'm 35 now but back in my teens/early 20's I'd sleep 10 hours or more a day. All my partying may have played a big part in that though lol.

#5799 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I need around 7 hours of sleep although 8 is better. However, I can function OK for a while going on 6 to 6.5 hours of sleep.

I'm absolutely the same way. I feel perfect on 8 hours of sleep, and 7 is a fair substitute. I'll feel crappy after waking up, and crappy towards the end of the day on 6 to 6 and 1/2 hours of sleep. Anything less than that and I'm practically a walking zombie. I'm such a baby when it comes to sleep. :lol:

#5800 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

from what i've read, under 7 hours is unhealthy

more than 8 is unhealthy too

#5801 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

I don't get enough sleep during the week and then I probably get too much sleep on the weekend.

Crunchewy.png

#5802 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'd look into a restraining order on this fella Chrono, sounds like he knows you a little too well.

:-k

I found him on Facebook yesterday, does that make me as bad or worse? ;)

I need at least 6 hours of sleep to function worth a damn. And let me tell you, sleep is important! I only slept about three hours a night while attending a technical school (slept plenty in college proper but also got caught up in that WoW cycle, and inebriation) - and guess what I took away from my shenanigans? A few certifications and three years of not accomplishing shit! Buy moar XBLA games!!!

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#5803 Zashule

Zashule

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Just a heads up for those buying Mafia II. I was about to jump on this until I found that Walmart.com has Mafia II PH edition with the DLC for $9.82 with free site to store.

http://www.walmart.c...ox-360/17032831

#5804 crazylox2001

crazylox2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Just a heads up for those buying Mafia II. I was about to jump on this until I found that Walmart.com has Mafia II PH edition with the DLC for $9.82 with free site to store.

nice find thanks man.i got me one i wont get it for two weeks but thats ok with me

#5805 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Wow, that's OP material, thanks!

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#5806 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Damn I wish Mafia 2 had that price for :ps3:

#5807 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

Those of you who have played borderlands 2, is the mechromancer pack worth it if I'm not planning on playing that class? I haven't started it yet, but looking at the skill trees, she just doesn't seem that interesting, but are the other bonuses in this pack worth it if I plan on playing through this. Loved the first borderlands, bought all the DLC and plan on buying all the DLC with cheeves this time around - just can't decide on this pack. I know DOTWs overlap, but is there a possibility this will still be on sale when next week's drops are announced / spotted?

If you don't plan on playing Gaige, then no. The extras are minimal as there's a steady supply of Shift codes for golden keys being put out, the rare relic doesn't really make much of a difference when farming, and the gearbox guns are easily replaceable out the gate. The consensus around the Gearbox forums though is that Gaige is the most powerful class.

Besides Axton & his "big gun", Gaige (the Mechromancer) gives you control of an NPC robot which is fun in & of itself. Sure, there's still plenty of active "gold chest" key codes out there, but I included it in the OP to be complete. The "+5% rare drop" relic is more powerful than others may believe, since it makes the in-game slot machines more profitable, and is the only relic that affects rare drops. As for the Gearbox guns ... no, they're not easily replaced if you're playing solo, because they beat anything else until you hit level 5, and having your first 3 hours being "more powerful" will make you happier overall, because you don't die from what otherwise would be easier mobs.

It's a much better investment than the CE pack for $5 (unless you're psychotically driven to collect rare skins, or a grenade that will kill you when used indoors), and the Slaughterdome is "ok" (more of a nice distraction) ... but the Mechromancer pack is essential in my mind still after 150+ hours of gameplay.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#5808 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Sweet, thanks. I am glad I did not pull the trigger on the digital version. My store has it ready for pickup. :)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5809 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

As for the Gearbox guns ... no, they're not easily replaced if you're playing solo, because they beat anything else until you hit level 5, and having your first 3 hours being "more powerful" will make you happier overall, because you don't die from what otherwise would be easier mobs.

I'm pretty sure I ended up getting better guns than the Gearbox guns before I hit level 3 or 4. And this was on 4 different characters. They're pretty crappy, really.

DarkZion9.pngWjwtTLD.gif?1

so I decided to see what I could do with it and I got to the end but there's no way I can finish him off. 

#5810 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

It may have been reiterated. I just want to make sure that the GOTY DLC is compatible with the GoD version of Borderlands. That one install the DLC i can spread it around like digital std's.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#5811 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

It may have been reiterated. I just want to make sure that the GOTY DLC is compatible with the GoD version of Borderlands. That one install the DLC i can spread it around like digital std's.

Yes, the DLC from the GOTY Edition works with the GoD version of the game.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#5812 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

That's very true. Didn't really think about that. I'm 35 now but back in my teens/early 20's I'd sleep 10 hours or more a day. All my partying may have played a big part in that though lol.

http://www.sleepfoun...-we-really-need

Mayoclinic and other crap say the same thing. If you get less then 7 hours then your ability to drive/focus gets worst and you'll have blah blah blah. Playing games and staring at a computer all day isn't healthy either. Honestly 6-7 hours a day is what I strive for as well. Since I work 40 hours a week in retail anything less then 6 puts me in a shitty mood my first few hours at work and that just involves a greater risk of losing my job/fucking things up which is not good.

#5813 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

This only applies to infants up through a certain age. Then you get older and you need more rest as your body begins to deteriorate over time and you take on more stress and responsibility. I work 40+ a week and raise 3 kids all under 6 by myself and I need much more sleep than I did a few years ago when I was slaving away in grad school 8 hours a day studying 4 or more each night.

Honestly I don't know how some of you put in so much time into your games. I mean I can barely get of the house to do fun things with so many kids to juggle so i'll play games here and there to relax but I can't put in 10 hours in a week.

Anyway...I did pick up winterbottom as the kids like to dance to the music. :D

#5814 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

In for Scary Girl.

Suggestion: When a game goes on sale, can you guys add whether or not there is a demo or trial of said game? I didn't know Axel & Pixel and Winterbottom had them until I did a Bing search. Would save a lot of time.

In addition, how do you guys know when new trials/demos are added to Live?

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#5815 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

In for Scary Girl.

Suggestion: When a game goes on sale, can you guys add whether or not there is a demo or trial of said game? I didn't know Axel & Pixel and Winterbottom had them until I did a Bing search. Would save a lot of time.

Generally most XBLA games have a demo.

You can see new demos by navigating to games on the dashboard, then one of the headings past Indie (can't remember name). There should be a tile for New Releases.

#5816 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

In for Scary Girl.

I can't think of any XBLA games off hand that don't have demos.

TheVila.png

#5817 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I can't think of any XBLA games off hand that don't have demos.

Yeah all XBLA games have trials. Some GoD games have demos, but not all of them.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#5818 Abbadon74

Abbadon74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

As for the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier DLC, does anyone know if that is multi-player only, or are those missions that are available during the single-player as well? I've heard the multi-player is dead.

Thanks!

-B

#5819 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

As for the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier DLC, does anyone know if that is multi-player only, or are those missions that are available during the single-player as well? I've heard the multi-player is dead.

Thanks!

-B

Look in the op. they stated it there.

#5820 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Thanks!

-B

Explained in the op.