Photo
- - - - -

XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#1351 midloo

midloo

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Sorry to ask, but I can't find an answer anywhere: Where do you get the scratch and match app? I'm late to the party and I can't find it anywhere after the update. Looked in Game Sale area, used the Bing search, and can't find anything.
Posted Image

#1352 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

Aw man, why can't I Am Alive be 600?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1353 Gnort

Gnort

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Sorry to ask, but I can't find an answer anywhere: Where do you get the scratch and match app? I'm late to the party and I can't find it anywhere after the update. Looked in Game Sale area, used the Bing search, and can't find anything.

The app is called Sales and Specials+. Look for that under the applications section and you should find it.

#1354 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Looks like next week's Deal of the Week is just one arcade game, I Am Alive. It's only 33% off for 800 msp. I'll wait till it hits 600 msp or maybe 400. It'll go lower

card.png

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

#1355 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Looks like next week's Deal of the Week is just one arcade game, I Am Alive. It's only 33% off for 800 msp. I'll wait till it hits 600 msp or maybe 400. It'll go lower

I'm guessing there will be a BF sale which isn't listed yet which is probably why there is only 1 game on sale next week.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#1356 Gnort

Gnort

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

I probably would have bitten on I Am Alive for 600MSP but for 800MSP I'll wait a bit longer. I guess being on sale now means no chance of being in a Black Friday deal?

#1357 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Is magic 2013 not on sale?

It's not on sale.

#1358 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

I probably would have bitten on I Am Alive for 600MSP but for 800MSP I'll wait a bit longer. I guess being on sale now means no chance of being in a Black Friday deal?

I HIGHLY doubt it. However, Wreckateer was 50% off at 400msp a week or two ago and it could possibly be free as part of the 10 Year Anniversary sale(awaiting confirmation that is a worldwide deal). So it's not entirely impossible.....Don't count on it though

card.png

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

#1359 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'm guessing there will be a BF sale which isn't listed yet which is probably why there is only 1 game on sale next week.

Im actually kinda mad it wasn't mentioned in the blog. It also sucks microsoft took out the videos from the dash. Remember when Major Nelson would act like some idiotic car salesman and talk about the BF and CM sales?

#1360 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

I can't even imagine the nerdrage that would ensue if they stacked an additional discount atop the DOTW markdown. So yeah, I would not count on that happening.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#1361 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

It's not on sale.

No big deal. I'll just wait until next year then. The original magic never had the expansions go on sale so I never bought them (the 2012 expansion was on sale before). It doesn't look like any of the expansions are on sale this time either.

#1362 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Im actually kinda mad it wasn't mentioned in the blog. It also sucks microsoft took out the videos from the dash. Remember when Major Nelson would act like some idiotic car salesman and talk about the BF and CM sales?

OMG I want Crazy Larry back. The Major has done the CL bit the past two years, so I don't see why he wouldn't do it again. I think it'll be a surprise and it'll hit the dash a day or two before Black Friday. COME ON CRAZY LARRY!!!!! :lol:

card.png

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

#1363 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

You must not like poker I guess,because Full House Poker is pretty fun.I bought it last year for 400MSP and i have to say that i really enjoyed the game and even more when they do the daily Texas Heat games online.

No, I love poker, which is why I can't stand this game.

Here's why I hate it:
  • Mind-numbingly stupid and predictable AI
  • Texas Heat ranking is based on "XP", which rarely correlates to how you're actually doing. The highest place people are always the ones at tables with lots of bots, because they can get more hands in (and you earn XP just for being dealt in)
  • Connection issues, kick issues, awful servers... this has been going on for years with this game
  • No stakes whatsoever for the Texas Heat games. If you get knocked out, you get more chips at another table. People play every single hand and rarely fold, and it becomes a game of 100% luck instead of a mix of luck and skill (which is why poker is so great)
  • This won't matter to some of you, but there are unobtainable achievements if you purchase now. Also, there are two achievements based on mindless grinding, one of which will take you 50+ hours.

This game will make you a worse poker player. I had really high hopes for it when it came out, too.

Edited by simmias, 13 November 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#1364 neuropolis

neuropolis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

http://www.xbox.com/...n/live10th/home

Wreckateer - FREE

Battlefield 1943 - 600msp (50% off)

Castle Crashers - 600msp (50% off)

Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400msp (50% off)

Geometry Wars Evolved - 200msp (50% off)

Bastion - 600msp (50% off)

Peggle - 400mp (50% off)

Full House Pocker - 400msp (50% off)

I'm in it for Bastion, Geometry Wars, and Full House Poker.

#1365 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Remember when Major Nelson would act like some idiotic car salesman and talk about the BF and CM sales?

Yeah honestly Major Nelson gadding about I can live without. Here's hoping on a BF sale though.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#1366 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

no GoD on sale? Sorry if i overlooked it :P

Does Full House Poker still have a good community, what about BF 1942?

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO (360), Skyrim, and Garou: MotW (360)

#1367 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Does Full House Poker still have a good community, what about BF 1942?

Idk about full house (I'm sure plenty are still playing), BF still has a active community.

#1368 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

If you count Sonic Free Riders, then that's on sale. $15/1,200 MSP instead of $25/2,000 MSP.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1369 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

They had Alan Wake American Nightmare at 600 msp when that was on sale but could not do the same for I Am Alive.
I don't know if I will pick it up for 800 or just wait for it in another sale.

Looks like for the 10 year anniversary sale there could be Game on Demand games as it says the price varies

#1370 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Puzzle Fighter for 400. I Have the Capcom Digital Collection, but don't know if I want to pay for it without it using my disc drive...

I actually just traded in my Capcom Digital Collection to Best Buy for $16, so this is perfect timing for me to be able to buy the best game on the disc back.

http://www.xbox.com/...n/live10th/home

Wreckateer - FREE

Battlefield 1943 - 600msp (50% off)

Castle Crashers - 600msp (50% off)

Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400msp (50% off)

Geometry Wars Evolved - 200msp (50% off)

Bastion - 600msp (50% off)

Peggle - 400mp (50% off)

Full House Pocker - 400msp (50% off)

Like you say, it's highly unlikely, but I sure hope that is the Japan only list. All those games have been on sale tons of times.

Coming to Xbox Live blog post is up.

I Am Alive to be 800 MSP next week (400 MSP off) & there will be a Xbox Live 10th Anniversary sale starting on Thursday.

I hate when they do 33% off. Like everyone else here, I'll pass at 800msp.

I'm also very excited to finally be able to pick up both Puzzle Quest games. It's been forever since they've been on sale, before I even had an Xbox 3+ years ago. So those 2 plus Super Puzzle Fighter make me very happy this week. Hope to see some black friday/cyber monday deals as well, though they weren't listed.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1371 locolukah

locolukah

Cheep Arse Lamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

No, I love poker, which is why I can't stand this game.

Here's why I hate it:

• Mind-numbingly stupid and predictable AI
  • Texas Heat ranking is based on "XP", which rarely correlates to how you're actually doing. The highest place people are always the ones at tables with lots of bots, because they can get more hands in (and you earn XP just for being dealt in)
  • Connection issues, kick issues, awful servers... this has been going on for years with this game
  • No stakes whatsoever for the Texas Heat games. If you get knocked out, you get more chips at another table. People play every single hand and rarely fold, and it becomes a game of 100% luck instead of a mix of luck and skill (which is why poker is so great)
  • This won't matter to some of you, but there are unobtainable achievements if you purchase now. Also, there are two achievements based on mindless grinding, one of which will take you 50+ hours.

This game will make you a worse poker player. I had really high hopes for it when it came out, too.

I will second everything simmias posted. Terrible poker game.
SWAGBUCKS - Earn Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks...refer/locolukah
- you can earn points via searches, daily activities and codes: http://sc-s.com/
If you have any questions just ask!
Posted Image

#1372 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Black Friday is next week right? I know we already have the Anniversary Sale but do you think something special might pop up? =P

#1373 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

I enjoyed the first puzzle quest enough to finish it, is 2nd just more of the same?

#1374 locolukah

locolukah

Cheep Arse Lamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

I enjoyed the first puzzle quest enough to finish it, is 2nd just more of the same?

I have only played the first one on the DS, so I really don't know. Maybe this will help?

Quick look from GiantBomb: http://www.giantbomb...uest-2/17-2824/
SWAGBUCKS - Earn Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks...refer/locolukah
- you can earn points via searches, daily activities and codes: http://sc-s.com/
If you have any questions just ask!
Posted Image

#1375 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Puzzle Quest 1 is a much better game, but PQ 2 isn't bad. Check out my Puzzle Quest 2 review for some highly researched comparisons between the two games. The review covers the WP7 version, but it's virtually identical to the console game.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1376 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Would have purchased I AM ALIVE if it was 50% off. I am cheap...

I just purchased wreckateer on sale and I enjoyed what I played. Very fun and works well so I highly recommend for FREE. ;)

#1377 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Puzzle Quest 1 is a much better game, but PQ 2 isn't bad. Check out my Puzzle Quest 2 review for some highly researched comparisons between the two games. The review covers the WP7 version, but it's virtually identical to the console game.

Dang. Well I just bought it, I'm sure it's worth $5. Good review

#1378 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Does Full House Poker still have a good community

Surprisingly, yes. Probably 2000 people playing the Texas Heat games at a time, and it's pretty easy to find a tournament, too. But that might be because they released more achievements recently - it was pretty dead before that, from what I hear.

#1379 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

I challenge this. I bought FHP to learn how to play poker. When I started I had no idea how to play and now I'm an average player that understands the rules just fine. I'd still never play IRL because I can't keep a straight face when I'm buying beer and I just turned 29 last week...

As for your other gripes, they are legitimate complaints but I still enjoy the game. When I saw the seasonal achievements at launch I bought the game immediately because I assumed by the time the first sale would roll around those would be unobtainable and I really wanted to play it. So glad I did. I'm just down to the new set of grindy achievements that I can complete at my leisure.

#1380 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I challenge this. I bought FHP to learn how to play poker. When I started I had no idea how to play and now I'm an average player that understands the rules just fine. I'd still never play IRL because I can't keep a straight face when I'm buying beer and I just turned 29 last week...

As for your other gripes, they are legitimate complaints but I still enjoy the game. When I saw the seasonal achievements at launch I bought the game immediately because I assumed by the time the first sale would roll around those would be unobtainable and I really wanted to play it. So glad I did. I'm just down to the new set of grindy achievements that I can complete at my leisure.

I can see how it would be fun for someone who was new to poker. However, I want to make sure that poker players know what they're getting into.