XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#1831 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Does Left 4 Dead 2 play the same as Left 4 Dead or do they each have different controls etc.

#1832 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Does Left 4 Dead 2 play the same as Left 4 Dead or do they each have different controls etc.

Same exact game, just new levels, new survivors, slightly new infected, and melee weapons.

L4D2 technically could have been an expansion pack, but that's a whole different thread...from a few years ago...

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#1833 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Same exact game, just new levels, new survivors, slightly new infected, and melee weapons.

L4D2 technically could have been an expansion pack, but that's a whole different thread...from a few years ago...

If I can butt-in, my understanding was always that in L4D1 you could only have one weapon? Or... there were no melee weapons at all, or something drastic. At least I thought so anyway, maybe I'm wrong here (certainly wouldn't be a first).

I jumped on the bandwagon long after the 2nd game was out.

Sidenote: I love that the engrish translation on that sale page for Harley Quinn's Revenge is "Revenge of the Harley".
25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#1834 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

If I can butt-in, my understanding was always that in L4D1 you could only have one weapon? Or... there were no melee weapons at all, or something drastic. At least I thought so anyway, maybe I'm wrong here (certainly wouldn't be a first).

I jumped on the bandwagon long after the 2nd game was out.

Sidenote: I love that the engrish translation on that sale page for Harley Quinn's Revenge is "Revenge of the Harley".

I wouldn't call adding melee weapons that drastic of a change, and it could have simply been an expansion pack as someone else said, but yeah let's not get into that again lol.

#1835 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

I wouldn't call adding melee weapons that drastic of a change, and it could have simply been an expansion pack as someone else said, but yeah let's not get into that again lol.

Don't think it was patchable on the 360 with the engine they had. At least that's what they said. (and my opinion on Vulvae isn't as high and I sort of believe them on it.)

That said... Let's not get into it again. ;)

#1836 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

ok, basically the same then.

if i have the first is it worth getting then?

on the hungarian marketplace it is 960 msp and depending if it is a region free game then i was thinking of getting it.
also would it be watered down coming from there, heard a few games have been watered down from that region.

#1837 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Bought Left 4 Dead 2 - The Sacrifice for 280 points. I really really hope this isn't included in Cold stream. Did I just waste $3.50 ???

Nope, you're good.

For everyone's reference:

The Passing
  • only The Passing

The Sacrifice
  • The Sacrifice
  • No Mercy

Cold Stream
  • Cold Stream
  • Death Toll
  • Dead Air
  • Blood Harvest
  • Crash Course

All worth getting if you're a fan of the game.

#1838 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

My take:

The versus and scavenge modes are awesome, and way better because of the new special infected IMHO.

If you really liked L4D1, L4D2 is definitely worth owning.

#1839 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'll take any sales over nothing. Remember, we could just as easily gotten a 100% avatar sale. :-P

Just as easily? Microsoft's sales can be pathetic, but I sincerely doubt they're so stupid that they'd only give us that for BF/CM.

Knock on wood...

How is Cold Stream not a deal at 280? It includes 4 other campaigns, one of which was DLC itself.

No brainer purchase if you're a fan of Left 4 Dead.

It's a decent deal especially when you take into consideration the additional L4D1 campaigns. I said what I did not necessarily because I demand a dirt cheap price on Cold Stream specifically, but because the one-day deal list as a whole is underwhelming. Am I wrong for wanting a little more? L4D DLC should be marked down more frequently and consistently as it is, IMO - I'm Borderlanded, Bioshocked, and Red Dead GTA'd out.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#1840 MagmaOasis

MagmaOasis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Left 4 Dead 2 is the one game i always do one day buys for. I already have all the DLC for it.

I bought Real Steel when it first came out. It's fun, but the campaign is literally IMPOSSIBLE unless you're willing to spend MORE MSP to buy better parts to build your robot. There's no way to win without doing that, and the good parts are like 800 points each. Plus you have to pay additional MSP for the right to color your robot. So if you don't like having a generic gray robot, this game will cost you a lot more in the long run.

I've been waiting for Shadow Complex, so that's pretty exciting.

Any opinions on Expendables 2? Never heard of the game.

#1841 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Because of all the talking about L4D2 you reminded me I still have one achievement to do...I swear I did all the campaigns on expert but it didn't pop and the counter is still missing one and I don't fucking know which one since we did that in one sitting meh (even did 1 or 2 of them again to be sure that time still don't know which one he isn't counting >.<)

#1842 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

I just don't see why anyone thinks it's fun. I enjoyed it back in the genesis days but its crap compared to most modern brawlers. Even older titles like final fight or double dragon aged better and offer more to the player.

I think rose tinted glasses are to blame honestly.

Its worth it for the music alone.

apathy.gif

#1843 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Banjo Kazoie is never going to go on sale :-(

#1844 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

It did once ;) Quite some time ago...

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#1845 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

They both did, once each at seperate times.

I passed and regret as well.

apathy.gif

#1846 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

I tried the monster world demo didnt do it for me. Are the other two on it better?

#1847 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Sorry but I have to ask, is there any word on whether or not there will be special deals for tomorrow (Black Friday) only?

#1848 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

Sorry but I have to ask, is there any word on whether or not there will be special deals for tomorrow (Black Friday) only?

You serious? :roll: Read the last 3-4 pages in this thread and you'll find out ;)

#1849 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Its worth it for the music alone.

Seriously. And the amount of great mashup and remixes on Youtube... the soundtrack to these games were amazing.

I'm a huge brawler fan, and I'm not sure if I understand why someone doesn't think these aged well. Streets of Rage 2 is a certified classic in my book. Ah well, each to their own.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#1850 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

You serious? :roll: Read the last 3-4 pages in this thread and you'll find out ;)

wow, those are pretty crappy deals for tomorrow :cry:

#1851 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

prices are updated on the japanese marketplace. 50% off all of those things mentioned. What a shitty black friday sale.

#1852 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

400 for harley quinn's dlc is good

#1853 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

prices are updated on the japanese marketplace. 50% off all of those things mentioned. What a shitty black friday sale.

Lame sale, but I might get a thing or two. I just wish there was more variety, and they weren't all out. 50% off isn't bad if they just had more of a selection.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#1854 chapnis

chapnis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

I can't believe people complain about sales, people expect everything they want to be 80%, it's just not gunna happen. If there's something you want be happy, if there's not then no harm, no use complaining about it.

#1855 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

400 for harley quinn's dlc is good

Good enough for me. Bought this and ME3 Leviathan.
Posted Image

#1856 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Tempted to return my gamefly batman arkham city for the $20 edition but do I really wanna play as robin in combat challenges?

#1857 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

Tempted to return my gamefly batman arkham city for the $20 edition but do I really wanna play as robin in combat challenges?

Fuck yeah

#1858 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

I can't believe people complain about sales, people expect everything they want to be 80%, it's just not gunna happen. If there's something you want be happy, if there's not then no harm, no use complaining about it.

But it just seems like weird stuff to put on sale for Black Friday

#1859 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Fuck yeah

I'm phoning my gamefly representative to cancel my order then

#1860 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Only complaint i have with these sales is microsoft thought that Australia did not need a sales tab for these sales and we have to look up each thing individually.