XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#2131 Hunter Hybrid

Hunter Hybrid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

It was on sale I think around September 25-October 1.

Well that explain it, I was in the middle of moving at that time. Maybe it will comeback when EA has a big publisher's sale, I hope.

#2132 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

...I check this thread every week and didn't see Crysis on sale, I must of skipped over it since I don't bother looking at the GoD section of the OP. Damn it!

As good as the OP is kept by either reddjoey or the wikiers, you should always check the last few pages I find. When something good is on sale folks are usually talking about it!

#2133 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

After how many of the sales over the past few days have been repeats? I really wouldn't say only chance. GoD or not, when Microsoft does a sale, you're usually going to see it again....and again.....and again.

*cue this week being GTA DLC yet again as was leaked*

The DLC repeats aren't necessarily good indicators of GoD sale trends. As I said GoD sales are much harder to predict. Repeat GoD sales are much less common and are typically further apart on the calendar than other content sale repeats. So it is definitely possible to see it on sale again but who knows when.

Now that I'm thinking about it, wasn't Crysis on sale for $15 only a few weeks before the $10 one? Could mean it'll go on sale again at either price point or it won't again for a while since its already been on sale twice recently.

#2134 JDMoney

JDMoney

Like a Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

When you go to the deal of the week box on the dashboard there is a picture of GTA IV. However, when you select it, it brings up deals for Puzzle Quest 1/2, Magic: The Gathering/2012, Puzzle Quest, Settlers of Catan and everyone's favorite Carcassone. They still show full price too.

Must be a glitch/mistake, because these were just recently the deal of the week IIRC.

#2135 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Grabbed Space Channel 5 right before it went back up in price, since I have an abundance of points now thanks to Target :D

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#2136 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

When you go to the deal of the week box on the dashboard there is a picture of GTA IV. However, when you select it, it brings up deals for Puzzle Quest 1/2, Magic: The Gathering/2012, Puzzle Quest, Settlers of Catan and everyone's favorite Carcassone. They still show full price too.

Must be a glitch/mistake, because these were just recently the deal of the week IIRC.

Yep, I already see GTA IV for $9.99, and the "Lost & Damned" DLC for 400pts ... but "Gay Tony" DLC is still 1600pts.
http://marketplace.x...ch?query=gta iv
http://marketplace.x...?query=gay tony

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#2137 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Yep, I already see GTA IV for $9.99, and the "Lost & Damned" DLC for 400pts ... but "Gay Tony" DLC is still 1600pts.
http://marketplace.x...ch?query=gta iv
http://marketplace.x...?query=gay tony

''The Ballad of Gay Tony" is 50% off as well.

http://marketplace.x...07f2?cid=search

#2138 Saren Arterius

Saren Arterius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

The Yu-Gi-Oh game on the xbox marketplace is pretty fun and addicting,well at least it was for me and my friends we would play the tag duels for hours.I believe the game got delisted and brought back like a week ago.

I second this, it's amazing how a crappy Yu-Gi-Oh game can be more fun than all Magic games just by the simple fact of leave you edit your own deck.:applause:

But still certainly Magic 2013 is amazing for those 400 MSP and that Yu-Gi-Oh game will return in a few weeks but will cost 800 MSP.

#2139 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Heads up, there's a quick update that needs to be downloaded.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2140 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Again this GTA IV DLC? <.< I don't even like GTA IV *confession bear*

Burnout Crash is half price too? what's up with that? =O

#2141 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Scratch & Match Loser Deals this week are:

Pac Man C.E. DX 400 MSP
Pac-Man 200 MSP
Ms. Pac-Man 200 MSP

Already own them all :x but still good deals non the less! I remember someone on here wanted to get the C.E. DX version for a long time =P

#2142 w00dm4n

w00dm4n

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

If i install GTA4 from the disc will that speed up the download time for the GoD version?

#2143 johnpap

johnpap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

I second this, it's amazing how a crappy Yu-Gi-Oh game can be more fun than all Magic games just by the simple fact of leave you edit your own deck.:applause:

But still certainly Magic 2013 is amazing for those 400 MSP and that Yu-Gi-Oh game will return in a few weeks but will cost 800 MSP.

I'm really glad to see a return of a former delisted game. I just wish the same for other delisted games like Outrun :( and Marble Blast :( and kung fu strike and the list goes on...

Already own them all :x but still good deals non the less! I remember someone on here wanted to get the C.E. DX version for a long time =P

Finally, I had to wait for ages to see a Pac Man C.E. DX discount!!!
Same for Omega Five, Strania and so on...

#2144 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

If i install GTA4 from the disc will that speed up the download time for the GoD version?

No, they are two different versions. At least in my case, I had to delete my installed version of a game before downloading the GoD one.

edit: dotw's are up

GTA IV GonD 27-Nov – 3-DecVaries by region
GTA IV Lost and Damned400
GTA IV Ballad of Gay Tony800

Deadliest Warrior 4-Dec to 10-Dec400
Deadliest Warrior: DLC Expansion Pack 1200
Deadliest Warrior: Legends400
Deadliest Warrior: Legends – Joan of Arc DLC120

Nothing for me these two weeks, gonna wait for the Ubisoft sale next week.

#2145 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Coming to Xbox Marketplace blog is up.

Dragon's Lair will be on sale next week (Kinect optional), along with Deadliest Repeat...I mean Warrior & an Ubisoft sale as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2146 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Coming to Xbox Marketplace blog is up.

Dragon's Lair will be on sale next week (Kinect optional), along with Deadliest Repeat...I mean Warrior & an Ubisoft sale as well.

Wow horrible. After these horrible BF and CM deals atleast give us something new but no. Ill stick to my ps3 BF pickups for a while.

#2147 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Wow horrible. After these horrible BF and CM deals atleast give us something new but no. Ill stick to my ps3 BF pickups for a while.

I guess you saw different XBLA sales last week than most of us? While they weren't giving anything away for 90% off, the number of games on sale (across all the simultaneous sales) included several titles that hadn't been on sale before and was totally unparalleled for an XBLA sale.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#2148 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

I swear, if I Am Alive goes on sale for less than 800 points, I'm going to be upset. We just had a deal a few weeks ago.
Posted Image

#2149 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

I guess you saw different XBLA sales last week than most of us? While they weren't giving anything away for 90% off, the number of games on sale (across all the simultaneous sales) included several titles that hadn't been on sale before and was totally unparalleled for an XBLA sale.

No if you read correctly the BF and CM deals were crap (expect for Cold Steam). The SVC collections for 400 MSP and I guess Spelunky were the only highlights from the week long sale. I wanted to see more games for 400 or less. Last year BG&E for 240 MSP ($3) was one of my best BF/CM pickups and there was nothing close to that level this year.

#2150 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

This is most certainly what the world needs after everyone and their brother had the complete edition of GTAIV on sale for 15 bucks on black friday... :roll:

#2151 ONESTARv2

ONESTARv2

Dreamcast Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Picked up two of the BF deals last minute. Got the Sega Monster World Collection. Never played any of the games, but looked quite unique for genesis games. Played some and I am glad I spent the points.

Also picked up southpark. Seemed like a simple game, but several of my friends bought it, so i think it will make for good 4 player co op. The tower defense game was a blast, especially for a 4 player couch game.
*The Cadillac of signatures*

#2152 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

No, they are two different versions. At least in my case, I had to delete my installed version of a game before downloading the GoD one.

edit: dotw's are up

GTA IV GonD 27-Nov – 3-DecVaries by region
GTA IV Lost and Damned400
GTA IV Ballad of Gay Tony800

Deadliest Warrior 4-Dec to 10-Dec400
Deadliest Warrior: DLC Expansion Pack 1200
Deadliest Warrior: Legends400
Deadliest Warrior: Legends – Joan of Arc DLC120

Nothing for me these two weeks, gonna wait for the Ubisoft sale next week.

Hmm since the Deadliest Warrior Games aren't available in this country I hope for some substitution deals like Half Minute Hero the last time the Dead Rising Games were on sale...

#2153 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

If you dig racing games, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is not only an awesome game, it has Vyse and a wonderful Skies track. SEGA could certainly be warming us up for a re-release. After all, they're buying into digital releases in a big way. If only Square-Enix would do the same on consoles and not just smartphones!

I hope you're right. It would be fantastic if it's a sequel/prequel instead of a port though. Don't get me wrong, I would still LOVE an HD remake of the game and would definitely pick it up on day one. But since I already own copies of the DC and the GC games I am itching for some new adventures.
I'll most likely pick up a copy of the new racing game when it goes on sale. I am still about half way done with the first one and it's buried deep in my "on-hold" pile at the moment.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#2154 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

I've been meaning to ask this for a while and I guess this is my last chance before the game goes back up to full price.
I have Magic 2012 in my backlog. Is there a point to picking up 2013 if I'm not a hardcore Magic player? I know 2013 is missing some features from 2012, but bear in mind I am a casual player. I normally don't dig too far beneath the surface and don't care much about extra modes and customization that gives the game "depth".

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#2155 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

I am really surprised the Omega DLC (Mass Effect 3) is 1200 points. You are talking about a game released 8 months ago that you can get for almost the same cost now + the DLC does not allow you to carry anything back with you as far as characters and you cannot return to Omega once you complete it. I am even going to cringe having to pay 600 for this eventually.

#2156 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

No if you read correctly the BF and CM deals were crap (expect for Cold Steam). The SVC collections for 400 MSP and I guess Spelunky were the only highlights from the week long sale. I wanted to see more games for 400 or less. Last year BG&E for 240 MSP ($3) was one of my best BF/CM pickups and there was nothing close to that level this year.

:roll: this year's deals were fine

#2157 bajingo

bajingo

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

the DLC does not allow you to carry anything back with you as far as characters and you cannot return to Omega once you complete it. I am even going to cringe having to pay 600 for this eventually.

That's too bad, def. gonna pass and wait for a good sale. I always thought side kick characters in ME 3 were kinda boring, wish they were more alien and at least more interesting outfits. ME2 had the best side characters I think.

#2158 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

This is most certainly what the world needs after everyone and their brother had the complete edition of GTAIV on sale for 15 bucks on black friday... :roll:

I was there but forgot to pick it up...BF fail.

#2159 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

You have horrible taste, then again you did actually buy stuff for the PS3 like it's not dead so..........

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#2160 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Yup. I'm waiting on my copy to be delivered this week.

I'm thinking I'll pick up Bully if it's still 1200 MSP. Has it ever been 800 MSP or should I just bite? I bit on Crysis at 1200 thinking it wouldn't drop and then it hit 800 within a month or two.

Any opinions on Burnout Crash? What Kinect functionality is there? I remember playing the trial and thinking it was okay but then deleting it.

Hmmm I own the first Deadliest Warrior game and might pickup the DLC but pass on the sequel + DLC.

After buying the ME3 Leviathan DLC on sale I'll wait for Omega to hopefully be discounted in the next year. Microsoft should do a Bioware sale. I think there's still a Dragon Age 2 DLC that hasn't been discounted that I've been waiting for.

Hopefully the upcoming Ubisoft sale brings something new like the ACIII Season Pass on sale already. I can dream! Even though this will piss someone off I hope I Am Alive is 600 MSP. Otherwise some newer DLC sales would be cool.