XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#211 chooka1

chooka1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

Yep. Disc is the only way. I doubt we'll ever see a GoD version by this point, much to my lament and what sparked this whole conversation to begin with, lol.

Lemme know what your impressions are.

Demo is in the queue and I've found some reasonable priced phyiscal copies of the disc online in the event I like the dem.
Thanks!

#212 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Going to throw my hat in the ring on Culdcept Saga as well. I played the demo and just had to get the full game after playing the demo several times. Then I brought the game over a friend's house and was shocked when they all got so caught up in it that they didn't want to play the usual Halo and Call of Duty that the get togethers were about. At least two of them picked the game up as well after.

Really an interesting game, hope you enjoy it!

#213 chooka1

chooka1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Thanks guys...any tips for a beginner at Culdcept Saga?
I read some reviews already and it sounds like there is quite steep learning curve. Any suggestions to ease curve?

Perhaps you can PM me to avoid hijacking this thread?

#214 Jhuntley

Jhuntley

Is not a robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Why is Metro showing up as 19.99 now? I was going to get it, but I guess I'll settle for Saints Row.
My Favorite Games of This Gen: Alan Wake series, Call of Duty series, Shadows of the Damned, Saints Row III
My Most Hated Games This Gen: Battlefield series, Uncharted series
Posted Image

#215 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Just published my Happy Wars review at Co-Optimus. It focuses on the multiplayer aspects and not the PDLC, which I've covered in a previous article. Feedback is greatly appreciated. :)

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#216 nypickle

nypickle

Orange and Blue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Why is Metro showing up as 19.99 now? I was going to get it, but I guess I'll settle for Saints Row.

that is some BS about Metro 2033. Thought the sale is until the 22nd.

I checked on Twitter and someone asked @XboxSupport about it and they said:

@DanielPeirce We're currently looking into this. Thanks for being patient. =) ^KC

#217 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

There is no such thing! The only genre there's too much of is FPS games on consoles, and puzzle games on mobile phones. :P

Especially physics puzzlers. Yuck!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#218 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Just published my Happy Wars review at Co-Optimus. It focuses on the multiplayer aspects and not the PDLC, which I've covered in a previous article. Feedback is greatly appreciated. :)

Nicely done. I've been intending to get around to trying this out sometime soon and your review made me bump it up on my gaming priorities list a bit. I appreciate the in-depth focus on the class abilities so I have some idea of who to pick and what to do.

I was turned off almost instantly from Fat Princess for some reason so I'm hoping this can draw me in a bit more. Either way, FREE! AND ACHIEVEMENTS! So why not?

#219 killer9

killer9

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

welp im glad i checked here i thought metro 2033 sale was over

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#220 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Where is this Culdcept Saga you guys speak of? Is it on sale?

#221 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Home Run Stars comes out 10/26. Since it's a Kinect game that means I will be snagging it.
Shouldn't it be "Homerun" though?

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#222 wirechild

wirechild

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

Still shows up as 9.99 for me at this link...

http://marketplace.x...0842?noSplash=1

#223 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Glad I waited for Wreckateer. It's fun but not 10.00 fun. This is the first year I didn't buy all the SOA games, so I hope Deadlight and Dust go on sale next.

seanr1221.png

#224 MagmaOasis

MagmaOasis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Shocktober is horror themed games sale right? If so then i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for Scarygirl and Deadlight

#225 chipper_95

chipper_95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but wasn't last years Shocktober sales really crappy? I want to say that a lot of things on that list weren't actually on sale. They amassed a big pile of Halloween/Scary content and advertised it all, but only about 1/5 of those games actually got a discount. The rest were just advertised at full price.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think that's what happened. There was lots of disappointment because a lot of us were waiting for the advertised content's prices to drop, and they never did.

Crap, you are right! I tried to find a separate thread here on CAG about the Shocktober sales when I made my previous post but had no luck. However, I am sure we discussed it in here. I do remember it being a big letdown now. Everyone keep you expectations low and hopefully they will actually put the stuff on sale that they advertise.

#226 chipper_95

chipper_95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

Home Run Stars comes out 10/26. Since it's a Kinect game that means I will be snagging it.
Shouldn't it be "Homerun" though?

I am interested in it for the Kinect functionality and how it is going to work with SmartGlass.

#227 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hey Gamers-
need your help and insight on a few things with the Metro 2033 download for 800MSP / $9.99. I've read from different people here that there are OTHER downloadable games that people have gotten (either here in the U.S. or in other countries), where there is a difference from the downloadable version and the actual disc version. (Maybe it has something to do with a country restricting certain content, etc ??) For those that have downloaded this game and perhaps played through it, is the 4.9GB the FULL, COMPLETE version with no exclusion of content ?

Also could I ask for your thoughts / reviews of the add-on "Ranger pack" for 240MSP ? Is it REALLY worth considering this additional purchase for the game ?

As much as I'd really LOVE to have the physical disc copy of Metro 2033, and save hard drive space, like most people, trying to find a copy even close to $10 is like "trying to find a needle in a haystack."

As always, thanks for everyone's comments and help in advance.

#228 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Shocktober is horror themed games sale right? If so then i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for Scarygirl and Deadlight

I am very much hoping for Scarygirl as well.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#229 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

is there a way to contact microsoft /xbox live to suggest games that they should put on sale or at least to ask them for details of future sales?

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#230 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

i have been playing games since the 80's and i had no idea there was a sonic fighting game lol sweet

#231 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

is there a way to contact microsoft /xbox live to suggest games that they should put on sale or at least to ask them for details of future sales?

Best way would probably just call Billy G. on his house line. :D

#232 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

i have been playing games since the 80's and i had no idea there was a sonic fighting game lol sweet

Its ok played it on pc once

#233 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

Hey Gamers-
need your help and insight on a few things with the Metro 2033 download for 800MSP / $9.99. I've read from different people here that there are OTHER downloadable games that people have gotten (either here in the U.S. or in other countries), where there is a difference from the downloadable version and the actual disc version. (Maybe it has something to do with a country restricting certain content, etc ??) For those that have downloaded this game and perhaps played through it, is the 4.9GB the FULL, COMPLETE version with no exclusion of content ?

Also could I ask for your thoughts / reviews of the add-on "Ranger pack" for 240MSP ? Is it REALLY worth considering this additional purchase for the game ?

As much as I'd really LOVE to have the physical disc copy of Metro 2033, and save hard drive space, like most people, trying to find a copy even close to $10 is like "trying to find a needle in a haystack."

I wish I had answers for you just because of how politely you asked.

#234 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Hey Gamers-

I don't know what difference is between different versions of the game selling for either 800 or 6XX but either way, Metro for $10 is worth it. As already noted, finding a used physical copy for $15 is alone is a hapless endeavor

#235 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

It's a bad game. VF2 was good back then but with VF5 out i don't see why i'd play it, at least not for ten dollars. All they need to release is fighters megamix but they keep rehashing these games instead. most of these came out on ps2. hopefully they will port sega rally then as that got put out on ps2 as well and would be nice to play online.

SR2 expansions? Worth it?

#236 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

Hey Gamers-

Also could I ask for your thoughts / reviews of the add-on "Ranger pack" for 240MSP ? Is it REALLY worth considering this additional purchase for the game? ...

I haven't read anything about missing content but I did play Metro off of a disc and (like others) feel that the sale price is an excellent one. Half the game would need to be missing for it to not be worth $10. If you're turned off by an atmospheric, deliberate FPS than it might not be for you but even then it would be hard to not to not get your money's worth. It's not a perfect title by any means but its faults are a lot easier to handle at such a good price. I paid 2.5-3 times this amount back when I obtained it and didn't regret it then. As I have not played the Ranger DLC I have no opinion on it. Hope this helps your decision.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#237 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

It's a bad game. VF2 was good back then but with VF5 out i don't see why i'd play it, at least not for ten dollars. All they need to release is fighters megamix but they keep rehashing these games instead. most of these came out on ps2. hopefully they will port sega rally then as that got put out on ps2 as well and would be nice to play online.

SR2 expansions? Worth it?

I hadn't heard of it either but it looks like shart!
SR2 - general consensus (here and reviews) is no.

#238 NeoshoTiger

NeoshoTiger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

I went to download Saint's Row 2 and it says 880 points, anyone know why it isn't 800?

#239 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

I went to download Saint's Row 2 and it says 880 points, anyone know why it isn't 800?

prob to do with the region you are in.

for example metro is 800 msp but in australia it is 900 msp as it is not $9.99 like in america but $14 or something

#240 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Glad I waited for Wreckateer. It's fun but not 10.00 fun.

This, it's decent at $5, it's a Kinect game that basically works.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif